Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

4/8 game: A Change of Plans

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Wednesday, February 25

Graydon: Graydon let his gaze wander across the assembled crowd from his position back at the wall and behind the stage they had put up in the University's sports hall. The place was packed that day, and people were still flocking in. No one had taken to the podium yet, but the chatter from the many people already filled the room with noise.

Graydon: He looked down at his watch. There was still some time until he was supposed to head up. A few of the other club members would give some of their generic speeches beforehand. His decision to get active and show up that day had caught a lot of the older members by surprise.

Jason: "A lot more people than I expected...though I suppose we have to make room for those protesting, don't we?" Jason shifted in his seat, crossing his arms as he looked towards the now empty podium.

Graydon: Craig, one of his new assistants and new member of their club, stood next to him and was talking insistently, while pointing his pen at various underlined words on the paper he held in front of Graydon's face. "Calm down, Craig." He said. "I told you I won't need that. I'm simply going to say what I have to say. No manuscripts."

Miranda: "Hmm?" Miranda nibbled at her thumbnail, turning to look blankly at Jason. She was still in shock Graydon had turned up for this, and after the reception he'd given her at the planning session she'd decided it was for the best she keep away from him. This was what she'd wanted, after all -- him doing his job. This had always been his club.

Rogue: Rogue shifted in her seat and crossed her arms under her chest, "Well, college kids like ta rebel... Probably why there's so many at all tha protests an' rallies."

Jason: "Nothing, just commenting on the crowd. I suppose with the last few meetings there has been a bit more attention." After all, things blew up at the last one apparently.

Graydon: "Fine, I'll take it." Graydon eventually said, just to shut Craig up. He took the sheet of paper and stuffed it into the pocket of his jacket. His gaze went back the crowd. The people were restless today. No wonder. Mutant related events usually got people interested and raised some tempers.

Miranda: "Yeah..." She sighed and put her hand down, smoothing down her slacks. "Well, hopefully this one will be nice and calm."

Hepzibah: Eyeing the folding chairs warily, Hepzibah carefully settled into a crouch on one. Folding chairs were the venus fly traps of the chair world when you had a tail. She looked around and spotted Mayhem. At least she wasn't the only obvious mutant here this time.

Graydon: Aside from this, the people who supported the cause of their club weren't the only ones who regularly showed up to these rallies. Graydon had no doubt that this was not different that day. He glanced up when the first speaker walked up to the podium and tested the microphone, followed by a greeting to the crowd.

Rogue: Rogue tilted her head as the first person started to speak, interested in what he had to say. She slouched a bit in her chair and reached up to pull the bandana on a bit better, hiding her white locks from the crowd.

Mayhem: Mayhem was sat awkwardly on a chair, slouching a little more then usual and spinning his hat in his hands. "Um. So what are these things again?" He muttered quietly as the first person stepped up.

Graydon: Time for the usual opening mumbo-jumbo. While the guy up on the podium held his introductory speech, Graydon closed his eyes and once more went through the manuscript in his head. As he had done many times before.

Miranda: "Um, well, this is the Friends of Humanity," Miranda explained to the new guy -- and holy shit was he tall. "My, ah... ex... there, Graydon..." she pointed him out in the wings, "He started this after the whole registration act stuff started up. He thought it was bullshit that mutants were getting singled out. It's, like, totally a good cause." She nodded, in part to reassure herself.

Amara: Amara frowned up at the podium, she was feeling a little aprehensive considering what had happened last time. If there were any more explosions she was staying out of it. Baby came first now.

Mayhem: "Oh. Right. Um. Yay?" Mayhem put his hat on the floor and proceeded to play with the end of a dreadlock instead. "Well, I can totally get that."

Graydon: After the crowd had been properly greeted, today's program was announced, including a recent change in plans. Not long after, Graydon heard his name over the speakers. He opened his eyes, put on his most winning smile and took a casual jog up to the podium, where he waved at the crowd. Those motions came instinctual to him.

Graydon: "Welcome, friends!" He spoke into the microphone, still waving. "It's nice to see so many of you here today." Pause. Wait for the crowd to give applause and settle down.

Jason: "Has Graydon been practicing his political jog? Because the idea of him doing that in place in front of a mirror is a bit too much for me." Jason joined in the applause politely, settling back.

Miranda: Wait? Change? Miranda applauded, but tilted her head curiously. "Um... he's, like, always been good at this stuff." Yet, something did seem different.

Amara: Well at least everyone seemed to like Graydon. And if they liked him it could only be a good thing. Maybe then they'd listen.

Mayhem: Mayhem slouched a little further down, not for the first time wishing he wasn't so tall. And didn't have a tail. Damn thing wouldn't let him sit right.

Hepzibah: Hepz leaned over the nudged Mayhem's shoulder. "How you holding out?" She gave him a sympathetic look at him trying to sit like a 'normal' person.

Graydon: "Thank you." Graydon continued after the initial applause. "It's also nice to see that our agenda reaches out to so many of you. It's a sure sign that we're addressing poeple's sentiments and opinions, regardless if we agree with each other or not. It also shows how important these things are."

Mayhem: "Uncomfortable." Mayhem murmured back, shifting again and eyeing her enviously. "Wish I could do that, but then people really would notice me." His green eyes flicked out over the crowd. "If this is mutant-friendly, they need to start catering for mutants, damnit."

Hepzibah: The fellow cat found herself laughing. "You'd think so, wouldn't you." He really wasn't so bad. "I think you should crouch up anyway and pissed of the folks behind you." She grinned.

Graydon: "As many of you know, we've reached a lot since the Friends of Humanity have been formed." Graydon continued. His eyes were focused on the crowd while he pulled the manuscript from his pocket. "We might not have changed any of the laws in this country, but we've raised awareness and made people talk about the mutant issue."

Miranda: Miranda flashed the cat mutants a sympathetic smile. "I'll have to tell that to Gray." That was a good point, she realized. She was still no closer to figuring out her own mutation though, other than what the school doctor had told her. The girl who could see mutations had just had a baby, so she had more important things to do. Miranda sighed.

Mayhem: Mayhem smirked at Hepz before nodding at...what was her name again? Um. Her. "I would, but me mam raised me to be polite."

Jason: "I can't say as I know of any company making mutant friendly chairs. I suppose a beanbag would be the closest thing?"

Rogue: "Beanbags can be quite comfy," Rogue nodded a bit, but mostly paid attention to Graydon.
Miranda: Miranda giggled. "Well, there you go, Jason! The surefire way to make your first million - mutant-friendly chairs."

Amara: "Open backed chairs seem a smart choice for those with tails," Amara put in, "Or stools for the few with wings...?" She shrugged.

Mayhem: "Ooooh. Beanbags." Mayhem realised he should probably be paying attention to the guy on stage, but the idea of beanbags was distracting.

Graydon: After taking a quick glance at the manuscript, Graydon crumpled the paper into a ball and stuffed it back into his pockets. He looked back up, pausing for a moment. "A lot has been achieved since a couple of friends and I decided to form this club. A lot has changed, as well." Another pause. "And as any other group with a political agenda, we have to adapt to these changes."

Hepzibah: "Anything would be an improvement." Hepz grumbled as her furred tail got caught in the mechanism of the folding chair. With a wince, she snapped it free.

Miranda: Miranda looked back up at Graydon curiously.

Amara: Amara slouched slightly, she was uncomfortable and wishing she'd worn a dress instead of jeans.

Mayhem: "....Political whatnow?" Mayhem finally dragged himself away from comfy beanbag imaginings to concentrate on the guy on the podium. "Oh right."

Jason: Jason tilted his head, now actually focusing on the speech...though in the back of his mind he was considering a seating business venture.

Rogue: "What changes?" She frowned and crossed her arms again, glancing to Miranda. "What's he talkin' 'bout?"

Miranda: Miranda shrugged, giving Rogue a confused look, though she had a strange sinking feeling, recalling their fight at the deli. Surely...

Hepzibah: "Adapt to what?" Hepz's frown mirrored Rogue's as she stared at Graydon harder. Something about his phrasing made her even more uncomfortable than the damn chair she was caught in.

Amara: Amara shifted again, "God, I should have brought a cushion...." she muttered, trying to find a comfortable position to sit in.

Graydon: Graydon waited patiently until the murmuring among the crowd had died down. "I'm sure everyone would agree with me when I say that those who remain inflexible, stubborn, and stuck will fail to adapt to changing situations and eventually become irrelevant." Another well calculated pause. "Sometimes, a situation can change drastically and unexpectedly."

Amara: "Yeah, you got that right...." Amara commented under her breath.

Rogue: "How drastic?" She scowled and kept her eyes on Graydon.

Mayhem: Mayhem glanced at...Mildred? No, that wasn't right...and frowned as her scent very subtly changed. He looked back up at Graydon. He didn't trust polititions anyway, and this sounded like a first-class political speech to him. Still. They were fighting for mutants, right? And that was a good thing. Hah. Lookit me. Didn't even know any other mutants a few days ago.

Miranda: No. No way. This in no fucking way should have anything to do with their drastic change. Miranda scooted forward in the seat.

Graydon: "I'm afraid something like that happened to the Friends of Humanity recently." Graydon said. "It was drastic and unexpected, but I can assure you that we're going to deal with the situation eventually." The pause that followed was a little longer. Graydon kept a keen eye on the crowd.

Amara: Amara frowned, "What the hell is he blabbering on about?"

Miranda: Her mouth fell open inelegantly.

Jason: "He'll get to it eventually, I'm sure." Jason looked over, seeing Miranda's face. "...let's just hope he's talking about attention after the last rally?" Optimism sounded false coming from him.

Mayhem: Mayhem's eyes flicked back to....Molly? Naaah....and then to the guy on stage. Eh. He didn't know enough to say anything. Squirming again to get comfortable (and failing) he tried to pay attention.

Graydon: Graydon took a deep breath, before addressing the crowd the again. "We have long and thoroughly discussed whether we should make this information public in this manner, but in the end there was no doubt that it's our principal obligation to be honest to those who believe in us."

Jason: "Well, there goes my idea then."

Amara: Amara let out a small whimper of frustration. Stupid chairs. "Hope he hurries up...." She wanted to get up and walk around. It'd be more comfortable.

Hepzibah: Hepz heart was beating faster as she focused all her attention on Graydon. Drastic, sudden changes were never a good thing and they way he kept building this thing up only added to her anxiety. God, She should have just stayed at home.

Graydon: "It has come to our attention," Graydon continued, his words becoming more pronounced now, "that leading members of the Friends of Humanity have been directly influenced by mutant powers. We are not sure for how long this has been the case, but are absolutely positive that our actions have been secretly manipulated in a far-reaching way."

Graydon: He took another deep breath, while letting the words settle in. The tension among the crowd was immediately visible. Just as he had thought.

Amara: Amara looked up, an eyebrow raising, "Is he implying what I think he's implying?" She whispered to anyone that might be listening to her.

Miranda: Surely he wouldn't... oh, he did! Miranda discretely tried to get up, working her way to the end of the aisle. "Excuse me, excuse me... oh, God..." She bumped against another woman. "Excuse me!"

Hepzibah: "I hope not 'mara." Hepz breathed.

Jason: "....What now?" Jason looked over in time to see Miranda leaving. "Oh, hell."

Amara: Amara turned to look at Miranda, "Where the hell is she going?" she hissed.

Mayhem: "...Waitwhat?" Mayhem was very aware of scents changing in the room, and not in a good way. "Um. Please tell me we ain't the only mutants here." People were already glancing over at them. The other girl whos name he couldn't remember was leaving, too....

Jason: "I would think she is attempting to make a timely exit." Jason was considering the wisdom in doing the same.

Rogue: "Damnit. This is not good."

Graydon: Voice rose among the assembled people, some even shouting out loud towards the stage. Graydon had to raise his hands several times until the noise finally dropped to a tolerable level. "Please. Believe me, this revelation shocked us just as much as it does you now, if not more so. I also wish that I could tell you that we might be mistaken."

Miranda: Miranda didn't know exactly what she was doing, or how she would stop Graydon when she got to him, but she tripped over another man's foot, stammering out an apology as he reached to steady her and touched her bare arm. Oh God! Nononono! Gray, don't do this!

Amara: Amara was getting anxious now. This really didn't sound like it was going to end well.

Graydon: "Sadly, there is no doubt about the fact that the integrity of the club has been compromised, perhaps from the very start. I myself have been under the influence of someone else for most of the time I ran the FoH. As you can imagine, finding out about this was a major shock, which explain my absence from Club business."

Miranda: She staggered out from the end of the aisle, drawing more attention then she wanted. What the hell was he doing?! This wasn't right!

Rogue: "Shit. So what? Is he gonna cancel tha club'r somethin'?"

Mayhem: Screw this. He wasn't going to be paranoid and uncomfortable. Mayhem switched his position from sitting to crouching, his cramped tail immediately tapping furiously as he narrowed his eyes and watchted the stage. "What's the girl doing?" He muttered.

Hepzibah: Her fur started to rise up in apprehenson at the accusation and Hepzibah began to exit her chair, cautiously. She didn't even feel more fur being yanked out of it.

Jason: "Oh this is such bullshit." Leaving was probably a very good idea. "Cancel? Hell, look how many people he has here. He could do whatever he wanted at the moment probably."

Amara: Amara frowned, "I don't like this... He's making it sound like he doesn't think mutants are good anymore... like we can't be trusted or something... how can he think that?"

Jason: "...just as easily as half of the people here probably do?"

Mayhem: "I dunno...." Mayhem scratched the back of his neck worriedly. "If someone has been controlling him....I know I'd be pissed."

Hepzibah: She swiveled her head and stared at Jason. "And what, exactly, do you think Graydon wants to do?"

Graydon: Graydon was interrupted again by the crows becoming too loud. He didn't expect to be able to speak in this matter for much longer. "As shocking as these revelations might be, I can assure you that we all agree that now is not the time to make rash and foolish decisions. We have talked long about this, and I can guarantee you that the Friends of Humanity will continue."

Amara: "But... who would control him...?" she looked up to the podium again, "Wait, listen."

Rogue: "Well that's good...Ah think." She chewed her lip.

Mayhem: Mayhem nodded.

Miranda: She kicked off her heels and trotted down the center aisle only to be stopped at the edge of the stage by this new assistant -- Craig. "Let me go!" She twisted in his grip, his nails leaving marks on her skin.

Hepzibah: This is not the place to make rash and foolish annoucements! Hepz's began to twitch as her eyes narrowed, looking at the mixed crowd around them. If this went badly...

Jason: "Miranda doesn't seem to think that it's a good thing though." Jason watched nervously, thinking her very foolish for having walked up there.

Graydon: "However, it's also necessary that we reevaluate the situation we're in, and quite possible will have to reassess the club's policies." Graydon had started to make wide gestures with his hands, like he had practised many times in front of the mirror. "The club's main agenda was and still is the protection of those who need it. This is not going to change."

Mayhem: Mayhem looked down from the stage as his periphial caught something going on - "Hey, isn't that the girl?" He gestured at her.

Rogue: Rogue glanced around for Miranda, "No, apparently not..."

Rogue: "Reassess the policies? What tha fuck does that mean?"

Mayhem: He looked back up, distracted, and his eyes narrowed at Graydon. Protection? Of who? From what?

Amara: Amara's eyes moved to the commotion near the stage, "Oh.... Miri... don't make a scene..." she quietly pleaded.

Graydon: "However, we just may have to accept that we've been to blue-eyed about these issues in the past, and thereby betrayed our own virtues. It's never wise to look at an issue from just one side, and this is exactly what we've done in the past."

Miranda: She fought against Craig, twisting to yell up at Graydon and no longer concerned that she was hysterical. "Gray! Shit! Stop it! This isn't what you want to do!"

Amara: Amara groaned and put her face in her hands.

Jason: "Her scene might be the least of our worries." This is what being sociable and getting involved in things got you.

Graydon: Graydon was cut off when he spotted Miri down in the front of the crowd, wrestling with Craig. The people were starting to get restless, not only around his ex.

Mayhem: Mayhem automatically shrank down at the shout, ears flattening at the murmurings from the crowd. So much for his first outing.

Rogue: "Just one side? So what... They're gonna look at it from tha government's side now?"

Graydon: "People, please." He tore his gaze away from Miranda ad tried to calm down the crowd again. It became more and more apparent that not only mutant supporters had shown up to this event. "Let's all remain civil."

Jason: Jason cringed as he heard what might be constituting 'the other side' getting more vocal. "Oh, yes, civil." His eyes rolled.

Hepzibah: "Civil? Civil Has he lost his fucking mind?!" Hepzibah shook her head. "Those protesters are going to eat us alive."

Miranda: Craig suddenly let her go to shove at another man beside him and she took the opportunity to run up the stairs. "Gray... whatever you believe happened, this is between us. Leave everybody else out of it," she pleaded.

Mayhem: "I don't like the government's way of doing things." Mayhem half-whined. "I was only supposed to be visitin' relatives here, not gettin' involved in riots." His accent was a little thicker as his tail whipped hard against his seat.

Rogue: "Hepzibah, calm down. Y'all gettin' riled up ain't gonna help anythin'." Damnit. Mental note. Never go somewhere with Hepzibah that could get a bit dicey.

Amara: "Calm down!" Amara urged, "Let him finish. It might be okay..." It had to be okay. Please don't let Miranda stress him out....

Hepzibah: She narrowed her eyes at Rogue, then turned her head to Mayhem with a worried smirk. "So, how you liking the States so far?"

Graydon: "I ask you to not misunderstand me." Graydon went on, despite the growing unrest. "By no means do we blame all mutants for what has happened. We're still on their side and will still make sure they receive the protection they deserve. But we also have to take into account the opinions and rights of regular people."

Mayhem: "I don't."

Rogue: "Regular people? We are regular people."

Amara: "See!" Amara said, a little hysterically, "It's fine. It'll be fine!"

Graydon: "If there's anything that this incident has show us, then it is how much those born without powers can feel threatened by those who have been gifted with them. It gave us a better understanding of both sides of the issue."

Miranda: Don't blame all mutants. Miranda made a sound of protest, fairly stamping her foot as he ignored her. She stopped at the edge of the stage and looked out over the crowd. "Oh... fuck." The man she'd tripped over was staring down the mutants from Xavier's... all over the room, murmurs were rising.

Mayhem: Mayhem closed his eyes, putting his hands over his ears like he had as a kid, trying to calm himself down. Unfortunately, that made the colours sharper and most of them weren't happy colours.
Jason: Jason glanced to Amara, then looked around at the crowd. "Are you on acid and seeing sunshine and flowers?"

Graydon: Graydon paused again, eying a group of people who had stood up at the edge of the room. They were shouting phrases at the podium that boiled down to "Told you so."

Rogue: Rogue took a deep breath and shook her head, "Maybe we should leave y'all... This ain't so friendly anymore."

Amara: "People listen to Graydon. If everyone just calms down I'm sure he can sort it all out." She told Jason. "It'll be fine."

Hepzibah: "Mayhem....you getting this..." Hepz snigged the air.

Rogue: "Sort it all out? It's him that's causin' this mess, Amara."

Jason: "Leaving would be a good idea." Hell, he already had enough bruising for the month from Monet. He didn't need to be around when this boiled even hotter.

Mayhem: "But what about...Miri?" Yes! That was her name. "We can't leave her." Mayhem looked at Hepz and nodded. "It's not good. Really not good. I don't like it."

Amara: "But he doesn't mean it like that. He's trying to fix it. Listen!" Amara had slid to the edge of her seat, Please fix it!

Graydon: "I can assure you that all your questions shall be answered..." Graydon tried again, but his voice was soon drowned out by two groups of people having an argument in the audience in front of him. Also, more and more shout were directly addressed as him. One of his assistants jogged up to the podium and stood behind him.

Rogue: Rogue glanced around and noticed some definite unfriendly glares in their direction. "Right. C'mon guys. Let's scoot. We ain't welcome here just at tha moment."

Hepzibah: "Amara, he is not trying to fix anything! He's making it worse." She held out her hand. "Come on, sweetie. Stand up."

Mayhem: "Need to get Miri, though!" Mayhem pointed to the girl on the stage. "I'll go for her. Um. 'Cause I'm biggest. They won't touch me. Right?"

Miranda: Miranda felt her ass thump against the stage, but was beyond caring. "Yeah, okay, not good," she muttered. "Way, way not so fucking good."

Amara: Amara gave a last worried look to the stage and stood up, "I don't like this... there are too many people.... We need to calm people down or it's going to get out of hand...."

Rogue: "No, ya should stay put," she told Mayhem. Rogue took a breath and stood up, making her way out to the aisle. Please don't let anyone touch her face. Please, please, please.

Graydon: A deep frown crept on Graydon's features as he listened to those around him, talking all at once. Most insisted that it was necessary to do something. "Go and help Craig get her out of here." He said, pointing at Miri. "Can't you see this is getting worse." He listened again. "What? I can't leave now."

Jason: "Even if he wanted to fix it he's already raised the rabble." Crap. Miranda. Well, it was incredibly stupid of her to have gone up there.

Mayhem: Mayhem stood, and people backed away from him as he picked up his hat and put it on, ears still flat against his head. Oh, this sucked, so much. His claws were out from the tension and his entire body was shaking from the instinct to run. He shoved his hands in his pockets before anyone noticed the claws.

Hepzibah: Hepzibah put her hand out and took Mayhem by the arm. "It's all right. Rogue will get her. You and me need to worry about our own collective tails." They were the two obvious mutants were easy targets.

Amara: Amara chewed her lip, trying to calm herself down. It'd be really bad if she got too stressed out. She took a few deep breaths.

Rogue: Rogue pushed her way through the people, jaw clenched and breath held as she did so, still praying for no one to touch her. "Miranda," she called. "Can ya hear me, hun?"

Mayhem: Mayhem swallowed hard. It was like his grandad only hundreds of times worse. "I don't wanna go anywhere until I know Rogue and that's safe though." He muttered.

Graydon: Talking near the microphone caused a loud feedback to run through the speakers. Graydon blocked the mic with his hand. "We can't just pack up and go at this point." He insisted, but the others wouldn't stop talking. It became apparent that a lot of the old club member weren't happy with his speech, as well.

Miranda: Another club member she didn't recognize was headed her way and Miranda scrambled to her feet, backing up and jumping when she bumped into a solid body. "Oh! Rogue!" Her eyes widened. "You have to... shit. We should go. Yeah? Like, now."

Jason: "Maybe it will be a good thing if the two of you didn't exactly look like yourselves?" Jason looked out at the crowd...no, they were drawing way too much attention to suddenly turn into very human looking students. He'd have to add another distraction to that.

Hepzibah: "Rogue's tougher than she looks, Mayhem...but don't tell her I said that." She patted his arm as her own tail was swishing. "Jason, I would love you forever if you could help us out here." She looked at him gratefully.

Mayhem: "Um, maybe?" Mayhem didn't know how the hell the other boy would do that but anything to stop the stares being tossed in their direction. He backed up a nervous step, ready to turn tail and run. His eyes were nearly black, his pupils were so wide.

Rogue: Rogue gripped Miranda's arms to hold her steady. "Yeah. We need ta go. Now. C'mon." Rogue grabbed her hand and made her way back through the angry crowd.

Graydon: "Would you please let me go?" Graydon more or less demanded, about to turn back to the mic. Almost half of the room was on their feet by now. Original members of the club who hadn't been briefed on his speech for that day had taken to the stage, as well. One walked up to Graydon and started dragging on his arm before he could go on.

Amara: "I don't feel good...." Amara muttered, "I think we should move.... or at least clear a space around me...." She ran a hand through her hair. "I need some air....."

Jason: "General bribery is fine. Though the offer is appreciated." Jason put the illusion up. "Just don't brush against anyone. Don't think I could catch all of that to illusion away."

Teagan: Teagan wandered in and searched the crowd for Amara. Finding her, she touched her by the elbow. "What the hell is going on?" She gave Amara a once over. "Omigod, Hun, are you okay?"

Miranda: "I-I I'm sorry, I didn't know he was going to do this. I know... I mean, I remember from before, I know you don't like me, but I didn't know he was going to do this, I swear." Miranda babbled, her hand trapped by Rogue's as she twisted to look back up at Graydon.

Amara: Amara jumped, "Shit! Tea! Don't do that!" She looked around anxiously, good. No one was burned, "This is really bad!" She clung to Teagan, "I'm so glad you're here."

Graydon: One of his friends pushed the other club member away, freeing Graydon. "Maybe you're right and we should postpone the rest of the address." He said, taking a look back at the audience. This time, he allowed his friends to lead him off stage, past the other, more upset club members.

Teagan: "I was told to be here, I got here when I could... I... I thought this was a rally for mutant support. What's with the looks?"

Amara: "Graydon said something about 'outside influences'. No one's happy." Amara chewed her lip, "He basically said that maybe the government had a good point."

Miranda: The crowd was revolting, fights errupting everywhere she looked. Even Graydon was leaving, she noticed, as police sirens started to wail at a distance.

Rogue: Rogue gave her a gentle tug, "C'mon, we gotta keep movin'. Ah like ya fine, hun. It's ya morals Ah have a problem with." She bumped into a few people and mumbled an apology to them. "Crap. We gotta leave."

Teagan: "What?!" She turned and stared at him walking off stage. "That little weasel!" She looked at Rogue moving quickly through the crowd. Part of Teagan wanted to stay... but Amara...

Teagan: "We should follow the lead and head out I think..." She said, sad to lose the chance to beat some sense into ignorant people.

Hepzibah: "I'll buy you a new laser pointer." Hepz agreed, trying not to feed on Mayhem's anxiety. She looked down at her illusioned body and gave him a nod. "Much appreciated."

Jason: "Shit the po-po's probably here with riot gear." That was just going to make getting to the others or getting out harder. "Okay, ignore what I said about not touching anyone. I think we might need to part the seas a bit to actually get together."

Mayhem: Mayhem backed up again as the glares seemed to stop, trying to push down the terrified growl. "C-can we go now? Please?"

Amara: Amara nodded at Teagan, "Please, lets.... There are so many people..." She was starting to feel faint.

Miranda: "My..." Miranda gave Rogue a bewildered look at the tug and comment, but kept following the other girl. She screamed and cringed as a punch flew by her head.

Teagan: Teagan supported her and kept them at equal pace as she closed in on the quickly walkin Miranda and Rogue. She saw the punch and sighed. "Stay under my arm."

Rogue: "Shit!" Rogue released Miranda's hand and put her arms around her shoulders instead, keeping her close to her side. She ducked her head a little over the girl to try and keep her protected.

Amara: Amara clung to Teagan and followed her closely. Out. Out. Need to get out. Now. "Teagan, I don't think I like these rallies anymore...."

Hepzibah: Hepzibah nodded her agreement, the sirens were so close they hurt her ears. "Come on, we're outta here." She tugged at other feral and headed towards the door.

Teagan: "I'm going to have to agree with you..." She watched someone spit on the floor of the feet. "Stay calm... If they go at us, let 'em try and take me, break for Rogue." She watched the crowd murmur to themselves and point to them, the rumblings slowly getting louder.

Mayhem: Mayhem skittered back as a punch was thrown in his general direction - probably not meant for him, fights were breaking out everywhere - and nearly stumbled over a chair. "Fuck this." He immediately clung to Hepz and followed her out, other hand planted firmly on his hat to keep it on.

Amara: Amara could feel her temperature rising but she could hear a rushing sound in her ears which wasn't normal. She stumbled and had to loosen her grip on Teagan to steady herself.

Miranda: The police sirens were louder now and she couldn't help but remember the last Friends of Humanity meeting. She just wanted out now.

Teagan: Suddenly a shoe was thrown into the air, and though it may not have been aimed for anyone in particular, it connected with her head. "Really? A shoe?" She picked it up and pelted it back into the crowd.

Jason: Staying behind the ferals seemed like a good idea, to keep the illusion out and the benefit of possible needed protection was definitely enough to keep Jason moving.

Rogue: Rogue ducked them under another punch and picked Miranda up by the waist, starting to fly just barely off the floor. The door was so close!

Mayhem: The sirens were starting to hurt. Mayhem sped up as the sounds of a proper riot got fully underway behind them. He saw the door and ran for it, barrelling into it and ripping the door out of the frame. Screw trying to be nice, he wanted out.

Miranda: Miranda screeched and squeezed her eyes closed. OhmyfuckinggodImnotonthefloor!

Teagan: "Rogue!" Teagan shouted, able to see her now. It was almost a straight shot. She hoisted Amara into her arms and began to pick up her speed.

Amara: Amara stumbled again, "Teagan... Can't see properly..." little lights danced before her eyes, "Are we nearly out...?"

Rogue: Rogue swiveled her head around again at her name and ran right into a fist. She squeezed her eyes tight and shook her head a bit to clear it. Damnit.

Hepzibah: "Wow." In the midst of the insanity, Hepzibah stared at the door Mayhem had just barreled through. I have to remember to thank Hector for knocking me out...probably saved my life... Shaking her head, she shoved ahead, clawing here and there when she needed to make an opening in the crowd.

Teagan: "Almost, stay tight." She put Amara's head down below the swipes. They were now aiming for them directly. "Rogue Amara's having some trouble here!" The crowd began to close in now, as they approached the door.

Rogue: Rogue made it to the door and put Miranda down, "Get out, go hide. Somethin'." She pushed and shoved her way back to Moon. "Give her ta me.. C'mon, 'Mara. It's alright gal."

Mayhem: Mayhem looked back for the others, panting slightly, before whimpering and turning back to them, bodily picking people up and moving them. "Sorry, sorry, pregnant lady coming through, get outta the fucking way, sorry- c'mon already!"

Teagan: Teagan sighed, and handed her over. Then she extended her foot and tripped an oncoming instigator. "You didn't see that." She told Rogue. She waved to Mayhem. "Yooo hoo!"

Amara: Amara felt her legs give way but Rogue arrived just in time, "In hind sight I think coming here pregnant was probably a bad idea..." she mumbled. She put her hand to her forehead, "Am I warm? I can't tell..."

Rogue: "Don't know hun. Cain't touch ya." She gave her a soft smile as she picked her up in a cradle carry. "C'mon. Let's get ya outta here, yeah?" She gave Teagan a grin and made her way to the door again, being more careful with Amara than she had been with Miranda. Sick pregnant woman was a bit more of a precious cargo.

Hepzibah: "Jason, you still back there?!" Hepz screamed above the crowd. She didn't dare take her attention off the mob. It didn't seem to matter that she looked human. Hell, it seemed as if this whole place was tearing itself apart. She swiped an oncoming attacker, just enough to make him change his mind.

Jason: The drawback of following the ferals though was that people didn't take kindly to being clawed. It made them really quite irritated and prone to striking out. Well, it wasn't like any of those hits could stand up to Monet's though. "Oh yeah, still back here."

Miranda: Miranda gasped and regained her footing, spinning in place and then reorienting to get out of Dodge as fast as her shoeless feet would carry her. How dare he do this!

Amara: "If you can't feel it on your face, we're okay." She smiled weakly, "You'd know if I was going to go off. Believe me."

Mayhem: "You think?" Mayhem caught Amara's words before he caught a punch to the face - right in the eye. He yelped, turning blindly and high-tailing it back to the door.

Rogue: "Still doin' alright then. But if ya do go off, not like it matters with me, hmm?" She gave her a reassuring smile and kept towards the door.

Teagan: "Hey!" Teagan kicked the punch-thrower in the shin. "Jerk!" She took up the rear behind Jason. "Can't you make them see a rampaging elephant or something?"

Amara: Amara nodded, "Yes. It's nice to not incinerate people." She was starting to feel a little better now that she wasn't expending energy running. When she got outside into the fresh air it'd really be a relief.

Jason: "That wouldn't be conspicuous at all. That'll just make them panic more."

Mayhem: "Ow ow ow ow." Mayhem whimpered, bringing up the rear, the right side of his face throbbing. "Can we just-move it along a little faster?"

Rogue: "Kinda hard ta do with people in tha way, hun."

Miranda: Miranda stopped and turned. Where were the others? Rogue had left her alone, and while people were just streaming past her now, she wondered if they were still inside the auditorium.

Hepzibah: Hepz made it to the doorway. "I'm all for that, Mayhem" she agreed, knowing the police would be on them any second. Now all they needed was an exploding boy and it would be just like old times.

Mayhem: Mayhem concentrated on just running from there, already panting. The sooner they got out of here the better.

Moonbeam: Teagan made a head count, avoiding some kicks and jeers, and looked back. "We missing anyone??" She asked with a confused expression on her face.

Rogue: Rogue made it to the doors and pushed past a couple more people in order to get outside. She took a breath and smiled down at Amara, "Ya holdin' up alright?"

Jason: "Don't believe so." Jason looked around, sliding out after Hepzibah. "I say we need to make a more complete exit."

Amara: AIR!! Glorious Air!!! She nodded, "Thanks for the lift." She smiled at Rogue.

Miranda: She hopped in place and thought she saw heads she recognized. Thank GOD she wouldn't have to go back in for them then. She turned again and headed for the large school van, praying it was unlocked. "Thank GOD!!!!" She repeated when the door opened.

Mayhem: "No, we're not, my face is hurting and I wanna go home." Mayhem whimpered, quickly moving to the other cat's side. She was obviously the safest to be around right now.

Moonbeam: Teagan came up to Amara and gave her a hug. "You're okay." She said, reassuring herself more than 'Mara. Then she turned to Rogue and embraced her as well. "Thanks. I gotta learn to use my strength like you do."

Jason: Jason quickly followed Miranda towards the van, hurriedly pulling the keys out as he ran for it, jumping in the driver's seat.

Hepzibah: Hepz took a deep breath of air, trying to calm herself. "It's all right." She patted Mayhem's arm, since she couldn't possibly reach his shoulder. "Let's just get to the van."

Amara: Amara smiled at Teagan, "I'm fine, I just don't cope well in confined spaces... suppose I should have mentioned that sooner." She headed for the van.

Moonbeam: Teagan followed closely, wishing again to stay a little longer and knock some heads. However, now was not the time.

Mayhem: Mayhem nodded, hurrying over to it and pulling open a door, ducking into a seat. He promptly curled a leg under him and whimpered, a reddish mark on his face promising to be a beautiful black eye later.

Rogue: Rogue hugged back then ran for the van. She ducked inside and took a seat, letting out a breath and slouching a bit when she got buckled. She looked over at Mayhem when he whimpered and frowned, "Dang, hun. Well, guessin' ya gonna find out if ya heal..."

Miranda: Miranda again found herself on the floor behind the driver's seat, knees pulled up under her chin. "This is becoming a really disturbing trend!"

Amara: Amara slid into the van, and sighed with relief, feeling safe again.

Jason: "It really is, everybody in?" Jason started up the van, looking around at people in the lot and police.

Hepzibah: Following closely behind, Hepz crouched into a seat. "At least we don't have to worry about Wade stopping off for a milkshake this go round, Miri."

Moonbeam: Teagan leapt in and pulled the door shut. "In!"

Mayhem: "I've had worse." Came Mayhem's reply to that as he touched the sore area and winced. "Don't heal from that quicker'n normal." He wrapped his hands around his tail, running the tuft through his fingers. Now he was out of the scents, he was calming down easier.

Amara: "I wouldn't mind a milkshake stop...." Amara said hopefully, "I'm kind of hungry now..."

Miranda: "Oh my God! No! Jason, if you stop for a milkshake I am so gonna kill you!' Her laughter held an edge of hysteria.

Hepzibah: "You'll have to wait in line." Hepz's laugh was as panicked as Miranda's. "Amara, that's not funny."

Jason: "Hell, only stop besides the school I'm tempted to make is maybe the liqour store." Everyone was in, that meant it was time to get the hell out of here. Jason peeled out. Hey, at least with the cops all busy he could speed all he wanted.

Moonbeam: Teagan shrugged. "Pregnant girl's gotta eat man. Craving's a craving."

Amara: "... I wasn't joking...." Amara muttered, settling her head onto Teagan's shoulder.

Mayhem: Mayhem didn't say anything, pulling his legs up under his chin to give his tail room and staring out of the window. Suddenly Devon seemed a very, very long way away.

Miranda: "Okay, that? I'd be up for!" Miranda let her forehead fall against her knees, wrapping her arms more securely around herself.

Amara: Amara pouted, "I'm so jealous of all of you right now." She sighed, "I could murder a drink."

Moonbeam: Teagan rolled her eyes at the mention of alcohol. "I'm starting to wonder if Xavier's dream might be a little askew these days."

Mayhem: "I need some Scrumpy."

Hepzibah: "Everything is askew now." Hepz growled, rubbing her eyes. "I'm all for a drink, but can it wait till we're home?"

Mayhem: "Can't get no Scrumpy outside of Devon." Mayhem muttered.

Miranda: "What the fuck is scrumpy?" Miranda's nose wrinkled.

Jason: "What the fuck is Scrumpy?" Jason made a face as he got on the main road, the other cars going much slower than was to his liking.

Mayhem: "Scrumpy Jack cider." Mayhem blinked, green eyes nearly back to normal. "Best and strongest cider known to man!"

Amara: "Cider." Amara told Jason, swallowing, "Please no further explanation."

Moonbeam: "Sounds like what you name an old mans wrinkled up pug." Teagan said flatly, holding onto Amara tightly. "So, is it true? Graydon really just went jerk ass on us and instigated this whole thing?"

Jason: "Things are sort of looking that way, yes." Move, fucking Volvo!

Miranda: Miranda sighed. "I..." She couldn't really offer any more of a defense.

Amara: Amara snuggled up to Teagan, "What a bastard." she muttered, "Though I still think he was trying to fix it when it all went to hell..."

Mayhem: Mayhem shrugged a little and settled for staring out of the window again. Damnit. Changes indeed. He sniffled slightly and quickly nuzzled his knees before anyone noticed, head settling to a dull ache.

Hepzibah: "Why??" Hepzibah asked. "I mean, did he ever even get around to saying why??"

Moonbeam: "You know... some people..." She bit her lip and cringed at the thought of what she would do if she got her hands on 'some people'.

Amara: "I don't think so.... I think he was trying to when everyone started shouting...." Amara tried to seperate the events in her mind, "I'm not sure now...."

Mayhem: "Said someone was controlling them. Or something."

Moonbeam: Hitting the button on her belt, she leaned in and kissed Amara on the forehead. "Well, best thing we can do for now is forget him."

Jason: "He thought that." Jason glared daggers at the car in front of him as it was content to dog along at a crawl.

Miranda: "It's my fault," she said quietly.

Hepzibah: "It's wh-" Hepz turned and stared at Miranda. "How do you mean, it's your fault?"

Mayhem: One of Mayhem's ears swivelled to Miri and he looked over to her. How?"

Amara: Amara smiled up at Teagan, "How can it be your fault?" she asked Miranda, still looking at Teagan.

Moonbeam: Teagan also shot Miri a look. "You know... Selene was telling me you could be trusted. She wouldn't really tell me why, but she just kept saying to trust you."

Miranda: She hadn't really expected it to be heard, but... cat ears, right? "Um..." She bit her lip, letting her legs slide down. She shot a glare at Teagan. "I'm a mutant too."

Amara: Amara lifted her head to stare at Miranda.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow at Miranda, "So then y'all were tha ones bein' tha influence then?"

Mayhem: "Well, I figured that, 'cause you're with us....or....have I missed summat again...?"

Moonbeam: "Wait-wait... You're a mutant? What's your ability, to be sexy?!" Probably shouldn't have said that one out loud you dingus.

Miranda: "He thinks I did..." she wasn't really looking up at the others, picking at a new rip in her sateen slacks. "I didn't know I was a mutant. I still don't know what I do... I mean, I had your doctor redo my test-" She cut off to look up at Teagan, blushing deeply.

Amara: Amara looked at Teagan, an eyebrow going up, she turned to Miranda again, "While I agree with Tea on the sexy area... how can you be influencing someone in bias without knowing you're a mutant?"

Mayhem: Mayhem figured his safest bet was to stay quiet. He'd obviously dropped into the middle of a lot of somethings here.

Moonbeam: "How can you not know you're a mutant when you stay at their school? Or even visit them and hang out with them all day! Or the other stuff you do!" You know what I mean! She thought to herself.

Hepzibah: "Not all of us wear our mutations on our sleeves, Moon." Hepz stared up at the ceiling. "So, what now?"

Miranda: Miranda huffed. "I don't look like a mutant! I mean, do I?" She shifted her weight. "How would I know? I gave blood. It was for a Friends of Humanity fundraiser! They just, like, sent me a letter that said I was! I don't have any powers! I can't, like, read minds, or blow things up, or anything!"

Jason: "Now that's a shitty way to find out about it. Heh, remember running into you before you went to the blood drive too." Staying with the conversation sort of helped on the roadrage issues that were wanting to boil over.

Moonbeam: "No healing? No microwaves turning on as you pass? No people acting funny when you think about how much you hate them? None of it?"

Amara: Amara frowned, "Maybe you should get Tess to look at you?" Although the poor girl was a new mum, but how else was she suppsoed to find out.

Mayhem: Mayhem listened to the others. He'd been born the way he was. What was it like, to wake up one dayto be told 'By the way, you're a mutant!'? He tugged on a dread. Probably harder.

Miranda: She pressed her back further into Jason's seat. She remembered that day too. "Yeah, I guess."

Rogue: "Well... Even though ya don't know what ya do, ya one of us now. Welcome ta tha club," her tone was very bittersweet at that.

Moonbeam: Teagan crossed her arms. "Sort of a shame though huh? That we've become a club. We try to create unification with the Friends... and we get even more segregation." She sighed. "This sucks."

Mayhem: "Hey, does that mean I am now, too?" Mayhem smiled and then winced when it pulled at the bruise.

Rogue: "What? In tha club?"

Jason: "Yeah, quite the introduc-mother fucker!" Jason swore more, glaring at the car that cut him off and delivering a collection of threats to the little old grandmother driving it.

Miranda: "Yeah," she said in response to Teagan.

Amara: Amara smiled over at Mayhem, "Yep." She sat up a little to brush a kiss on Teagan's cheek, "It's not all bad."
Mayhem: "Yeah." He sighed. "Survived my first riot. Go me."

Rogue: Rogue grinned and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "There'll be more."

Hepzibah: "It's an 'us' versus 'them' world. Welcome to the us's." Hepz sighed and leaned back to stare up at the upholstered roof. "Might want to get used to 'em." she agreed with Rogue.

Moonbeam: "At least we got each other?" Teagan offered as an after thought as she welcomed Amara's peck with a full embrace.

Mayhem: "Don' wanna get used to them." Mayhem fluffed the tuft of his tail sulkily. "Wanna be left in peace."

Rogue: Rogue looked at the tuft of his tail and held her hand out for it, "Can Ah?"

Mayhem: Mayhem blinked at Rogue, then at his tuft, then looked at her strangely. "Why?"

Hepzibah: "Then you should have been born human, Mayhem." Hepz whispered quietly.

Mayhem: Mayhem looked down as he caught Hepzibah's words, probbaly the only one who did, before shrugging them off.

Rogue: "'Cause Ah like pettin' tufts," she admitted. "Calms me down. One o' mah best friends had one Ah played with all tha time."

Mayhem: "Um...." He shrugged, holding it out to her. "Just no pulling. Lived in a house of cats."

Amara: Amara snuggled closer to Teagan, "I like the company we have. Humans would spoil it." She stated.

Rogue: Rogue grinned and took his tail in her hand, running her fingers through the fur on the tuft. "Won't. Thanks." She sighed, "This is our life y'all... Whether we like it'r not."

Moonbeam: "But we have the power to change it." She reminded Rogue. "And we can't let this nonsense happen again. Next rally, if there ever is one, we run it. Us." She looked to Miri. "The mutants."

Mayhem: Mayhem held up a hand. "Don't ask me to. I can't organise a piss-up in a brewery."

Amara: "If there's another one," Amara said sleepily, curling up in her seat, "I'm not coming."

Miranda: Miranda gave Teagan a weak smile, then snorted at the tall guy's response. She let her head fall back against her knees and closed her eyes.

Jason: "Yeah, I don't think I'll be going to that. Don't particularly want to gather in one place and let others know so it'll be easier to try to kill us." Jason sighed after screaming a bit more at the car before taking their exit towards the school.

Moonbeam: "I'm surprised he doesn't make them think he's an ambulance so they just move over and let us by?" She whispered to Miri and Amara with a smirk.

Hepzibah: "I'm with you, two." Hepz agreed with Amara and Jason, still staring up at the ceiling. "I am never, never going to another on of those fucking things ever again."

Rogue: "Ah dunno... Ah might go an' sit in tha back o' tha next one just ta see what's goin' on..." She kept her eyes on the tuft, "Maybe."

Jason: "I won't say I've not done that before." Jason admitted.

Amara: Amara giggled, "While speed would be welcome, I'd rather not see the inside of an ambulance before I need to."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

4/8 game: A Change of Plans

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Jeez. Reading what I missed now, and holy cow.

Well things are about to change....
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS