Read our full Game transcripts here!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

9/5 Game: On Sinning

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

5 Saturday, August 20

Remy: He leaned back on the bar, meeting the bartenders gaze for a moment, knowing that he was familiar with what he liked. For now, it seemed like all the women had gone underground - the welcome back party more resembled a stag night than anything else.

Jason: "I like any kind of welcome back that involves gin, you know?" Jason commented, lazily watching said drink swirl in his glass. "Not that I actually left but still."

SinJin: Ginny grumbled about not being able to take his camera in. He knocked back a drink and muttered something rude under his breath. But he smiled brilliantly Jason. "Agreed."

Pietro: "Not really a welcome back for me... more just a 'welcome'." Pietro peered into his glass. He was sure he couldn't have drank it all already.

Andreas: Andreas entered the room, stylishly late and in a fine thread, nonchalantly removing non-existant dust from his sleeve. Then he rose his head and overlooked the crowd.

Jason: "I think it must be the sentiments that count. Though, again, I prefer the gin."

Wade: Wade in his dashing black and white penguin suit, also known as a tuxedo, leaned with one arm on the counter and said with a heavy scottich accent, "Vodka Martini, shaken, not stirred, with little pink umbrella in it."

Pietro: Pietro chuckled at Jason's comment and requested another drink while blinking somewhat bemusedly at Wade.

Remy: "Well, gin does cover many things." He snorted at Wade's behaviour. "An' at least dere ain't any lampshades nearby. More classy dis way, non?"

Jason: "If he manages to find a lampshade then I'll just bask in the fact that technically he's not by guest." Jason didn't put it passed Wade to do just that. "Though, in a pinch I'm sure he could make do with a collection of umbrellas."

Andreas: Would it have killed them to get an anouncer? Oh well... He walked over to the bar. "Salutations, fellow worshippers of Bacchus!"

SinJin: "Hey, man."

Remy: "Don' be givin' him any ideas." Shaking his head he glanced between Jason and Ginny. "So, what did y' do dis summer? Get t' spend any time together?"

Pietro: Pietro blinked at the new arrival then frowned, "Do I want to ask what he'd do with a collection of umbreallas?"

Wade: "Thank you my good man," Wade said, taking his drink and flicking the umbrellah away before downing the whole glass, "Ahh, Andreas von Strucker, we meet again, when was it last, helsinki? You were about to blow up the world's largest nut collection.* " *See Issue #142 "What have you been up to?"

SinJin: "A little bit. I was busy with my article. But we managed to be geeks. You?"

Andreas: "Trying to find my nuts again, I suppose?," he answered with a half-smile and ordered a glass of Bailey's just by pointing at the bottle.

Jason: "Something you would never imagine a collection of tiny umbrellas would be able to do." Jason supplied. "Oh yes, you had ot hide away if you were going to stay here. If we do another children's camp I think that I should start saving up now in order to get away."

SinJin: "Lucked out and got out at dawn before the little ankle-biters could wake up. Too bad Lorna and Bobby weren't so lucky."

Remy: "Mainly a lotta work. Had good company wit' Scotty an' Heppie bein' dere d' whole time though."

SinJin: "That's nice. How's Johnny?"

Selene: Selene strolled in through one of the doors in the back, her gaze casually taking in the other guests. She didn't stop before heading out on her way to the bar. Astoundingly, she didn't seem to have much of a problem with walking, while at the same time keeping her rather complicated hairdo in a stable shape.

Pietro: "I've been lucky enough not to get babysitting duties." Pietro told Jason, "Though I think I could and would have run away if I did."

Selene: The feathers adorning her head almost looked like a black bird had decided to crawl into her hair while searching for a good place to die. "Good evening," she greeted the others, and leaned on the bar.

Remy: "He's good. Into everythin'. Didn' need t' help wit' d' others...got my hands full jus' wit' him." He caught a glance at Selene out of the corner of his eye and coughed the sip of whisky out.

Andreas: "I am just glad that I weaseled my way out of the babysitting thing." He downed the glass in one go and signaled a refill to the barkeeper.

SinJin: "What the hell. She's an odd duck."

Pietro: Pietro openly stared at the.... thing on Selene's head. The raised his glass to her and took a sip.

Jason: "Hello, Selene. I see your mating plumage is in full pluck."

SinJin: He snorted into his hand. "Hi, Selene."

Andreas: "Are you sure it's that? I figured a duck crashed and burned on her head." He titled his head a bit, observing the atrocity.

Jason: "I like to think she attacked a chicken and won."

Pietro: "I think it looks... interesting." Pietro said diplomatically, "Certainly draws attention."

Selene: "It's not a duck," Selene stated seriously, glancing upwards in an attempt to see her own hair. "It might have been a vulture at some point in its life, if I weren't sure that it was artificial." She smiled wryly. "But I'm pleasantly surprised you noticed my new hairstyle. So many people are oblivious to hair, you know?"

Remy: "Y' look splendid petite. Unique." He bowed very slightly. "Not many could pull dat off an' look sincere about it."

Jason: "Truly takes...chutzpah."

Selene: "Looking sincere in anything imaginable is a skill I worked hard and long for," Selene replied, nodding slowly.

Pietro: "Well it seems you've mastered it." Pietro told her.

Remy: His gaze flitted over to the new kid. "So where y' from?"

Wade: It took some time for Wade to finally pull his gaze from Selene's hair, albeit he was sure it moved and if he didn't keep an eye on it, it would move again on its own accord. "Barman, I shall need you undivided attention. Make me a Hiroshima Bomber."

Selene: "Why thank you," Selene said, slightly smiling, before she turned to the bartender, who didn't seem to notice her unusual look at all.

Pietro: Pietro looked at Remy, "Er... depends? You mean recently or altogether? - I've moved around a lot, hence the lack of any discernable accent."

Remy: "Well...I guess where y' were last. Though if y' wanna name where y' were born or where y' liked it d' best...be my guest."

Jason: "I'm sure he's not looking for an essay answer on the subject." Aw, the gin was gone now. Jason put is glass down for it to be refilled.

Pietro: "I liked it best in New York." Pietro told Remy, "First place all of my own... but now that's gone." He frowned and waved the barman for another drink.

Andreas: Andy leaned over to Jason and asked him with a whisper: "Is a Hiroshima Bomber a real drink, or is he just crazy as always?"

Remy: "Y're close enough t' here dat it doesn't make much of a difference den." He sipped the bourbon. "So, what brings y' here now den?"

Selene: "No worries," Selene tossed in, taking a break from discussing the ingredients of her drink with the bartender, "I generally don't keep track where I've all come from, either. 'Here and there' is usually a perfect answer to questions like this."

Jason: "Both. One is most certainly not excuding the other."
Andreas: "That's true." He leaned back again and toasted towards Wade.

Rogue: Rogue stepped in the doors and looked around, smoothing out her dress. She felt a little awkward coming by herself, especially since she'd never been here, but Sam's boss had needed him back at work and she wasn't going to miss out on the welcome back party for that.

Pietro: "Aparently I can run stupidly fast." Pietro told Remy, "I saved one of the other students from being hit by a truck - Rachel.... Anyway, the upshot of it is, it's here or nowhere because my company doesn't want me anymore which means no job."

Wade: Wade toasted back with his drink and downed it with a squint.

Remy: "I see. Well, always good t' get an education, such as it is. Different from Harvard, for sure." He chuckled.

Jason: "What was the company?" Jason asked, a tiny bit curious.

SinJin: He sat up straight suddenly. Was that...Shaw? He scowled. That bastard had cost him Lizzie. "Mates, I gotta bail. See if I can't get my camera back or something." He slipped off the stool and made for the door in a roundabout way.

Shaw: Sebastian picked up a drink on his way into the main lounge, pleased the Club was so full tonight -- both with regular patrons and the students from Xavier's.

Pietro: Pietro grinned, "Yeah... much nicer than private tutoring too." He sipped his third drink and looked over at Jason, "I worked for a small lawyers office in the city."

Selene: "Oh yes," Selene turned and nodded at the others, "we can certainly teach you many interesting things you wouldn't learn there." She finally finished settling on a drink, so the bartender turned away to mix it for her.

Wade: Putting the glass hard on the barcounter Wade was already formulating the next decision for a drink. "I need a Bloody Brain. Gimme your best shot."

Rogue: Rogue sidestepped a few people she didn't know and started looking for someone she did know so she wouldn't feel so out of place.

Remy: Private tutoring? Seemed this one was some silver spooned kid. "I'm sure dat it is." He caught Rogue's eye and smiled at her. "Cherie. Y're lookin' nice."

Rogue: Rogue let out a breath, relieved at finally finding someone. "Hey, sugah!" She went over to where he was and gave him a smile, "Thanks. Ah don't look too outta place? Ah just picked tha nicest dress Ah had... Not workin' all summer kinda makes it hard ta go shoppin' f' somethin' real expensive."

Wade: "Oui!" Wade said when he turned around to look at Rogue, and with a french accent that would make Pepé Le Pew's ears bleed, he added, "So irrisistable."

Rogue: Rogue flushed a bit at that and gave Wade a grin, "How ya been, darlin'? Good summer?"

Andreas: "You like the crazy drinks, don't you Wade?" He came closer to his fellow student, a wicked grin on his lips. "Could I interest you for a dirty diaper?"

Selene: "A crowbar would help you to achieve that much faster than any kind of drink," Selene told Wade, holding up a finger.

Wade: "Oui," Wade answered both Rogue and Andreas.

Remy: Rolling his eyes good naturedly at Wade he shook his head. "Non, it's jus' fine. An' unlike many of d' ladies dat frequent here, y' can't see y're belly button. So I'd say y're doin' jus' fine."

Rogue: She grinned and wiggled her fingers, "But ya can see mah hands. F' me, that's practically scandalous."

Jason: "If anyone ever orders a crowbar from you Selene, let me know. I'd like to see that."

Remy: "Oui. So be careful no one molests dem." He tucked her hand in his arm. "How's dat cure thing goin' for y'?"

Buckman: Edward Buckman made his way carefully through the crowd, taking great pleasure in the surprise on some very familiar faces. He noticed a pack of younger 'members' that would be hard to miss on a normal night and decided to be social.

Pietro: Pietro chuckled lightly at Jason's comment and turned back to the bar to see what else was on offer.

Andreas: "A Dirty Diaper please," he ordered...and wondered whether Wade would like the mayonaise...

Jason: "Yes, molestation would carry more than the usual judicial decision." Jason leaned against the bar, picking up the refilled drink behind him.

Rogue: Rogue blushed and brought her free hand up to touch his hand, "Workin' just fine. Ain't had any problems." She wrinkled her nose at Jason, but laughed all the same, "Yeah, ain't smart ta try an' molest a gal like me. Could get ya singin' soprano f' tha rest o' ya life."

Buckman: Jean Luc's son was certainly easy enough to recognize. "Well, hello, Mr. LeBeau." He intruded into their group with a smooth smile. "I haven't seen your father in an age. How is he doing?"

Selene: "I shall keep that in mind," Selene told Jason as she took her drink from the bartender. The liquid inside the glass looking greenish and milky and kinda sickly. "Thank you," she said, before turning back to the others. "And the best thing is, I brain people free of charge."

Wade: "Well?" Wade asked Andreas, "Aren't you having one as well?" when the bartender finished with the interesting drink.

Selene: Selene tilted her head as she noticed the newcomer to their small group, eying him while she took a sip of her drink.

Remy: "Very well, merci." He let his face fall into his professional look, holding his hand out and shaking it. "An' y'reself? How's business?"

Rogue: Rogue turned to the man speaking to Remy and tried not to look too confused. Who was that?

Andreas: "No, thanks Wade. I'll stay with Mister Bailey's tonight, I think. It's basically chocolate milk with alcohol, how could I go wrong?"

Jason: Jason managed to avoid confusion but did look at Buckman slightly curiously.

Pietro: Pietro gave up trying to pick a different drink and just ordered another whiskey.

Buckman: "Business is excellent, thank you." He took the boy's hand in a firm grip. "But how rude of me - Edward Buckman." He turned the smile on the others. "I hope you all are enjoying your visit?"

Rogue: Rogue gave him a grin and held out her hand, "Rogue. Pleasure ta meet ya. Right fine place here."

Jason: "Ah, pleasure, and always." Jason raised the glass in greeting, albeit secretly mocked, remembering Shaw speaking of this certain person.

Wade: Wade held on to the Dirty Diaper and smirked, "Aww, you sure you don't want a funny named drink? Pink Pussycat? Gates of Hell? Electric Smurf? Rusty Nail? Dead Nazi?" he asked Andreas.

Pietro: "I'm enjoying it just fine. Good whiskey." Pietro held up his drink to the man, "Pietro Maximoff." He introduced himself.

Andreas: "What...is a Dead Nazi?"

Buckman: "Yes, isn't it?" He kissed the back of the girl's hand, noticing one of the other young men's expressions had soured slightly at his name. He gave him a smile.

Rogue: Rogue's grin got a little bigger at the kiss. Just a few months ago that wouldn't have been possible. She gave him a nod as she took her hand back.

Selene: Selene didn't say anything to Buckman, simply holding up a hand to casually wave her fingers at him instead, before she focused on her green beverage once more.

Wade: "Ah, there we go," Wade looked to the bartender, "My german friend here wants to put his lips to a Dead Nazi. Help him out." Whereas the bartender didn't even bat an eye and made the green peppermint drink.

Jason: Jason just smiled back and took a drink, sure that Shaw would be interested in seeing such a dear friend back in their midst.

Remy: "What brings y' here tonight, Edward?" He downed the last of his drink and sat it to the side.

Andreas: He gave the bartender an observing eye in case he would put anything funny into this...an used condom or somesuch. The other eye tried to find out why the newcomer seemed to raise tension.

Buckman: "A true pleasure to meet you all." Buckman nodded to the rest. "Oh, just paying a visit to an old friend -- and meeting some new ones." He hadn't noticed Sebastian yet, but the man had to be about and he had a few bits of business to conduct, after all.

Remy: "Well, y' have a good evenin'." He gave him a last polite incline of his head and turned back to Rogue.

Shaw: What had promised to be a pleasant night took a definite twist when Sebastian noticed a familiar face across the room.

Buckman: "Enjoy your evening, and say hello to your father for me." With a final pat on Remy's arm, he vanished into the crowd.

Rogue: Rogue wasn't sure whether or not to excuse herself while Remy talked to a man who seemed to be someone he did business with, but when Remy obviously ended the conversation she turned back to him with a frown. She watched the man walk away before saying anything though. "What was that about?"

Selene: Selene raised an eyebrow at Buckman's departure, but never took her lips from the glass in her hand.

Pietro: Pietro was more than a little curious about the story there. There was clearly some tension.

Jason: "I'm not sure it wasn't some sort of omnious threat with smiles and a drink."

Wade: Wade turned to finally look at this Buckman character, but found air. "Where's the suit? I wanted to give him a hearty hello with a dirty diaper."

Remy: He lifted a shoulder. "Jus' a buisness contact. He's in a lot of d' same things dat my father is in."

Rogue: "Oh... So why'd everybody tense up when he showed up? Seemed like a real gentleman ta me..."

Jason: "And also played a pretty pivitol funding role as far as the registration act went."

Andreas: "How curious." He took a sip of his finished drink...Interesting..."People that are in a lot of things that MY father is generally tend to vanish from the world of business rather quickly."

Rogue: "Oh..."

Pietro: Realisation dawned, "Ah..."

Selene: Selene leaned her back against the bar and took another sip of her drink, which was half empty already. "See? You meet the most interesting people here at the club indeed."

Remy: "Oui. Well, what can y' do? No point in deckin' d' man. Expecially not here."

Wade: "I wonder if I ever delivered something to him." And with a bugs bunny like charm Wade added, "I get to deliver interesting packages and meet interesting people."

Pietro: "Yeah, guess it wouldn't go down too well..." Pietro muttered into his drink.

Rogue: "No. Reckon not."

Jason: "No, decking would definitely be a bad thing, and probably play right into his favour as well."

Andreas: "We could cut the brakes of his car?"

Rogue: "Ah do know how ta do that..."

Remy: "Hmm. Maybe we could get Wade t' hit on him. Lord knows, dat should scare him shitless."

Jason: "God knows Monet didn't appreciate it."

Pietro: Pietro laughed, "Oh now there's a mental image I could have done without."

Wade: "Or we could get Wade to....oh wait that's me. Nevermind."

Selene: "I'd be all for finding out where he lives, and then spreading out some fish in the place on a regular basis, making sure the seagulls take notice," Selene said, nodding to herself.

Jason: "I am so very glad we get along, Selene."

Rogue: "So... ain't this place kinda mutant friendly? Or do they just not care one way'r another?"

Jason: "Currently very mutant friendly. He's technically speaking not welcome here."

Rogue: "So then why's he here? This is a pretty exclusive place..."

Remy: "Shaw's certainly made every attempt t' welcome us, oui? But buisness is still buisness."

Wade: "I like to think that this place is like a safe haven for mutantkind, where young people with the mutant gene can come and learn and live peacefully...no...no that's the Xavier place....where are we again?" Wade honestly asked.

Selene: "Well, even he managed to get in," Selene tossed in, thumbing in Wade's direction. "Or I, as a matter of fact."

Rogue: "Hellfire Club, darlin," she smirked at Wade.

Wade: "Doesn't look like Hell, where's all the penguins and cheese?" He turned around looking.

Andreas: "Well, they even let my brother in. Can't be too high of standards..." He toasted himself to that quip and then downed it at once. Though he probably should take it slower, he could feel the alcohol already.

Remy: "Wellll...booze an' sex. Kinda vices aren't dey? Deadly sins if y' get carried away wit' dem, accordin' t' some. Quirky name, but it's old."

Pietro: Penguins and cheese??? Pietro downed his drink, He needed to be drunker.

Wade: "Oooh, that reminds me," Wade said, quickly downing the interesting drink he already had and looking at the barman, "I'll have a penguin please."

Selene: "I always wondered why people give the most fun things in life the most negative names," Selene wondered, a frown on her face. "Like, vices." Then she nodded slowly. "Probably to keep others from drinking their booze."

Jason: Jason's attention was wandering, eyeing Shaw and Buckman as their conversation seemed to end and Buckman slowly made his way out. "Yes, I think you're onto something there, Selene."

Remy: He laughed loudly. "An' what about d' flesh? Kinda hard t' commit dat vice if y' can't get others into it."

Rogue: Rogue excused herself from the group, slipping her arm from Remy's and stepping over to the bar. She ordered and absoltini, feeling like she needed to be a bit more sophisticated than whiskey or rum tonight.

Jason: "I have to admit, gluttony has always been a favourite vice of mine. By definition it allows you to store away all sorts of other vices to feed on."

Selene: Selene frowned a bit more. "Hm, well, I didn't say my theory is flawless yet," she replied to Remy. "I'd say this warrants more field study."

Pietro: Pietro realised his mind had wandered off and he shook himself, "Sorry, what are we talking about now?"

Wade: "So that's why you're a chubby little love monkey without the illusion on, Jason." Wade remarked with the blue drink wavering at his mouth.

Remy: "Selene wants t' have sex. An'...well I think Jason jus' wants everythin'." He shrugged. "What about y'?"

Selene: "Don't forget about the booze, please," Selene reminded Remy and lifted her glass.

Pietro: "Me? I'd settle for another drink." He smiled as the barman obliged.

Wade: "Me? I want a world without hunger, a world without wars and violence. In short. I want world peace." Wade said, even giving a Miss Universe hand wave afterwards, laughing gently into oblivion.

Jason: "Oh yes, underneath this narrow frame is Jabba the Hut." Jason just shook his head. "So is it booze and sex or sex and booze? The order is very important when considering the quality, you know."

Remy: "Well it's all dependin' on d' willingness, oui? An' d' whole factor of attractiveness in relationship t' how drunk y' are."

Rogue: "Sex and booze," Rogue supplied as she made her way back over to stand next to Remy. "If ya have tha booze after, then ya gonna remember tha sex. So if it's good ya gonna remember that an' if it's bad then ya remember never ta have sex with them again."

Selene: "Interestingly, the one often leads to the other, which quite regularly leads to more of the former again," Selene mused, promptly waving at the bartender to refill her glass.

Wade: "Or go the other way around and have incridible wild sex, and not remember, so then the second time around it'll feel like the first time around." Wade slowly nodded.

Andreas: "So, basically Alzheimer's?"

Selene: "Almost sounds as if we're going to need a flipchart to make sense of this discussion," Selene remarked, frowning slightly.

Wade: "A Flaming Giraffe for this man!" Wade said pointing at Andy.

Jason: "Don't tempt me, I'd draw one up."

Rogue: "But if ya have too much o' tha booze first ya might not even get ta tha sex part... Ya could pass out'r puke. Or have someone who thinks they'd not wanna be with someone drunk. Or in a gal's case, find a gentleman who won't take advantage o' a lady not in her right mind. So Ah still stick by tha sex an' booze order."

Pietro: Pietro chuckled at Selene, then looked over at Jason, "If my brain wasn't wired to think stupidly fast I might have to request that."

Remy: "Good lord. Like we need any help. D' school's bad enough as it is." He crossed his arms over his chest.

Jason: "Wasn't Cessily going to start a course at one time? Perhaps we could write out her curriculum for her."

Selene: "Didn't you ever ask yourself why I decided to stay at the place," Selene asked Remy, smirking.

Remy: "Dieu. Like I have t'." Snorting he patted her on the hip. "Now behave chere. We're in polite company, oui?"

Rogue: "Hey, f' tha first two years Ah was there, Ah didn't get any sex, so it ain't all that bad," she grinned.

Jason: Jason was sure that it was an absolutely horrible thing that his statistics matched up with the groper of death.

Selene: "I can misbehave in a very polite manner," Selene said, still the sly smirk on her face.

Rogue: "But then... Guess it weren't f' mah lack of tryin', so then Ah fall inta tha bad part o' tha equation..."

Pietro: "Of that I have no doubt," Pietro raised his glass to Selene again, with a slight smile.

Remy: "Y've done well, Rogue, an' I'm glad y're happy. Where's y'er hay seed anyways?"

Wade: "Casual constant sex can be very ovewwated." Wade slurred a little, seeing that he already downed.....[color]Hang on, let me go through the lines and count....5[/color]...5 drinks.

Rogue: "Mah what now?" She laughed and rolled her eyes, "He's at work. His boss needed him in t'day at tha last minute."

Jason: "Sure he's not been taken by the Chidren of the Corn?"

Rogue: Rogue frowned at Jason, "He's fine."

Remy: "Heard some rumors about y' two..." He trailed off, teasing her lightly.

Andreas: "I'd make an awesome Child of Corn." Andreas nodded seriously, although a bit shking.

Jason: "I'm sure you would."

Pietro: "Maybe you ought to slow down the drinking before you become a child of the toilet bowl...."

Rogue: "Did ya?" She arched an eyebrow, "Now who'd be spreadin' rumours 'bout us?"

Remy: "it'd d' school, petite. Like dere ain't gonna be rumours."

Jason: "It's more surprising when people actually manage to keep a secret."

Rogue: "Ah ain't never known people liked ta talk 'bout me an' Sam though..." She grinned, wondering if they were true or not... "We're not real interestin' 'cept f' a couple things lately... What're they sayin'?"

Wade: "Deep deep dark secrets..." Wade mumbled and caught the bartender's attention. "Deep Dark Secret."

Andreas: "They say...they say...Sam likes to wear a collar..."

Jason: "Somehow I'm not surprised."

Rogue: She smirked at Andy and gave him a pat on the shoulder. "Y'all're dilusiounal darlin'."

Rogue: "An' highly drunk."

Remy: "Dat y're married." He gave her a full on smirk.

Rogue: Her eyes went wide and she about dropped her glass. "Married?!" Shit. Who was saying that?

Selene: "I like secrets," Selene stated, not addressing anyone in particular. She sipped some more on her drink. "I like them because they tempt you to uncover them."

Jason: "You mean we've possibly missed the opportunity to give Sam a bachelor's party that would burn his retinas and make him want to be rebaptized?"

Wade: Wade's deep dark scret got a little spilled as he drank and then pointed out, "He can' be drink. He had less to drunk than I did."

Rogue: "We ain't married," Rogue assured them all quickly, shaking her head.

Jason: "So should we be planning said bachelor's celebration then?"

Rogue: "No."

Jason: "Well you're just no fun at all."

Rogue: "We ain't gettin' married. No point in throwin' a bachelor party if he ain't gonna be a groom."

Selene: "I can perform the wedding ceremony," Selene promptly offered, looking up.

Rogue: "No."

Andreas: "I bet they...like...exchanged cockrings with the vows..."

Wade: "I'll be the limodriver, I can get one, real nice stretched job with a tv." Wade suggested.

Rogue: Rogue felt her face heat up at the mention of vows and put her drink on a nearby table, trying to think of an excuse to leave without being rude.

Remy: He laughed at the outrageous suggestions. "Cherie, it's all good. No worries."

Rogue: "Who said we were married?" She flinched as she heard her voice get a bit high.

Rogue: Her eyes narrowed. Bobby.

Wade: "I bet it's SAm, he can't keep a secret," Wade said and then in a loud whisper, "He has webbed feet."

Remy: "Rogue, petite, it ain't like dey said dat y' skin babies an' wear dem for boots. It ain't an insult."

Rogue: "We ain't married!"

Jason: "Well, apparently it's quite the touchy subject all the same." Jason grinned, turning to see Rogue's expression better.

Pietro: "Sounds like someone's a little afraid of commitment." Pietro put in, unable to stop himself due to drink.

Rogue: Rogue crossed her arms, hiding her right hand under her left bicep to cover up the ring as she glared at the new kid, "An' who are y'all again? Don't think we've had tha pleasure."

Pietro: "Pietro Maximoff," He nodded to her, "And you're not helping your case."

Rogue: "Y'all don't get ta say nothin' bout me if ya don't know me, sugah."

Pietro: Pietro blinked at her. Defensive much? "I'm just calling it as I see it, Madam." He turned back to the bar.

Rogue: "Ya bein' rude is what ya are. Maybe its time y'all got cut off."

Pietro: Pietro paused, "Cut off?" He turned around, "What do you mean?"

Rogue: "No more ta drink."

Jason: "From the drinks, nothing physical...though considering..."

Selene: Selene pouted. "And here I was already looking forward to something fun involving knives."

Pietro: "And why should my observations earn me a ban from the bar?" He raised an eyebrow.

Rogue: "Because ya obviously too drunk ta realize that statin' such things an' accusin' people o' things is rude."

Remy: "Somethin's tellin' me I oughta have kept my mouth shut." He waved for another drink for himself and for her and held it out to Rogue. "Breathe deep cherie. We were jus' rubbin' y'."

Pietro: "I wasn't accusing anyone." Pietro rolled his eyes and walked away. Not worth it. She was far too defensive for it not to be true.

Andreas: "Je t'accuse!"

Rogue: Rogue took the drink and turned away from the group, closing her eyes and trying to calm down. "Y'all should know better'n just 'bout anyone that Ah don't like that."

Jason: "Well, we'll remember to keep our humour elsewhere."

Remy: "Y' know how t' keep y're humour elsewhere?"

Selene: "I've tried, but it always follows me around wherever I go," Selene tossed in, nodding thougtfully.

Remy: He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "Thought y' were an equal opportunity mocker dere Jason."

Jason: "Oh, I have absolutely no idea how. It'll just remind me that I should consider protection."

Remy: "Mockin' condoms?" His other eyebrow raised to match the other. "Dats an' interestin' concept."

Jason: "I was thinking more along the lines of a cup but, you know, both might not be a bad idea."

Pietro: Pietro found a seat and sat on it. Wasn't going to brood. Nope. He let his mind wander for a while to see where it would go.

Remy: "Maybe y' should ask Selene t' whip y' up somethin'. Sure dat it'd keep people at a distance."

Selene: "Who shall I whip now?" Selene looked up from her drink, which was almost empty again already.

Rogue: "Jason."

Jason: "Oh yes please."

Remy: "Mon Dieu. Y' all wonder why y' suit dis club? Hellfire indeed."

Selene: Selene grinned mischieviously. "Excellent," she said, emptying her third glass of strong alcohol. "I had almost feared we wouldn't do something exciting to ring in the new semester."

Jason: "I think the new fellow could use a greeting whip as well. I don't suppose you actually have your bullwhip on you?"

Remy: Clearing his throat he tried to steer the conversation back to more neutral ground. "I forget. Which of y'all is fourth year dis year?"

Jason: "Not until next year, I'm afraid you'll have to tolerate me a bit longer."

Selene: "I'm pretty sure I'm already in my teens, at least," Selene replied. "Of course, it's hard to tell without a proper ID or birth certificate. Or working memories, for that matter." She nodded knowingly. "But defintely older than four, I'm pretty certain of that."

Remy: "Well dis is my last year of my masters. So I'm done after dis." Shifting his weight he took a sip. "Not sure how I feel about dat yet." Smiling at Selene he chuckled. "Y' definately keep dis conversation fresh, petite."

Jason: "So what do you think you'll be doing after that then? Suppose you already have the business so there's not really the question of work."

Rogue: "Its mah last year... Ain't worked out how ta talk Sam inta travellin' when he finishes next year."

Remy: "Oui. An' it's been valuable t' have me here near t' New York. Dere's a lot of things we do here. But I think maybe I'll travel between here an' home."

Remy: "An' y' flyin' off on us Rogue? Where y' wanna travel? Europe?"

Selene: "If all else fails, you could still breed emus," Selene suggested with a shrug.

Rogue: "Thinkin' Sam still vainly hopes Ah'll wanna settle down..." She grinned, "Anywhere an' everywhere. Where do ya think Ah go when Ah run? Georgia? Hell no."

Jason: "Still? When did anyone breed emus before?"

Selene: "See? It's a fresh market." Selene nodded.

Remy: "I think I'll pass on d' giant chickens, merci."

Jason: "Maybe you could start it up? I'm sure Xavier wouldn't notice if you put up a fence enclosure for some in the woods."

Selene: "So we're getting a herd of giant mean birds?" Selene looked up from her glass and arched her eyebrows, before a small grin appeared on her face. "Excellent."

[Edited on 5/9/09 by fourpawsonthefloor]

[Edited on 8/11/2009 by steyn]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.