Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

10/14 Game: Magnetic Personality

Post by Slarti »

timelined Saturday, Oct. 11

Jason: Jason slumped slightly in his seat, drumming his fingers against the arm rest of the seat by him. "So, how long do we all think this is going to take?"

Kitty: "Does anybody know what this is all about?" Kitty took a seat a couple of places over from Jason. She fidgeted with her ponytail, then took her ear buds out and turned off her ipod.

Eddie: Eddie scratched his head, eyes flicking over to the chatter. "You guys are the residents, you tell me, babe!", he grinned.

Jay: Jay coughed harshly into his hand, muttering darkly to himself in between sputters. "Ah have no idea, dude." His voice hadn't really recovered from...whatever it was in the DR yet, sounding harsher and rougher then usual. And for now, he couldn't even imitate sounds. He was straddling a chair, wings curled either side of him.

Cessily: "What do you guys think this is going to be about?" Cessily sat down, crossed her legs and put the bag she carried in her lap. "Perhaps something about Professor Forge? Or the attack?"

Jason: "I would imagine so. I can't imagine it's sunshine and happy times and Xavier's going to toss puppies into the audience."

Kitty: Kitty bit her lip for a second at the mention of the dead professor and the attack. Then she cleared her throat the stuck out her hand to Eddie. "Hi, I'm Kitty. You new here too?"

Cessily: She opened her bag, searched its contents for a moment, and pulled out a bottle of fruit juice. "I don't know," Cessily commented, making a slight face. "I could do with some cheering up by kittens and puppies now."

Eddie: Eddie looked over at the girl, holding her hand and kissing it. "Eddie Brock, cutie.", he winked at the girl.

Jay: Jay put his chin in his hand and grumbled to himself. "Seems dis school cain't stay outta trouble f' five minutes." He chewed his lip.

Jason: "Well of course not, we either blow ourselves up or someone does it for us I would imagine. Have we blown ourselves up before?" Jason wasn't entirely sure but if they hadn't it would probably happen.

DrMcCoy: Hank looked around from the office, hearing voices in the auditorium. "Ah, and here they are. I know Charles is terribly upset he wasn't here to greet you, but you understand some things just can't wait." He opened the door, but when his guest didn't move walked out of the office ahead of him.

Kitty: She blinked and gave a little laugh. "Nice to meet you." She folded up her legs indian style in the seat.

Jason: "And our first contestant is up." Jason nodded as Doctor McCoy stepped in. "At least he won't conk out halfway through."

DrMcCoy: "Everyone, hello. Thank you for coming." He waited for the students to settle down and looked over his shoulder. He raised an eyebrow. "We're all aware it's been a sad time at Xavier's recently, but while we take the time to mourn, we must also move on."

Cessily: "I'm pretty sure if we tell people where we went to school later in our lives, none of us will get an insurance ever again," Cessily tossed in.

Cessily: Cessily sat up straight in her chair and unscrewed the bottle of fruit juice.

Eddie: Eddie's eyes narrowed at the words of Dr. McCoy. It seemed that bad luck followed most of the people here.

Kitty: Kitty watched Dr. McCoy intently, chewing on the end of her ponytail since her fingernails weren't long enough to bite yet.

Prof_Lehnsherr: Erik followed behind after a moment, evenly floating about 6 inches above the ground. With hair stark white and imaculately clad in a dress suit, with a silver and black walking cane to match, he landed next to Hank, setting gently on the floor with a light *click* from the cane and his shoes.

Jason: "Oi, it's Mary Poppins." Jason muttered quietly. There needed to be more floating people so he could do that more often.

DrMcCoy: "Allow me to introduce one of Dr. Xavier's first students, who has graciously agreed to return to help us. Professor Lensherr will be taking over Professor Forge's classes." Hank stepped back a little, smoothing down his jacket, and smiled at Erik.

Cessily: "Are you sure," Cessily whispered back, staring at the new guy. "Looks more like the magic pimp to me."

Eddie: Eddie grinned at Jason's words. Looking over at the Professor. "...nice cane.", he mused, quietly.

Cessily: She blinked a few times, open fruit juice bottle in hand, looking at the new... Professor? "They sure didn't take their time to replace Professor Forge."

Jason: "Mary Poppins will beat you with his magic pimp cane. Forget the sugar. Magic Pimp Cane makes you swallow that medicine."

Eddie: Eddie giggled at Jason again. "Dude, shh!", he smiled.

Kitty: Kitty sat still, trying not to jump to conclusions. But she got a bad feeling Professor Forge's class was about to take a dramatic turn.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Thank you Dr. McCoy." He nodded to Hank and turned to the students. "I am pleased to return to this campus. Though much has changed in my long absence, rest assured that I will teach and guide you, each and every one to the best of my ability." He gave a gracious smile, scanning the small crowd of young mutants.

Jay: Jay snorted at Cessily's words before chewing his knuckles to stop the laughter at Jason's, golden eyes narrowed slightly as he eyed up the new 'Professor'.

Jason: Jason just smiled and watched. Well, he had to respect someone who could pull off the floating and pimp cane after all.

Eddie: Eddie looked over to Jay, noting his obvious ill feelings on the matter. It was obvious that most of the students would feel similar, although, being new, he'd never met Professor Forge.

Cessily: "Wow, that must have been way before my time," Cessily commented, before taking a sip from her juice. She looked at the others left and right of her. "And am I the only one who thinks that Mr. Xavier has lots of interesting friends?"

DrMcCoy: "Yes, and all classes will resume shortly, but for now we wanted you all to get to know your new professor." He overheard Cessily. "Just a bit, my dear." He winked.

Jay: "Well, Ah guess dey needed a new prof quickly..." Jay murmured quietly, curling his wings in a little more before coughing again. "Ow, wankers. Xavier's interestin' fer an old guy dat falls asleep all d' time."

Jason: "I've always been under the impression that we see Xavier sleeping so much because he has a very involved nightlife that possibly involves this man in a managerial role.

Jay: "....Bad mental images, man. Way bad."

Jason: "His wheelchair as 'evening spinners'."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Well, as I have been informed, it seems strange and 'interesting' times are an everyday thing for those of us blessed with the abilities we have been give, and a life time of such times leads you to strange bed fellows." He smiled, sized up each student as he looked them over again.

Jay: Jay twitched a wing to cover his face at the Prof's comment, covering his mouth as he managed to turn the snort of laughter into a convincing cough.

Cessily: "That doesn't make the mental images any better," Cessily commented, pulling a slight face.

DrMcCoy: Oh yes, very interesting. Hank scratched at the just-healed shrapnel scars on his neck.

Eddie: Eddie grinned at the professor. "Un-phaseable, this one...", he gestured to the professor.

Kitty: "Extremely phasable - this one." She pointed to herself. Kitty looked up at Professor Lehnsherr and wondered briefly about the possibility of cloning Professor Forge and having J download his smarts back into the body...very 'Mary Shelley-ish

Jay: Think of Darren, think of Darren, think of- no, stop thinking of Darren, stop it, stooop... Jay gnawed on his knuckles again, running his other hand through the feathers of a wing absently.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Well, at this time, Hank, could you please give me a moment with the kids, I'd like to get to know them a bit before we have to start the unpleasantness that are classes." He grin.

Jason: "And the wheelchair is on hydraulics so he can lift himself up and down." Yeah, that helped.

Cessily: "I hope he doesn't mean that literally," Cessily said, shifting in her seat. "I don't need more classes like those of Farouk."

Jay: Without taking his eyes off the professor, Jay reached over and thwacked Jason over the back of the head. "No more camera time in the bathroom for you."

DrMcCoy: Hank raised an eyebrow, but smiled. "Certainly, Erik." After all, he'd have to deal with the students on his own soon enough. He cast a look at them and turned. "I'll just be outside - I should call Charles."

Jason: "Awww, you wouldn't!" Jason looked back pleadingly.

Jay: "Y'all need to learn to behave." Jay smirked back.

Jason: "You want me to behave? That takes away half the fun!."

Bobby: Bobby sniffed loudly one more time and opened the door, hoping to slip in the back for this big professorial announcement. He hadn't had a chance to meet this new dude himself, and wanted to get a look.

Eddie: Eddie shook his head. "You guys, man. How old are you all again?", he smirked cockilly. Damn, he was cool. He looked over at Kitty again; "...I need a girl.", he murrmured to himself.

Cessily: "Hey, that would be the first time anyone would want me to behave," Cessily said and couldn't resist a short giggle.

Jay: Jay quirked an eyebrow at Jason. "And y'all enjoy bein' scolded jus' too damn much, right?" He glanced at Eddie and snorted.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Thanks." He watched as Hank left. "Well, now that the formalities are over, I'd like to say, I hope you give me less grief than I gave my own professor, so to forstall that inevitability, I'd like to get to know you all, and let you get to know me. So any questions?"

Bobby: Well, no wheelchair, and he wasn't blue. Good so far. Bobby sat down quietly to watch.

Cessily: "Hey Bobby," Cessily said and gave him a quick wave, before looking back at the new Professor. She was desperately trying to think of a question to ask.

Kitty: Kitty raised her hand, slowly. "Are you a mutant?"

Eddie: Eddie sighed. "...hmn, floating in - you think?", he laughed.

Jason: "No, we have an intricate set up of ropes and pullies to make him float." And as for Jay's question, Jason just grinned.

Bobby: Floating? Bobby sat up. Fun.

Eddie: Eddie's laugh grew in volume slightly.

Cessily: "Well, he could also be a stage magician, who knows?" Cessily tossed in jokingly.

Jay: "If y'all look right, y' can see d' wires."

Kitty: "Well...I know - but he kinda looks like - " Kitty defended herself. "Yeah, a magician. Things aren't always what they appear you know..."

Jason: "Nah, he doesn't have a tophat. Where would the bunnies breed?"

Bobby: He stifled a snort and sneezed.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Yes. I was one of Professor Xavier's first 'special' students." He floated into the air again. "In my much younger and more impassioned days, I called myself the Master of Magnetism."

Jay: "Sleeves'r trousers. Y'all should know dat, Jason."

Cessily: "Told you; stage magician," Cessily remarked.

Eddie: "Magnetism?", asked Eddie out loud. "So, you manipulate metal then?"

Kitty: Kitty stole a glance at Cess at Eddie's comment.

Jason: "Not any relation to our Arts professor, right?"

Bobby: Bobby blinked and looked back up at that. Magnetism...? He glanced at Jason. Good question.

Bobby: He certainly looked old enough to be her dad.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Indeed, you all are a very quick lot." He grinned and waved his hand, emptying each student of the change and keys in their pockets. "I can also use my power to manipulate electronics and even the human body, though I am told that is quite painful."

Cessily: Cessily made a slightly awkward face at that and shifted in her chair. "Do I have to be scared now," she asked no one in particular.

Jay: Jay's wings flared just a little at that and his eyes narrowed again.

Jason: "Shouldn't you always be? It keeps you aware."

Kitty: "Hey!" Kitty protested, grabbing for the keys of her beloved Mustang as the levitated away from her.

Bobby: Bobby resisted the urge to cover his fly at all the magnetic mayhem.

Eddie: Eddie squirmed. "Electricity sucks...", he grumbled, recalling his last 'shock-therapy' versus Kraven.

Cessily: "Well, more scared," Cessily corrected herself in reply to Jason.

Eddie: Eddie looked up a moment. "Hey, my pen...", he smirked, plucking it from mid-air.

Bobby: "It's cool, Cess. I'm sure he wouldn't do anything to you that Lorna wouldn't." He leaned over and patted her shoulder with a smirk.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Dear girl, you have no reason to be afeared of me. I use my powers on others only in the defense of myself and those like us." He gave her a soft smile, "You are no more susceptable to my power than any of the others in the room. The human body has an amazing amount of iron in it after all. But that is for your biology lesson, of which I will not be teaching."

Jason: "Thank God, rather keep my iron to myself."

Cessily: Cessily arched her eyebrows and gave Bobby a look. "I'm not sure if that was meant to make me feel at ease or worry even more now," she told him.

Bobby: He gave her a toothy grin.

Cessily: Cessily gave the new professor a smile in return. "That's good to hear, Professor," she said. "And I wasn't really serious when I asked if I should be scared. I'd never insinuate anything."

Eddie: Eddie snorted. "...obviously.", he smirked cockilly.

Prof_Lehnsherr: He let himself float back to the floor with another 'click' as his heels and cane touched down on the ground. "Well, now that the manditory demonstration of power is over, is there anything else you would like to know of your new Professor?" He gave Cessily a grin, "Oh I know, it is quite alright miss?"

Eddie: Eddie raised a finger. "Ever want a spar in the DR?", he smiled.

Jay: Jay merely grumbled and put his various things back in his pocket, coughing again.

Kitty: Shoving her keys back in her pocket and held them in her fist. "Are you going to keep to Professor Forge's syllabus?" She hoped so. She was two chapters ahead already.

Jason: "Hitting on staff? All ready?" Jason went about collecting his possessions as well.

Bobby: Bobby raised an eyebrow at the new kid and shifted in his seat. He noticed a stray red feather on the floor and reached for it.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Ah, I was never one for physical confrontation or the martial arts. In most situations that I have had my life threatened, I relly solely on my powers. If your own powers are similar, I would be will to give you training though."

Eddie: Eddie looked at his hand, disfiguring it into a claw, and back again. "...hmn, 'similar'? Maybe not, 'Prof'. Thanks anyway.", he winked at the Professor.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "And young lady, I will be following his syllabus for the remainder of the semester. As well as I am able to any extent. Forge was a briliant man, and many of his theories and ideas are beyond comprehension to the rest of us. But the main lessons will be the same, rest assured." He smiled.

Jay: Jay noticed the red feather inching away and then realised Bobby was behind him. How the hell had he missed that?! "Hey dude!" He grinned. "Y'all still hoardin' d' feathers?"

Bobby: "Always!" He returned the grin and moved closer to his old roommate.

Cessily: "That's good to hear," Cessily remarked. Well, the new Professor didn't seem that bad, after all.
Kitty: Kitty nodded in relief then was distracted by Bobby. "What are you doing??" She whispered in bewilderment, watching him.

Bobby: "Our pet mice like 'em." He reached out with the feather and brushed her nose.

Jason: "So what exactly have you been doing before being roped into coming back?" Jason decided it should be asked. "About time we find out something to do after graduation other than stay here, hmm?"

Jay: "Aw, man, if y'all miss me dat much Ah coul' sleep in your bed with ya." Jay grinned. "You alrigh'? Ya don't look so good."

Bobby: "Right between me and Lorna?" He smirked. "I've got that cold thing that's been going around. ...hangs on forever."

Cessily: "Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that," Cessily told Bobby. "I'm definitely not sorry I left colds behind me."

Kitty: Kitty blinked at the two of them. Surely Jay and Bobby were joking...right??

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Very good question. After I left Xavier's all those years ago, I travelled with Doctors without Borders for a few years, then returned state side to start my own medical practice. I've also been one of the few public spokesmen for Mutant rights and spent some time wineing and dining in DC to no avail against the current registration. Mostly a fairly mundane life since I left these grounds." He smiled once more.

Jason: Jason nodded, well, that didn't sound too terrible after all.

Cessily: "Sounds exciting enough to me," Cessily commented with a smile.

Jay: Jay smirked at Bobby. "Ah'm sure Lorna'd like t' film, right? Ah ain't had a cold for ages, wouldn' mind catching one off y'all, dude."

Eddie: Eddie turned to Jay. "Hi there! Remember how you never ask me to do anything?", he grinned. "Ah well, you're about to lose your 'kiss virginity' and sixty dollars to me anyway, huh?"

Eddie: Eddie tapped his nose. "You will lose, man, you and Raya!", he winked.

Bobby: Bobby's smirk turned to an outright laugh at the new kid's comment. He sat back, twirling the feather, and listened to the new guy. Doctor, huh?

Jay: Jay blinked at Eddie, before grinning. "Darlin', Ah ain' been a virgin in any way for a long time. Ask Bobby here, considerin' Ah kissed him an' all. An' like Ah said, ain't lost a race yet."

Kitty: Kitty was tempted to ask what kind of bet, but restrained herself. She nodded her agreement with Cess.

Eddie: "'Yet', being the opperative word there, 'Scarlet Angelo'.", Eddie said smugly, pulling a face. "Besides, you know you want me."

Bobby: He looked over at the new kid. Eddie? "Well, he got me drunk first. So watch out, dude."

Eddie: Eddie looked at Bobby. "Drinking also? Win, win, huh?", he laughed out loud.

Jay: "Stop callin' me a fuckin' angel, kid." Jay narrowed his eyes. "An' y'all weren't dat drunk, Bob."

Cessily: Cessily laughed while looked between her friends and the new Professor. "I don't know if I'm actually the right person to apologize for them, but I hope you don't mind them being weird like that." She grinned. "And no worries, that's pretty normal for us."

Prof_Lehnsherr: Eric leaned upon his cane as he listened to his new students talk about their sexual prowess and under age drinking infront of him. Interesting bunch of kids... "Oh it is fine, funny to see how much has changed in the years I have been gone."

Kitty: Kitty slumped in her seat and absolutely wanted to phase through the floor she was so embarassed listening to them all. She was way out of her league with this bunch.

Eddie: Eddie's eyes flickered over to the Professor. "Yeah, got a feelin' I'm gonna like this guy, here.", he smiled.

Bobby: "Drunk enough." He sniffed, remembering why he'd been drinking, and looked back up at the professor. "And I should apologize too, since I'm, um, actually one of your colleagues." He got up and offered the man his hand. "Bobby Drake. Nice to meet you. Afraid I sneaked in the back..."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Erik Lehnsherr, pleased to meet you Bobby. I had assumed you were one of the students." He joked.

Jay: "Oh, he's got a lot t' learn, Professor. Trust me."

Bobby: "Yeah, hard to tell, isn't it?" He laughed. "I was, until last year. I'm a graduate." Bobby looked back over at Jay with a raised brow.

Jay: Jay shot one back, only raised it a smirk as well.

Eddie: Eddie looked between the two, poking Jay. "And I thought it was love, man.", he jibed, smirking and winking at him.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Well, congradulations on graduation, and welcome to the alumni." He smiled. "Looks like they still see you as a student as well." He ribbed the young colleague. "I wonder if he is always this talkative." He mused looking at Eddie. "Might have to find a creative way to keep him quiet while I am conducting class."

Jay: "Ballgag."

Bobby: "Yeah, it's a work in progress." He scratched at the back of his neck and shook his head at the guys. That new one was certainly a match for Jay.

Jay: Jay realised he'd said that a little too quickly and fought against the slight blush as people looked at him. "...What? It'd work."

Eddie: Eddie grinned. "Sexy thought...", he muttered. "If it makes you feel better, I can always remove my mouth.

Kitty: Kitty turned an even deeper shade of red and phased just a bit as she wished she'd brought a book to bury her head in.

Eddie: Eddie looked over at Kitty again. "Or I can pre-occupy it...", he winked at the girl.

Cessily: "When exactly did I become the well behaved one here," Cessily wondered, looking around.

Bobby: "So! Have you been properly introduced to these heathens, Erik?"

Jay: Jay scratched the back of his head and muttered something underneath the curtain of red hair that fell in his face. He really needed to think before he spoke. Jill was the one that said shit like that.

Kitty: Her eyes got big as saucers as she stared at Eddie, somewhere between laughing and dying of embarassment.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "No, actually. Introductions were never given." He gave a little grin.

Bobby: Bobby rattled off names, pausing when he reached the new mouthy one. "...and, Eddie? Right? I haven't seen you yet in class, dude."

Kitty: "Busted..." Kitty quietly sing-songed to Eddie with a grin.

Eddie: Eddie looked back at Bobby. "Nope, just arrived, me. Fresh from the UK!", he smirked. "My power's almost as impressive as the beautiful lady there.", he pointed at Kitty without looking.

Bobby: "Oh yeah? We've got a few with the gift of gab already, man." He winked.

Kitty: The blush that had almost faded rushed back up into her cheeks. "So, not busted then?"

Jay: "Ah'm d' most gifted. Y'all cain't sound like an entire roomful talkin', am I right?"

Eddie: Eddie shot Jay a blank look. "You keep that 'sonic' bullshit to yourself...", he's still no idea why his form distorted due to sound.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Well, much better. And I would expect Eddie will be a model student as soon as classes resume." He offered. "Xavier also told me of one of his past students that could speak any language on the planet. That too seams a most impressive gift of gab."

Eddie: Eddie flashed back to the Professor. "Any language? Kickass....", he laughed.

Bobby: "Yeah, Doug. Fun guy. Founder of the geek club..." He trailed off a bit when he realized he should be in mature mode.

Eddie: "'Geek'? Like....'D&D', 'nd stuff?", Eddie asked, suddenly interested.

Cessily: "I'm Cessily, by the way," Cessily introduced herself, smiling. "The resident metal girl and usually cheerful free spirit. Most of the time, at least."

Bobby: "That'd be the geek. Well, that and other geeky pursuits." He nodded, then snerked a bit. "Cess is definitely a shining example of our student body."

Jay: "Very shiny." Jay smirked.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Nice to meet you, I had heard Xavier found one such as yourself. Most amazing step in mutant evolution. And Bobby, do realize, puns are the lowest form of comedy." He grinned, "Keep it upand you shall be punished."

Bobby: That time, the new professor earned his raised brow.

Eddie: Eddie stopped. "See, I was about to make a 'pun' about 'shining'? Wow, must be maturing!"

Cessily: "Sounds kinky," Cessily queitly commented the Professor's last remark, showing a small smirk of her own.

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Pardon my bad humour, I was never one for whitty quips." He smiled.

Jay: Jay just...tried not to stare at the professor. Time to think about Darren again...

Eddie: Eddie whipped out his pen, scrawling out a note on a piece of paper from his jacket pocket. "Hehe...tactical.", he thought, as he wrote out an invite for a drink. He folded it up and handed it to Kitty.

Kitty: Kitty took the folded up with a curious look and opened it discretely. She barely kept her laugh toned down as she took the pen out of her notebook and scribbled back. 'I'm a minor' and signed it with a winking smiley face. She handed it back with a grin.

Eddie: Eddie took the note, looking at Kitty and shrugging. "Pick a picnic area then, flower.", he smirked.

Kitty: She gave him another smile and took a piece of paper from her notebook. She wrote, 'Boyfriend...' and signed that one with a sad face.

Eddie: Eddie grinned at the note's message. "Ah, too bad! Lucky S.O.B, though. You tell him!", he smilled at Kitty once more.

Kitty: "I do tell him - all the time." She grinned and winked at Eddie.

Eddie: "Ooh, you little minx, you!", Eddie laughed. Class was deffinately not going to be as dull as Leeds Uni., that was for sure.

Bobby: Bobby felt like he was watching a ping pong match with all the non-stealth note passing.

Cessily: "Hm? What did I do now?" Cessily looked up from her bottle of juice as the word 'minx' was mentioned. "I swear I'm innocent. In this particular case, at least. I think."

Prof_Lehnsherr: "Well, I believe I shall go retire to my office, get my things in order as it were. I will see you all in class, but untill then, be safe, be wise, and be seeing you soon." He roes a few inches and start to float towards the door.

Bobby: "Nice to meet you, Erik." Bobby gave the older man a nod and pulled a chair around to straddle it. He parked his chin on the back and watched the students, waiting for the click of the door behind him.

Eddie: "Alright, that guy?", Eddie said as the door closed. "He's freakin' awesome!"

Cessily: "See you soon, Professor," Cessily replied and waved quickly. "Was nice meeting you." She looked back at the others. "Are we sure he's not out new art teacher? I mean, he sure seems to be on something there. With the whole floating about thing."

Bobby: "You know this means you guys have two floating magnety teachers now. Beware your piercings if you piss 'em off."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

10/14 Game: Magnetic Personality

Post by steyn »

Lol, awesome, still imagine Lehnsherr with Ian McKellen's voice though, which is kind of weird seeing that it's an old man's voice.