Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

12/13 Game: We are the World...

Post by Ferguson »

December, 9th

Lorna: "Okay...that was waaay harder than I thought it was going to be." Flying planes...Lorna decided she was going to leave that to Bobby. She straightened her pack and started to lead the way down the road, unfolding the map in front of her. "Okay, so the station's not far, we just have to walk the rest of the way. The map says go straight and it'll be on our left."

Anna: "Straight. Right. I can do that." Anna put her hat on and had a sip of water, "It's really hot here...." She was expecting heat, but wow....

Darren: "That's why you shouldda let me fly the plane," Darren grinned, trying very hard not to think of the Harley outfit that Bobby had him program into the DR as he spoke to her.

Kitty: "No, Anna...Straight, left. Right?" Kitty stood up and stretched.

Lorna: "You can fly back and I'll just make sure when we hit the ground we bounce." Lorna promised, giving Darren a quick grin back.

Jay: Jay had his wings flared to help with the heat, although the permenant toplessness helped that too. "Y'd have put us in a barrel-roll, man." He threw at Darren, trying to ignore the guilty lump that was the tarot cards in a pocket of his cargos.

Rogue: Rogue took her time getting off the jet, afraid of what she would find. She toyed with the ring inside her glove on her right hand as she listened to Lorna. She tried hard to get the image of Sam hooked up to all those machines in the infimary out of her mind. She had a job to do.

Lorna: "...a barrel roll sounds like fun." Don't tempt the person who can make the plane float.

Darren: "A barrel roll is harder then you think, man," Darren pulled out his cigarette packet and lit up since he wouldn't be able to once they got to the place.

Jay: "Not for y'all it ain', brother."

J: J looked around and noticed quite quickly that he stuck out like a sore thumb in his dress suit. "No right, just left." He said idly as he thought about running back in the plane and changing.

Anna: "Warn me before you do that and I'll levitate myself in the middle so I don't notice...." Anna slid her water bottle back into her bag with the others and put it back on her back.

Lorna: "That's no fun though." she smiled, walking along.

Anna: "More fun than having someone throw up on you." Anna grinned.

Jay: "Ah'll just be very sick on y'all's hair and den go fly myself." Jay grinned at both Lorna and Darren.

Lorna: "I can make a bubble, nobody throws up on me."

Darren: "I can ... fuck, I'm screwed arn't I?" Darren chuckled and tried to blow a smoke ring, failing dismally, one day ... one day ...

Anna: Anna laughed. "That sounds useful... maybe I should learn that trick....."

Rogue: Rogue didn't pay attention to anything the others were saying as they walked, just hoping that they would get to where they were going and figure out that this strange mystery disease isn't what Sam has.

Kitty: "I could just phase. Have to be careful I don't fall out of the plance completely, Kitty mused, adjusting her tanktop and shorts. God, it was hot here!

Wade: Wade, in rather very touristy clothes and a straw hat while sucking on a chocolate McShake came around the corner and bumped into very familiar faces. "Hello hello hello, you guys come here for the weather as well?"

Lorna: "Maybe I'll take pity on you and put a bub-Wade?" Right, Lorna's mind was gone for the moment.

Anna: "Wadey!!" Anna tackled him.

Wade: "BanAnna!" Wade yelled as he stumbled back against a building with Anna glomping him.

J: J went ahead and pulled his jacket off and carried it over his shoulder, his only allowance for the heat. "Hello." He waved over to Wade.

Jay: Jay's wings flared more as he blew what hair wasn't in a ponytail or stuck to his skin out of his face. This was at least keeping him out of his room and brooding. Hey, he could even help save lives!

Rogue: Rogue vaguely noticed that people were saying they were hot. She looked down at herself and frowned, she wasn't hot at all. Shock, maybe?

Wade: "Come on, kissy face, kissy face, mwah!" Wade said, then offered his shake to Anna, "It's chocolate, want some?"

Anna: "Oooh yum!" Anna took a sip, "Chocolate is all good!" she smiled.

Kitty: Kitty tried to keep from staring at Jay and his wings. They really were beautiful. But the obvious mutants still made her uneasy and that made her flush a little shamefully. She waved at Wade and hurried to catch up with J.

Lorna: "...right then." Well, that works out just fine. Lorna started walking again. "I'm guessing that's it up ahead."

J: He turned to Kitty as she came up beside him. "It is really hot here... I have never been this hot in my life..."

Jay: Oblivious to the look, Jay nodded. "Hey...Lorna. Any idea d' sort of things we're gonna expect here? Ah mean, Ah know there's medical issues, but..."

Wade: "So what's the X-cellent people doing in a place like this?" Wade asked, hooking his arm around Anna as he joined in walking with the group.

Anna: "I get to wear my doctor hat!" Anna bounced a little. It was nice to feel useful.

Kitty: "I know, how do people stand it??" She was already sweating and squinting even with her sunglasses on. "Good thing I brought extra sunblock." She dug in her bag and offered it to J.

Rogue: What Jay said made Rogue finally look up, "If it's anythin' like what's goin' on back at home, some o' 'em might be coughin' up blood... Fluid on tha lungs... Really high fever ya cain't get down... That kinda thing."

Lorna: "Don't really know, we're sort of the first wave. We get to report back to Xavier that it's at least being set up." She looked a bit puzzled at Rogue though. This was a bit far for a flu to travel. They would find out though.

Kitty: "So, it's the people sick here have the same thing the XU students have??" That made Kitty nervous.

Lorna: "Well, that might be jumping to conclusions here." Lorna said evenly.

Jay: Jay nodded, muttering and pushing sweaty hair out of his face before glancing at Rogue. "We don't know dat." He smiled a little. "Sod dis. Anyone for a breeze?" So saying, he spread his wings fully and flapped them a couple of times, sighing at the movement of air.

Anna: Anna shrugged a little, "No one knows - we can find out."

Rogue: "Sam's in tha infirmary, Jay. Hooked up ta machines 'cause we don't know what's wrong with him beyond symptoms that don't match up ta anythin'. Ah'm sick of not knowin' so Ah'd rather make an ass outta mahself an' assume somethin' so Ah can at least pretend ta know."

Wade: "Ever noticed how much more flies there are here than back home?" Wade said swatting bugs aronud him.

Kitty: "Ok..." Kitty nodded, plodding along looking forward to the shade that was coming up in the form of the relief tents up ahead.

Jay: Jay nodded to Rogue. "Ah understand, hun, honest. C'mon, let's just concentrate on what we're doin' here. Mebbe we can help Sam when we get back."

Anna: Anna nodded, "Yeah.... maybe 'cause there's more cows....?"

Lorna: "They're after your shake." Lorna hurried a bit more to get to the station. Oh...now she really wished they still had someone like Doug around...was waving okay? She was able to see in a bit though and, well, if the glowing person was any indication at least they weren't going to find them too odd looking.

J: J took the sunblock and smoothered his hands and face and neck. He followed the others, swatting at the occasional fly or massive mysquito. He pulled out a small can of bug spray from his backpack and sprayed himself all over, making sure he was good for the day.

Wade: "Oh hey look, it's the medical place. Hey Ahmad! How's the goat and kids?" Wade yelled to a guy who grinned back and gave a thumbsup as they passed. "They love me here."

Lorna: "Come here a lot then?" Lorna arched an eyebrow.

Jay: Jay fanned his wings again, wishing he didn't have feathers as he fluffed them in an effort to let the air get under them. He glanced over at Darren - who looked unfazed by the heat. Lucky fucker.

Rogue: Rogue took a deep breath and nodded at Jay, forcing herself to be emotionally detached. "So, we're here ta help 'em if we can, right? Or just get information? Or what?"

Wade: "Sweat baby on a stick, no." Wade told Lorna. "I got here a couple hours ago. Hitched a ride on the DHL express. Gotta love the delivery man business." Wade mentioned.

Lorna: Holy crap, that actually made sense! Lorna didn't know how to take an explanation from Wade that made sense. Though, sweat baby on a stick sort of took away some of the sense. "Both." She answered Rogue.

Jay: Jay nodded to the tents coming up. "Ah wanna help." He said quietly.

Anna: Anna smiled at Wade, "Go you for using your initiative!" She gave him a thumbs up.

Kitty: "Me too," Kitty nodded to Jay taking the sunblock back from J. "Just tell me what to do..."

J: J grinned as he listened to the others, enjoying the quick moment of normalicy before they got knee deep in the med tents. "Hey Wade, do you know which of the doctor's here is in charge?"

Wade: "Initiative? I was working, dropped off some 'Very Important' packages." Wade said, adding finger quotes. "For them actually," Wade nodded towards the medical people.

Anna: "Ooooh." Anna nodded, she gave Wade another smile then started to look around.

Wade: "Doctors in charge? Umm, that guy over there, he looks important, plus he was the one who signed my sheet." Wade answered senor consonant J.

Lorna: "Right then." Lorna clapped her hands. "Everyone who's all ready finished their medical training at school can help out with getting samples from the sick. If you've not just help people to beds and do what you can to make them comfortable."

Wade: "Jafar, my main man, give me four," Wade said as he high foured/fived a mutant they passed. "Whoa, sorry, bet it'll grow right back in a jiffy." Wade shuffled on to join the group.

Rogue: Rogue technically could help with getting samples, and would if they needed her to, but she preferred just making people comfortable. It made her have to focus on someone else and that was a good thing right now. She also wasn't sure how steady of a hand she would have. When they checked Sam into the infirmary, she had stayed with him all night and those guest chairs aren't made for any kind of sleep unfortunately.

Jay: Jay raised his hand. "Was on med team way back. Ah'll help with d' gross shit." He smiled.

Anna: Anna got right to work, setting her bag down at the station where it would remain til she needed it, then pulled on some gloves and picked up a kit. Doctor-hat was firmly on.

J: J eyed the doctor that Wade hand pointed out and went over to introduce himself. He sent a small shock as they shook hands and explained he was there to help, and had years and years of medical training (That he'd just copied from said doctor.) After being given an assignment he headed towards one of the tents to help out.

Kitty: Kitty picked up a wash cloth and dipped it into cool water and laid it on a groaning patient's forehead. "Can I bring you anything?" she asked, trying to be helpful.

Lorna: Lorna went off with one of the nurses to help her. The first thing was getting a blood sample...ugh, needles. As she looked down at the patient she was working with she couldn't help but wonder if maybe the assumptions earlier might not have a little bit of truth after all. There were a lot of obvious mutants in this room. She wasn't sure that not every patient here was a mutant

Jay: Jay moved forward, picking up a kit as another doctor came over to him, barely paying attention to his wings. For a moment, as the doc talked, he wondered why, then realised...as far as he could tell...most of these people weren't humans.

Anna: Anna set about taking and labelling blood samples, and put them carefully in the box in her kit. trying to reassure the patients as best she could. She wondered if she should try healing them but if it worked she doubted she coudl heal them all without causing herself some serious harm.

Jay: He followed the doctor, pulling on surgical gloves as he did as the process for sample taking was explained. He'd never handled needles on a real patient, just in the DR, but any hand was a good one.

Lorna: The woman looked up at Kitty, not actually understanding the words but it wasn't a language barrier issue, there wasn't much left to her at all. She stared though.

Rogue: Rogue stood just at the inside of the tent and took a deep breath as she looked around. She noted how many of them were obvious mutants and that greatly surpassed the ones who looked possibly human. She took another breath and steeled her nerves, detatching herself again so she could help.

Kitty: "You want some... some water? Another pillow??" Kitty watched this poor woman staring at her and couldn't think of anything to do to help her.

Rogue: She walked over to a cot where a man was coughing and trying to sit up some. "Hey there, sug. Lemme help." Rogue gently eased him into more of a sitting position and grabbed a few extra pillows for him to be able to be propped up. Once she laid him back, she adjusted his covers and looked up to smile at him, but her smile only made it halfway before falling again.

Rogue: Instantly, she grabbed a cloth and wiped the blood from his mouth then did the same for his hands. It could still be a coincidence... Maybe this guy has something else? Tuberculosis maybe?

Jay: Jay was pointed to the first patient, setting the kit beside him and opening it, pulling out the syringe and needle and attaching the two as he was supervised. The kid couldn't have been older then him. He smiled. "Hey. Dis'll sting a little." Not like he could speak the lingo, but it made him feel better, as he carefully took the sample. Thank god his hands weren't shaking too bad.

Lorna: Water? Water. Yes. The woman got that and nodded weakly. "Water." It was raspy but it was a word.

Kitty: "Ok, water," Kitty nodded, almost over eagerly. She poured a glass and brought it to her. "Here," She motioned to help the woman sit up.

Lorna: Well, sitting up was going to be a bit too much. She could raise her head though so she struggled to do that, the promise of water something to keep her going.

Rogue: Rogue brushed the man's slightly longer hair off his forehead and took a clean rag to wipe off the small dots of sweat beading there. She wondered if he would understand her if she asked him anything, but she had to try. "Are y'all.. Are ya a mutant?" The man frowned at her then looked to a doctor who was walking by for translation. Then he nodded at her. She nodded back and gave a smile, "Me too."

Kitty: Kitty carefully put her hand behind the lady's head and helped her lift her head. "Here ya go... little sips..." she whispered. "You're going to be ok..." Even Kitty knew that was a lie.

J: J worked with one of the nurses and another doctor, pulling liquid out of the lungs of one of the critical patients. He'd never actually do anything like this before, but with over 30's years experience in his head to channel, he pulled it off. Squimish on the inside, but solid on the outside as they finished up the proceedure.

Jay: Jay labelled up the vials, swabbing the guy's elbow and making him comfortable, getting a smile back in return. The doctor gave him a smile, leading him to another who was sitting up, but obviously not much there. "Oh Jesus..." He muttered, looking at the blood-spotting on the sheets.

Lorna: It was nice to hear though even though the woman didn't believe it either. She was just happy for the water she managed to swallow.

Anna: Anna carefully carried the box of vials back to the main tent for testing and scurried off to collect more and see if there was anything she could do to help. She was glad she had some medical training now because it helped her to feel useful when all she really wanted to do was heal everyone and make the problem go away.

Jay: As Jay was inserting the next needle to take the blood, the man started to cough, then choke. Quickly pulling out the needle, he set it on the side and helped the doctor get the man to sit properly, holding a tissue to his mouth. There was a nasty, wet rattling sound to the coughs, the tissues quickly becoming badly stained.

Jay: He swallowed, just about keeping his stomach down as the fit subsided, sharing a look with the doctor. The doc nodded and he excused himself to dispose of the tissue.

Rogue: Rogue looked over at the all too familiar sound and saw Jay throwing away what looked like a red cloth... But Rogue knew all too well what it really was. She smiled and squeezed the man's hand she had been helping before moving to see who else she could help. These people needed to be in a proper hospital, hooked up to IV's... But then again, not like that was helping Sam any.

Kitty: Kitty kept the glass to the woman's cracked lips. This was awful. How could conditions here be so bad?? What did they all have? She kept trying to smile and helping this dying lady sip her glass of water.

Anna: Anna sat down for a rest a few samples later, it was too hot to run around so much. She sipped some of her water and frowned around at all the sick people they couldn't seem to do anything for. She chewed her lip. This was a lot more difficult than she'd expected.

Lorna: Her lips were cracked but instead of getting better with the water they were getting worse. She grabbed onto Kitty's arm tight, much tighter than she should have been able to and screamed, flesh peeling back to look first exactly like Kitty, then other people around her, a shape shifter out of control.

Kitty: Kitty's eyes went wide, then she started screaming partially in pain and partially for help. "Help!!!! Somebody!!!" She phased out of the woman's grip instinctively and fell backwards. "Anybody!!"

Darren: Darren poked his head back into the main tent from where he'd been assisting people outside, "Hey? What's with all the screamin-holy fuck!?"

Jay: Jay stood and stared at the screaming woman, rooted to the spot, amber eyes wide in shock and bloodied cloth in a gloved hand.

Lorna: The woman was still screaming as she changed faster, the peeling that had been just how she changed now actually being her coming off in layers littering the floor around her bed.

Anna: Anna heard the screaming and put down her water to go and investigate. "What's wro-.... oh!" She hurried over, pulling off her gloves, "Calm down, it's okay..." She tried to reassure the patient as her mutation went out of control. She didn't want to, but she attempted a small heal to help with the distress.

Kitty: She looked around for the team leaders. "I don't know what happened! She wanted some water. I was help - She-she just went nuts!" Kitty was shaking with shock. "What's happening to her??"

Wade: Wade was busy showing a kid how to fully utilize a latex glove when he heard the screamng, "Sorry kiddo, duty calls, that's the x-alarm that is." Wade turned and headed to where the commotion was.

Darren: "Okay, back up, give her space," Darren came into the tent and took Kitty's arm, "hey, shush, don't panic, it'll be okay, step away," he tried to gently pull her away from the woman, his military training coming to the fore.

Anna: "I think it's her mutation, it's not your fault, kitty....." Anna kept her hand in contact with the woman, trying to calm her down.

Lorna: As she looked over to Anna the woman was also able to see her hand and screamed again as enough skin had fallen away that she had lost fingers the rest of her hands were soon following.

Kitty: Kitty let Darren lead her back some. "I was only trying to help.." she whispered and nodding to Anna.

Jay: Jay kept his head down and headed back to his patient, picking up the syringe blankly to take a sample. Death, a tranformation, beginning of the old...Tower, destruction... The doctor's hand closed on his, though, and he looked up in time to see the patient convulsing. He bit his lip, dropping the syringe - the temperature around them was rising and he grabbed cool cloths. Blisters came up on the man's skin.

Darren: "hey, you are helping," Darren tried to soothe her over the shrieks, "Why don't you go out for a moment and see the kids? They're cute," he tried to prompt her even as he saw what was happening to the poor woman, fuck ... poor creature probably didn't stand a chance.

Jay: The man convulsed violently a couple of times, no screaming like the woman and then stopped, suddenly, horribly. Jay hunted frantically for a pulse, his plastic gloves melting onto the guy's skin, and looked up at the doctor, who shook his head, pulling his hands away and pulling a sheet up.

Anna: Anna watched helplessly as the woman was disappearing before her. She wanted to help, to heal her somehow but she got the feeling it was too late...

Rogue: Rogue did her best to ignore all of the screaming, trying to keep the other patients calm as they were curious what was going on. A few of them had already figured it out though and knew it was just a matter of time.

Bobby: There was a huge ruckus going on in the tent. Bobby nearly dropped the boxes he was carrying to the doctor's station. Instead, he poked his head in the tent - then immediately regretted it.

Wade: Wade stared at the woman who practically disintegrated wiht all the bits coming off her. Now that's a party trick you can't do twice. "Hush you, this is serious business."

J: J looked over as he finished cleaning up after his latest patient, tears slowly ran down his cheeks as he moved to the next one, trying to postpone the enevitable.

Kitty: "I never watched anybody die." Kitty stared owl eyed at the woman on the bed, screaming and writhing. She heard Darren say something, but couldn't understand him for a second. Then she nodded. "I'll give you guys some room."

Jay: "Oh god...oh god..." The doctor still had his hands in one of his as the sheet went over the man's face. "No, dere has to be something -" He stared at the sheet, becoming stained with blood and puss from the body under it. "Oh no...no..." He sank to the floor, the doctor beside him, rubbing his shoulder.

Lorna: As the woman finally couldn't scream any more Lorna came into the tent, looking alarmed. "Is everyone okay?"

Bobby: "Well, okay is relative, babe." Bobby gave her a look and set the boxes down. Why was it so hot in there. Hotter than it even had been, which was saying something. He cooled the air and looked around.

Jay: "It's meant t' be easier, when y've already seen someone go..." He didn't even know what he was saying any more. He hiccuped, staring up at the bed as the doctor tried to peel the melted gloves off his burnt hands.

Anna: Anna chewed her lip, she had to be impressed at her level of control - she was still able to keep the woman calm -ish, despite everything.

Rogue: Rogue stopped as she saw Jay crumbling to the floor. She looked at the bed he was next to and took a shuddering breath. This was too real... Too close to home. She swallowed hard and forced tears away as she went over to him, hugging him as best as she could from behind, what with his wings and all.

Lorna: "Maybe I should reword it to 'is everyone okay that I would have to write a letter to their parents explaining how I lost them in Africa'." She muttered quietly, looking over to Bobby. "Thanks..."

Kitty: Kitty felt a blast of frigid air and gave a sigh in spite of herself. This was like a nightmare.

Darren: Darren grimaced, they didn't even have any curtains to give the dead some dignity, he glanced between Jay and Kitty then squared his shoulders, going over to the doctor dealing with the dead man "Do you want me to take the body out?" he asked in a low voice, "I'm guessing you have a tent for the cadavers?"

Wade: "Wow, the symptoms are unsettling familiar to those that are in the school and perhaps even a bit more advanced. Wish we knew about this sooner. But we didn't. We only found out now." Wade said rather dramatic.

Lorna: There was nothing left of the woman to take out save for the pile of peeled flakes of flesh now.

J: J's skin goosebumped as a cool breeze cut through the hot air. The tempature adjustment feeling much better than the unforgiving heat. He looked over the next patient, taking vitals and samples, finally a patient that was not on the verge of death.

Jay: Jay didn't realise there was anyone touching him, feeling the same cold, numb blankness close over him that he'd had when Jill died. "Gotta keep movin'." He shrugged off the person behind him. "Need more gloves."

Bobby: Bobby gave Wade a sharp look and Lorna a mumble, then put down his load of boxes.

Kitty: "Can I help you with the boxes?" Kitty mumured to Bobby. She couldn't stay there anymore.

Rogue: Rogue stood as he shrugged her off and handed him a pair of gloves from the nearest cart, "Here."

Jay: He stood, taking the gloves and moving to the station, picking up another kit, ignoring the doctor trying to look at his burnt hands (he'd had worse). Had to keep doing something, had to keep busy even if it was just digging a grave.

Darren: At the doctor's nod Darren wrapped the body in the stained blanket and carried it carefully past the others out to the tent he'd been directed too, not like it was the first time he'd had to carry cadavers to tents after all ... he'd been kinda stupid to believe he'd never have to again.

Bobby: "Sure, Kitty-cat." He gave her a slight smile and held the tent flap door open for her.

Anna: Anna sighed heavily and went to get a cart with some fresh sheets for the bed and a bin to dispose of the other sheets and what was left of the woman.

Rogue: Rogue looked around and took a shuddering breath. Sam would be fine. He wasn't near as bad as the people here. And beyond that, he had proper medical equipment with better care than these people had unfortunately. He would be fine. She let out a slow breath and noddded before moving to try and help more people. He would be fine.

Lorna: "Yeah, stay out here...we're probably going to have to fly back soon so we can report back." She half mumbled to Kitty. "I've all ready loaded what we needed on the jet."

Kitty: Kitty gave a truly grateful smile to Bobby and walked outside, the heat and sun now more welcomed than the cool inside of the tent.

Anna: Anna pulled the old sheets off the bed and began to replace them with fresh ones, at least the next patient wouldn't have to know what had happened.

Jay: Jay shrugged off the doctor, keeping his wings tucked tight against him despite the heat, pushing sweat-slicked hair back as he numbly carried on taking samples. He couldn't help these people, his healing was for his own body and not theirs. The next one was a woman, as far gone as the man that he didn't look at her face at all.

Rogue: The chill in the tent finally hit her and she looked around, glad to see Bobby was back. She gave him a small wave and a weak smile as she settled to give a patient a tiny bit of water.

Jay: Treat them as already dead, that way it wasn't so bad. All they were were dummies in the DR. All this was, was more training.

Darren: Darren came back around the tent and saw Kitty standing outside and gave her a smile, "Hey ... I would ask are you okay, but I'm guessing that'd be a really dumb question?"

Bobby: "Well, seems like all that's left then is kind of shufflng boxes, babe. It'd be good if everybody had somewhere to sit too...." He picked up a box marked Albus Rex Industries and poked at the contents.

Lorna: "Oh good, more siringes?" Lorna looked at the box expectantly. "That's what I came out to find before the screaming."

Kitty: Kitty nodded and began moving the boxes around. She opened the one marked syringes and handed it to Lorna. "Here, need more?"

Jay: Jay put another vial in the box, hands shaking violently as he looked into the face of a girl with the same sort of look as Jill (only not blue). "A-Ah need t' take a break." He hiccuped. The doctor nodded in understanding and he peeled off blood-stained gloves and stumbled outside into the heat.

Lorna: "Yeah, thanks Kitty." Lorna took the box and headed on to the back of the station. That way she could finish the blood samples for here.

Darren: Oh good, she just wanted to get on with things, he sucked at inspirational speeches, "Hey Jay?" he nodded at the winged mutant, "you okay?"

Jay: Jay fumbled in a pocket, bringing out a packet of cigarettes and dropping them with a stream of swearwords. Picking them up quickly, he managed to pull one out and light one despite how badly his hands were shaking. "Fine."

Bobby: His box wasn't syringes exactly, it was little sharp pokey things, like he'd seen diabetics use on those commercials with Wilford Brimley.

Rogue: Rogue finally stopped a doctor who was just doing a surviellance of the patients and asked him if everyone here was a mutant, even the people who looked like regular humans. He told her yes and she gave him a brief nod and thanks and moved to the next person. That wasn't good.

Anna: Anna continued to remake the beds that were now empty then stepped out to take a break. She sat down and prodded the ground with a finger.

Darren: "Yeah, just try not to set your nose on fire okay?" He grabbed some of the boxes, "We got everything we needed, teaches?"

Jay: Jay nodded absently, staring at the dusty ground, the pain of his hands not registering as he rubbed the burnt palms and fingers carefully. The man hadn't screamed, just...gone. Like Jill. Another he'd taken a sample from died not a minute after. This was like his nightmares of the sewers.

Kitty: Keeping to her work and sweat rolling down her face and soaking her shirt. She sorted the boxes by size, supply, alphabetically and in order of need. Anything to keep her mind off the poor woman hanging onto her and the layers of skin peeling off her. Kitty didn't thnk she was going to sleep well again for a long time.

J: J checked a few more patients, giving medication and emergency care for each as needed before standing and stretching, his back sore from bending over for so long. He looked around the tent and saw most everyone had headed outside, so he followed suit and stepped back out into the heat.

Jay: Five of swords. Death. Hermit. Death. Tower. Death. Lovers. Death. He dropped his cigarette again, picking it up before it went out. My god...

Lorna: Lorna ducked back out with the others, straightening up and popping her back. "There'll be more chances to come over for longer trips if you're interested probably." She told them lamely, not really sure how many would volunteer to go through this again. "We were just supposed to check that they were being treated as well as they could by the staff. I think we can tell Xavier that the staff's doing their best."

Rogue: Rogue moved almost automatically between people, giving them what they needed in order to be more comfortable. It wasn't like they were really going to be able to help them survive anyway... Not now.

Jay: "Count me in." Jay said quietly.

Darren: "Yeah, at least they're reasonably comfortable ... maybe next time we should bring some blinds or something though," he suggested.

Lorna: "That would be a good idea." Lorna nodded slowly.

Kitty: "Maybe fans or something..." Kitty answered weakly. Not like it was going help, but it might make them a little more comfortable while they waited to die.

Lorna: She smiled over at Jay. That was good to hear.

J: "I'll come. Just pack some 5 hour energy drinks." He sat on a crate, tired and sore and a little bit hungry. "I got the thoughts from the head man, can give them over to Professor McCoy or Xavier, they can know first hand how things are here..."

Anna: "I'll come back." Anna told Lorna, "I feel like I should." She stood up, running her hand through her hair before tying it back again. "Going back inside..."

Lorna: "There we go then. And we've got some samples for McCoy anyway so that should help his lab work along."

Jay: Jay stayed staring at the ground, cigarette in between his lips and still rubbing his hands. "Dere's gotta be something we can do." His voice was thick. "Dey're all mutants. We gotta be able to help 'em..."

Lorna: She nodded. "Not for too much longer though, Anna. We've got to be airborn again soon." Lorna said relunctantly.

Wade: Wade ran over to the group, "Okay, people, I'm about to close a deal of a lifetime with a dude back there. I can get two cows and a goat, I just need someone to bear him a child, preferably the one bearing is a girl, but if a dude wants to try, I'm sure he won't notice until it's too late. What do you say?" Wade asked.

Lorna: "We're not putting two cows and a goat on the jet, Wade."

Anna: Anna got back to work, wanting to do as much as she could before they had to go again. She smiled back at one of the doctors as she pulled on some more gloves and headed back to the patients.

Kitty: Kitty looked up at Wade. "What??"

Jay: Jay breathed out a cloud of smoke, finally looking at his hands, blistered and raw from the first guy, bits of melted glove still attached. In places, there were even cracks from the heat. "...Ow..."

Rogue: Rogue stopped and looked around once she had gone down all of the rows of people. There wasn't much else she could do. She made her way outside and sat down, ready to go home and back to Sam. Even though she wasn't sure she wanted to tell him what they found here...

Wade: "Aww nutbags. Fine. but if you wake up in the morning and need milk for your coffee and the only milk available is in an udder, the joke will be on you." Wade said and went back to say nay to the other guy.

Bobby: Waving away the cigarette smoke that had invaded his space, Bobby looked up from his boxes. Jay was 'ow'ing, so he looked harder. "Dude! Did the doctor see that?"

J: J looked over at Jay, and the small stream of smoke. "Hey buddy, can I bum... I mean... Never mind...." He caught himself. The doctor must smoke. J reminded himself, he did not.

Jay: Jay looked up, eyes blank as he stared at Bobby. "Uuuh...no...it's just started hurtin'...Ah didn't notice..."

Lorna: "Anna can take care of it when she's back out?" Lorna asked Jay.

Jay: "No...no...Ah'll be fine...had worse..."

Bobby: Noticing the look on his face, Bobby straightened and went over to him, taking one of Jay's had to inspect it. "Yeah, I think she better...." He cooled the skin a little.

Jay: Jay blinked as the burning cooled a little. "I-it was off...one of...Ah mean...he got hot." He trailed off lamely.

Bobby: "Yeah, but .... your skin's broken. Um, there could be infection." Of several kinds. "I think Anna better take a look at that..."

Lorna: "Bobby's got a point." Lorna wanted to cringe. He had a very good point.

Jay: "But Ah heal." Jay swallowed.

Kitty: Kitty looked at her own arm and hand. No broken skin. Thank God.

Bobby: "How about we not take a chance, dude?" He tried to give Jay a reassuring smile.

Anna: Anna wished there was more she could do for the people she was tending to. She carried water over and gave exta pillows, medicine and anything else they asked for while she wonded how long it'd be til they had to go.

Lorna: Lorna was checking her watch. Actually it was that time. She peeked in, seeing if she could see Anna.

Jay: "Whatever y' say, Bobby." Jay murmured blankly, not quite focusing on him properly.

J: Feeling exhaused J made his way to the plane, "I'm going to take a nap untill we leave... I do not feel so good..." He said quietly to the group before heading back up the road to the plane.

Bobby: Bobby resisted making a fried chicken comparison, since Jay looked on the edge of sanity anyway.

Wade: Wade walked by, "Man,what smells like KFC?"

Anna: Anna saw Lorna come in as she spooned some medicine into one of the patient's mouths. "Time to go?"

Rogue: Rogue looked up as J left, thinking that might be a good idea for her as well. She stood and brushed her pants off, leaving the group behind without a word.

Bobby: The corner of Bobby's mouth quirked at Wade's comment. "I think Dee went to fetch Anna, so just sit tight."

Lorna: "Yeah, it's time." She nodded, ducking her head out again. "Right, we've got to head back." She looked properly. Looks like some people all ready were.

Kitty: "The plan... I think that's a good idea. I'm done with boxes..." Kitty excused herself and followed Rogue and J.

Anna: Anna nodded, said goodbye to the doctors and her patient then picked up her bag and followed Lorna out. "When are we coming back?"

Jay: Jay just nodded, going back to rubbing his hands, finishing his cigarette. Just like Jill, no words, no fuss. He sniffed. "Think Ah'm gonna fly to d' plane...wanna be alone." He murmured, stretching out his wings.

Lorna: "There will be flights set up when we have enough people interested in coming over again." She nodded. "From there you can figure out a date that works for everyone."

Bobby: "Yo, dude, but....fuck." Bobby frowned at Jay's departure. "Dammit."

Anna: "Can it be soon?" Anna wanted to stay, "They really need help...."

Lorna: "We'll get him on the plane." Lorna nodded, walking faster this time now that she was sure of the way.

Bobby: "Yeah... they do," he answered Anna. "I'm sure as soon as Chuck can arrange something else, he will."

Anna: "I'll come, I don't care when it is.... even if it's Christmas. I'll come..." She hated feeling this helpless. She should be able to do more... especially with her mutation.

Lorna: "Good to fly us back, Bobby?" Lorna asked as she stepped up into the plane. "My floating skills are good but that was a long bathroom trip you had there. Quit eating burritos before we fly." She smirked, turning on the inflight television for the news.

Bobby: "Okay. I'm sure we'll be talking about it in the staff meetings, so we can get back here, or somewhere similar." He headed up the ramp and stuck out his lower lip. "But it was tasty..." He headed for the pilot's chair.

Jay: Jay circled down as he spotted the plane, landing on the ramp and heading for a seat way at the back where he probably wouldn't be bothered. He curled up, wrapping his wings around himself in a cocoon. He didn't want to be bothered. Not now.

Kitty: Kitty sat down next to J. He was already out like a light. She sat in the cool air conditioning and was soon dozing as well.

Anna: Anna sat down in her seat and strapped herself in. Now she knew what she wanted to do. When she got her degree she was going back there for good.

Rogue: Rogue looked up as people came one the plane then put her head back down on her pulled up knees. She had her gloves in her lap and she was toying with her 'commitment' ring. She didn't like thinking what this meant for Sam.

Lorna: Lorna just grinned at Bobby. The television clicked on behind her. '-ports of cases world-wide. Dr. Hastings, what can you tell us about this 'Legacy Virus'?' The picture switched to a man, mid-40s and balding, whitecoated with an Albus Rex nametag clipped neatly on the pocket.

[Edited on 13-12-2009 by Slarti]

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by Slarti]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/13 Game: We are the World...

Post by Slarti »

Man >< Read what I missed and how sad.