11/6 Instance: You'll Be Hearing From My Lawyer

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

11/6 Instance: You'll Be Hearing From My Lawyer

Post by Ferguson »

Before (insert Game name)

Xavier: Xavier woke up with a start, looking around at his office as if he didn't remember how he had come in but cleared his throat and wiped away the bit of drool that had started at the corner of his mouth. What had woken him up? Oh-ringing, there's the phone.

Xavier: "Hello?" He rubbed his hand over his face, wiping the sleep from his eyes.

Cassandra: "Hello. Is this Charles Xavier?" Cassandra said on the other line.

Xavier: "Yes, yes, Charles Xavier speaking. What can I do for you?" He pushed himself closer to the desk, curious now.

Cassandra: "Well, my name is Cassandra Nova and I am calling to inform you that my lawyers will be in touch with you within the next few days."

Xavier: "Regarding what business?" Charles was awake now, trying to remember which student had gotten arrested or something this time.

Cassandra: "This is regarding your estate inheritance. And to be more specific the ownership of it." Cassandra said with a smirk on the othe line.

Xavier: "I'll have you know the Xavier family has owned this property for years." his voice was verging on outraged but Xavier was not going to lose his temper over a phone. "Who are you?"

Cassandra: "Well, as I said before, I am Cassandra Nova. I also know that the property has been owned by the Xavier family for years, but that doesn't mean another member of the family doesn't deserve the property."

Xavier: "I don't know what your geneaologist told you but I was the last after my father died. I inhereted the deed to the property once I was of age. Are you some relative of my step father's? How did you even get this number?"

Cassandra: Cassandra simply chuckled. "No, I am not a relative of your step father. I am actually your sister Charles. And as I said my lawyers will be in touch about your estate inheritance and about my rightful ownership of the property."

Xavier: Charles took a moment to just absorb the absolute nerve of that statement. "There is no such person and, whoever you are, you are not going to leach my home away from me."

Cassandra: "Oh I assure you Charles I very much do exist. Did our parents never inform you of the child they abandoned?"

Xavier: Charles made a dismissive noise to illustrate just how preposterous this entire conversation was. "I would advise you to save money and fire your lawyer before we start things because this fairy tale is not going to go far."

Cassandra: "Well that would be the case if it wasn't true. How would your students like to know there are some skeletons in your closet brother, as well as one on the schools grounds."

Xavier: "...how do you know about us?"

Cassandra: "I'm your family Charles. I think I have a right to know what is going on in my brothers life." Cassandra said with a smirk.

Xavier: "I asked how." Charles' lip curled. He knew the telepathic wards of the school were still up. He was keeping the public as confused about what this place was as he could manage.

Cassandra: "I have my methods." Cassandra said with a smile.

Xavier: "All as full of holes and stories as what you have cooked up on this call, I would imagine."

Cassandra: "You don't believe me, but that's fine. I assure you Charles I would not be going through with this venture if it wasn't the absolute truth."

Xavier: "You want to destroy what I've created here. That is what you're after."

Cassandra: "I never said I wanted to destroy what you had created."

Xavier: "Then you are wasting both of our time."

Cassandra: "I don't believe I am. I said I didn't want to destroy what you created. That doesn't mean I should be denied any ownership."

Xavier: "This is not your home. It is theirs. Good bye Miss Nova and I would suggest neither you nor your lawyers call here."

Cassandra: "Oh I beg to differ Charles. That property rightfully belongs to me."

Xavier: "You will find the will and the papers for the property say otherwise."

Cassandra: "Well that is why I have lawyers Charles. They are going to help set the record straight."

Xavier: "The record is straight that this is my home and my school. You'll not set foot here and take that away."

Cassandra: "Well I believe I do have a legal right to do so, and I intend to do just that."

Xavier: Charles didn't even bother to refute the ridiculous claim. He forcefully plunged the phone back into its cradle, pushing away from the desk. He didn't have the time fo day to deal with these crazy claims, not when he was all ready dealing with the claims and rumours that were going through the school. He might be sleeping all the time if you listened to the students but he knew the things that were being said. Trust was being questioned and he would be damned if he wasted time on this ridiculous claim when he had that to take care of.