6/2 Game: It Puts the Malice in the Box or Else...

Read our full Game transcripts here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

6/2 Game: It Puts the Malice in the Box or Else...

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

timeline: Friday, April 3rd

Toxic: Adam stared into his glass. "I told you we should have been at my club for this..."

Darren: "If we'd gone to your club we wouldn't have been able to hear anything," Darren said moodily, necking his beer and adding the empty bottle to the forest in front of him.

Lorna: "Is it even open this early?" Lorna asked, frowning at the reports in front of her. "So, Kevin slipped me the notes from the security test. Have you all gotten the jist of it?"

Jessica: Jess nodded and rolled her eyes as another guy eyed her. She shifted closer to the others. Oh how she hated bars.

Illyana: Illyana sat down in an empty seat beside Jessica, a bit out of breath. "I'm here! What did I miss?"

Darren: "Nothing much yet, Ruskie," Darren shrugged, "Can I get you anything?"

Laura: Laura was far more interested in looking around the bar than the meeting they were supposed to be having, making a slight face as someone walked by. Everything in the building smelled.

Toxic: "I have keys, I can make it be open for us." He looked at his copy. "Yeah, yeah, I got it. No holes besides the air, insider...we've been had from the beginning." He huffed. "Damnit, I want tomato juice."

Jessica: Jess gave Illyana a smile, smirking a little at the look on the guy's face because she'd conveniently blocked his view.

Lorna: "So, the question is, who is our insider?" Lorna sighed, trying to wrap her head around it. "...and also, is it Malice?"

Illyana: "Oh um, just some water with lemon for me please."

Darren: "Tomatoe juice and water and lemon, gotcha," Darren got up to his feet, "do you think it's Malice? You're our expert on her after all," he asked as he passed Lorna.

Lorna: "We've seen all of the Marauders outside of her...It makes me wonder." She admitted, pulling a face at the idea of being an expert on Malice.

Jessica: "Well would we know if we'd seen her if she's hitchhiking in someone's brain?" Jess asked, prodding an icecube in her drink with the straw.

Laura: At the mention of Malice, she turned her attention back to the others, frowning. "I am not very familiar with her."

Illyana: Illyana eyed the group. She was positive that she was the only person immune to that power. How could she trust all of them? They could be manipulated.

Darren: Darren returned and slid the drinks over, "Well that's the problem isn't it, you don't exactly see her," he put his fresh bottle to his lips.

Lorna: "Well, first step first. Emma, are any of us Malice?" Lorna sat back from the papers, closing the file.

Emma: Emma gave Lorna a smirk. "No, made sure of that as soon as I got to this little meeting... just in case."

Illyana: Illyana took a sip of her drink, thinking. What if Emma was Malice?

Toxic: "Yeah...I mean a telepath could tell when I was possessed, pretty sure they could see Malice too." He took the tomato juice, namming the straw a little. Why had he ordered it? He couldn't drink anything with flavour...

Jessica: "How do we know Emma's not Malice?" Jess asked suddenly.

Illyana: Illyana blinked at Jess. "Stop thinking what I'm thinking."

Lorna: "We don't." Lorna frowned, reaching over and grabbing Emma's arm. "No, no Malice to pull out."

Jessica: "Sorry, had to ask." Jess shrugged. She wasn't sorry. Always better to check.

Darren: "And we're pretty certain she can't possess inorganic matter, so I'm in the clear as well as Cess, so I guess we're green."

Toxic: Adam sighed, sitting back a little. "Well, in the good news at least we did kinda kick seven shades of ass when we checked out that lead..." He pulled a face. "So we might not've found out who the mole is, but we've got to have slowed them a little, right?"

Darren: Mmmm, the less said about that lead the better in Darren's opinion, "Maybe, let's look at this logically. This whole Apocalypse shit must have been planned for a long time, and there's some very clever strategy involved."

Jessica: "So when we find the mole we can ask them all about it."

Laura: She went back to people watching, making sure to split her attention between that and what was being said. Her brow furrowed slightly as she carefully chose her words, "Obviously, Dr. Essex and him would pick somebody to possess that has a decent amount of knowledge as to how you all operate."

Toxic: "Well no shit, man." Adam snorted. "They took the time to plant someone, and there's some serious brainwashing too, right?" He nodded to Laura warily.

Darren: "If by 'ask' you mean 'interrogate' then sure, but we can work out a lot of it by logic and process of elimination."

Lorna: "So someone who's been here a while or is staff...maybe it was even Dr. McCoy and that was why he was taken. The mole might not even be here anymore."

Laura: "I do not think it was him," she shook her head.

Darren: Darren shook his head, "No, if I was running that crazy shit, I'd want to keep an eye on us. Make sure we never get too close, fed us false info, shit like that."

Illyana: "Then who else is most likely?"

Jessica: "Who would you put your money on?" Jess looked at Laura.

Lorna: "Has anyone been acting strangely? I mean, any more than the situation we're in would explain?"

Laura: She frowned, "I do not have any money... and if I did, I would not put it on anybody..."

Toxic: "Before anyone says anything, I always act like this..."

Jessica: Jess facepalmed. "I don't mean literally... it's a figure of speech... if you had to guess based on what you know... who would you pick?"

Darren: "We should also consider how she got into the school," Darren scratched his chin thoughtfully, "I'd bet my last dollar she was in before the abductions, figuring out her entry route might give us a big clue."

Jessica: "Well that all happened right after I got here so.... I can't help you there...."

Illyana: Illyana eyed Adam. "Which is why you'd be a prime suspect Adam... nobody would suspect."

Toxic: "Need to figure who she's in first, Darren." Curiousity finally overcame wariness and he took a sip of the tomato juice - just a tiny one. Ooooh...okay, that was...nice, so long as he kept it to small sips.

Laura: "Oh..." Laura shook her head, "I do not know. I do not know anyone well enough to judge whether they are acting strangely or not..."

Toxic: Adam giggled at Illyana. "This is really true...'cept I'd possibly be acting more normal and being all...you know...sensible. Until she forgot my pills..."

Darren: "Okay, let's go over the facts. Fact, she's always worked for Essex, what were our dealings with Essex's mad science experiments before the abductions?"

Darren: "You don't suppose maybe she hiked in on one of those little freaky animals did you?"

Toxic: "Can she...you know...latch on an animal?"

Jessica: Jess glanced over at the bar again, there was a group of them now. She frowned. "Excuse me, I have to go and scare the shit out of some people..." she got up.

Illyana: Illyana glanced at Jess, then to where she was looking. She shivered a bit and looked back at the group. "So basically we don't know. We don't have a clue. All we can do is speculate."

Laura: "You did have two Marauders locked in the basement," she pointed out, adding, "Possibly three."

Wither: Kevin burst in to the bar. "Sorry, I got lost!"

Lorna: "No, she wouldn't do too well in animals." Lorna shook her head, looking up as Kevin came in. "Hey, we're just talking about the findings you gave to me about the security report, possible mole stuff."

Wither: "Ah, good." He found a spot to sit. "Have you narrowed it down? It's not me, right?"

Darren: "So she must have been hiding in one of the Marauders, who had access to them? She has to jump through touch, right?"

Lorna: "Emma, is it Kevin?" Lorna asked, turning to their handy-dandy telepath.

Emma: Emma looked at Kevin up and down. "Nope. All clear."

Jessica: The guys at the bar scattered and retreated to the other end of the room. Jess sighed and headed to the restroom.

Lorna: "It's sort of like testing for brain STDs, you know."

Darren: "Only with less penis umbrellas."

Wither: "If she can jump through touch---then it can't be me, oh good. I'm glad it's not me." Kevin smiled in relief, then bit his lip, trying to think of someone who could possibly be the mole. "What about Dr. Summers? He touches people...in a medical sense."

Illyana: Illyana made a face. Must he be so crude?

Darren: "Scott would fit the bill, he's been at the school for ages and has lots of access ..."

Laura: "It would make sense."

Lorna: "Okay, so Scott goes on the list of people to check, who else?"

Illyana: "I don't think it is Dr. Summers... I work with him for my classes. But I suppose checking would be a good idea anyway."

Jessica: Jess returned from the restroom, slightly damp looking because she'd splashed some water on her face to dampen the pheromones. She retook her seat. "Any other telepaths should go on the list too. Because, surely Xavier would notice if Malice was in a student's head?"

Darren: "I would say McCoy but he's gone ... who's not here but spends a lot of time in the med lab? I would say Noriko but she's too much of a newbie to be useful I think."

Wither: "Does that include Professor Xavier too?" Kevin said, squirming in his seat.

Jessica: "Of course it does." Jess sipped her drink.

Lorna: "True, I'd hate to think about it...but Xavier would be useful to take over. Not a lot of us talk to him all that much so we wouldn't notice many out of character conversations and Malice would be able to use him to report back."

Laura: Laura nodded in agreement, "He would likely be the best choice."

Wither: "But he's so nice!"

Jessica: "It's creepy that he can be reading our minds all the time."

Illyana: "I think that would be creepy." Illyana tried to sympathize.

Emma: "Well let's be logical here. If I was going to be in a school with a few telepaths around I personally would want to squat in a mind that could possibly hide from detection. Xavier makes a lot of sense." Emma said with a shrug.

Darren: "I can't see him touching the Marauder's though ... but I agree, if it was me, I would have gone for the top too."

Lorna: "Everything with Malice is creepy." Lorna said rather resolutely. "Everything." She nodded though, agreeing with what was going on. "Is there anyone else worth suspecting? It wouldn't have to be one of them he touched, after all. She might've just grabbed someone on the street."

Lorna: "Or rode one of us in and we weren't aware of it."

Wither: "I am officially really creeped out now."

Laura: "Does it really matter how she got in?" Laura asked, eyebrow raised, "I would think that would be the least of our concerns, if she is still around."

Jessica: "I've been creeped out since I got here so welcome to the club."

Jessica: "And I'm with Laura. We can ask her how she got it when we find her. I think we should just work out where she is for now."

Illyana: "So who can sum this up? I think I am getting lost."

Laura: "Our suspects are Dr. Summers or Professor Xavier," Laura summarized.

Jessica: "As a doctor you'd expect Summers to wear gloves... wouldn't that stop Malice?"

Illyana: "I still do not think it is Dr. Summers."

Lorna: "Well, he doesn't wear gloves all the time. She could have touched any bit of him, too." Lorna downed her beer in preparation for what might be ahead. The last thing in the world she wanted to deal with would be Malice.

Darren: "... Wait, she can hitch a ride without you even noticing? Oh man, that's messed up!"

Lorna: "If she doesn't talk to you or take control there's no real way you'd know she was in there." Lorna shrugged. "I don't know that she's done it but I could imagine she would be able to."

Jessica: Jess didn't like the sound of that. "It's times like this that I think it'd be nice to be able to get drunk...."

Illyana: Illyana patted her friend's arm a bit. She was so very thankful for her power.

Lorna: "Getting drunk's fabulous. Sometime we'll break out some of the inhibitor patches and take you out." Lorna laughed, pulling herself up from her seat. "Right, shall we head back?"

Wither: "Inhibitor patches? And wait, wait wait - what are we going to do when we get back? Are we going to check for this Malice thing?"

Darren: Darren drained his drink, "I guess so, though I'm not looking forwards to this, if she's got Chuckle's psychic powers this could turn bad fast."

Jessica: Jess shook her head at Lorna's suggestion, "No I already asked about them and I don't want one...."

Illyana: "We need a plan."

Emma: "Isn't it going to be we all go back, find the suspects, and I have a poke around to see if anything seems fishy?" Emma said getting up from her chair.

Illyana: "Right but THEN what?"

Lorna: "Yeah, it can turn very bad..." She nodded, remembering how things had went straight to hell last night. This whole Apocalypse thing had pretty much went straight down there. "Well, as we drive up, Emma, we're going to need you to see if you can sense anything, yes."

Lorna: "Then we need to corner whoever it is so Malice cannot get away from us...we're going to need something to hold her in...Darren, can you work Danger around to hold her?"

Jessica: "What are we going to do then though? Take her out? Where will we put her?" Jess frowned.

Illyana: "Can we put her in a jar?"

Darren: "I should be able to pull that off, is anyone else here immune to all psychic abilities?"

Illyana: Illyana raised her hand a bit. "I think I am... it's kind of new to me. I didn't know I had it."

Wither: "I can go to ops and be the eyes."

Darren: "Emma, can you psychically communicate with Illyana?"

Emma: Emma shook her head. "All I get from her is silence."

Lorna: "So we're going to have to keep her occupied while not touching whoever she's in. Can you all handle that?"

Laura: "Touching skin-to-skin, correct?" Laura asked. She was fairly sure it couldn't be that hard to corner a man in a wheelchair.

Darren: "Awesome, if it is Chuck then Ruskie and I got it covered," Darren smiled, "Letting Danger know about our plan now."

Jessica: Jess hoped she wouldn't have to use her pheromones again. The last time had been awkward enough.

Wither: "I might be better to keep Malice occupied - I have no skin exposed to touch. but...if she controls people, can she control someone's powers?"

Lorna: "She most certainly can."

Sean: Slamming his beer down on the table, Sean slid into the nearest empty seat ", looking for a distraction?"

Wither: "I...think I'll stay in ops, then. Wouldn't want me running around naked...with her inside me...that came out so wrong."

Jessica: Jess eyed Kevin a little then couldn't help laughing.

Laura: Laura's head tilted in confusion. That had made sense to her, as they were talking about possession. She didn't see what was funny about it.

Lorna: "...Sure thing, Sean, you can scream Malice mad." Lorna chuckled slightly, both at him and the warning Kevin gave. "Right, Wither is our eye in the sky, Emma tells us where to go and if it is Malice we've got a place to put her."

Jessica: "Wait scream?" she looked between Lorna and Sean. "No he can't."

Laura: "I am sure we could stop for earplugs on the way back," she reasoned.

Darren: "Sure he can, we'll pick you up some earplugs on the way."

Jessica: "They won't help."

Laura: "They are better than nothing, are they not?"

Sean: Sean pouted ", no one likes it when I use my powers....you guys know I can direct it so it doesn't hurt any of you, yeah?"

Darren: "We'll get you the fancy ones that people wear to metal concerts."

Lorna: "You're also our evac for everyone who can't fly in case this really goes south...are we set then?"

Darren: "I don't mind you using your power, I roomed with Jay for a year, he could make sound bullets."

Jessica: "I have extremely sensitive ears, Sean. It's nothing against you.... just against being temporarily deaf."

Darren: "Ready and willing, Boss," he gave Lorna a salute.

Lorna: Lorna grabbed the keys and led the way out, taking a deep breath and telling herself that this isn't going to be like the first time she met Malice.

Wither: "What about the others at the school - we gonna get them out before we go?"

Laura: Laura debated the idea of earplugs and decided they were not worth it, especially not if he could control the direction of the sound. She stood and moved to trail after Lorna. "Hopefully, they are smart enough to figure things out."

Sean: "I wonder if I could do that," he pondered and smirked ", ready to be the evac. Jess, you and I are gonna have to work together more often."

Lorna: Soon enough, Lorna was pulling up to the school, still filled with a good deal of apprehension. "Emma, have you got anything?"

Darren: "-All day long I think of things but nothing seems to satisfy, Think I'll loose my mind if I don't find something to pacify-" Darren sung under his breath as they approached the school.

Emma: "She's definitely in there, but I'm having a hard time pinpointing where. Someone has some psychic defenses."

Wither: "I'll just go up to ops and look for our could-be harborers." He slipped into the school and went up to ops, thinking very hard about Bubbling Buster, his newest idea for a sculpture.

Lorna: "Well, I guess that probably narrows it down if whoever they has has enough shielding to mess with you, yeah?"

Darren: "Can you help me ... Occupy my braaaaaaaain? Oh yeeeeeeah." Darren sang, some what appropriately.

Lorna: "Darren, you're freaking me out."

Jessica: Jess exited the car and stretched. She didn't want to be in there any longer than she had to be. She hated cars.

Illyana: Illyana teleported to them, dressed for the occasion.

Emma: "I got her, she's in Xavier's office right now."

Darren: "So I guess we're all about to become veterans of psychic wars?" Darren swung himself out of the car, poking a tongue out at Lorna, he was on a real Black Sabbath kick today.

Lorna: "Okay then. Lets go." Lorna rolled out. "Emma, keep our thoughts shielded as best you can. No need to let her know we're coming."

Wither: "I've got eyes on the corridor outside his office, and on...the window to the office now."

Emma: "On it." Emma said getting out of the car and heading towards the school.

Lorna: "What's he doing in there, can you see?"

Laura: Laura silently tagged along, attempting to figure out what good she could be in this kind of situation. She had found she wasn't very good at not getting close to the enemy.

Malavier: Sitting behind his desk, Malice and Xavier were both rather at rest at the moment despite the rather harrowing things that apparently took place last night. Marauders being picked off was something Malice did find herself worrying about and the fact she missed it would not go unnoticed. Luckily, she wasn't exactly within Apocalypse's reach at the moment.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Re: 6/2 Game: It Puts the Malice in the Box or Else...

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Darren: "Danger's standing by with a containment ... thing, just let her know when you need it," Darren told Lorna.

Sean: Looking to Lorna, Sean frowned ", where do you want me, boss?"

Melati: Still poking at some of the singed patches and frayed holes in her uniform, a frown darkened Melati's expression as she ran into some of her friends on the way up from the garage. "So, how's watching the bar while I was out running into another riot," she asked. "Hope you had one on me."

Lorna: "We did." She smiled to Melati despite the other girl's frown. Lorna wanted to at least pretend she was doing well at the moment. "Up for more work?"

Darren: "You pulled riot duty today? Suuuuuuck."

Wither: "There are no cameras in private offices, professor!" Kevin said, shocked. "I can't see inside through the window very well at this angle through the cameras."

Jessica: "I can go up and take a look if you like?" Jess offered.

Lorna: "...there should be." Lorna shook her head at Jess. "Don't want them catching sight of you window peeping and be onto us before the rest of us can be up there."

Melati: "Any reason you're back already?" She looked from one to the other. "What's all the fuss about? I planned to meet you guys down at Vito's, so don't tell me you wrecked the place again?"

Jessica: "I'm always doing that, it won't look out of the ordinary." Jess gave a shrug.

Darren: "Naaah, we just think we might have figured out who's been shifty here is all," Darren told her quietly.

Lorna: "...you windowpeep at the Professor?" Lorna...did not know what to think of that so she just turned to Mel. "Time to rat out our mole...somewhere there's a wind in the willows joke there." She shook her head at herself, leading the way in and up the stairs.

Danger: "The containment device will be ready shortly," Danger informed the mutants via her radio connection. "I am making some final adjustments, as the device is highly experimental."

Jessica: "Not just him..." Jess muttered as she moved to follow Lorna.

Darren: [If it blows up with her in it, I certainly won't be too heartbroken,] Darren told Danger privately through their wireless connection.

Malavier: Malice was pulled from her reflection in Xavier as she heard footsteps approaching. That seemed like an awful lot of people to be walking towards Xavier's office.

Laura: "Do any of you ever manage to sneak up on anyone successfully?" Laura asked curiously. If the answer was yes, she found it hard to believe.

Melati: "You telling me we've got a lead on that rat?" Melati instantly arched an eyebrow, falling into a swift step next to Darren. "Hope you're not shitting me. Hey, is it too late to start a betting pool?"

Malavier: Mr. Nur, I believe there might be a situation about to unfold. She tapped into the psychic link she had created with her boss's boss.

Sean: Sean shifted from foot to foot and watched the others. "You'd be surprised what I can manage, for my powers."

Jessica: Jess nodded to Laura. She could sneak but not with these people. They never shut up.

Darren: "Fraid so, my fine, scaley friend, we're pretty sure we've narrowed it down."

Emma: "She realizes something's up. Be careful." Emma warned the others.

Jessica: Jess decided she WOULD go via the window. She slipped out of the nearest one and crawled along the wall instead.

Lorna: "At the ready, everyone." Lorna took another deep breath before shoving the doors to the office open and trapping the Professor's chair to the ground.

Wither: Kevin fiddled with some camera controls. "Ah - there we go. He's- She's looking up. Oh, hi everyone..."

Danger: [I understand your animosity, but I'm afraid the probability of a fatal malfunction are negligible,] Danger responded. [Even in the unfortunate events of a cascading failure of the electromagnetic containment field, the resulting anomaly should be severe enough to permanently damage the neurological systems of most organic beings in the surrounding area.]

Jessica: Jess opened the window to the office and crawled up onto the window ledge where she sat in a crouch.

Melati: "Well, don't keep me in suspense then," she replied, following him to the office floor. "Don't tell me it's one of the faculty. Shit, I always knew some my teachers were out to kill me."

Emma: "Alright let's see if we can't evict this little squatter." Emma said as she started a psychic attack on Malice.

Sean: Sean shifted into a ready position and grinned ", ready to go." Giving a little butt wiggle like a cat pouncing, he took off running and gave a sharp scream directed at the ground, lifting into the air."

Malavier: Malice let loose a shriek, pushing Emma back mentally and lashing out at the others with Xavier's powers. "What is the meaning of this?"

Jessica: Jess responded with a barrage of fear pheromones that she tried to direct at Xavier though she knew they'd probably hit the others too.

Emma: Emma stumbled a little. "She's definitely tapped into Xavier's power." She said letting off another blast.

Darren: [Ah, that's not good then,] Darren agreed, smirking at Xaiver, "Just plugging a hole in our security sir."

Lorna: Lorna was all ready afraid as it was so that definitely did not help her as she actually caught herself whimpering as she stumbled back from the psychic attack, trying to twist the chair around to hold down Xavier's hands.

Illyana: Illyana wasn't sure what she was supposed to do. She watched the others, unsure of what exactly she could do to help.

Laura: Laura shot a hesitant look to Jess and held back a flinch at the psychic attack.

Darren: Darren frowned at Lorna, catching her to steady her, "Oh come on lady, you should know that psychic crap doesn't work on me, just come quiet."

Melati: Feeling as if someone had tightened a nose around her brain and given it a good yank, Melati reeled when everything around her descended into chaos. Holding her head, she forced herself to look up, spotting their headmaster through the open door, and several of her teammates and other teachers upon him.

Sean: Crashing in through the window, Sean twitched a bit, sneezed and eyed the Professor. He shuddered and tried to keep hold of the fear rising up. Not a good tiiiime. He let loose a shriek.

Jessica: Jess ducked the surprise Sean, rolling off the window ledge and onto the office floor.

Illyana: "What am I supposed to do!?"

Melati: Every instinct screamed at her to turn and run, but Melati held fast, fighting the urge with the conscious part of her mind while she still could. She barely comprehended what was going on, but her pulse was pounding already.

Lorna: "Attack! Don't touch him though." Lorna wondered where Illyana had been for that portion of their talk as she tried to calm herself down.

Wither: Kevin watched in horror at the monitors. It was better that he was not there, but still - it wasn't fun watching one's friends battling it out.

Malavier: Malice let the body absorb the pheromones, pushing them onto the Xavier side of things as much as she could as she concentrated on keeping herself soundly in control. The girl who got her body all panicked would have to be taken care of so she switched her focus to Jessica, letting loose another barage on her mind.

Jessica: Jess dialed down the pheromones and was about to try a weak venom blast when the psychic attack hit.

Wither: "Could she control an unconscious body? Try to knock him out?"

Melati: "Are you guys trying to tell me our headmaster is possessed?" She shouted, trying to overcome the sound of fighting and Sean making everyone's ears ring.

Lorna: "You're serious?" Lorna looked back at Emma, really wishing they had more psychics at the moment...well, there was one way to get two.

Jessica: "Oh God! Sorry!" Jess rolled onto her front and pushed herself up. "I'm so sorry!"

Lorna: "Guys on Xavier, clear the way!" She ran forward, reaching and grabbing the Professor's neck.

Wither: "Get something heavy and hit him over the head! I cannot believe I said that about the Professor!"

Illyana: AP Illyana tackled Lorna.

Darren: "H-hold her till-till Danger get's here!" Darren ordered, trying to repair himself from the surge.

Sean: Taking off running after her, Sean let loose another directed scream, boosting into the air and tackling her.

Darren: [Danger, hurry!]

Laura: "How many of us are meant to tackle her?" Laura wondered, looking between the others.

Darren: "Em-em-emma! As soon as Danger arrives I need you to yank Malice out and shove her in-into the containment unit. And as-as many as possible to stop her from-from getting away!"

Illyana: Illyana refused with her body and worked on keeping Lorna under control.

Malorna: Mr. Nur! Definitely compromised! I am fleeing the school at the moment. Malice hissed through Lorna, blasting the projection and tapping into Lorna's powers to try and hold the others off, all of the metal bits on the Professor's desk now flying off to hit them.

Danger: [Excellent thinking, Mr Kent - let the android handle the magnetism controlling threat], Danger retorted, the radio link not nearly enough conveying her sarcasm. [Remain calm and do your super-hero routine, I'm on my way.]

Emma: Emma wiped the blood from her nose and looked over to Darren. "Right there with you." She said giving him a small smirk.

Jessica: Predictably, Jess couldn't hear anything now except ringing. She sat up and looked around for other people, ducking the metal projectiles.

Malorna: "Jesus, kid, you're fucking loud." Malice complained at Sean in Lorna's voice, wondering if she could get the hang of that reverse bloodflow trick in time.

Darren: [I'm sorry, I would come and fetch it but I-I'm a bit m-melted at the moment!] Darren snapped back.

Sean: Wrapping his arms and legs arund her, Sean held on as the metal bits of his flight suit started to tug ", thanks, lady." He screamed again to keep her off balance.

Malorna: "Oh, Laura, you'll do nicely." She laughed, concentrating on the girl to force her body to turn against her and the others.

Illyana: Illyana balled up her fist. "Sorry professor!" She punched at Lorna.

Jessica: Jess finally pulled herself up, shaking her head as the ringing became muffled voices. She moved out into the hall after the others. "Get back. I can hit her this time."

Laura: Laura started after Malice, trying to decide what was an acceptable amount of force as she popped her claws. However, her eyes widened slightly as she felt a tug, watching her arm slash at Illyana.

Illyana: "HEY!" Illyana retracted her arm, getting only grazed by the claws thankfully.

Sean: "I'm not letting go of something I've already got hold of," he growled.

Danger: "I'm almost with you," Danger announced, using the regular intercom to inform the whole team. "I will almost certainly be unable to assist you once Lorna affects me, so prepared to fetch the containment device from me." Using her projectors, she hovered to the top of the stairs, facing the confrontation.

Jessica: "Laura!" Jess looked slightly alarmed at her roommate.

Laura: "I was not trying to hit you," she informed her as she took another swipe, attempting to resist but apparently failing.

Malorna: Malice kicked off the ground, trying to bang Sean into the wall behind them.

Illyana: Illyana screamed as she was slashed at and thrown off from Lorna.

Melati: "That's some pretty awesome piercings you've got there, girl," Melati called, jumping on Laura's back and trying to immobilize her arms. "Mind if I hold them for you?"

Darren: "Illyana! Get that containment device over here! Emma, you ready to snatch!?"

Malorna: "Aw, is Lizard girl going to take my toy away?" Malice laughed again, using Laura to slash at the girl.

Sean: "Lady, do you know how I train? I jump off high things and hit the ground," he grunted and clutched harder ", gotta hit me harder." He gave a small piercing shriek.

Illyana: Illyana did what Darren said. She went for the containment device.

Jessica: Jess got closer to Lorna via the ceiling and reached out a hand. "Sorry Professor...." she gave her a small but painful shock to break her concentration.

Emma: "I'm more than ready to get rid of her." Emma said focusing her attention to Malice.

Melati: "Don't worry, I know it's nothing personal," Melati groaned, trying to ignore the pain as Laura's claws cut into her body. "Yeah, that's how you do it. Come on, I can take it."

Darren: "Then do so, yank her out and stick her in the box! Go, go go!" Darren ordered, he'd nearly finished reforming.

Malorna: Malice laughed at the shock as well. "I don't have to concentrate to stay in here, girlie." Shit, the telepath. Malice switched Laura's target to Emma as soon as she felt that tugging.

Illyana: Illyana returned with the containment device. "Move move move!"

Sean: The jolt to Lorna also gave a jolt through Sean, knocking him half off of her and yelping.

Jessica: "Do you have to be conscious? Because I can fix that." Jess narrowed her eyes.

Danger: "It's self-activating once it detect Malice' signature," Danger advised, struggling against the magnetic forcefield keeping her away from the fight.

Emma: Emma smirked at Darren, walked closer to Lorna and let off a psychic attack. "That's for making my nose bleed and pissing me off."

Malorna: Since the lizard girl didn't have anyone bothering her now though, Malice went for the girl's piercings, twisting them sharply. As Sean slid off Malice scrambled away, taking to the air as high as she could in the corridor.

Laura: Laura unwillingly moved toward Emma and threw a kick toward her head. That would hurt if it hit... Well, only for a second.

Malorna: "Nope, don't have to be conscious either, girlie, or else the last time wouldn't have been so much fun."

Sean: Twitching and blinking upwards, Sean screamed again.

Illyana: Illyana went to try and stop Laura. "Laura! Snap out of it!"

Jessica: "N- Argh!" Jess tried to stop Sean but failed and dropped off the ceiling for the second time.

Darren: Darren managed to dive forwards and knock Laura off target, "Sorry Knives."

Melati: "Holy diving motherfucker!" Melati instantly let go of Laura and stumbled backwards, holding her chest as she went down on her knees. "Low... blow..."

Malorna: The attack from Emma still hit, Laura's attack happening too late as Malice felt herself being pulled. "NO!"

Emma: Emma saw Laura approach her and shifted to her diamond form as a kick landed on her diamond head. "Sorry Laura a little busy at the moment."

Emma: Emma quickly shifted back to normal and let off one more psychic attack and pulled deep from Lorna's mind and grabbed Malice out. "Get the hell out of her." Emma said with a smirk.

Darren: "Shove her in the box! Shove her in the box!" Darren gasped, managing to return to his human form.

Laura: Laura oofed as she hit the ground, fairly impressed the kick still managed to hit. At least it didn't have the impact she had expected thanks to Emma being able to shift forms. "Before I attempt to stab the rest of you," she added.

Emma: Emma smiled and shoved Malice into the box. "Bye bye bitch."

Malorna: Malice and Lorna stumbled forward and soon was just Lorna as Malice was pulled into her new prison.

Darren: Darren pushed himself up and managed a smile at Laura, "You okay kid?"

Wither: Kevin leaped up from the chair cheering. "Go Team, GO!"

Lorna: Lorna hit the floor by the stairs, shaking her head and canceling out the things Malice had been doing with her powers. "Hey...it worked."

Jessica: Jess groaned and rolled onto her back, her eyes finding Sean. She zapped him. Hard.

Lorna: Oh god, a shower was needed. A shower and all the drinks in the world.

Emma: "Well if I couldn't get her out of your mind what kind of telepath would I be." Emma said smiling to Lorna.

Illyana: Illyana looked down at her injured arm. Pietro was going to flip.

Laura: "I do not think I am young enough to be considered a child," Laura answered, retracting her claws before getting to her feet.

Illyana: "Is everyone alright now?"

Melati: "I'm fine, too, thanks for asking," Melati grumbled, getting back to her feet. Letting go of her chest, she looked down at the bloody palms of her hands and the two distorted rings of metal.

Sean: Sean shrieked again at the zap. "N-not...h-h-helping!"

Darren: "... I'll take that for a yes," Darren rolled off her, "Good job tea-hey! Watch the zappy Jess!" He made his way over to Lorna, "You okay Boss?"

Jessica: "Payback." Jess told him, content to just lie on the floor until the ringing stopped. They were all in her eyeline so lipreading would be fine for now.

Lorna: Between the fear pheromones and the fact that Malice had been inside her again Lorna figured she was going to be needing as many bathes as drinks. "Better than last time...it worked though so there's that."

Wither: "Is everyone okay? Should I page Dr. Summers?"

Lorna: "I could use a hand up though."

Laura: "Yes, I am fine," she confirmed, rubbing at her hands.

Jessica: Jess couldn't hear Kevin.

Darren: Darren offered her his hand, "That was brave of ya, I'll bring a crate of beer over to yours this evening, sounds like a plan?"

Sean: Sitting up and twitching more, Sean groaned and shook his head ", the trick to making me not scream is to not fucking electrocute me." He twitched again.

Darren: "Yeah, I'd say so Kevin, we've got a few nasty cuts and scraps here ... and a singed Sean," he gave the boy a sympathetic look.

Jessica: "You hit me twice. Two for two. It's fair." Jess argued with Sean.

Illyana: "I need to get this stitched up. I'm glad everyone's ok." She waved, and teleported home.

Melati: "Eh, you know me, folks - I'll be fine." Melati stretched, before giving the containment thingy a closer look and a nudge. "So, she's in there now?"

Lorna: "Rum, lots and lots of rum." She laughed a bit shakily, nodding to Darren. "Jess, do you really think he did it on purpose?"

Darren: His eyes fell on Mel and he winced, "She ripped off your ... oh man, owch!"

Lorna: "...oh god I am so sorry, Mel." Oooouch, that made Lorna hurt just looking.

Emma: "I second the large amount of booze decision."

Darren: "Rum it is then," Darren made his way over to give Sean a hands up.

Sean: "That's my power, dammit. I yell real loud," he pouted and took Darren's hand, pulling himself up ", thanks."

Jessica: "It still hurt..." Jess was, as far as she was concerned, well within her rights.

Laura: "We are going back to Vito's?"

Wither: "Dr. Summers says before Vito's you all need to go down to the medlab to be checked out."

Melati: "Hey, no shit, man," Mel replied, chuckling dryly as she shot a smirk in Darren's direction. "Though, I'm more angry to have them get done again. It's hard to find someone who knows how to do that when you heal as fast as me."

Lorna: "He didn't do it on purpose though so don't act like that." Lorna snapped a little bit but then sighed. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean it like that...oh god do I need rum. Is Xavier okay?"

Jessica: "It's okay I can't actually hear your tone." Jess assured her.

Wither: "Dr. Summers is on his way up to check on him." Kevin supplied helpfully.

Darren: "... He's asleep."

Lorna: "...he's back to normal then." Lorna looked down at her hands, assuring herself the were not, in fact, peeling. "We should wheel him down to Scott."

Melati: "Heh, no worries, Prof, pretty sure I'm the only student now who can say that her teachers keep twisting her nipples and be serious about it." Chuckling again, she gave Lorna a wry smirk.

Sean: Shaking off the lingering tingle, Sean ran a hand though his hair. He peeked back into the room to check on the Professor ", d'awwww like a baby." He cooed.

Darren: "Sooo, all down to the medlab to keep Scott from throwing a hissy, then back to Vito's for victory drinks?"

Laura: "I do not think we should have to see a doctor if we can heal..." Laura frowned.

Melati: "Hey, what happens when I shake it," she asked, snatching up the containment device. "Think psychic entities get nightmares of puking?"

Lorna: "Oh, trust me, we've puked together enough that she definitely does."

Jessica: Jess finally sat up, running a hand through her hair. "I'm going to go and make sure there's been no permanent damage to my ears..."

Lorna: "Need any help down?"

Jessica: Jess shook her head, "No.... I know the way... See you later I guess..." she waved over her shoulder as she walked away.

Darren: "Danger, have we got a secure location to keep this thing in till we can figure out how to interrogate her?" Darren asked, taking the box from Mel and giving it an experimental shake as well.

Lorna: "More meant are you good to get down there on your own but there's that." Lorna sighed, rubbing her hands together as she tried to rid herself of not-really-there peeling skin.

Danger: "I should be able to find a suitable place for that," Danger commented, holding out her hand to claim the device. "I'm greatly anticipating all there is to learn from an entity such as this."

Sean: "So you're gonna keep her on your desk and poke her with the occasional stick?"

Lorna: "...can I borrow her as a paperweight sometimes?"

Darren: Darren handed it over, "I'm sure you do, let me know if you have any bright ideas," he put a friendly arm around Lorna's shoulders, "Come on Boss, let's get you check out and then stinking drunk, yeah? Maybe we'll even see if we can find a karaoke bar."

Lorna: "...anyone well enough to come you're totally invited to drunken karaoke night." Lorna looked back to the others and let loose a laugh, just sounding a bit nervous as she turned to go with Darren.

Sean: "Ooooh, that sounds fun," Sean grinned and made his way down to the medlab, occasionally twitching still.

Laura: Laura decided that would be an... experience and nodded, "I believe I would like to go."

Emma: "Why not, I could definitely use the alcohol. I'll just have to put up with the karaoke." Emma said with smirk.

Melati: "Karaoke?" Melati frowned, then eventually shrugged. "Sure, why not. Guess the night can't get much more painful."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

I'm guessing Xavier never even knew he was possessed. It was just an extra long nap. :nodyes

Also, I'm sorry I missed this. :shifty Apparently Bobby's off in a padded cell after his last mission, so he'll be thrilled to learn he needs to reset the possession safeword with Lorna again.
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

A good thing, I think I've forgotten the password. :shifty