7/21 Game: Memorial Fight

Read our full Game transcripts here!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

7/21 Game: Memorial Fight

Post by Ferguson »

<@Lorna> Lorna got up from her seat as the speech making portion of the memorial had ended and people had started milling around. "Well...hope I don't need to be prodding another statue for this little corner of the school again."

<Pietro> Pietro remained in his chair, staring at a patch of grass. Bobby should be here.

<Illyana> Illyana reached over and took her husband's hand. "Are you alright?"

<DrMcCoy> Hank shifted in his seat, already ready to just go have another lie down. The suit was itchy and the sun was hot.

<Pietro> He gave her hand a squeeze and managed a small nod.

<Illyana> Illyana offered Pietro a smile. "You should go talk to Dr. McCoy. See how he's doing." And give you something else to focus on.

<Pietro> He tore his gaze away from the ground and ran a hand through his hair, blowing out a breath. "Yeah... maybe..."

<Illyana> "No maybe. Positive." She got to her feet, keeping his hand to pull him up to go be sociable.

<DrMcCoy> He attempted to subtly scratch at the fur trapped under his collar. How did the ferals do this?!

<Selene> Selene watched most of the assembled students and teachers disperse and form smaller groups across the lawn. "We have to come here remarkably often," she agreed with Lorna, before joining Dr. McCoy. "Good to see you outside of your den, Doctor," she said. "Your lab, I mean."

<Pietro> He sighed a little and let Illyana pull him to his feet.

<Illyana> Illyana smiled at her former roommate and Dr. McCoy as she dragged Pietro over to them. "Hello Sel, Dr. McCoy."

<DrMcCoy> Hank gave Selene a long-suffering look and a small smile. "Are the flea and tick shampoo jokes next, my dear?"

<@Lorna> "If it makes you feel better, Hank, I'll make sure you get to put the cone of shame on her before she has a chance to get it for you."

<Jack> Jack felt a little out of place. Atleast there was... nope... the group he came with to the graduation already disappeared. He cursed under his breath. Probably went off to a bar or somewhere. Turn your back for one moment and blam, your alone.

<Selene> "Oh please, don't worry; I would never stoop to such a low level of humour." Selene returned the smile. "However, please feel free to tell Darren or me if you need anything. Our used bunny toys are all already reserved for Jack, though."

<DrMcCoy> Hank chuckled and whipped off his glasses for a polish as he greeted Pietro and Illyana. "And how are you two? I trust you're feeling well, Illyana? Scott's treatment more than satisfactory?" He raised a shaggy brow at Selene.

<Illyana> Illyana nodded, blushing just a bit. "He is an excellent doctor. I am doing much better now, thank you. How are you feeling?"

<Jack> Jack's one ear perked up, and he could have sworn he heard his name. He looked over to the group of teachers. Atleast that might be some company. He stepped closer to them, suspiciously eyeing the blue big McCoy one. Yeah, he had more than enough experience wit hthe other ferals to know to be wary of them. "Did I hear someone call my name?" he asked.

<Pietro> Pietro wasn't really paying attention to the actual words of the conversation. He was aware of the talking but his mind was somewhere else.

<DrMcCoy> "Oh, I'm a bouncing ball of beast," Hank smirked, pulling a handkerchief from his lapel to give his glasses a slightly awkward polish. These claws...

<Selene> "Why yes, I just mentioned how Darren and I still have some spare room in the apartment, and we played with the thought of acquiring another pet," Selene said, turning towards Jack. "We were thinking of another bunny, perhaps."

<Illyana> Illyana shuddered at the thought of being Sel and Darren's pet. She snuggled closer to Pietro, trying to keep warm despite the summer heat.

<@Lorna> "So...when are you and Darren taking off, Sel?" Lorna glanced Pietro's way for a moment but couldn't quite bring herself to address him just yet, nor look back at the marker that had been made for Teagan without thinking too much about Bobby at the moment. That was for later when everyone was gone.

<Pietro> Pietro put an arm around Illyana and tried to ignore the fact that he was uncomfortably warm.

<Jack> "Just as long you give him enough excersize and feed him each day and clean up after him, then I think there won't be any problems of keeping a new bunny." Jack said. He eyes the blue beast, "Pardon to say so, Sir, but you don't look very.... comfortable." he told Dr McCoy.

<DrMcCoy> Hank sighed. "I suppose I'm still, er, adjusting." He returned his glasses to his nose, then had to push them back up. "I had no idea fur was so... warm."

<@Lorna> "Have you tried...shaving?"

<Illyana> Illyana glanced over at the memorial sadly. She felt so badly for Teagan, which led to thoughts of Bobby. Then she felt guilty. She sitll didn't care what Lorna said: Bobby was her hero. She tried to push her attention back to talk of... shaving?

<DrMcCoy> "My dear," he started with a laugh, "I wouldn't know where to begin!"

<Selene> "It'll still be a couple of weeks," Selene replied, turning back to Lorna. "Even then, I was assured that working for Sword will not be like enlisting in the army. We might occasionally be gone for varying lengths of time, but it's not as if we plan to move out. I'll have to cut back my schedule, but there should still be enough time to maintain a part-time teaching position."

<Illyana> Giggling with Hank a little, Illyana gave him a supportive smile. She started to say something, then realized she didn't know what to say to him.

<@Lorna> "Well...I guess just one end and then to the other. I suppose you would need a lot of shaving cream though."

<Pietro> "You could try taking a leaf out of Tigra's book," Pietro offered, "Though I'm not sure how appropriate that would be when you were teaching classes."

<@Lorna> "Well, that's good news, I guess it isn't completely goodbye then."

<Jack> "Don't begin, at all." Jack warned. "I was unfortunate enough to have been pranked in into a full body shaving. By the end of hte day I was white and pink, with dots of a tissue paper with dried blood all over me. And then the next day the itching started. I'll let your imagination take over from there."

<Illyana> "I'm glad it's not a complete goodbye, Sel. You were an awesome roommate. I'd hate to never see you again."

<DrMcCoy> "Er, no, I'm afraid I don't have Tigra's assets." Jack's warning made him gape. "Oh my stars and garters... I think I'll just... have to go shopping. Adjust my wardrobe."

<Selene> "Oh no, not at all," Selene replied, a small smile playing across her lips. "I may have to take my leave from the X-Men, but that won't keep me from joining your for the occasional training session. After all, I'll have to make sure to keep our students on their toes."

<Illyana> "It also means I don't have to relabel my secret stash box." Illyana nodded seriously.

<Pietro> Pietro laughed a little and pressed a kiss to Illyana's temple.

<Selene> That brought forth a laugh from Selene. "Why yes, I assume it's still very effective."

<Illyana> "Nobody is brave enough to test the safety of them." Illyana giggled.

<Jack> "Actually, Sir, by the looks of things, I'd say you'll probably want to go just one size bigger from what you're wearing now. Mind you, if you can find a tailor, that's a big plus as well. Knew this really nice lady back in Vegas, made almost half my shirts that I still wear."

<@Lorna> "I'm sure you could at least buzz it down if you like." Lorna gave him a smile, trying not to imagine grooming shears in her mind.

<DrMcCoy> "Hmm, like a poodle cut," Hank said, giving Lorna a too-sweet smile. He smiled at Jack. "I do believe I'll take you up on that offer, my boy!"

<@Lorna> "It's better than the Chinese Crested look, I suppose..."

<Selene> "I find poodles terrifying," Selene casually stated.

<Pietro> Pietro sighed a little removing his arm from around Illyana. He was too warm now. He moved to take off his jacket and tie.

<Illyana> "I prefer my kitties. They are so snuggly." Illyana glanced at Pietro to check on him.

<@Lorna> "So..." Lorna finally steeled herself up to address Pietro and Illyana. "You two have any summer plans beyond getting ready for double trouble?"

<Pietro> Pietro shook his head, "No... not really..." he unbuttoned his shirt at the top two buttons and put his tie in his jacket pocket. That was a little better.

<Illyana> Illyana was quick to snatch up Pietro's jacket as soon as it was off of him, slipping it on her. "We haven't really talked about it. We should probably make a trip to Russia though, yes?" She glanced up at her husband again.

<Pietro> Pietro raised an eyebrow at the jacket thievery. "Yes we can do that... if you can handle the weather."

<Selene> "I think I should bug Darren about taking a trip through South America, before Director Fury decides to drown us in work," Selene tossed in.

<DrMcCoy> "It's certainly safe for you to travel if you wish, my dear," Hank interjected, the doctor coming out automatically. He followed Pietro's lead and loosened his tie and collar.

<Jack> "That's a plus for you now, Dr. McCoy, no more worries about the cold. THe heat... well... I'd suggest getting thinner fabric shirts, things that breathe."

<Illyana> "Oh good. Thank you Dr. McCoy." She smiled over at Hank. "I will need to find a heated blanket or something for while we are there."

<Pietro> Pietro nodded, running his fingers through his hair again. He wanted to go back and sit down on his own but he doubted Illyana would let him get away with it.

<Selene> "It's been my dream to skip through poppy fields and annoy drug barons since I was a little girl," Selene added.

<Jack> "And in a year from now, underwear will start sounding like the best option of walking around during the day." Jack said, and looked back towards the mansion, and the table with snacks and drinks. "Speaking of heat, I'm just getting myself something to drink."

<@Lorna> "Well, I imagine both trips will be pretty fun for you." Lorna couldn't help but chuckle at Selene.

<DrMcCoy> "Indeed." Hank nodded. He was, in fact, melting, and was wishing he could pant like a dog, or find a nice pool to lie in. But wet fur... He sighed. "Well, I believe I'm done in for the day as well. Do behave, children!" Hank waved as he turned for the mansion.

<Pietro> Pietro looked to see if Illyana was sufficiently distracted before also attempting to sneak away to be by himself.

<Illyana> Illyana grabbed onto him before he could move away.

<Pietro> He inwardly sighed and went back to staring at the grass.

<@Lorna> "I'll see you later, Hank." Damn, that was another distraction gone.

<Illyana> "What are your plans this summer, Lorna?" Illyana turned her attention to the green haired woman.

<@Lorna> "Well...Clarice wants me to go camping with her for a while." Lorna answered, pulling her attention back to the conversation after watching Hank walk away.

<@Lorna> "Other than that I imagine I'll be back here...getting things ready for next year, picking up new students and the like."

<Illyana> "Have... have you heard anything? About... about Bobby? For sure I mean?"

<Jack> As jack poured some punch with ice in a cup, he looked up just in time to catch McCoy passing him. Jack quickly handed the blue beast the cold cup of coldness, and then poured himself some as well as the teacher disappeared into the mansion.

<Pietro> Pietro tried to escape again when that question came out of Illyana's mouth.

<@Lorna> Lorna arched an eyebrow at Illyana, desperately not wanting to have this conversation. "He's being held by SHIELD. That's pretty sure."

<DrMcCoy> Hank drained half the cup in one go and made a peace sign at the bunny man as the door shut behind him.

<Selene> "Camping sounds exciting," Selene remarked, having conjured something to drink from somewhere at some point. "Just beware aggressive rodents."

<Illyana> "Oh..." Illyana shifted uncomfortably. "I was just hoping..." She trailed off.

<@Lorna> "...yeah, we'll be sure to avoid the dread Capybara." She snorted at Illyana just a little bit. "Hoping's nice I suppose."

<Illyana> "You suppose?"

<Pietro> Having successfully made his escape, Pietro found a chair to sit on away from the others in front of Teagan's memorial.

<Jack> Jack returned to the group, drinking his drink. "What's this about la chupacabra?"

<@Lorna> "He's a mutant terrorist held by SHIELD. Exactly how much hope do you think there is, Illyana?"

<Illyana> "We all know Bobby is hardly a terrorist. As his wife, I'd think you'd be more inclined to stand up for him."

<@Lorna> "..." Lorna did not know what to say to that level of stupidity, not at all. So she just gave it the most pitying look as she wondered if there was perhaps some way stem cells could grow a cell to float in the poor girl's brain.

<Selene> "Shield is holding the chupacabra," Selene asked, giving the others a puzzled look.

<@Lorna> "I'm sorry, but what do you think he did falls under? Because that's what it is. I'm sorry you don't like the name but if I can try to live with it I'm sure you can to as your mutant terrorist is free and gets to play daddy soon."

<Illyana> "What he did... what THEY did was try to protect the rest of us from an enemy that the government couldn't. They weren't trying to cause fear, which is the definition of terrorism. They were trying to save lives, not destroy them. And my husband is only free because yours took the fall for all of them. Somehow I have more respect for what he did than his own wife."

<Jack> "Will this be covered in next semester's Political Studies?" Jack asked Selene, gesturing towards the two arguing women.

<Pietro> The sound of raised voices attracted his attention and he turned his head to see what was going on, seeing Lorna and Illyana glaring at each other. Oh crap... Could this day be any worse?

<Selene> "Oooh, I knew I should have brought popcorn to a memorial service," Selene remarked in the background. "I sure hope so, my dear Jack."

<@Lorna> "You don't think they were trying to cause fear, why don't you ask around about that? Of course it was to cause fear so if you're going to define something maybe you should actually think about what they 'accomplised' because, I don't know about you, maybe you just didn't realize it, but what they did has managed to terrify us all." Lorna started in, narrowing her eyes at the girl.

<@Lorna> "And you might also want to ask Cortez, or maybe the Marauder Rogue killed while she was begging to surrender."

<@Lorna> "How about that, Illyana, does that sound like a fun conversation to you? You might not have enough self-respect to not want to be protected like that but I do."

<@Lorna> "You want me to stand by Bobby then why don't you ask why he didn't stand by me?"

<Pietro> "That's enough!" Pietro was on his feet.

<Illyana> Illyana was about to answer back, but jumped slightly at Pietro's voice.

<@Lorna> "I'm sorry, is she too frail to hear words, Pietro?"

<@Lorna> "You coddle her so much she relies on you and jumps right back to you no matter what you do, huh?"

<Pietro> "She is pregnant! She doesn't need this kind of stress! She's been hospitalised once already! You have no right to talk to her like that!"

<Selene> "See?" Selene leaned closer to Jack. "This is what we call a raising of the stakes and an amplification of conflict; just as I taught you in my literature class."

<@Lorna> "Then take your swooning 18th century corset-wearer to the fainting couch because she also doesn't have the right too talk to me like that either, does she?"

<Pietro> "She's not allowed to remind you of your wedding vows? Really? Well that's a shame because clearly someone needs to."

<@Lorna> "....seriously?"

<Illyana> "There is a difference in loving and relying on someone, Lorna. I don't have to like what Pietro did. But part of being married is understanding and forgiving."

<@Lorna> "I mean...are you for real? You suddenly know my marriage?"

<Pietro> "So you and Bobby didn't promise to love each other in sickness and health, for better or worse?"

<@Lorna> "Did you see shit about how Bobby and I said goodbye? What, do you think I cuffed him for them and kicked him over to them like he was some kind of dog? Do you think I still don't love Bobby?"

<Jack> "If only all classes were like this, practical examples right in front of us." Jack told Selene.

<Illyana> "You are so ready to condemn him, how would we know you still loved him?"

<Selene> "By the fact he's still drawing breath, I presume," Selene remarked, showing a tiny smirk.

<@Lorna> Lorna was not going to cry in front of these....bastards. She was not. "How dare you both even assume I don't love my husband just because I'm trying to do the right thing? I'm condemning what he did because it deserves it. It was wrong and it can't just stand. I don't, however, want him locked up anymore than Illyana would want Pietro locked up."

<@Lorna> "But I don't have a choice, do I?"

<Pietro> "You have a choice about how to say all of that to Illyana! You can hate what he did and that he turned himself in but don't you dare take it out on my pregnant wife at a memorial!"

<@Lorna> "I just have to take everyone's shit, don't I?" Her voice might break but she still wasn't going to cry. She wasn't going to be defeated that way.

<Pietro> "No you don't. But you do have to treat other people with a bit of respect. She hasn't done anything wrong."

<Illyana> Illyana felt terrible. "Lorna... Please... I didn't realize..."

<Selene> "I believe recent events left us all rather tense," Selene said, standing at the sideline with her glass in hand.

<@Lorna> "Where the hell is my respect? I'd like to see some of it once in a while you know? First I'm disrespected by the very existence of X-Force and by my own husband and people I thought were my friends but nevermind that, then person after person comes into my office to question everything I do and berate me about my decisions and now because someone cannot get that I might not want to be all bubbly hopeful about seeing a husband that I'm not going to see again I'm disrespected to the point where it's just assumed that I don't love him anymore?"

<Pietro> "None of that is Illyana's fault!"

<@Lorna> Too many words wanted to come out of Lorna at once and, if she was in less control of herself, a whole lot more fists aimed at very sensitive places to pummel everything right now. She made herself sit down before she would actually fall down, trying to stop herself from shaking before emptying up the coffee and toast she had for breakfast onto the ground.

<Illyana> Illyana started to go help Lorna, then had to teleport away to do the same thing.

<@Lorna> "She's a big enough girl she can own up to her own questioning, Pietro...I can hear her apology and I accept that." She wiped her mouth as best as she could, still shaking as she decided against picking herself up just yet.

<Selene> Looking at the green-haired woman with an awkward expression on her face, Selene moved to sit down next to her colleague. "As we both know how ill-suited I am for these kinds of talks, I think it's best for the both of us if I just sat here and look supportive."

<Pietro> Pietro turned and walked away, his outline flickering as he tried to contain his temper.

<@Lorna> "...thanks Selene." Lorna let out a shakey laugh, letting herself slump against the other woman.

<@Lorna> "...I'm going to have a cry now, okay?"

<Illyana> Illyana reappeared once her own stomach was under control. She bit her lower lip, looking at Lorna. "Lorna..."

<Pietro> A little way away, a tree blew up.

<Selene> "As long as I don't have to leave the rigor of terror I experience at the moment, go right ahead," Selene remarked.

<@Lorna> "Oh, I wouldn't dream of moving you now, you're my backrest!" Lorna assured Selene between messy little snorting sobs. "You're okay, Illyana...you can come over here if you like."

<Illyana> Illyana approached them somewhat cautiously. "I'm so sorry, Lorna. I know you aren't me, and you're doing the best you can to deal. And I'm sorry."

<@Lorna> Lorna patted the clean ground beside her, figuring Illyana wouldn't exactly want to sit in her mess. "And I'm sorry too...though right now if it wasn't for the fact it'd involve him cheating on you I'd say Pietro could go choke on a box of dicks right now." She said the last part in a choking laugh, smiling a bit painfully.

<Jack> "Well, I think I'll jsut try and be useful," Jack said, turning around and heading to get a drink for Lorna. He made sure not to scoop in any ice in the cup of punch. He thought for a moment, then dug into his pocket. He was hoping to have it for himself, but it was for a good cause. He poured the half a tiny bottle of whiskey into the cup, then walked back to Selene and Lorna. "Punch?"

<Illyana> Illyana laughed a bit and hugged Lorna as she sat down. "He's just overprotective and upset. He'll calm down."

<Pietro> Another tree exploded into splinters.

<Illyana> "...make that very upset.." Illyana noted, looking off at the woods.

<@Lorna> "And I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't say that to you either." Lorna admitted to Illyana before taking the offered punch. "Thanks Jack...well, maybe he needs reminded you can fight your own battles more often, yeah? Because, maybe you didn't deserve all of that but, well, we both had something to apologize for there."

<@Lorna> "I'm never going to see him though...I mean, unless Fury suddenly becomes Santa."

<Illyana> "I'm still all for picketing and trying in a year. They can't keep him from you forever. There are laws about that in your country. Now in my country... there is a KGB joke here."

<Selene> "I could pass him a suitable hat the next time I see Fury," Selene offered.

<Jack> "Maybe even a nailfile," Jack suggested to Selene.

<Jack> "Wait, i mean... nailfile for... nevermind."

<@Lorna> She chuckled at the idea of Fury in a santa yat. "They can and, really, considering what was done? It's probably what they're going to do. I might know Bobby'd not do something like this again and Fury might think that too but he's too powerful for them to just let loose with there even being a whiff of that kind of thing being possible...I just hope being a prisoner is all he's having to do."

<Jack> "Had this hilarious joke in my head about that fury guy passing on a nailfile to Prof Drake, but yeah, like most hings in my head, it's not that good idea when done outloud."

<@Lorna> "A nailfile cake would be pretty traditional. I'm sure Fury'd see the humour in it."

<Illyana> "Does Fury have a sense of humor?"

<@Lorna> Lorna looked to his newest hire for that answer.

<Selene> "I'm quite sure he does have one, somewhere," Selene replied. "Hidden very deep underneath that sense of duty. I suggest a drill to find it."

<Illyana> "I should go check on Pietro... if you need anyhing, let me know, Lorna."

<Jack> "That does it then. We bake a nailfile into a cake shaped like a nailfile. Xzibit would be proud."

<@Lorna> "Don't worry about me, it sounds like I need to brush up on my baking anyway so I'll be occupied until camping time."

<Illyana> Illyana laughed and then teleported off to find Pietro.

<@Lorna> "And you, Mr. O'Hare, have some nice whiskey. It's of the finest variety as it's in my cup."

<Jack> "Don't mind if I do."
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: 7/21 Game: Memorial Fight

Post by Slarti »

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :eeevil

I mean, poor Lorna.

:shifty
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

Oh dear. >< That was hilarious and awful all at once.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

That was fantastic. Lorna-rage is always hilarious, however Selene killed me with this:
<Illyana> "You are so ready to condemn him, how would we know you still loved him?"

<Selene> "By the fact he's still drawing breath, I presume," Selene remarked, showing a tiny smirk.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Yeah I'm just glad there was some fuzzy hank in the whole thing :shifty
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord