Read our full Game transcripts here!
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

11/10 Game: Not So Thankful

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

Jean-Paul: "I...am so hungry." Jean-Paul was grabbing up a ton of the turkey, loading his plate up with stuffing and mashed potatoes as well before making his way around for even more. "Get inside me, food, noooow." Ooh, cranberry sauce.

Jessica: Jess laughed a little, they'd be lucky if there was any leftovers with Jean-Paul around. "Save some for everyone else!"

Melati: "Oi! Leave us some!" Melati leaned across the table to secure one of the bowls before Jean-Paul could snatch that one, a well. "Even I have better manners, and I'm the one with the lizard brain here."

Jean-Paul: "Well people need to quit being shy about getting at the food because I am fully capable of eating all of this...I'm pretty sure anyway. Do I burst after a while?"

Wither: Kevin came in carrying a large jug of his sweet tea. "Happy Thanksgiving, everyone." He set the jug down and realized he'd better grab food before it was gone. He piled high the stuffing and the cornbread first.

Mayday: Smiling at the table banter, Mayday quietly prepared her own plate, making sure to let others get to it first, "Happy Thanksgiving, Kevin.", she responded to the newcomer, "So...is erm...is everyone here celebrating away from home?"

Melati: "You know, I might consider that as a challenge to an eating competition." Mealti waved at him with the turkey leg in her hand.

Jessica: Jess shook her head, "Away from home? Nope. This is my home." She smiled at May, settling in her seat.

Jean-Paul: "I'm Canadian, I'm only here for the food." He reminded Mayday, glad to not have to think to remember that fact.

Jean-Paul: "Not that I'm not thankful and stuff but...food."

Mayday: "I-I mean family...", Mayday clarified for Jess, "Sorry, should have been clear."

Jean-Paul: "I should just cook for Canadian Thanksgiving just to confuse you all next october."

Wither: "I have no home but here," Kevin said and slid into a chair next to Jessica. "I thought the whole point of holidays was the food?"

Jessica: "Answer still applies." Jess said good-naturedly. "And I'm british, we don't normally do thanksgiving."

Melati: "Yeah, what she said," Melati tossed in, thumbing in Jessica's direction. "Don't get me wrong, I'm fond of my people, but I can spend the day without my stepmom seeing how much she can piss me off with snide remarks, or finding out if mom is still dating the same loser. My real mom, I mean."
\
Wither: "I have no other family except everyone here," Kevin said quietly.

Jessica: Jess gave Kevin's shoulder a squeeze, "Me too."

Mayday: Mayday gave Kevin a little wave, "Me also, it's alright: we're all a family here and that's all that matters.", she smiled, trying to cheer him up.

Melati: Melati tore off a piece of turkey meat directly from the bone and wolfed it down, while looking between Jessica and Kevin. "Sorry to hear that, you two, but hey, it's all you need, right?" She leaned back in her chair and licked some gravy off her chin. "I mean, you all got me instead."

Jessica: Jess laughed, "Mmhmm, and you're more than enough to put anyone off having siblings for life." She nodded sagely.

Wither: "Yeah." Kevin grinned and snagged the gravy as it passed hands, offering it to Jessica first.

Mayday: "Charming as ever, Mel.", Mayday grinned, starting on her food with (naturally) appropriate table manners. In truth she was scared of getting anything on her R2-D2 woolen jumper - in her head, she cursed herself for wearing white to a dinner table.

Cecilia: Cecilia stood in the doorway. "Any room for one more?" She said, grinning.

Jessica: Jess smiled, "Thank you." She took the gravy and poured some on her food, looking over at Cee, "Of course! better hurry before JP eats it all though."

Mayday: Mayday waved at Cecilia, swallowing her mouthful, "Ah, hey! Hey!", she patted the chair next to herself.

Melati: "It's the only way to survive when you're the only girl among a horde of brothers," she remarked, flashing the others a fanged grin. "Sure thing, but you might hurry before the food's been vanquished." She waved at Cecilia.

Wither: "Hurry up before it gets eaten!"

Cecilia: Cecilia took a seat next to Mayday, "Thanks, May." She smiled at the table. "I'm headed home tomorrow for Thanksgiving but I couldn't resist having more food."

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul waved as he was currently devouring far, far too much stuffing and turkey mixed together and drowned in butter. "You can either have lots of leftovers or you can have me, it's up to you all."

Jessica: "Hmm... tough choice." Jess said, feigning thinking about it.

Wither: "Leftovers," Kevin said immediately around a mouthful of turkey and cornbread.

Melati: Melati held up a hand, quickly chewing and swallowing her recent mouth full of food. "I'll take no blame for any accidentally bitten body parts," she announced. "Everyone should know better than coming between a reptile and her buffet."

Mayday: "Aw, life wouldn't be the same without Jean-Paul: he's my First Officer!", Mayday giggled, winking at JP,

Jessica: Jess giggled at Kevin's answer and shook her head.

Jean-Paul: "Well too bad because I'm all ready here and I'd speed-eat everything before storming out of you kick me out now."

Jessica: "Don't worry, I anticipated this. There's more than enough to go around." She waved a hand dismissively and picked up her glass to have a sip of juice.

Rachel: Rachel wandered out of her room, pausing as she heard voices. Right. Thanksgiving. She'd completely forgotten about it. She indecisively hovered near the doorway, as she couldn't imagine people taking her presence well. While they had fed her decent food, it didn't smell or look anywhere near as good as this, so hunger won out.

Cecilia: "Where would we be without our neighbours to the North?" Quipped Cecilia, digging in.

Jessica: "With lots of leftovers?" Jess replied to Cecilia with a grin.

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "Truesay."

Melati: The green-skinned girl nodded along with Jessica, raising her glass to take a large swig of wine before commenting. "Yeah, also made sure we have a spare turkey, just in case this one's not enough," Melati remarked.

Mayday: Mayday chewed her food and nodded at Melati, "I think we should have a farm. How cool would that be?"

Rachel: "Um, hey?" she tried as she stepped into the room, approaching the table. Maybe she could just grab a plate and go hide if things went badly.

Jean-Paul: "Then what's with this telling me to slow down business." In that case Jean-Paul reloaded his plate, waving to Rachel as she did seem familiar but he wasn't quite sure what her story was.

Melati: "It's just not ready yet," she added, before she coughed and gave a shrug. "Or... dead, for that matter."

Paige: Paige had her trademark smile on as she followed Rachel into the room. "Smells good in here."

Mayday: Pausing, Mayday glanced across the room and saw Rachel, swallowing her food with a larger gulp than she'd meant to, "....oh. Er...hi, Rachel.", she smiled awkwardly.

Mayday: She waved at Paige, looking back at Rachel with a concerned look on her face.

Cecilia: Cecilia turned at the voice and flinched. Oh great. Her.

Jessica: Jess blinked, a little surprised to see Rachel but recovered well enough and smiled. "Come and sit, there's plenty to go around."

Melati: Looking up from her generously filled plate and the leftovers that started to spread out around it, Melati paused for a moment, simply watching Rachel. "Well, holy hells, that's what I call a surprise guest..."

Jean-Paul: "Why aren't we expecting Rac-oooooh." Jean-Paul clued in as his memory caught up and put the face with current events.

Rachel: Rachel let out a small sigh as Paige came in after her, deciding to stick close to the girl because she was totally too nice to hate her. She went to sit and managed a slight grin at Melati, shrugging a bit, "Just a small one."

Cecilia: Cecilia glared at Rachel. "Oh yes, come and sit. Please, we were all just digging and being thankful that you didn't manage to kill not one but two of my friends," she said snappishly.

Jessica: "Cee, don't ruin it for everyone...." Jess frowned at her.

Wither: Kevin remained silent. He hated awkward family meals, so he just concentrated on eating after he'd given Rachel a small smile.

Rachel: "Well, I'm glad I can take part in that," she replied easily.

Mayday: Mayday rested her arm against Cecilia gently, as if to ward her from attacking, "Come on, it's Thanksgiving...", she muttered to her friend, "Be civil."

Paige: Paige skipped right to the pies, trying to decide which one she wanted. "Rachie, what kind of pie should we dig into first?"

Jessica: Jess looked over at Paige. "Those are for dessert! You're supposed to eat dinner first!"

Melati: "Hey, let her," Melati said, nudging Jess and nodding in Cece's direction. "Where I come from, no Thanksgiving dinner is complete until there's been a food fight and someone nearly got clubbed to death with a turkey leg."

Jean-Paul: "We're not using the food to beat people until after all the edible parts have been scraped off of it." Dear God was he starving. Jean-Paul didn't have time for this drama, he just had time to eat. No wonder he could remember practically eating his aunt and uncle out of their apartment.

Mayday: "I-I don't think violence is something we need to promote.", Mayday chimed in with a little grin, "Besides, I think all conflict is best resolved over Quake III."

Cecilia: Cecilia stabbed her potatoes with gusto. She wouldn't ruin this for everyone. But she wasn't going to welcome that bitch with open arms.

Paige: Paige wasn't sure what to do with being scolded by a student. She eyed the pies, eyed Jess... eyed the pies... and took a pie to sit with it and Rachel. She was bald half the time. Damnit she was getting pie.

Melati: "Or via a friendly football match," Melati added to Mayday's statement, flashing another grin.

Jessica: Jess sighed a little and rolled her eyes, focusing back on her plate.

Mayday: Mayday shrugged, "I've never been so great at Football. For a professional recluse I'm not bad at Basketball though!", she commented.

Rachel: "We should get a bit of all the pie before it's gone," Rachel answered Paige, stealing a bite from the pie the other girl had already claimed. She bit down on her lip as she glanced around the table. "But you can't tackle people in basketball."

Paige: "I can totally beat you all at football." Paige informed them as she dug into her pie. "Don't worry. They are students. They have to eat their growing foods first."

Rachel: "Plus, football is totally a Thanksgiving thing."

Melati: Melati raised her hand and waved with her fork. "Don't get all stuffed on the pie just now," she told them. "You gotta leave some room to try my kuih."

Jessica: "There's loads of pies, I made sure of it." Jess assured them.

Mayday: "Yeah, but Basketball requires precision and dexterity.", Mayday explained, "You know, lashing out and trying to destroy all your obstacles isn't always healthy.", she remarked, realizing too late that it was a little catty of her.

Melati: "But it's certainly fun," Melati remarked, another wry grin on her lips.

Jessica: "Not always but it sure makes you feel better." Jess gave May a smile, "You should try punching things in the DR once in a while."

Paige: Paige took another bite of pie and watched the students a bit. They seemed to be getting at something... but what?

Cecilia: Cecilia smirked a little at Mayday's catty little comment. "Now who's being mean?" She teased.

Mayday: Mayday looked up at Jess, "Implying I don't already - I do two sessions a week there: my time's logged.", she glanced at Cecilia, "Shush.", she whispered, nudging her with a smirk.

Jessica: "Well pardon me," she frowned a little at her plate.

Cecilia: "She does," remarked Cecilia. "I train quite a bit with May."

Rachel: Rachel cringed a bit at the comment but went along with it without a word. She had another bite of pie and continued to tell herself she could play nice... unless they did play football. Then, it was on.

Mayday: "Don't be down: all I was saying is that sometimes it's better if you do creative things to let out your frustration.", Mayday explained, gesturing with her fork, "Like...I don't know, doing equations!"

Paige: Paige leaned over to whisper to Rachel. "They are talking about you aren't they? Want me to pass out detentions?"

Jessica: "It's not as effective..." Jess wrinkled her nose, "Sometimes that can even make it worse if it doesn't go well."

Rachel: "I think it's just as effective," Rachel threw in, shaking her head at Paige. She muttered back, "They are, but I expected it."

Paige: "Well... offer stands." Paige assured her, then went back to her pie.

Mayday: Mayday glanced at Rachel, frowning a little, she did almost kill everyone. "So...er...Rachel....", she cleared her throat, "...feeling ok?"

Melati: Melati helped herself to another load of gravy, licking her claws clean afterwards. "So, Rachel, did Captain Broomhead let you out just like that, or did he insist you wear one of those ankle locks?"

Jean-Paul: "Captain Broomhead?" Jean-Paul couldn't help but be curious about that.

Mayday: "Oh, Jesus Christ...", Mayday sighed under her breath, facepalming a little at Melati's comment. Subtle as a tactical nuke in a game of chess.

Cecilia: "Yeah, had your fill of attempted murder this year?" She said sarcastically. "Or should I be worried?"

Rachel: "No... I mean, yes. I'm fine. I, um, I didn't mean the whole destroying thing... I more meant creative outlets can be just as effective," she answered May, making a face at how awkward she sounded.

Jessica: Jess glanced at Kevin and leaned close to him, "You okay?" she asked quietly then turned her head to shoot Cee a glare.

Mayday: Mayday shot Cecilia a little glare, "Remember the last time you did this? Please!", she hissed.

Paige: "...So this is amazing pie!" Paige grinned.

Wither: "Yeah, just it's awkward, and I have nothing to say, really."

Cecilia: Cecilia threw up her hands. "I'm speaking the truth, but if you want I'll shut up. But mark my words, I will have my say with her eventually. Just...not here."

Wither: "Is it? It smells good," he replied to the teacher.

Cecilia: "I'll stop, you're right. I apologize. It's not the time or place."

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul glanced around at them all, so very confused.

Melati: "You know, Darren," Melati told Jean-Paul, holding a hand over her head to tap her own crest to indicate what she meant.

Rachel: "They didn't just let me out," Rachel shook her head, glancing to Cecilia and offering, "I'm more than happy to have words some other time."

Jessica: "Please not today..." She begged Cecilia, resting her head briefly on Kevin's shoulder as a sign of solidarity. "They should be nice. I got enough practice this week making them."

Jean-Paul: But, while they were doing all that he was going to take advantage of getting more food. "Ooooh, please say that's a nickname he really does have."

Melati: "Well, I hope it does stick now," she replied, beaming a toothy grin as she raised her glass.

Mayday: Mayday had gone back to her food, trying to stay out of the conflict. She wasn't a hundred percent over the London incident, or the Bobby situation, but now wasn't the time. She raised her glass and took a few sips of water, sighing.

Jessica: Jess heaved a sigh and tried to think of a happier topic. "So... um... has anyone got any plans for the Christmas break?"

Cecilia: Cecilia nodded brightly. "Tons."

Jean-Paul: "Home, definitely going home so I can meet everyone." Jean-Paul nodded. "Tons, hmm? What are tons?"

Wither: Kevin helped himself to some wine. Maybe getting a buzz would dispel the negative emotions in the room. "I'm staying here for christmas. Maybe we should have a party if enough people stay?"

Rachel: "Darren offered me a deal, and I took it. I was released into Xavier's custody after he nerfed my powers," Rachel elaborated, picking at her pie, "I'll probably be sticking around."

Paige: "Well I'm glad to have you back." Paige hugged her friend.

Cecilia: "Hmm, well...I'm going home to see my family, maybe gonna come back here and hang out for awhile, then I'm off to Barcelona..." She grinned. "So I'm pretty busy. It's a nice change. Normally I don't go anywhere. Well, actually I've never been outside of America except for Puerto Rico and..." Egypt . "Well, anyways..."

Mayday: "Really?", Mayday coughed on her last mouthful, "You're...you're gonna stay, huh?", she asked to Rachel.

Melati: Melati frowned. "Nerfed? How did that go? He didn't put any... wiggly machine thingies of his into you, did he?"

Jessica: "A party sounds good. I'll be staying here, don't have anywhere else to go." She managed a smile though. "I've done enough traveling to last me a lifetime. It might be nice to stay in one place for a while."

Melati: "Don't think I'll get around seeing my folks for at least a couple days over the Christmas break, but I'll be damned if I won't be around for some wicked Santa shenanigans," she told the others and took another bite of roast.

Rachel: "I mean, I might head into the city to see my dad, but other than that... I'm not really allowed anywhere without a babysitter," Rachel shrugged, looking to Mel, "Well, the actual nerfing is strange... As far as the process goes, it was just a weird telepathy thing."

Wither: "Wait - he nerfed your powers? You mean he can take away powers?"

Melati: "Sounds weird," Melati remarked, her brow furrowing, before she put on a wry little smile and gave a quick nod. "Anyway, guess it's good to hear you're gonna stick around. Heading down the hallway beats having to hunt your down across the globe, eh?" She chuckled. "Just kidding."

Jean-Paul: "That sounds uncomfortable." Jean-Paul pulled a face at the description of 'weird telepathy things'. "I'm pretty sure people are always up for a party here."

Rachel: "Not completely. I still have my powers. They're at a more manageable level," she shook her head.

Rachel: Rachel managed a smirk for Mel, "I'm sure I could make getting down the hall more of a challenge."

Mayday: "In before: buried in the Earth's core.", Mayday muttered to herself.

Paige: Paige frowned at the students. They were so mean!

Melati: "Well, I guess not accidentally turning people into a fine bloody mist every time someone left the empty milk bottle in the fridge has its upsides, too," Melati remarked.

Melati: She immediately held up her hands, chewing on her roast. "Joking, remember?"

Paige: "I don't think you were." Paige eyed her. "This is a holiday. Keep your bickering to another time."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "And everyone says I'm mean. Jesus, at least I'm upfront!"

Rachel: "Paige, it's cool. I can take it," Rachel assured her.

Melati: "Hey, don't let it be said I'm not mean, either," Melati remarked. "And yes, you're one mean bitch." She flashed Cecilia a grin. "See? Upfront."

Cecilia: "Well I certainly hope so, you sure dish it out," said Cecilia lightly.

Paige: "But I'm not sure I can..." Paige stabbed her pie and took another bite.

Jessica: Jess chewed her lip, prodding at the rest of the food on her plate with her fork. Everyone was being so mean and it was ruining what should be a nice day. "Stop it!"

Wither: Kevin drained his glass and helped himself to another. "Okay, let's please stop."

Melati: "Aw, come on, we're just relieving some pent up stress here," Melati remarked, before she rose from her chair. "After all, no one exploded the turkey yet. Which reminds me, I gotta check on my roti."

Cecilia: Cecilia stared. "Why? Cause it's a holiday we all have to pretend we're friends? Play happy family? I'm sorry I'm not just going to forget that she threw one of my friends on the ground and tore off her face and smashed one in the ground so hard he got a fucking fractured SKULL!" She snapped.

Jessica: "Everyone's suffered enough already, Cecilia. Just leave it alone. It's just one day."

Paige: "You don't have to forget. You have to put it aside for one meal. If we still deemed her a threat she wouldn't be here. You can deal with your issues at another time. This is a time to be thankful for what we still have."

Mayday: "....you know what, I'm not gonna pretend to go full Paragon about this.", Mayday sighed, "It's wrong. It's just too....sorry, Rachel, but you almost killed a bunch of people over...what? I don't even know and you still attacked me.", she looked across at the other girl, "How's it fair that we should just...I don't know, look over it?"

Mayday: Mayday glanced to Paige, "And I understand it's a day for being thankful but...come on, this just feels so put on: we almost had what we're thankful for taken away by someone at the very table we're celebrating at! And what, we're supposed to forget? Not like I got an apology letter!"

Wither: "If we can overlook other people's brainwashing, why can't we overlook hers?" Kevin finished another glass.

Mayday: "Oh, it was so not the same thing...", the redhead responded dryly.

Cecilia: "Thank you, May," Cecilia said empathetically. "Why should I be persecuted for speaking the truth? Why should I pretend it doesn't hurt?"

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul was having all of the food right now. If the others were going to be bicker he was going to eat. Things were soon clearing out on the table.

Cecilia: "If Fabian was dead would you all be so forgiving? Or Bobby?"

Melati: "Don't forget to reserve some of that blame for the fucker who poked his dirty fingers into her brain in the first place," Melati remarked as she returned from the kitchen, carrying a plate. "Alright, it's roti time, bitches. Dig right in. Goes well with the gravy."

Wither: "What's roti?"

Jessica: Jess put down her cutlery and got up from the table, retreating to the kitchen instead.

Jean-Paul: "It's on my plate." Jean-Paul answered, digging in quickly.

Melati: "A kind of bread," Melati explained, sitting down again. "Popular in my home. Try some."

Rachel: Rachel shook her head, "I don't expect anyone to nice to me just because it's fucking Thanksgiving, and I sure as hell don't deserve it after what I did. I haven't really gotten a chance since I got back to go around and apologize, but I am sorry."

Cecilia: "Well at least we agree on something," said Cecilia. "And sorry isn't good enough. Nowhere near good enough."

Rachel: "Nothing I say is going to be anywhere near good enough," she agreed.

Wither: Kevin took some and poured gravy over it. "It's interesting." He pushed his chair back and went to the kitchen in search of Jessica and more wine.

Mayday: Mayday paused, taking a deep breath, "....just leave it, Cee. I mean, what, she can't travel back through time...", she went back to her food, feeling a little bad that she'd gone on so much herself.

Melati: "You need Calvin's toaster for that," Melati tossed in.

Cecilia: "No..." admitted Cecilia. "Unless they're a very lucky mutant. And if that's actually possible, I really want to meet them."

Mayday: "You know, he asked me to see if I could write up the theoretical makeup of a Flux Capacitor?", Mayday added to Melati's change of topic, eager to change it herself, "Which, obviously, you need for time-travel."

Rubin: "Calvin's toaster?" Rubin asked as he walked into the room, "We talking time travel again?" he added, looking around at all the food

Cecilia: "Hm," said Cecilia to Mayday. "Any luck yet?"

Melati: "Cheer, big grey." She waved at Rubin and put on a smirk. "And yup. Too bad it's lost to outer space, I believe."

Jessica: Jess leaned against the counter, arms folded and waiting for the kettle to boil and anxiously tapping the top of her arm with her fingers.

Mayday: With a wave, Mayday greeted Rubin, smiling as he entered. "Actually, no.", she replied to Cecilia, "I mean...well, no Sci-Fi actually explains how they work. I mean....what's the 'Flux'? How do you 'Capacitate' it?"

Jean-Paul: "So...we have another turkey, right?" Jean-Paul sheepishly eyed the one he had just finished cleaning of any and all meat, going for the marrow now. "So basically you could make anything and claim that's it, yeah?"

Rachel: She sat back in her seat, pushing her fingers through her hair. She let out a small sigh now that the conversation wasn't completely focused on her, glancing over to Paige and putting on a smile, "Try another pie?"

Cecilia: Cecilia snorted. "Whenever someone says 'Flux' I think of 'Aeon Flux.' That's two hours of my life I'll never get back...what were they thinking? Or else the name of that club in that game you always play, May."

Wither: "I hear most family gatherings are like this, Jess. I guess we should bring out the rest of the food as we're here."

Paige: "I need a whole bakery's worth of pies today." Paige sighed to her friend.

Jessica: "I just want one day where no one's angry with anyone else..." she sighed, looking over at Kevin, "Is that so much to ask?"

Rubin: Rubin waved to all, then found a place for himself, the chair groaning in agony as the very big guy sat down. "Personally I'd just check e-bay for a flux capacitor. They're expensive, but available."

Rachel: "We might actually have that," she nodded to the selection of pies.

Paige: "What are you in the mood for then?" Paige smiled, getting to her feet.

Wither: "Probably." Kevin hefted a couple bowls one filled with more mashed potatoes, the other with some sort of casserole.

Mayday: "Oh, Mass Effect.", Mayday nodded, "As for the 'Flux Capacitor', it's supposed to be a 'Temporal Field Capacitor' originally: but at the moment, there's no known way to 'store' Temporal energy.", she explained to Rubin, feeling a little proud of her scientific knowledge.

Rachel: "Whiskey, but I doubt we have a pie made of it," Rachel answered.

Jessica: "I'll come back out in a minute... just going to make tea first..." She moved to get the door for him. "Thanks though..."

Paige: "I can hope for rum raisin." Paige offered, going to the pies.

Wither: "I have more food, and there's another turkey in there too."

Melati: "Well, I did go out to get a spare turkey when Jess was all worried the big one we had might not be enough," Melati told Jean-Paul, nodding as she ate some of the bread she made. "It's just not exactly done yet. I tried marinading it with wine..."

Rubin: Rubin just stared at Mayday through his festive green tinted glasses, "You say these things, but I just hear sounds. Very impressive sounds I might add. All way over my head." he told her.

Rachel: "Rum raisin pie and wine turkey? Things are starting to sound better."

Mayday: "If we could theoretically harness Temporal Energy, we'd have to be careful about causality, too.", Mayday continued, "If time travels how we believe it does in our dimension, then the 'Butterfly Effect' is possible.", she took a bite of turkey before continuing, "See, if we DO invent Temporal Travel in the future, surely we'd know by now?"

Rubin: "That's because I'm here." Rubin agreed with rachel.

Jessica: Jess nodded, "I'll bring some things out when I come back..."

Rubin: "You're going to make me take out my smart glasses, aren't you?" Rubin asked May.

Mayday: "Like, someone would have traveled back, right? Ergo, it may not be possible.", Mayday rambled on to nobody in particular, "Or, perhaps we have unlocked the secret, but because of its power, have chosen not to use it?", she paused for a while, blushing as she realized people seemed to have zoned out on her.

Paige: Paige returned with a rum raisin for Rachel and a buttermilk for herself. "Mmm pie."

Rubin: "May, sweetie, three words, Paral Lel Dimensions." Rubin told her.

Melati: "I've had some trouble cooking it, though," Melati admitted, shrugging awkwardly as she helped herself to the bowl of vegetables.

Rubin: Rubin looked over to Mel, "That's because you didn't ask me for help. Always ask the better cook for help when you're stuck."

Mayday: Mayday smiled at Rubin, glad she was being listened to, and not embarrassed as much, "Well, if time-travel works like that, then it's more like 'Sliders'. D-did....anyone see that show but me?"

Wither: "Hi Rubin!" Kevin greeted brightly. He barely managed to get the dishes on the table in one smooth go. "Anyone want wine? there's a few more bottles in the kitchen."

Rubin: "I loved that show, great thing to watch after taking a couple of puffs," Rubin said with a grin and a wink, giving the hand gesture of two fingers holding something small to his mouth.

Cecilia: Cecilia was listening to May. "I like the idea of different universes. I like to think that at least somewhere in the fabric of the universe everything turned out alright."

Rachel: "I will take some wine," Rachel answered before digging into the slice of pie.

Rubin: "Hey Kevin, one bottle for me please." Rubin ordered.

Mayday: "Or a version of the world where there's a Zombie Apocalypse...", Mayday shuddered, glad that she didn't live in that sort of world, "O-oh...Rubin, you mean drugs, right?", she flushed a little pink ,"I-I don't do....that..."

Wither: Kevin went to fetch more wine.

Cecilia: "Oh God..." laughed Cecilia. "I'm sure if there was a zombie apocalypse I'd be the craziest woman with a shotgun. I'd kick some ass and go down in flames...sweet times!"

Rubin: "Cecilia... or do you prefer Cee? Never chatted with you, always seemed to be at different end of the mansion... anyway, you know the psych teacher, he's got this crazy theory about a parallel universe."

Cecilia: "Oh Christ, Wade?" Exclaimed Cecilia. "You can call me, Cee. My friends do," she smiled. "I wasn't exactly sure on whether or not he was a teacher..."

Melati: "It's not the actual cooking part that was the problem," Melati admitted, looking over to Rubin. "You see, trying to buy a last minute turkey on Thanksgiving wasn't the smartest plan, so of course the supermarket was all out already. So I thought I go right to the source and went for the farmers over in Salem. I think there may have been some kind of misunderstanding, though."

Rubin: "Get this, he has this idea that there's a universe with no mutants, and there are these people that sit at their computers playing characters of mutants at a school. Gives me the willies how he explains it."

Jessica: Jess sipped her tea quietly in the kitchen. She could still hear the conversation in the other room but at least she wasn't expected to participate in it from there.

Mayday: Mayday blinked at Rubin, "W-what, like....like where we're fictional?", she shrugged, "W-well, I guess it's possible...."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "If that's true, I hope the person calling the shots in my life is decent to me...."

Mayday: "Oh come on, we're real people, it's hardly the Matrix.", Mayday smirked, "We make our own destinies, as far as I'm concerned.", she giggled a little at her inner FemShep.

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "Ever heard of the brain in the jar theory, May? We can't prove we aren't just brains in a jar or characters in a book. But in the end it doesn't matter. This is our reality and it's the only life we get."

Cecilia: She raised her glass. "Might as well make the best of it."

Mayday: Mayday smiled wryly, "I guess I can drink to that.", she raised her glass of water.

Rubin: "The scariest thing is that some of us.... are played by the same person. And there are these bigwigs who run these games they play, that makes up these horrible story arcs that the characters have to go through." Rubin literally shivered. "Just think, the person playing me could be plotting my very death when he gets bored after I graduate. Spooky."

Mayday: "Ok, Rubin? Seriously, stop it.", Mayday frowned, "I-it's kinda weirding me out how much thought he put into this...."

Rubin: "Well, seeing that it's thanksgiving, I'm thankful Mr Wilson is a complete looney and we're all real."

Cecilia: Cecilia laughed. "Speaking of AUs, May. You gotta let me try that Mass Effect thing you play sometime. I'm a bit curious."

Rachel: Rachel listened to the chatter as she ate her pie, debating whether it'd start another argument if she joined in the toast. She glanced over the spread of food and decided ti chance trying Melati's bread. It was a bit strange to have an actual Thanksgiving dinner. Her and Josh had tried Thanksgiving one year. They'd ordered pizza every year after that one.

Mayday: "Agreed.", Mayday laughed at Rubin, "And sure, I'll show you it, Cee. You'll love it, I promise."

Rubin: "Now, Mel, from the way you described the turkey, it sounds like it's still alive." Rubin asked Melati.

Cecilia: "I'm sure I will," said Cecilia. "It looks pretty interesting at any rate."

Melati: With her glass raised to her lips, Melati tilted her head from one side to the other and back again. "Well, let's just say, that farmer kinda misunderstood me when I called in advance and ordered a fresh bird," she replied to Rubin.

Melati: "By the way, all of you may want to watch out when opening the pantry door," she added.

Jessica: While she drank her tea, Jess took out the remaining things that needed to move into the dining room and set them on the table so they could be put on trays or carried in faster. She also helped Kevin gather up the wine to take back in too.

Wither: "Thanks, Jess. Ready?"

Jessica: She nodded, draining her mug and putting it in the sink. "I suppose so... one more thing though." She pulled a piece of clingfilm out of her pocket so she could give him a kiss on his cheek.

Wither: Kevin blushed bright red. "Ok. I'll just, uh, go out and make sure Jean-Paul doesn't get all the food."

Jessica: She smiled, "I'll be right behind you."

Cecilia: "Jesus, you guys took long enough!" Laughed Cecilia as Kevin and Jess came back in. "Sure you're not boyfriend and girrrrllfriiiend?" She teased. Well, if Jess said it to her it was fair game. Served her right for embarrassing her.

Jessica: Jess rolled her eyes, "Really? After the week I've had you're going to go there with me?"

Cecilia: "Hey, hey!" Chuckled Cecilia, raising her hands. "Thou doth protest a bit much methinks! I was just teasing!"

Wither: Kevin went red again, and slammed the wine bottles down a little more harder than he thought he was.

Mayday: "I could believe it.", Mayday nodded to Cecilia with a smirk, "Come on, don't be cruel."

Jessica: "You really pick your moments badly, Cecilia." She shook her head, going back to the kitchen to get a few more things.

Rachel: Rachel shifted uncomfortably in her seat at the mention of relationships.

Cecilia: "Pft, Jesus...look who's talking...she did the same thing to me," she muttered. "Christ is it fine when everyone does it to me or something?"

Mayday: "Ok, that was a bit of an over-reaction...", Mayday said, watching Jess wander off, "Geez...."

Cecilia: "I'm not being cruel...I was just...Letting her know how it felt...Okay, fine I wasn't nice. Happy now?" She frowned into her turkey.

Mayday: "No, I knew you were joking, so was I.", Mayday assured Cecilia, "Gosh, I don't know what her issue is."

Cecilia: "I'm telling you, she doth protest too much!" Grinned Cecilia, sipping her water.

Melati: "I think it has something to do with not being able to get wasted," Melati remarked, holding up her own glass. "Hell knows I'd be pissed as hell too if I had to though these forced family holidays all sober."

Jessica: Jess returned from the kitchen and practically dropped the things she was carrying onto the table before turning and walking out again. Oh alcohol. It would be so nice right now if that would work.

Rachel: Oh, right... There was more wine. She was totally getting some of that.

Wither: Kevin hoarded a bottle to himself, and sat down again, listing to one side a bit.

Jessica: As tempting as it might be, she shouldn't have to hide in the kitchen after she'd already spent so much time in there cooking. Pulling herself together, she got a glass of juice then returned to the dining room.

Cecilia: Cecilia poured a small glass of alcohol for herself. It was a weekend and a holiday so why not? "As long as there's whiskey in the wo-orld," she hummed softly.

Melati: "Ah, there she is again," Melati said, raising her glass to Jessica. "Hey, you know what everyone needs right now? A taste of my kuih. Go ahead, try some!"

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul, meanwhile, was finishing the stuffing as well because carbs were a wonderful, wonderful thing right now. "Is that a song?"

Cecilia: "Hm?" Said Cecilia. "Uh, yeah it is."

Jessica: Jess flopped back into her seat beside Kevin, setting her glass down and leaning against him a little.

Rachel: Having dissected her pie, Rachel got up to snag a bottle of wine for herself, gesturing toward the door and announcing, "I'm, uh... I'll see you guys around..." There. They could all enjoy the rest of their meal.

Melati: "See you around," Melati said, waving after Rachel.

Mayday: Mayday watched Rachel, taking another deep breath. "....yeah, I might call it. I'm stuffed.", she smiled to everyone. "Thanks.", she stood, leaving her now empty plate.

Jessica: "See you later, Rachel... enjoy the rest of your day..." Jess gave her a smile. It wasn't even forced.

Wither: "Bye!" Kevin waved madly, grinning.

Cecilia: Cecila looked a little sad. "I'll come with if you like..." There was no real reason for her to stay really. She wasn't close with anyone left here.

Jessica: Jess eyed Kevin, "Am I going to have to cut you off?"

Mayday: "Nah, I....I'll catch up with you later, ok, Cee?", Mayday patted Cecilia's shoulder, setting off after Rachel. She needed to talk with her.

Melati: "So, everyone just up and leave now?" Melati gestured across the table. "Come on, there's way too much food left."

Jean-Paul: "...why is everyone leaving now?"

Jean-Paul: Screw it, that meant he got the potatoes.

Jean-Paul: "So...what all did Rachel do?"

Cecilia: "Right," said Cecilia, nodding. Tossing back her glass. Well, might as well cash in on the food.

Jessica: "She was experimented on by Nur and Essex... then got rescued... then he killed her husband and she was, understandably, pissed and she went after him. You know the rest." Jess gave him the short version.

Wither: Kevin loaded his plate up again and started picking. "Well, that was fun," he said loudly.

Cecilia: Cecilia stabbed her food with her fork. "A lot of things. The highlights being collapsing an entire building, throwing May on the ground and tearing off half her face and fracturing Fabian's skull. Fucking bitch..."she muttered.

Cecilia: "Oh, and nearly killing Bobby."

Melati: "Hey, it almost feels like family dinner at home," she remarked with a chuckle. "Just lacked a little more yelling and actual fighting."

Jessica: "All while she was grieving, it wasn't all her fault, Cecilia."

Cecilia: "Oh fuck off!" Snapped Cecilia.

Wither: "This is really good stuffing, who made it?" Kevin tried again. He chugged another glass of wine and found himself leaning heavily on someone - Jessica.

Jean-Paul: "I don't feel like I know all about it, however. I was here for the almost killing Bobby but I guess there's more to it than that since he's back."

Jessica: Jess sighed, sliding am arm around Kevin and giving him a squeeze. "I did, you know that."

Wither: "He's very re-forming...no. Very...I got drunk for the first time with him. I'm glad he'sh back."

Jean-Paul: "Can I make it next year? I want to give deep fat fried turkey a try."

Cecilia: "Do you really think that's an excuse?! What do you think grief is an excuse?!" She stood up, pointing her finger at Jess. "What do you think? Because you lost someone you just get to kill everyone else around you? Endanger others? Do you think that's okay?!"

Wither: "You gotta do it outside. No frozen turkey."

Jessica: "She wasn't in her right mind! You've no right to judge!" And she didn't want to be having this discussion!

Cecilia: "The fuck she wasn't! She seems perfectly sane to me!" She snarled. "And yes, I can judge. You know why? CAUSE I'VE BEEN THERE."

Melati: "Hey, Cecilia, you really should ask Bobby that exact question," Melati told her, a mean grin on her lips. "The answer might surprise you. Just something to think about before you get too upset about his almost-demise."

Wither: "So how can you jusge if you've been there? she's not you, not everwone handles that kind of pressure perfectly perfect, like you."

Jean-Paul: And now the rolls were Jean-Paul's, aaaaallll of the rolls.

Jessica: "Just because she seems better now it doesn't mean she was fine then! You don't have all the facts so shut the hell up and get off your pedestal before you fall down."

Cecilia: "Oh screw you! Screw all of you!" She cried. "Do you have any idea what is it is lose someone to murder? Because unless you do don't you dare fucking judge me!"

Wither: "Hey! Roll-thief!" Kevin launched himself up and reached over the table. "Stop eating everything! Wait." He poured the rest of the gravy over the rolls right in the dish. "okay, let's share." He turned to Cecilia.

Cecilia: "I don't care WHO died," she snapped. "It's not an excuse to hurt other people! It's not an excuse to destroy others lives!"

Paige: Paige frowned at Cecilia. "I do know what it's like and you should not be whining about being judged when you, yourself, are judging. A little compassion goes a long way. We have all been through a lot. We should be there for each other. That's what this place is about." Paige shook her head and left to go find Rachel.

Wither: "Hey, you wanna know something? I murdered my dad with my powers. You gonna ostra-ostera-tell me I meant to do it because I'm evil?!"

Jessica: "Why don't you try and see it from her point of view? She's sorry so just fucking leave her alone! She knows people aren't happy with her but sitting there and judging everyone is not your fucking job! You have no right to put people down all the time and make them feel bad about themselves! You're not perfect! No one is!"

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul gave Kevin a bit of an alarmed look. "I'm not stealing, I'm hungry."

Wither: Kevin stuffed a whole roll into his mouth for emphasis, wiping off the gravy from his chin.

Jessica: Jess gave Kevin an alarmed look for an entirely different reason. He was going to regret saying that when he sobered up.

Cecilia: "I never said I was. I know I'm not. But I resent the attitude so many people take here. Yes, intent matters. But in the end, someone is still dead. Someone was still hurt."

Jessica: "And she's as much a victim here as anyone else so give her a fucking break and stop being such a bitch."

Cecilia: "That matters! That person's life is over! No matter how accidental! No matter how good the intent was it still happened!"

Melati: "No one's saying it's okay." Melati filled her glass back up to the brim. "Thing is, I'm pretty sure the girl knows she fucked up badly. Does that mean she doesn't deserve a second chance to make up for it?" She gestured around the table. "Because a lot of people wouldn't be where they are now around there if we didn't believe in a second chance. Me included."

Rubin: Rubin finished his plate, took another swig from his bottle, and stood up, watching down at all the squabbling. He placed his bottle down on the table, clapped his hands together, and rubbed them, and let a rather large glowing ball quickly grow. "Random loving time!" He called, making the ball of light pop and shoot randomly. He grabbed the bottle and headed for the door, "Have fun!"

Cecilia: "Then why do people act like an apology just makes everything okay?" Said Cecilia, sitting down. "Should I forgive my father's murderer if they ever catch him? Should I give him a hug and say 'oh, it doesn't matter that the gun went off by accident! I forgive you! You're intent is all that mattered!'"

Cecilia: "If that's indeed what happened. I don't know if it was an accident or not. But in the end it doesn't matter. My father's still dead and I still had to watch him go into a bodybag."

Jessica: "Stop over simplifying everything! The world is not that black and white!" Ugh! Some people! She put her glass down with such force it shattered.

Jean-Paul: Jean-Paul eyed the table, looking for more food. There had to be some, right? After all, everyone was arguing and not eating...and what the hell was that ball that was zipping everywhere?

Cecilia: Cecilia got up. "Just think about it for awhile. Really think. And you'll see. Dead is dead. Sorry is nice. But it doesn't make anyone any less dead." She walked off, before she lost her temper.

Wither: Kevin blinked as a little glowing thing hit him. He giggled. "Jess! Try a roll with gravy!" He stumbled over to her, holding one out.

Jessica: "Neither does bearing a grudge!" Jess yelled after her.

Wither: As her mouth was open and shouting, he just shoved the roll in her mouth. laughing. "Good huh?" He grinned.

Jessica: She blinked, coughing a little at the surprise mouthful. She took a bite and swallowed, holding the rest of the roll while she caught her breath. "Mmhmm..."

Jean-Paul: Ahha, there was still pie! Jean-Paul went for the pumpkin pie, loading himself up with a giant piece of it. "So...I take it we're off for football?"

Melati: Melati blinked when she felt the familiar tingle of Rubin's magic pixie dustball bounce into her. "Ah, hell, not again..."

Wither: "I'll play!" He finished off the rest of Jessica's roll.

Jessica: Jess was very careful about how Kevin got the rest of that roll from her hand because he sure wasn't being. She grabbed a napkin to wipe the gravy off herself.

Wither: Kevin laughed. "So, can we go play now?" Kevin asked, sitting down hard, and flopping on the ground.

Jessica: "Maybe when you've sobered up a little and can walk in a straight line..." Jess suggested, "Walking's important in football... and running... and balance..."

Wither: Kevin deadpanned, "I am completely in charge of my coordination!" before he passed out.

Melati: And while the others still dined and talked, Melati ignored everything else, with the exception of the rest of the turkey, which she was affectionately cradling in her arms.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Re: 11/10 Game: Not So Thankful

Post by puppygirl »

Captain Broomhead!I am all for this! :D

Also, I really do love Jean-Paul so much ^^
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: 11/10 Game: Not So Thankful

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Temper, temper.

Jeez.

You know what Miles is thankful for? That he missed that. He's also super disappointed no one started a food-fight.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS