5/17 RP Transcripts

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Dr.Xavier enters this room

[Dr.Xavier] Charles Xavier sits quietly, awaiting hi students arrival

Jamie enters this room

Wanda enters this room

Wallflower enters this room

remy enters this room

[Dr.Xavier] He is well aware of the trouble in their recent trip to NYC. To the left of him is a rack containing an array of combat weapons.

Nocturne enters this room

[Jamie] "Ohh...shiny." Jamie laughed at the weapons behind Xavier.

[Dr.Xavier] "Good Morning children." he greets them.

[remy] Remy enters the stark room, looking around at its plain walls, other than the assortment of weapons

[Nocturne] TJ enters, noticing the Professor, and the weapons...

[Nocturne] She also notices Remy, and puts her head down, moving toward Wanda. "Hey."

[Wanda] Wanda wanders into the Danger Room and raises her eyebrows at the guns

[Dr.Xavier] ((no guns. Combat weapons))

[Jamie] "So now that you have greeted us "children" when will we have cookies and nap time." Jamie was a little annoyed at being called a kid.

[Wanda] "Hey, TJ" Wanda says, wondering why the blue girl is being so friendly today.

[Dr.Xavier] He watches as his students move abou the room, and notices the new face. "Ahh, Laurie, please, come over here."

[Wanda] Wanda also didn't appreciate being addressed as a child.

[Wanda] ((hehe guns))

[Wallflower] Laurie walked quietly and carefully over to the professor.

[Nocturne] "What's up with you?" she asks Wanda. She can't shake this fucking depression. And seeing him ALL THE TIME didnt make it better..

[Dr.Xavier] "Students, I'd like to introduce you to Laurie, a new student. I knwo you'll treat her with the same respect you do each other."

[Wanda] "Well, my headaches feeling better," Wanda said. "I haven't been to classes in a few days though."

[Wanda] "Did I miss anything exciting?"

[remy] Remy sighs as TJ continues to ignore him. He leans against the wall, folding his arms over his chest.

[Wanda] Wanda wonders why TJ seems to be ignoring Remy - did they have a fight?

[Wanda] Wanda smiles at Laurie as the new student is introduced.

[Wallflower] Laurie turned around halfway to look at the people whom she was being introduced to. Her eyes wanded back to the professor, worried about what she was supposed to do.

[Nocturne] "Thats good....about the headaches," she plays with some hair, looking up at the new girl. "Nothing exciting."

[Dr.Xavier] He smiled encouragingly at her. "You can go stand with your clasmates. I'd like to speak with you all."

[Wanda] "Okay," Wanda says, looking from TJ to Remy, "I was thinking of asking the professor for help with them."

[Dr.Xavier] "I am aware, students, of a certain..incident this past weekend in New York City."

[Wallflower] a word, the quiet girl ambled over to where the others were. She wandered a little away from them and leaned against the wall.

[Wanda] Uh-oh - the professor knew

[remy] Remy groaned.

[Nocturne] TJ sighed. Great, were they getting in trouble now?

[Dr.Xavier] "Please, I am not here to reprimand you. Though, I do wish these things wouldn't happen behind my back."

[Jamie] "Hmm...new kid's certainly social.." Jamie thought.

[Wanda] Wanda wondered if the professor also knew about them drugging Prof. Howlet...

[Dr.Xavier] "When I heard about the incident, I must say I was shocked. But also, I was afraid. Because I realised that certain things had not yet been stressed with you, certain things you perhaps hadn't been taught...that would help you."

[remy] Remy stayed back, watching as the new girl leaned on the same wall as him. She seemed a bit shy, but who wouldn't be coming into this weird mess.

[Dr.Xavier] He sighed. "The world can be a cruel place. Especially to those who are different. And fight as we may for acceptance, we must also know that it IS a fight. And we must know how to defend ourselves."

[remy] Remy's ears perked up at that. Sounded like a fair plan to him.

[Wanda] Wanda shuffled her feet - she didn't really want to think about what had happened in NY - or in Salem Center

[Dr.Xavier] "Each one of you was blessed with an ability unlike anyone else. And it is my intention to help you learn to use these abilities to your advantage."

[Dr.Xavier] "Today, I would like to focus on using your powers for self defense."

[Wallflower] Laurie took a very quick, embarassed glance at the person sharing the wall with her.

[Nocturne] TJ leaned next to Wanda, listening. She was embarrassed that she couldn't do anything against those guys.

[remy] Remy grinned. Blowing shit up was always good.

[remy] It always put him in a good mood.

[Dr.Xavier] ((BTW, Chlorine, are you familiar with the characters?? TJ is blue...if ya dont know ;) ))

[Wanda] Wanda looked over at TJ - she wondered how the girl was feeling after that incident in NY

[Nocturne] She put her head down.

[remy] He noticed the quick look from the new girl and grinned, winking at her.

[Wallflower] ((Well, I know basically who all the characters are.))

[Jamie] ((damn computer))

[remy] Lord knows it was hard enought to adjust to this place, never mind coming in dry.

[Dr.Xavier] "I have invited an old friend here to help show you how to uses your powers for self defence. He's a former marine, and of course, a mutant like ourselves."

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier turned his heard to the door. "Calvin, would you like to come meet the students?"

[Wanda] Lowering her voice so the prof wouldn't hear, "Hey, TJ, are you feeling okay?"

[Wanda] ((Mimic? Yay!))

Mimic enters this room

[Nocturne] She turns to Wanda, catching Remy in her glance. She huff.s "I'm fine."

[Jamie] Jamie walked over to the new girl "Hey Laurie, my names Jamie, but most people around here call me annoying." he joked.

[Jamie] ((yah Mimic.))

[Dr.Xavier] "Students, this is Sgt. Calvin Rankin."

[Wanda] Wanda nodded - she didn't think TJ sounded ok

[Mimic] Sgt Calvin Rankin strides into the room

[Nocturne] she notices the new guy. Tall.....built...jesus...like a tank.

[Wanda] Catching the glance to Remy, she asked, "Did you and Remy have a fight?"

[Wallflower] Laurie laughed a small laugh before she got the joke. "Hi, Jamie." She tapped her fingers on the wall.

[Nocturne] "I don't wanna talk about it," she glances away from Wanda.

[Mimic] He smiled at the students. I'm Sgt Rankin, but you can all call me Cal here, out of the marines, I don't stand on formality

[Nocturne] She stared at the man...mouth open slightly. She'd never seen a man like this.

[Wanda] Wanda takes in the new guy as well, he looked...serious

[remy] Remy watches as the new professor walks in. He's younger than he expected. Remy also doesn't miss the apprechiative looks from TJ.

[Nocturne] Chiseled body, gorgeous features.....crop of blonde hair..

[Mimic] ((btw - this is calvin http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/fo ... /mimic.jpg))

[Jamie] "So what's your power Laurie?"

[Wanda] ((Is he wearing goggles?))

[Wallflower] She looked over Jamie's shoulder at the new professor.

[Mimic] ((SHIT NO))

[Dr.Xavier] "If it is alright with you, Calvin, I will leave you to your work." Xavier winked at the man and wheeled out the door.

Dr.Xavier exits from this room

[Wanda] (( LOL ))

[Mimic] "sure thing"

[Nocturne] ((Cal is HOTTTTTT guys...so ya know ;) ))

[Wanda] Wanda crossed her arms, looking nervously at the new prof

[Mimic] Cal looks over the rag tag group. "so you all are...special, hey?"

[Wanda] just what exactly were they going to do today?

[Jamie] Jamie looked over at the new professor, he seemed interesting.

[Nocturne] TJ looked over the professor again. He certainly was special..

[Wallflower] "I...Can..." Laurie squirmed, "--Wait, the new professor is speaking to us."

[Mimic] "That is a double edged sword though. Because while you may have more going for you than the average joe, you will also face a lot more advasary because of it."

[Mimic] "so...what I want to know first off, is have any of you been in a fight?"

[Mimic] ((have any of you))

[Wanda] Wanda crossed her arms tighter and couldn't help looking over at TJ

[Jamie] "A few...." Jamie stated

[remy] Remy reluctantly raised his hand. "a few" he said with an ironic arch to his brow.

[Jamie] "Sometimes for real, sometimes praticing with myself."

[Mimic] "mmmmhmmm...well - any guy I know has. How about the ladies?

[Nocturne] TJ put her head down. She didn't want to answer..

[Mimic] ((LOLLLlL - and just what are you practiving by yourself fizz???))

[Wallflower] Laurie smally shook her head no.

[Nocturne] But looking up at the guy again....she sighed. Slowly she raised her hand..

[Jamie] ((with his dupes of course P ))

[Jamie] ((with his dupes of course P ))

[Wanda] Wanda partially raises her hand too

[Mimic] "Yeah?" he looked at the blue girl. Never seen one that was all blue like that, but she was pretty nonetheless.

[Jamie] ((ah.crap double post))

[Wanda] ((hic-cups!))

[Wallflower] ((Double post = fitting for Jamie))

[Nocturne] "Yes," she says, a bit nervously. His eyes....so blue. "last weekend."

[Nocturne] ((LOL WALLFLOWER!!))

[Mimic] "Oh yeah? The NY thing, eh? So how did that go for you?" He'd heard that they'd been in a scrap, but didn't know what had happened.

[Nocturne] She glanced down, embarrassed. "I lost."

[remy] Remy scowled at the way the proffessor and TJ were interacting...the guy was like what? 10 yrs older than her?

[Jamie] ((oh...sure again with the Multiple jokes, and might I remind you Nocturne student/teacher realationships of that sort are frowned on ; )

[Nocturne] ((The GM wil tell you whats frowned upon!))

[Wallflower] ((brb))

[Nocturne] ((k))

[Mimic] "Well...that's what we are here to discuss today. How to creatively think about our powers, and how we are going to use them. So we don't lose"

[Nocturne] "Ok," she stared at the man.

[remy] "So what den 'omme. Y'want us to bonk each over de 'eads for de next hour?"

[Jamie] "We'd have a full room if we did that."

[Mimic] "Not quite." Cal smiled at the young man. That one had spunk. Probabally would be the one to rush into stuff without thinking too.

[Wanda] TJ seemed fixated by the blue-eyed blonde guy

[Mimic] "So let's start with a name, and what you can do." He strode to the center of the room. "if I could get you all to line up?"

[Nocturne] TJ steps foward. "TJ!"

[remy] Remy reluctantly shoved off the wall and stood in front of the man.

[remy] TJ beat him to it.

[Nocturne] She blushes slightly at everyone looking at her. "I can do these bwamp things. And possess people."

[remy] Crap. Just fantastic! This should be a fun afternoon.

[Nocturne] (( evil ))

[Mimic] "Bwamp things?" calvin arches a brow.

[Wallflower] Laurie, attention drawn by his accent, watched her wallmate step away

[Nocturne] She thinks for a second. "Yeah, um, like...I shoot these things. And they go bwamp. I don;t knwo how to describe it..."

[Mimic] "Oh...I see." well he kinda did. "So do they act as a sort of...explosion?

[Nocturne] "Yeah, like that I guess," she answers.

[Wallflower] She stepped foreward as well, a little behind the others.

[Mimic] "And the possession thing...useful talents that." He looked at her thoughfully. "so what did you use against the people you had a problem with?"

[Jamie] "Whereas with me, my power is very simple, I'm the walking Xerox machine, Jamie Madrox, at yer service." Jamie introduced himself.

[Jamie] ((oops....meant for that post to come a bit sooner....))

[Nocturne] "Umm..." she looked away. "Nothing."

[Mimic] Mimic smiled wryly at the next introduction. "So you can multiply yourself?"

[Wallflower] She smiled slightly at Jamie's introduction.

[Mimic] He turned back to TJ. "Ah. Well lots of people freeze up - that is the reason that we are doing this training today. To learn how to react instinctually."

[Nocturne] She smiled at him, blushing slightly.

[Mimic] "and how about you?" he nodded to the dark curly haired girl.

[Jamie] "Yup,always have greater numbers if I'm in a fight." Jamie smiled "A great line to use is "Betcha a punch will make me double over."

[Nocturne] ((OMG they gave me a free bagette!!))

[Wanda] "Umm," Wanda said, "I'm Wanda and I do hex bolts."

[Mimic] "ahh - and I take that is similar to the...what was it, bwamps?" he said smiling.

[Jamie] ((this is like an AA meeting, my name is Jamie and I'm an alcholic :p))

[Wanda] Wanda shrugs, "Not exactly, they alter probability, and make...unexpected things happen."

[Mimic] "Can you control it at all?"

[Wanda] "Well," Wanda said taking a breath, "Not really. I mean something usually happens, but I never can tell exactly what."

[Mimic] "Alright. That is an interesting one." He nodded towards the young blonde "How about you?"

[Wallflower] "Me?" Laurie asked, eyes widening slightly.

[Mimic] Cal grins encouragingly at her. "Yes you."

[Nocturne] TJ looked to the new girl She looked nice...shy. Kinda pretty, she supposed.

[Wallflower] She closed her mouth and thought for a moment. "I can...Control..." She moved her hands around inf ront of her, thinking of a word, "Chemicals."

Cypher enters this room

[Mimic] "Chemicals..." He frowned trying to grasp what the student meant. "you mean like change them? Like in the laboritory sort of way?"

[Cypher] (( Mimic? Sweet. ((

[Jamie] "That's an interesting power, but what can you do with them."Jamie asked aloud

[remy] ((wooo doug - perfect timing!!))

[remy] Remy waves doug over to him.

[Nocturne] TJ notices Doug enter. She waves.

[Jamie] Jamie saw Doug enter the room "Hey Doug." he waved.

[Wallflower] "No..." She frowned a little and decided to get it over with, "I can control how people feel."

[remy] Whispering he fills doug in "new 'omme. Gonna teach us 'ow to fight w' de powers."

[Cypher] Doug runs in and notices the waving. He waves back to TJ and jogs over to Remy. "Oh... gotcha. Sorry I'm late..." ((tshirt for tonight - http://www.threadless.com/product/461/Undercover_Pirate ))

[Nocturne] She sees Doug run to Remy. Well, weren't they fast friends? She crossed her arms.

[Wanda] Wanda notices Doug's shirt - was that why he was so late to class? Were he and Raven playing pirates again?

[Mimic] "Ah - now that is a handy power."

[Cypher] He looked around at who was attending and nodded to those he knew, then noticed a new girl among the rest

[Mimic] He nods towards the auburn haired man with the scowl "and how about you?"

[remy] "Remy. An I blow shit up." He grins cockily at the blonde teacher.

[Mimic] "Blow. Shit. Up." cal laughs. "well, that has its obvious uses.

Cibo enters this room

[Jamie] "That's a interesting power." Jamie was impressed.

[Mimic] Nodding to the late comer he sighs. What now. "And how about you?"

[Nocturne] ((Hey Cigo, we're rping! feel free to watch!))

[Cypher] He caught TJ's look and sighed. Maybe someone had overheard his drunken ramblings the other night?

[Nocturne] ((Cibo**)

[Cypher] "Me? I'm Doug Ramsey, and I don't think my power would help much in a fight."

[Mimic] "Every power can be used...you just need to think creatively!" He nods encouraginly "so what is it?"

[Nocturne] She looks toward the blonde man again. Yeah. He was hot.

[Cypher] Uncomfortable with all the attention, but not wanting to let the new teacher down came out with it. "I know languages."

[Mimic] For once he is stumped. "You know languages?"

[Cypher] He nodded. "Yeah. That's it."

[Mimic] "Like...you are a universal translator?"

[Cypher] "Basically. I think."

[Mimic] Snapping his fingers Cal smiles. "Intel...that's what's perfect!"

[Mimic] "So - have any of you actually ever used your powers in a fight?"

[remy] Remy nodded.

[Nocturne] TJ shook her head, looking around the room.

[Wanda] Wanda shifted her weight from one foot to the other - not really wanting to admit that she had

[Cypher] He shook his head, wondering how intel would help during a fight.

[Wallflower] Laurie shook her head as well.

[Jamie] "It's kinda hard not too, when a punch from the other guy triggers your mutation."

[Mimic] well...he had a bunch of rookies here. At least he could train them his way.

[Mimic] "have any of you had any other training? Like any fighting skills that are...of the average variety?

[Nocturne] TJ shook her head again. What did he think?

[Cypher] He shook his head again.

[Wallflower] Nocturne> Thank you...

[Cypher] Now, avoiding fights he had worked very hard on...

[Nocturne] Like sh grew up in Mortal Kombat or something...

[remy] Remy folded his arms. "A bit, oui."

[Jamie] "A wee bit...."

[Nocturne] She glanced at Remy, then quickly away. He was being such a jerk to the new professor.

[Mimic] Ohhh...so it was the cocky one. He could peg this one as a bunch of trouble.

[Wanda] Wanda shook her head too - her parents were dedicated pacifists

[Wallflower] Laurie wondered if thumb wrestling counted. But she shook her head no.

[Mimic] Purposefully ignoring him he nodded over to...what was his name...Jamie? "so Jamie what do you have training in?"

[Mimic] ((LOL!!! Chlorine - I am loving you))

[Cypher] He glanced back and forth, wondering if anyone had actually trained, and as he did he noticed he'd somehow wound up in between Remy and TJ. Oops...

[remy] ((HAHAHAHA))

[Mimic] ((fizzit??))

[Nocturne] (( evil ))

[Mimic] He nodded towards the impressive selection of armory on the wall. "used any of that stuff?"

[Jamie] ((ahh....))

[Nocturne] She looked at the weaponry. Pfft. Oh yeah, she had nuncucks at home..

[remy] "Remy 'as."

[Jamie] "I've send my dupes to do things...I think I now Karate, and some other crap, I can't really remeber." Jamie shrugged.

[Cypher] Forget raiding Howlet's prop closet, he wanted to get his hands on some of this stuff next time the RenFest came through town.

[Nocturne] ((*nunchucks))

[Nocturne] (((LOL DOUG!!))

[Mimic] Cal turned back to the...what was that accent...cajun? Little backwater hick no doubt.

[Mimic] "What have you used?"

[Nocturne] She narrowed her eyes at Remy....was he fucking with them?

[Wallflower] Laurie's eyes followed the new professor's gesture towards the frightening array of weaponry, then pictured her classmates pulverizing her with it. She looked at her feet, laughing a little in her head.

[remy] Remy smiled slowly, walking over to the rack. He selected a couple of staffs, and walked back to the teacher, throwing one at him.

[Nocturne] ((OMG THE STAFF!))

[Mimic] Cal caught it up easily, smiling at the young mans cocky stance. So the boy thought he knew how to fight eh?

[Mimic] "Lets see what you know then..."

[Nocturne] She raised an eyebrow. What the hell was going on?

[Cypher] Doug watched a little nervously. Were they actually going to fight? Would he have to be next?

[Nocturne] ((LOL!))

[remy] Remy grinned, spinning his slowly to warm up, walking away from the others, keeping an eye on Cal.

[Mimic] Cal held the staff loosely. He waited for the cajun to make the first move.

[remy] Remy jumped forward, sweeping low beneath the man's guard, trying to sweep his feet from under him. He winced as the vibration from the first move was easily countered.

[remy] Heh. A challenge then. Remy liked those.

[Nocturne] Her eyes widened. She'd never seen anything like this before...

[Mimic] Cal followed through with his block, hitting the young man hard with an assortment of moves. he was pleasantly suprized when Remy countered them. So it wasn't all bravado then.

Mystique enters this room

[Nocturne] ((is everyone else still with us?? frozen??))

[remy] ((WOOOO EM!!!!)))

[Wanda] (( wave ) ))

[Nocturne] This was....wow..this was damn hot in a way. She sighed sadly...

[Nocturne] (hey em!!))

[Cypher] (( Woo! ))

[Cypher] Note to self - do not piss of Remy or this teacher...

[Mimic] Cal waited until he saw one small opening, moving in to poke the boy sharply in the gut.

[Nocturne] ((Mimic is such a fucking brilliant prof))

[remy] "whoof" Remy backed up, but didn't lose his balance.

[Mystique] ((Hey! I'm alive. typing kind of hurts. Mayve Raven has laryngitis?))

[Nocturne] She noticed her roommate peeking in. She waved.

[Mimic] "good. Lets stop at that."

[Nocturne] ((Sounds good! Do you wanna just watch??))

[Mimic] He nodded towards the new gothy girl. "And what's your name?"

[Mimic] ((i won't engage you lost em..))

[remy] Remy nodded, catching the staff that the prof lobbed back at him, placing them back in the racks.

[Mystique] "Hey," Raven said scratchily. "I'm Raven. Sorry. Late. Throat."

[Cypher] Man, if Remy couldn't beat this guy there was no way he stood a chance...

[remy] He rubbed ruefully at his gut and wandered back over to Doug, scowling at the way TJ hung off of this guys every word

[Mystique] She pointed for emphasis.

[Nocturne] ((OMG I love doug))

[Nocturne] TJ frowned at Raven. Note to self....keep my shit off her side of the room.

[Mimic] "Oh! Well welcome Raven, and feel free to have a seat on the bench over there if you aren't feeling well. You will learn a lot from just watching everyone else anyway."

[Wallflower] Laurie pondered over the unsually large amount of blueness in her classmates.

[Mimic] "The point today however, isn't to pound people with your fists, but to use your brain to find ways around it."

[Mystique] Frowning, Raven trudged over to the benches and sat down.

[Mimic] "the best way to win a fight, is to avoid it in the first place."

[Mystique] ((Raven doesn't go about looking blue Wallflower. ) ))

[Cypher] He wondered if he could fake a cough or something and go join her...

[Nocturne] Wallflower> ((Raven is not blue. She makes herself look normal in front of everyone else))

[Wallflower] Nocturne> ((Mkay ^^))

[Wallflower] Laurie unponders her previous ponderance.

[Nocturne] ((LOL!))

[remy] Remy nodded at Raven, before the smile slipped from his face again. Just what had TJ told her anyway?

[remy] ((HAHAHAHA!!!)))

[Mimic] "so do any of you have any idea on how you could possibly use your powers to get out of a fight?"

[Nocturne] TJ raised her hand a bit. "Um, I guess I could...bwamp at them?"

[Cypher] He looked away and scratched the back of his head ... getting out of a fight generally meant hiding somewhere long enough for the bully to lose interest.

[Mimic] "Yes...that's good. And the same goes for 'blowing shit up'." he chucles in remy's direction. "but that is bound to attract attention to you as well - which can be bad.

[Nocturne] Attract attention? She wondered if Cal needed glasses.

[Mimic] ((ROTFLMAO))

[Mimic] "As in, its better to sometimes distract others, rather than going for the straight defensive."

[Mystique] Raven thought from her lonely position on the bench. She knew nothing about fighting. Maybe she could do stuff from gymnastics to like, flip out of the way or something.

[Mimic] ((awww em...join in whenever...))

[Nocturne] ((Nocturne need to take a quick "driving home" break. I'll be back in, like, 10 minutes. Pretend Im still here drooling over Mimic P )

[Mystique] (( P ))

[Mimic] "For example...I have the power to make ice." Mimic demonstrated, making a small sculputre which he smilingly presented to wanda. "So I could freeze someone in their tracks."

[Mimic] "But it would be better, if I am in a public place, and want to aviod detection, to use it perhaps to slick the path..."

Nocturne exits from this room

[remy] Remy suddenly scrambles on the slick floor beneath him, glaring at the teacher, sliding over to a dry patch of floor.

[Mimic] "that way, its not as obivious...and I am not making myself as much as a target for happeners by."

[Mystique] Raven scratched her head. How was she supposed to use HER powers like THAT?

[Wallflower] Laurie let out a single and uncharictaristically loud laugh at Remy.

[Mystique] The best distraction she could do was suddenly turn into a scantily clad cocktail waitress or something and escape while everyone was trying to look at her boobs.

[Mimic] "So! Do any of you have any thoughts on how to subtley make use of your gifts?"

[Mimic] ((LOL!!! SO SAY THAT EM!!))

[Mystique] And Doug, what was Doug going to do? Speak Persian?

[Mystique] ((Raven's in her 'corner o' sarcasm!))

[Mimic] Cal watched as the students all stared mutely at him. This was going fabulously.

[Cypher] "I'm ... still not really clear on how my power's gonna help in a fight, sir."

[Wallflower] She considered the professor's question. Her powers could be used in an almost exclusively subtle manner...

[Mimic] "well..." calvin frowned at the quiet nerdy kid. Jeesh...it would be him to pipe up first. "You could I suppose pretend to be from another country. They may have pity on you..."

[Mystique] TJ though, she had something going on, as long as she was fighting this new professor she could do the slick floor thing with all the drool...

[Wallflower] You could certainly win in a name-calling battle, Laurie wanted to point out to Cypher.

[Cypher] "Oh... okay. I'll try that, sir."

[Mystique] Raven stood up. Pity! Doug was cool. She raised her hand.

[Mimic] "OK" Calvin massaged his brow quickly. "And how about you then Raven?"

[Mystique] "Sorry," she rasped "but it seems like 'trying to get your opponent to pity you' isn't a very good defense. No offense..."

[Mystique] "There's got to be something better than that?"

[Mimic] "No...none taken. I agree." He frowned in thought. "I can see how you'd be absolutely invaluable in code breaking and stuff...but defensively...I will think on it."

[Mimic] "But how about you then Raven...we never did find out what your power was."

[Mystique] Raven looked over at Doug and shrugged.

[remy] Remy looked over his shoulder at the goth girl. Would she spill?

[Cypher] He smiled a little at Raven. At least she tried.

[Mystique] Raven stared at the professor for a moment. Was that the deal, telling this new guy their powers?

[Mimic] ((I'm sorry doug!!! ( ))

[Wallflower] Laurie continued to wonder about Doug's problem. What about attacking with foreign-language tongue-twisters?

[Mystique] "Espionage and covert operations," Raven said with a wink at Remy.

[Mimic] Cal sighed at the stony silence of the group. Not that he blamed them really - he knew how hard he'd hidden his "abilities". But these kids need to learn how to use their skills.

[Mimic] "Oh yeah! Very useful that!" So then...who next. He spotted the Wanda again, hiding quietly in the back.

[Mimic] "And your power...can people tell you are using it to change probabalilities?"

[Mystique] Raven grinned and sat back down. Honestly, what fun was a power like hers if everyone knew it was her?

Nocturne enters this room

[Nocturne] ((returned))

[Wallflower] ((Hola))

[Mystique] ((huzzah!!))

[Mimic] ((chic???))

[Wanda] Wanda shrugged, "Not really. It happens pretty quick."

[Nocturne] TJ giggled at Raven's answer.

[Mimic] Mimic snapped his fingers "then that's another great one! People don't have to know what you are doing...and all yu have to do is watch for your opportunity and seize it."

[Mimic] Mimic noticed TJ giggling. "And how about you then? This possession thing...how do you think you could use it?

[Nocturne] Cal was SO smart.

[Nocturne] She stopped at that.thinking. "Um..I could....possess them?"

[Wallflower] ((brb))

[Cypher] Well, another gym class he wasn't so good with ... maybe he could convince the teacher to train with swords. That'd be cool...

[remy] Remy sighed and shifted on his feet. What was this? 20 questions?

[Wallflower] Laurie smiled at Nocturne's answer.

[Mimic] "Yes...but how could you use that to your advantage? Possess on person out of 20 - and you still have 19 to deal with, right?"

[Nocturne] She heard Remy sigh and glanced over her shoulder. Was he sighing at her?

[Nocturne] She shrugged. "I dunno. Possess the leader or something?"

[Nocturne] GAH she could use a smoke.

[Mystique] Raven leaned against the wall and blew her bangs out of her face. We're they fighting when she came in? That was way cooler.

[Mimic] Cal clapped and then pointed at her. "Exactly! That is the point of this - hit them where it most counts! You have to think smart here!"

[Mimic] "Its not enough to just do the first thing that springs to mind...you have to outwit these guys."

[Nocturne] She smiled. She was right!

[Mystique] Raven schooled her features into neutrality. TJ alternately throwing longing looks at Remy and making bedroom eyes at the professor was just too much!

[Mimic] "While your powers make your abilites greater than the average person, they will also throw way more obsticles your way - so you have to think in order to win. Its not enough to count on your ablilities to get you out of scrapes."

[Mimic] "So what about your...chemical thing...laurie? Any ideas on how you could make that work?"

[Wallflower] Laurie jumped a little at the sound of her name. She'd been relaxing in her ignored state. "Um..." She could make her opponent suddenly fall madly in love with her. "I could make someone intimidated..."

[Mimic] Cal nodded thoughtfully. "So you manipulate human chemicals then?"

[Mystique] Raven looked over at the new student. She seemed pretty cool. But "chemical thing"? What was that about?

[Wallflower] "Uh, yes. Like...In their brains." She squinted at how mad scientistish this sounded.

[Cypher] "Pheromones?"

[Wallflower] "Yes."

[Mimic] "Now that is very useful. Better yet, you could convince them that you are no threat, or that their comerades are the threat."

[Wallflower] She smiled a little at the idea, but then backed away from it. It seemed too evil. But she nodded sheepishly in agreeance with her professor's proposal.

[Nocturne] TJ stared at the other girl. What the hell were they talking about??

[Mimic] Cal looked over the students. "The point that I am making here, is that 90% of the fight is mental. You need to outsmart people, rather than out power them."

[Nocturne] TJ nodded at Cal, a small smile on her face.

[Mimic] "And that all takes practice, people. Or you will lock up the first time someone says 'boo' to you."

[Cypher] He nodded - standing up to bullies wasn't exactly his strong suit.

[Mystique] Raven breathed a sigh of relief. Pheromones she could deal with. At first she pictured sharing a bathroom with someone who leached out toxic waste. Pheromones was nothin'

[Wallflower] Laurie had the urge to whisper "Boo" to the person next to her.

[Mimic] "So! What you all need to consider is how to use your talents in creative, new ways. And practice people!" He nodded at the group. "that means, use your powers. Get comforatable with them."

[Nocturne] TJ nodded. She could do that.

[Cypher] Doug thought to his iPod and constantly growing library of foreign language CDs and movies and books and ... yeah.

[Mystique] Raven thought about the people in the park in New York City, how Remy had bundled TJ into the cab and run away. The professor was right. Those guys hadn't been any different than any other random NYC assholes.

[Mimic] "In a few weeks, we are going to practice more...try and see how you can react in real life."

[Wallflower] Get comfortable? Laurie raised her eyebrows in slight amusement, seeing as she felt using her powers was somewhat morally wrong.

[remy] Remy sighed. Maybe that was the way...he couldn't be around to protect TJ. In fact, fat chance she was going to let him within 5 meters of her anymore. It was best if she learned how to keep herself safe.

[Mystique] She had been dealing with ignorant jerks in the city since ... since before she had powers. Now, it was just better since she new if she needed to, she could become a bigger asshole then they were.

[Cypher] Oh no ... he was going to have to fight!

[remy] Still...he didn't like the way that TJ hung off of every word out of this guys mouth.

[Mimic] "Was a pleasure meeting you all. You have half an hour left of class to brainstorm amongst yourselves. I am going for a coffee." he winked at them, and stode out of the room, leaving them to their own devices.

[Nocturne] She watched him leave. He wasn't so bad fom the back either.

Mimic exits from this room

[Mystique] Raven laughed silently. "He was going for a coffee."

[Nocturne] She turned to the rest of the room. What were they supposed to be doing now?

[Wallflower] Laurie whithered as the professor strode out of the room. The classroom feel crumbled around her and the word "socialization" crawled around in her head.

[Cypher] (( frozen? ))

[remy] Remy sighed and walked over to Doug. How in the hell did one "subtely" blow shit up. He charged stuff - it went boom.

[Cypher] "Hey Remy. You're pretty good at fighting - I had no idea!"

[Nocturne] She watched Remy and Doug for a second, before sighing and turning to her roommate. "Whats up with you? sick?"

[remy] "T'anks Doug." He shrugged. "Y'pick stuff up on de streets."

[Mystique] Raven stood up and straightened her skirt before going over to brainstorm with her fellow students. Brainstorm. He really said that.

[Mystique] TJ had come by. "Yeah," she whispered. "I sound worse than I feel though. Nurse Annie said drink tea."

[remy] Remy noticed the new girl shyly skirting the group. "Hey...Laurie is it? C'mon over 'ere."

[Nocturne] She rolled her eyes. "Nurse Annie's a genius. I could have told you that..."

[Nocturne] TJ noticed Remy beckoning the new girl. She crossed her arms.

[Wallflower] Laurie blinked at Remy and hurried over.

[Mystique] She kind of wanted to talk to Doug, but Remy was over there. This whole break up thing was screwing with her social life. Damn small school...

[Nocturne] Nice, normal, blonde girl.

[remy] ((AHAHAHAHA))

[remy] "So, y'just got 'ere today den petite?"

[Cypher] He looked over at Raven and TJ and knew he'd never get a minute with Raven with the social scene like this ... In a low voice to Remy, "Hey, I'm gonna go say hi to Raven and see how she's feeling, okay?"

[Mystique] "At least she didn't prescribe contraceptives. I think she gives condoms to everyone that walks into her office as a matter of course."

[Wallflower] She took a moment to wade through his accent. "Yes."

[remy] "Oui - no problem."

[Nocturne] TJ sighed. "She must have stock in them or something." She kept watching Remy out of the corner of her eye.

[remy] He sighed and looked at Doug. "so what did y'make of de new prof den?"

[Cypher] He smiled, "Cool, see you in a little bit." He nodded to Laurie, then walked over to the other two girls. "Uh, hey."

[Mystique] Doug was coming over to them. That was good. Which left Remy alone with the new girl which would give TJ coniptions. That was bad.

[remy] Remy scowled as he was left on the outskirts of the group. That wasn't a situation he was used to.

[Nocturne] "hey Doug," TJ said....distracted.

[Cypher] "So it looks like you guys are pretty good on this subtle use of powers in a fight, right?"

[Wallflower] "Which one? They're...All of them are new."

[Mystique] "Hey Doug," Raven said, "ready to brainstorm a whole series of strategies in pity?" Raven rolled her eyes.

[remy] Remy laughed. "Didn' think of it dat way. Pretty crazy though, non?

[Nocturne] "I think it's a good idea..." she responded.

[Cypher] "Yeah well ... I don't have any other ideas yet."

[Cypher] "I'm just used to hiding somewhere until the bully gets bored and leaves..."

[Mystique] "Pretend to be WEAK? What good is that?"

[Wallflower] "Non. Yes. The bald guy..." She swayed a little. "Pretty crazy." She noticed that her and this Remy guy were isolated and wondered if that was her fault.

[Cypher] "I don't know if there's much pretense there, honestly..."

[Mystique] Raven frowned. "Plus, since when did we start talking about facing down enemies? Who are 'these guys' that he was talking about?"

[Cypher] Doug wasn't sure he liked where this conversation was going, especially in front of two attractive girls.

[Nocturne] "I think he probably knows what he's talking about. He was a marine."

[remy] He grinned. "Well, de school takes some time to get used to. Where y'from?"

[Nocturne] Her attention was pretty fully on Remy and the blonde at this point. They seemed to be getting closer...

[Cypher] "Most martial arts are learned for self defense against an un-defined enemy. I just figured it was the same thing."

Dr.Xavier enters this room

>[Dr.Xavier] Welcome to the New and Improved Nightscrawlers Chat! If you are new to chat pick a color at the bottom and join in. We are glad to be back and we are glad to have you with us. Please help us continually improve our service to you by reporting any errors or problems you experience in chat in our technical support forums. Thank you!

[Wallflower] "California, sort of. I lived there most recently."

[Mystique] Raven looked over at Doug. This was dumb. It was a pain to talk. TJ wasn't paying attention anyway. And she already missed the old days when they all could hang out.

[Dr.Xavier] ((Im not actually here...))

[remy] "Oh, Oui?" Remy nodded. "An if y'thought dat california was crazy, it don' 'ave anythin' on 'ere."

[Mystique] ((let's hear it for astral projection! ))

[Nocturne] She frowned at their interaction.

[remy] Remy noticed a peeved look from the corner of TJ's eye. Why was she?? Ohhhh....

[Dr.Xavier] ((I cant help but read your minds! Your all PROJECTING!))

[Mystique] "Yeah, but we never really talked about defense before." Raven said clearing her throat. She addressed Doug because TJ was just staring at Remy now.

[Wallflower] Laurie followed Remy's eyes. "Who is she?" She asked.

[Nocturne] Of course he was interested in her. She was pretty. Blonde. NORMAL.

[Cypher] "Well..." He kept his voice down because he didn't want to attract attention to his next statement, "We've never been attacked like that before..."

[Nocturne] She turned away quick when the girl looked at her.

[remy] It made his heart leap a little in hope, but it fell with the question. "Dat's TJ. Nice girl. She's from Arizona."

[remy] He didn't really know what to say...

[Nocturne] What a dick. What a complete asshole. They havent even been broken up days now, an he's hitting on other girls.

[remy] he wasn't really willing to admit that she was his ex quite yet.

[remy] but yet...it was obvious that they had some tension going on.

[Wallflower] "Oh.

[Mystique] "True, " said Raven, "But I would say that sometimes it's better to have a good offense and just meet new people right away before you go and assume the worst about them. You know what I mean?"

[Nocturne] She could feel tears sting at her eyes, and decided it best if she didn't lose it in front of everyone.

[Wallflower] "I don't really know anybody..."

[Cypher] "Yeah, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared, just in case. Trust me, I'm all about talking it out before anything happens. But sometimes it just doesn't work out, right?"

[Nocturne] "I'm going upstairs," she said quietly to Raven, heading out the door.

[remy] "Well...none of us did when we first got 'ere. Butcha'll fit in jus' fine petite"

Nocturne exits from this room

[remy] He watched as TJ swept out of the room frowning in confusion. He didn't know what he was supposed to think with her acting the way she was.

[Mystique] Raven watched TJ leave. "I guess not," she said. One of the cool things about laryingitis was that you didn't have to bother whispering.

[Wallflower] Laurie nodded. Her thoughts were now on what Remy's deal with TJ might be, if there was one. She felt like she'd stepped on his tail by asking who TJ was.

[Cypher] He saw her go and turned to Raven. "Do you think we should see if she's okay?"

[remy] He smiled a bit guiltily over at Doug and Raven. "C'mon petite, time to meet de others."

[Dr.Xavier] ((i think TJs gone gone...i need to go to bed soon anyway..))

[Cypher] (( np ))

[remy] He wandered over to the two, leading Laurie over to them. "So...dat was...interestin, non?"

[Cypher] "Yeah, I think I'm going to fail my first homework assignment..."

[remy] "Good idea though. Y'ave to know 'ow to defend yourself."

[remy] He grinned at Doug. "Y'll find a way 'omme. De prof said its 90% mental...and y'got dat!"

[Wallflower] Laurie laughed a little at Doug's statement.

[Mystique] "I'll talk to her," Raven said. She cleared her throat again. "Or use semaphore or American Sign Language or something"

[Cypher] He shook his head. "But to use my powers? I mean, if they're superstitious I could chant some latin in a creepy voice, but that'd probably just get me burned as a witch."

[remy] Remy thought on TJ's sudden departure. Could it be that she was jealous...?"

[Cypher] He waved to Raven. "Hey, get better soon."

[remy] And if so...what did that mean? "See y'Rave'"

[Mystique] "I'm supposed to drink tea."

[Mystique] She waved back at Doug and Remy.

[remy] Remy chuckled at Doug. "Well, y'could insult dem, an dey wouldn't even know it...dats got to count for somethin'

[Cypher] "Not really ... most of my insults went over their heads anyway. They just assume the worst and act accordingly."

[remy] He scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Y could distract dem for a bit, by speakin' crazy. It'd make dem think twice, non?"

[Cypher] "Well, that or the aforementioned witch burning."

[Wallflower] "Or you could talk to them in their native language...And say something in an intimidating father's voice. Remind them of a bad childhood..." She laughed at how stupid her idea sounded outside of her head.

[Mystique] "Or you could call over your many large friends in different languages."

[Cypher] "See, calling in friends is something I'm used to."

[Dr.Xavier] ((OK, now I gotta go to bed.....nite everyone!!))

[Mystique] ((Is it over?))

[Cypher] (( take care! ))

[Wallflower] ((Night))

[Cypher] (( I've got things I could go do if so ))

[remy] ((SEE YOU))

[Mystique] ((Later Nacht!))

[remy] ((want to wrap then?))

[remy] ((OK - so thanks everyone...see you in the main room))

[Dr.Xavier] ((you guys dont have to stop for me...))

[Cypher] (( I'm down with that ))

[Mystique] "Speaking of friends, I must go get tea and comfort 'her blueness'." Raven said. "See you guys later?"

[Cypher] "I think I'm gonna go figure this out... take care guys, nice meeting you Laurie."

[remy] Remy chuckled and walked out of the room with the group. "well, dat's what friends are for, non?"

[Cypher] He smiled at Raven. "Definitely."

[Dr.Xavier] ((her blueness!! LOL))

[Mystique] ((Get it? Raven is blue too. ha ha ha...))

[Cypher] (( hope you had fun, chlorine! ))

[Wallflower] Laurie smiled at the others and began to leave as well, a little behind them.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€