6/29 Instance: Room to Rent?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

6/29 Instance: Room to Rent?

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Remy: Remy knocked at the door, and let himself in at the call. "Thanks for d' meetin'. Know y've been busy lately."

DrXavier: "Yes, well, we all have in a way. Though the end of the semester means time to procrastinate is running out," He gave Remy a smile, gesturing at the pile of papers on his desk.

DrXavier: "Take a seat, Mr. Lebeau. What is it you wanted to see me about?"

Remy: He sat and decided to get to the point. "Well, y' know about my son, oui? TJ was plannin' on returnin' next semester, wit' him."

Remy: "I wanted t' meet wit' y' t' arrange things for dem."
DrXavier: "Yes, I'm not sure I have had a chance to congradulate you on that," he wasn't sure if 'congradulations' was the right thing to say in this case either. "And I was aware that Ms. Palmer would be joining us again. I'll admit I never expected to have to house an infant.."

Remy: He gave a wry smile at the congratulations. "Well, I didn't expect t' be a father either, mais here we are."

Remy: "Its a bit of a problem though...I can't imagine dat TJ or Johnny or anyone else would get much sleep or be comfortable if he was wit' here in a regular room."

DrXavier: "Well, I wouldn't expect to room Ms. Palmer and your son with another student. I'm not sure that'd be fair to anyone. We can arrange to give them their own room set apart from the main...insanity of the student dorms, I suppose," he replied.

Remy: "Merci. I think dat would be best." Dieu, the stuff that his Papa had him doing was starting to rub off. He could almost feel that buisness facade dropping over him.

Remy: "I would also ask dat y' consider one other thing. I wish t' be as present for my son as possible. If dere was a way dat I could be closer t' him rather dan in a regular room, it would allow me t' care for him durin' d' night as well. I wouldn't ask for dis for my convienience, mais it would be difficult t' say d' least t' console a cryin' baby while tryin' t' respect my roommate." he briefly thought of Jean-Paul. No. Not good at all.

DrXavier: He sat back in his chair, thinking. "I suppose, if it's what you want, we can give you and Talia joining rooms, seperate from the rest of the school. So you can both be close to the child. Would that work for you?"

Remy: "Oui. I was thinkin' maybe perhaps havin' Johnny in d' middle of us two, in his own room, if dat would work. I think TJ'd still like her distance from me, an' I can respect dat. Sides which, it would make it easier on us both."

Remy: "If y' are comfortable wit' givin' us dat space, I'll arrange for d' renovations."

DrXavier: Xavier smiled at him. "I don't think that'd be a problem at all. We do have plenty of space, even with the new students arriving."

DrXavier: "We can set aside three rooms at the very end of the men's dorms, for yourself, Talia, and your son. You can feel free to so with them what you wish, on one condition."

Remy: He tilted his head. "An' dat is?"

DrXavier: "Just, when you all leave, I'd appreciate if you returned the rooms to the way they were," he told him. "I don't mind them being changed as long as they're back for our next students, of course."

Remy: "Of course." He nodded. "I'll start dat as soon as d' rest of d' students leave for summer den."

Remy: He held out his hand to Xavier. "I appreciate dis opportunity. It will help me an' TJ t' both be parents till we can get a more permenant custodial arrangement up an' runnin'."

DrXavier: Xavier shook his hands. "Well, it's quite admirable of you, Mr. Lebeau. Many men have left in these circumstances."

DrXavier: "I look forward to meeting your son as well," he couldn't help a little smile. "The first in my next generation of students."

Remy: He chuckled a bit at that. "Well, its gonna be a while, I think. He's still pretty small."

DrXavier: "Yes, well, it's never too early to start on a successful education! How old is he, then? I've lost track with all of the goings on here...I'm not sure I know I've been told much about him other than you do now have a son."

Remy: "Jus' over five weeks. I don' think he's gonna be good for much more dan 'gah' anytime soon, prof."

Remy: He pulled out his wallet, and flipped open to a recent picture. "Dat's him. He's growin' like a weed."

DrXavier: He smiled at the picture. "Well, he's a handsome little one. And don't be too sure on what to expect from him..they can surprise you," He passed the picture back.

Remy: "Je sais. Never knew dat much could come out of one little baby, I'll tell y' dat much." He smiled. "An' its good. TJ's been worried. Hopefully she'll feel better now dat dis is cleared up."

DrXavier: "Indeed," he said. "Was there anything else you needed to speak with me about? I can make as much time as you like, but the paperwork does call."

Remy: "Non. Dat should be it. I'll try an' keep all dis t' a minimum of fuss. Merci for y're time."

DrXavier: "You're very welcome," he started pulling papers out of the pile as Remy stood. "And have a good summer, of course."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.