7/31 Instance: Spi-dra!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

7/31 Instance: Spi-dra!

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for the day after [Instance]Hail Piedra!

<Shaw> The next morning, Sebastian was out of bed relatively early, despite the temptation of his lovely wife. After digging around in his bag for a time, he produced a small handheld meter and began a methodical scan of the room.

<Jessica> Jess woke to find the bed empty beside her and sat up rather quickly, worried she'd somehow dreamt the previous night, "Sebastian...?"

<Shaw> "Yes?" He heard her movement and poked his head out of the bathroom, smiling at her wild hair. "I'm still very disappointed I missed most of your most recent blonde phase, love." Realizing she looked and felt distressed, he came out of the bathroom, meter in hand. "Are you alright, koibito?"

<Jessica> "You weren't here when I woke up, I..." she frowned, "What are you doing?"

<Shaw> "Ah..." Crossing the short distance to the bed, he climbed back into the bed - it had been surprisingly comfortable. "I'm sorry. I didn't intend to worry you." He opened their link more fully and kissed her.

<Jessica> She kissed him back and stole the device from his hands in the process, breaking off the kiss to inspect it.

<Shaw> He tsked quietly and settled in beside her, brushing his fingertips over her soft, bare skin. "Do you really think I wouldn't come prepared?"

<Jessica> "Prepared for what? She's not going to ambush you in the same room as your pregnant wife with the zappy hands..." she wrinkled her nose, putting the device on the other side of her at the limit of her reach, giving the end of his nose a static shock with her finger once her hand was free to underline her point.

<Shaw> As usual, Sebastian sneezed and gave her a wounded look.

<Jessica> She poked her tongue out at him, "Answer the question."

<Shaw> "I'm just scanning for surveillance devices, love. While I assume she is watching, I would rather know." He rubbed his nose.

<Jessica> "You could try just asking?" She suggested, "I know it's a somewhat novel idea but it works rather well, I've heard."

<Shaw> "And she has a compelling reason to tell me the truth?" After shooting her a disbelieving look, he flopped onto his back on the bed. As he hadn't bothered locating clothes before he'd begun his scan, he flicked the covers back over himself and enjoyed feeling Jessica's warmth beside him.

<Jessica> "There's a huge shared trust element you're missing here," she cuddled into him, "You're underestimating how much she has to trust me and you to let us stay here at all."

<Shaw> "Shared trust," he scoffed. "I will owe her. It's rather simple. But, I can't say as I mind since this is the benefit." Sebastian kissed the nearest bared skin, closing his eyes to breathe her in and share his reaction through their link.

<Jessica> She smiled, sliding her arms around him, "Oweing her was a given anyway... I'm fairly sure I owe her a bunch by now."

<Shaw> "She's now part of the conspiracy to assassinate one of the most powerful men in the shadow world," he said quietly, between kisses up her neck. "Such things are hardly foreign to her, but it gives her more power over me when we take the Hellfire Club and make it our own."

<Shaw> Pausing, he looked up at her. "I'm rather unused to allowing anyone to have such position."

<Jessica> "I don't think she's particularly interested in the Hellfire Club.... it's more like a hobby..." she wrinkled her nose at him, "It's hard to explain..."

<Shaw> "What? Manipulation and collecting her favors to hold?" He snorted, but leaned over her to kiss the wrinkled nose.

<Jessica> "No.... it's like... playing with her food... just like a distraction, you know? No real purpose...."

<Shaw> "...she won't be eating me."

<Jessica> Jess laughed, snuggling against him again, "Of course not, I'm very possessive."

<Shaw> "My black widow," he replied with a chuckle, resting his head against her and running his fingers through her hair. "I should have made you my queen... long ago."

<Jessica> She caught his hand, bringing his palm to her lips, "Little late now..."

<Shaw> "Yes and no. We'll make our own second chance, love." He brushed his fingers over her cheek.

<Jessica> "I'm sure Monet will be thrilled..." she smirked a little, giving a small roll of her eyes.

<Shaw> "Of course," he said, amused. "And she will still have her place, as she's definitely proven where her loyalties lie, but your place will be by my side."

<Jessica> "As long as she doesn't get crazy jealous and try to stab me in the back or something..." she released his hand to slide her arm back around him, "I like breathing."

<Shaw> "She would not." Now, he was sure of this, as she'd seen what it would do to him. Sebastian tightened his hold on her.

<Jessica> "Remember that thing I just said?" Jess prompted after a few moments of the squeezing.

<Shaw> He loosened his desperate grip on her, laughing softly. Instead, he rolled over onto his back, practically pulling her on top of him. Her belly got in the way, but it was a reassuring feeling.

<Jessica> She smiled, shifting until she was comfortable and accomodating the belly, "So... we're having a late breakfast, right?"

<Shaw> "Yes, I would say so." He sighed and stared up at the ceiling, looking along the line where the ceiling met the wall. "I still want to scan this place."

<Jessica> "And I still think you should just ask her. I'm sure she'd tell you where she put them all, she's not one to care how inappropriate it is... she probably has a camera right over the bed... or in the shower..."

<Shaw> "Well, considering she has in the past, I wouldn't be surprised, and I feel an almost overwhelming urge to show her my ass now."

<Jessica> She giggled, leaning close to him, "Well then, be my guest."

<Shaw> "Mmm. Perhaps later. I have reason not to want to move right now." His hands wandered over her sides, one finding her hair again.

[Time Passess]

<Jessica> Breakfast had been interesting, hilarious from Jess' perspective, but now they were on their way to her favourite place. She slipped her hand into his and gave it a squeeze.

<Shaw> Breakfast had been awkward and he wished he'd been wearing his father's gun, as he had the last time he'd enjoyed Hydra's hospitality. Or, better, one of Tony's repulsors. Jess was excited, however, so he lifted her hand and gave it a kiss, keeping a wary eye on their surroundings.

<Jessica> As they walked down to Julia's lab, the agent that had taken care of Sebastian's car the night before hurried past with a bandaged head and Jess watched him until he rounded a corner. "Hmm... wonder what he did today..."

<Shaw> Sebastian straightened up, recognizing him. "It better not have had anything to do with my car. I like the Aston."

<Jessica> "No, that's a fresh one," Jess nodded sagely, tugging him around a corner before they stopped at a door and Jess pressed her thumb to the plate by the door.

<Shaw> He staggered slightly since his eyes were still on the retreating agent - thinking dark thoughts - when she yanked him around the corner. Bumping into her, he instinctively rested his hand on her hip and now frowned at the locking system. He was so engrossed he didn't look up until the door opened. "Oh..."

<Jessica> "You okay?" Jess put a hand on the door to stop it locking again while she paused to study his face.

<Shaw> "Yes," he said, after a moment of pause.

<Jessica> "Are you sure? Because I'm expecting you to freak out on the other side of this door anyway and it'll be worse if you're already not okay..."

<Shaw> "It's just difficult to relax, considering where we are." He blew out a long breath and leaned in to kiss her, his hand moving to her stomach. "It was easier to ignore when we were alone."

<Jessica> "I promise it's okay, there's nothing you need to worry about here... it's just like a research facility... pretend you're at work." She offered him a small smile then pushed the door open.

<Shaw> He felt a small nudge against his hand and smiled down at the bump. Reassurance, perhaps? "I will do my best," he promised, straightening up.

<Jessica> "Okay... brace yourself." She stepped into the lab ahead of him, rounding the screen that protected the lab from people peering in at the door.

<Shaw> "That's helpful," he complained, then when he cleared the screen he understood why. Insects. Everywhere.

<Julia> Julia was in her office but she already knew she had a visitor as the security system had alerted her laptop. She stood up to wave at Jessica through the window and was surprised to see she'd brought someone with her though she could put two and two together and Sebastian Shaw was not exactly an unfamiliar face.

<Jessica> Jess raised a hand to return the wave, grinning at Julia's surprised expression before she headed for the stairs to meet her.

<Shaw> Sebastian was busy looking at insects. Great Hades what was the woman doing with so many.

<Julia> "Hi!" Julia got tangled in her laptop wires in her haste to leave the office with it, "I was expecting you earlier but now I see why you're late..." she dropped her voice to a whisper, "Sebastian Shaw is your husband? How did I not make that connection? I'm an idiot!"

<Jessica> Jess giggled and gave the woman a fond pat, "Maybe I wanted to watch you freak out," she offered with a grin.

<Shaw> He listened to the women chatter about him, sparing a glance at the scientist to see if he recognized her, then turned his attention back to a large, colorful spider spinning a web against the plexiglass of its enclosure. Gah.

<Julia> "Not funny!" Julia swatted the other woman's arm, then pulled herself together after she untangled her leg from the power cable. "Hello, Mr Shaw. Welcome to my lab."

<Jessica> Jess giggled again and went to say hi to the spiders.

<Shaw> Curiosity and horror momentarily satisfied, Sebastian turned around and smirked down at the small woman who approached. She was a mess, and looked as if she didn't get out of the lab much. Still, he offered her his hand. "It seems you have me at a slight disadvantage - I wasn't aware I was so recognizable, unless Sarkissian has my face on a poster somewhere."

<Julia> Julia shook his hand, "Oh she's not a huge fan of posters at all... I learned that on day two," she gave him a grin, "Julia Farnsworth... although I'm sure Jess already told you my name," she glanced around for Jessica, not surprised to find her by the spiders. "If you lose one today it's so not my turn..."

<Jessica> Jess waved a hand dismissively and opened the case containing her favourite.

<Shaw> "Lose one..." Sebastian gave the insects a wary look again and pulled his attention back to the small redhead. "Well then, Dr. Farnsworth, I'm pleased to meet you. My wife seems quite interested in your... research."

<Julia> "No, she's interested in my subjects," Julia corrected, "Especially that one which is fair enough because she's very pretty." Julia nodded sagely, slipping past him to set her laptop down at a work station.

<Jessica> Jess had already extracted said specimen and was letting her wander up her arm.

<Shaw> He knew what it was, and even knowing she was immune he couldn't help his slight wince at watching the little monster pick her way up his wife's arm. "Pretty is one word for it, I suppose. Deadly is another. What is it you're studying here, Dr. Farnsworth?"

<Julia> "Broadly... poisons," Julia finished hooking up her computer and the giant holographic screen came to life, "Specifically, I'm categorising and trying to put them in order of potency before I start on my work for Viper."

<Shaw> "Which is?" Sebastain looked at the screen, then back at Jess and at the collection around them.

<Julia> "Blending the poisons in specific ways to make them do specific things... but she's more poison expert where that's concerned than I am," Julia pressed her lips together in a thin line for a moment before she turned her attention to the larger screen, opening the file she'd been working on.

<Shaw> "I find her obsession with poisons... disturbing." His eyes flicked back to the screen, then Jess again.

<Julia> "Everyone needs a hobby," Julia shrugged, "But she does have quite the impressive collection of self-blended poisons and she's immune to most of them. Controlled exposure... dangerous if you don't know what you're doing." She turned to collect one of her test subjects.

<Shaw> He made a disgusted sound. "Perhaps I should take up the hobby." Wandering over to his wife, he leaned in slightly to inspect the small spider. "What do you think?" he addressed the spider, but then smiled up at Jess.

<Jessica> "You have a hobby," Jess told him, glancing up from watching the spider move, "But I'm sure Viper will find it flattering if you copy hers."

<Shaw> "Controlled exposure seems a more appealing plan in this environment than I would normally say. Perhaps I would have a natural aptitude for it, considering the nature of my gifts."

<Jessica> "I'm not sure I like this idea..." Jess' nose wrinkled.

<Julia> "It takes months to build up a tolerance to toxins, especially neurotoxins. I wouldn't want to start with any of these species, they're all deadly on a massive scale even with small amounts of venom. From what I understand, Viper started with snakes - they're a lot easier to milk than insects and arachnids." Julia prodded the spider in her jar with a sampler to try and aggrevate it enough to bite.

<Shaw> "No?" He cocked his head at Jess and feinted his extended finger toward her little friend, though he was still a good foot away from the spider. "Sarkissian is a snake," he smirked.

<Julia> "She's not... even though she does have functioning fangs which I think are pretty cool." Julia smiled before turning her attention back to the spider, "Come on, you hate this stick, you really hate it it keeps poking you in the face!" she egged it on.

<Shaw> Sebastian gave the scientist a look and then made a confused face at Jessica. Functioning fangs?

<Jessica> Don't tell me you never noticed she has fangs? Jess' eyebrows went up in disbelief.

<Shaw> Pointed teeth, yes.

<Jessica> Nope, they're actual fangs, she collected the spider from her shoulder and let it wander over her hands. If she bites someone they'll probably die.

<Shaw> Yet another reason to stay away from her. His mental voice was amused now, though, and he leaned in to watch the spider delicately climb over her fingers.

<Jessica> Probably shouldn't let her kiss you either - I've heard stories about her lipstick. She smiled at the spider.

<Shaw> I knew about the lipstick. He wasn't watching the spider anymore. Instead, he watched her face as she watched it. The fascination and wonder made him smile.

<Jessica> "I will never get bored of watching them move..." Jess muttered, eyes still on the spider.

<Julia> "It's so not fair... they never even try to bite you," Julia sulked, though only briefly as the spider she'd been aggitating finally vented its frustrations. "Woo! Good job!"

<Shaw> Briefly, he glanced at the woman, then back to Jessica. "I assume they sense you're a kindred spirit."

<Jessica> "I like to think so," Jess smiled, "I've never been bitten by a spider... never had any fear of them either though dad used to freak out all the time when I picked them up as a child..."

<Shaw> The movement of the spider was fascinating to watch - even he could admit that. His attention was drawn by a few of the other spiders in enclosures beside them. "I'm pleased I've survived as the spider's mate."

<Jessica> "How could I let anything happen to you?" Jess raised an eyebrow at him, "Took forever to get you to commit - I'm not doing all that again." She gave him a grin.

<Shaw> Sebastian returned the grin, leaning in to kiss her and staying well away from her little friend. His hand came to rest on her stomach again and he gave her a little mental caress.

<Julia> "Oh God, you're adorable and everything," Julia giggled, "Anyone want coffee? I mean, obviously you won't because you're weird and hate coffee..." She addressed Jess, "But you like coffee, right?" her attention shifted to Sebastian.

<Shaw> "Yes, I do," he said after a slight pause. Jessica probably told her, he rationalized. Turning back to the woman, he slid his arm around his wife. "Thank you. I haven't had my quota yet this morning."

<Julia> "Neither have I!" She left her seat to go back up to her office, putting the top back on the plastic prison of her subject as an afterthought. "Hard to believe, I know."

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, And she blames me when bugs go missing.

<Shaw> "Coffee makes the work day more productive, yes?" He gave his pant legs an exaggerated shake. Are any missing at the moment?

<Julia> "I need coffee to liiiiiive!" Julia hurried back up to her office and disappeared through the door.

<Jessica> Jess giggled, "I doubt it but I can check if you're worried..."

<Shaw> "I'd hate for one of your little friends to do Sarkissian's job for her." He flashed a toothy smile at Jess as the small woman bounded off. Perhaps she'd had enough caffeine already.

<Jessica> "She doesn't want to kill you - you're more useful to her alive," she gave him a grin, So, how do you like Julia?

<Shaw> "Indeed." His expression soured a bit, but he leaned into Jess, looking around the room. She is ...quirky.

<Jessica> She is, Jess had to agree, But in a good way, right?

<Shaw> I have yet to see anything that would cause alarm, but some excel at appearing innocuous to lull you into a sense of security. He smirked. I was never good at that.

<Jessica> Julia's not very subtle, she'd fail at that... I'm a good lie detector anyway. She leaned to kiss his cheek then turned to put the tiny spider back in her box.

<Shaw> He watched her, and was not afraid to admit it was a relief. What do you do for her here? It can't all be... this?

<Jessica> I feed them mostly but sometimes I help if she needs to get an aggressive species out... like this guy in here. She pointed at the case where a long limbed brown spider sat looking grumpy.

<Shaw> Sebastian stepped over to it, which was enough to make the thing rear up on its hind legs like a small horse. His nose wrinkled and he looked at her doubtfully.

<Jessica> Most aggressive species in the world. They hate everything. You only have to look at them funny for them to have a go at you... unless you're me. Observe... She opened up the box.

<Shaw> Fantastic. How quickly would it kill me? He leaned back as she opened it like the lunatic she was.

<Jessica> Pretty damned fast, she gave him a grin, It'd take longer if your powers were charged though because of your healing... She had no qualms at all about handling the spider, it was quite relaxed in her presence.

<Shaw> His distaste for the thing was clear, although he managed to stop himself from backing up. Why? Have they yet determined why the creatures do treat you as one of their own?

<Jessica> Viper's working on it... she's making a comprehensive map of my powers so she can help out with stuff... and in case there are any changes while I'm pregnant that we can get some advanced warning on... She petted the spider.

<Shaw> There wasn't last time. His gaze dropped to her belly, but his eyes were drawn back up to her hands and the horror that appeared to be nibbling at her fingers.

<Jessica> Last time ended too soon... she held said horror up to her face, "You're just a big softie really, aren't you?"

<Shaw> I know. He wanted to touch her, but figured the horror would object. "Perhaps it's a male," he said with a smirk.

<Jessica> Jess giggled, "This one is but the girls are just as crabby." She pet the spider one last time then set it back carefully in the box and put the lid back on.

<Shaw> He couldn't stop himself from heaving a relieved sigh, though the smirk he wore was wry.

<Jessica> "Are you jealous of my spider friends? Hmmm?" She prodded him in the chest with a finger and leaned close to him.

<Shaw> Quirking his eyebrow, he stepped into her poking finger and captured her hand. He raised it, keeping his eyes locked with hers as he pressed his lips to her fingers. "No."

<Julia> There was a thud and the sound of tinkling crockery from Julia's office, "It's okay!" her voice called out moments later, "I have another one!"

<Jessica> Jess looked up toward the window then back down at Sebastian with a grin, "Think I should go help?"

<Shaw> His amusement echoed over their link, though he was polite enough not to laugh aloud. "No," he said, nuzzling her fingers.

<Jessica> "Aww, that's so mean..." she giggled and stepped closer to him, tilting her head to catch his lips for a kiss.

<Shaw> A grin was his only response and he threaded his fingers into her hair, his other hand on her hip to pull her closer.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6