3/25 Instance: Helping Hand(s)

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

3/25 Instance: Helping Hand(s)

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

a few days after the first

Ju: Ju was just coming out of the dark room, blinking her eyes as she clutched the canister in her good hand. Oooh. Red light after pitch black.

Talia: She dropped the pictures in and then turned to give the entering girl a small smile. "Hi."

Ju: Ju jumped, almost dropping the canister and squeaking a little at the sound of another voice, looking around and seeing a girl who was....almost blue under the lights. "Ah! Um, hi!" She smiled nervously, wondering what her real skin colour was.

Ju: I mean, you can't have people with blue skin. Right?

Cessily: Cessily hummed to herself as she entered the darkroom. Being used to her own digital cameras, she found its use to be strangely antiquated, but Professor Brock preferred to use the old fashioned films for his course, so there was little choice. "Oh, hey you two!" She smiled when she saw that she wasn't alone.

Talia: "Hey Cess," TJ greeted as she moved the pictures around in the water bath, taking one out to hang. "Developing your summer stuff too? I got a ton."

Ju: Ju clumsily put the canister down. "Hey, Cess." She smiled at her roomie, then looked up at the other girl. Maybe that was her skin colour, what with the ears. Or she was really good at the whole Night Elf thing. "Um. Hi. I'm Ju." She smiled.

Cessily: "Yeah, some of it that I took for Brock's class," she explained, putting her canisters of films on the nearby table. "And yep, I think I've never taken that many pictures before. It's crazy. But most of them are on my digital memory sticks." She smiled at Ju. "Are you taking photography, too?"

Talia: "I need to get a digital camera too. Remy's got one...I could just use his I guess. I like doing it this way alot though," she hung up her photo's to drip dry, before she'd run them through the dryer. "Ju? Oh, hey, I'm TJ," she told the new girl. "You guys know each other? It's like everyone knows each other already!"

Ju: "Um...." Ju looked down at her canister. "Well, it looked interesting, so...." She shrugged, then blinked at this TJ. "Um, well, Cess is my roomie and well, she helps me out sometimes..." She waved her half-empty sleeve.

Cessily: She nodded. "Yes, since Kitty left for that dance school in New York, I got a new roomie for this year. Oh, you need a digital camera?" Cessily thought for a second. "Well, I have a spare one. Sean gave it to me as a Christmas present. It's a really good one, but I guess I have gotten used to my old one. So, you could have it, if you want."

Talia: "No, I don't wanna take yours. I could go get one if I wanted," her mouth formed a little 'o' at Ju. Shit...what did she say. "Oh...sorry about your..arm..um.."

Ju: "Oh, no, don't worry about it." Ju shrugged. "Just makes it difficult sometimes. Um." She smiled. "I don't really use any cameras except for digital so I'm a bit lost...."

Cessily: "Uhm, okay, just wanted to offer it to you." Cessily gave a shrug before turning to Ju. "Hey, that's what you got a roomie for. I'll gladly help you whenever you should need me for something." She smiled at her. "And hey, who knows, maybe you'll find something that'll help you with your... uhm, problem here at the school. Some of the mutants here can do amazing things."

Talia: "Hey..yeah, like Prof. Forge has that mechanical hand and all.." she trailed off as she considered if this could be borderline offensive. "Or something.."

Talia: "So, I haven't even gotten to meet anyone really yet. WHo's all the new people? What're they like??"

Ju: Ju smiled a little nervously. "He does? Well....I might have to go and see him. Lord knows only one hand is irritating." She grinned. "I haven't met them all I don't think, but I'm nice!!"

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Yes, you are nice. And cute as a button, too I can attest that, seeing that you are my roomie." She waved her hand at Ju. "But yes, you so should talk to Professor Forge. Like I said, he's our tech geek here and made most of those amazing things here. Like the Danger Room. I'd be surprised if he and Dr. McCoy couldn't help you."

Cessily: She turned to TJ and started counting on her fingers. "Well, there's Sooraya, or Raya for short. She's from... oh, I think I didn't ask her where she's from. Then there's Sam, he's nice and from the south. Ginny comes from Australia. I think he's quite cute. Did I forget anyone?"

Talia: "So there's a few," she thought a moment as she began to run her pictures through the dryer. "It's like I can't keep up anymore, now that we're not living like, in here."

Cessily: "Yep, and as far as I can tell, they're all quite nice." Cessily paused for a moment, then grinned. "You and Remy could give a barbecue at your new home and invite everyone, so you'd get to know all the new people."

Ju: "You don't live here? But I thought that everyone lived in the dorms...." It was her real skin colour, wasn't it? Oh boy....silver girls and fuzzy girls and blue girls....

Talia: SHe shook her head at Ju. "No, I live on the campus, but not in the main house. We have a place not too far, like a 5 minute walk. And the barbeque is a way good idea."

Ju: Ju smiled shyly. "My home's in England. I guess that's a lot closer." She giggled. "I'd so come to a barbeque. Everyone here's so nice!"

Cessily: "Awww, thanks." She stepped over to Ju and gave her a quick hug with one arm. "And yup, we try to be. You'll soon find that we're basically like a large family here. Well, for some students, it's the only one they have."

Talia: TJ nodded. "It's way nice. This school is so good for everyone. I met my husband here, and like, all my friends. Everyone's super close," she laid the pictures out as she spoke. "And very protective too."

Ju: Ju smiled. "That's good." She looked at them both. "Um. I did notice everyone's close." SHe chose not to pass comment on the flirting the other day.

Cessily: "That's true." She paused, biting her lip. "Well, they also have a reason to be. Anyway, it's nice to know that there are friends who are looking out for you."

Talia: "I'll have to talk to Remy about the barbeque. I think that's an awesome idea. Johnny'll get to meet everyone too, he's not used to like, living in a quiet place with not so many people around."

Cessily: "That would be so sweet, TJ." Cessily grinned and looked from her to Ju and back again. "I think we should do more things together again. Like, playing games or go out to the city. Like, with lots of people again. That was always much fun. And hey, just because you two are married now and have Johnny, it doesn't mean that you're entitled to become boring now." She winked at TJ.

Ju: Ju bounced. "That would be awesome!! I'd love to meet your husband and - and you have a little boy?!" She squeaked again.

Talia: "Hey, we are never boring," she told Cess, then gave Ju a smile. "Yeah, we have a little boy. He's 16 months," she picked up a picture from the dryer and passed it to Ju. "That's him and his grandpa."

Ju: Ju took the picture carefully, cooing over the little boy. "He's so cute!! Awww....can I meet him some day?"

Talia: "Sure! You can stop by any time. He loves meeting new people. You may like, get roped into playing cars. It's his new thing," she picked up another picture. "That's one of him and his Papa when we went to Nebraska."

Cessily: Cessily cooed a little when she looked at the pictures. "He really is cute. Just like his parents. When you look at the pictures of him and compare, you can actually see how fast he's growing up." She smiled at TJ. "Oh, you know that should you ever need someone to babysit him, just let me know, okay?" She looked at Ju. "Hey, if you wanna meet him, we could sit him together sometime."

Ju: "Um, I don't know how much good I'll be at that...." Ju looked down at her arm again. "But I would really love to!! I can like, play video games with him!!"

Talia: "I'm sure we'll find some time for you to babysit, Cess. He's being clingy a bit though, in the new house," she looked to Ju. "Oh! He has a video game thing he loves! My mom gave it to him over the summer, it's like, baby video games."

Talia: "He plays it before he goes to bed like, every night!"

Cessily: "Ah, that won't be a problem," she told TJ. "I like spending time with Johnny. And I'm sure he'll get used to the new home quickly."

Talia: "I hope he does. We kinda don't plan on moving back in here. I can really tell he misses everyone."

Ju: "Well, if everyone's gonna be visiting him, he'll be okay, right?" Ju handed back the photo. "He looks like a little sweetie." She smiled wide. "I have a little brother so I'll know how to entertain him."

Cessily: "Aww, that's kinda sweet. We miss him, too." She smiled at Ju. "Well, I guess he should be used to everyone cooing over him by now. He's a very popular boy."

Talia: SHe grabbed her third roll, moving to the pitch room to retrieve it from the roll and get it ready for developing. "Wait til the next one comes and Johnny has to adjust to not being the only kid around."

Talia: She stopped herself. "Like...next kid from...whoever."

Cessily: "Oh? Next kid from whoever?" Cessily raised an eyebrow at TJ and smirked. "Who do you think will have the next child? Well, I mean, there's Vic and Rahne, but I guess they'll want to wait after their marriage. If they want to have kids, at all. Though, more kids would certainly be nice."

Talia: She shrugged, but realised they couldn't see her. "I don't know. Someone. Anyone. Who knows? Kid's can like..just happen. That's what happened to us."

Ju: Ju looked from girl to girl, smiling slightly. "I thought kids weren't meant to happen in colleges though?"

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Well, does this look a normals college to you?" a grin appeared on her face. "Hey, maybe Lorna and Bobby will surprise us someday. Oh my, I guess their kids would be so geeky, they'd be born with black-rimmed glasses."

Talia: TJ giggled. "Or like, looking like some alien from Star Trek or Wars or whatever."

Ju: "Nothing wrong with being geeky." Ju sniffed, then giggled. "Though that would be better then the baby being an alien or something...."

Cessily: "Hey, we already have young adults who pretty much look like aliens. Or like evil robot assassins, in my case." She giggled. "So it wouldn't be a huge surprise."

Ju: Ju's eyes widened and she put her good hand to her mouth. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to- I mean-" Oh god, she should really learn to think before she spoke....

Talia: She moved out of the pitch room, her film in the canister and ready. "Well, at least my baby looks more human than like...I do I guess. He didn't get the other wierd things. That's genetic though. Bobby and Lorna's would be like, overexposure to Sci-Fi."

Cessily: She laughed at TJ, then stepped over to Ju and pulled her into another hug. "Awww, don't you worry about it. You didn't say anything offensive. Okay?"

Ju: Ju hugged back. "Okay....if you're sure...." She said uncertainly, smiling at TJ. "So, um....could you both help me with my photos? I'm not good at it and....kinda need two hands, right?"

Talia: "Sure! I can help. Is the film in that canister yet, or do you still need to get it in??" she asked.

Cessily: "Why yes, of course." Cessily smiled kindly at Ju and gave her a wink, then shifted a second set of arms out of her chest. "See, I always have a hand to spare." She blinked, then frowned. "Oh... I hope that wasn't offensive now."

Ju: Ju let out a squeak at the extra arms, eyes widening. "Ah....wow. I um....I can see how they'd be useful....wow. So....you can....shift?" She waved a hand vaguely, eyes still on the extra appendages.

Ju: "Um....I still need to get it....out of the camera...." She looked up at Cess and then hesitantly poked one of the extra limbs. "....Wow."

Cessily: Cessily giggled. "It's okay, no need to be scared. Yes, I'm a shape-shifter. Liquid metal shape-shifter, to be exact." She smirked. "I'm sure you have seen Terminator 2. So, yeah, I'm pretty much like the evil dude in there. Well, not evil, of course. And way nicer." She took the camera from Ju and gave it a look. "Okay, no problem. We should go to the dark room to get it out."

Ju: Ju smiled. "Waaaaay nicer. Okay, Cess." She giggled. "And will you show me what to do with it after that, TJ?"

Talia: "Sure," she smiled at Ju. "It's way simple. Just mixing chemicals and like, shaking the canister."

Ju: Ju giggled. "Okay!! Let's go then, yeah?"
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€