4/27 Instance: Gender Confusion

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

current

Jake: He hadn't eaten all day. Couldn't do that anymore. The kitchen seemed to be the best place to go. That's where he found himself, trying to find something low fat, no fat, low calorie. Without the power, he couldn't go about doing anything as he wanted.

Jake: Grabbing a glass of skim milk, he took a seat at the table, content for the moment.

Cessily: Cessily opened the kitchen door with her shoulder, because her hands where busy drumming along to the music of her mp-player. Stepping over towards the fridge, she found that she wasn't alone. She pulled her earphones off and smiled. "Hey, Jake. How are you doing?" She opened the fridge and looked over the food, trying to decide that she actually wanted.

Jake: And here came company. He shrugged. "I suppose I'm doing. And you?"

Cessily: "Quite good at the moment." Cessily turned her head to smile at him... her... over her shoulder. Jake had been that way for some time now, but she still found it odd to see him like that. At least, sometimes. "So, how's your semester going so far? Uhm, Japh told me that you're sharing a room with him now."

Jake: "Yes I am," he took a sip. "He's nice enough. I'm not terribly used to living with a man."

Cessily: Cessily eventually decided to settle for a glass of milk, too, and closed the fridge door. "Uhm, yeah, I bet that has to be... different, no?" She bit her lip and stood there for a moment, before deciding to sit down at the table. Cessily scratched her head as she tried to think of what to say.

Jake: "Very," he said. What else was there to say? Better to talk than sit silently. "You are his girlfriend I assume, yes?"

Cessily: "Yes, that's right." Her smile returned. "We've been together for quite some time now." She chuckled you bit. "But don't be surprised if you see either of us with someone else sometime. We're not exclusive."

Jake: He nodded, going silent for a bit. His brow then puckered as he looked up to her. "You're a shapeshifter, right?"

Cessily: "Hm?" She looked up from her milk at the question. "Well, yes, kinda." Cessily nodded and shrugged, thinking of how to best explain her condition. "I can change my shape, in a certain way." To demonstrate what she had said, she lifted her hand and changed her fingers into various forms of cutlery.

Cessily: "But if you want to be really exact, it's more like I'm made of this liquid metal. The shape-shifting is simply a consequence of that." Cessily looked back up. "Why do you ask?"

Jake: He shrugged. "I was a shapeshifter."

Cessily: "Was?" Cessily asked after a moment. She had never asked him what had actually happened back at Essex's place. "So... you lost your abilities?" She shifted on her seat, feeling uncomfortable about being so nosy. "Like, completely? Did you talk with Dr. McCoy about this?"

Jake: "Yeah I talked to everyone I could," he put the milk down. "They're gone."

Cessily: Cessily chewed on her lower lip for a few seconds and her fingers played with her hair. "I'm sorry to hear that." What else could she say? She didn't want to make it any worse for him. "I... I have no idea what this must be like for you." She looked down at her silver hand, then back at Jake.

Jake: He ignored her pity. "When you got your powers....how'd that happen? How did you find your powers?"

Cessily: "Uhm... well, I didn't have to do much, to be honest." She shrugged. "In fact, it was more that they found me instead of the other way around. It was a few years back now, while I was still in high school. I was in the changing room one day, and then in suddenly happened." She paused. "What can I say?"

Cessily: "I turned into a pool of liquid metal from one moment to the next." Cessily rubbed her upper arm. "It wasn't very nice."

Jake: "Ahh," he nodded. "That must haved been confusing. And after....you decided you were female?"

Cessily: Cessily blinked a few times. Now that was an interesting question. "Decided? I don't know what you mean." She ran a hand through her head again. "Well, yeah, I guess it's true that I'm technically sexless now. That's what McCoy told me. But decided to be female? Well, I've been a girl for all my life before, so I actually never thought about it."

Jake: "You're genderless?" That was different. "I understand you were previously a woman. But what made you decide you were still a woman?"

Cessily: She thought about that for a moment. "To be honest, I don't know," she eventually admitted. "Perhaps, it's just what I'm used to. You know, I never actually think about it when I take this form. It just happens. I mean, I don't even know how I make my hair turn red. It's just... who I am, you know?" She paused again. "Or... who I remember to have been back then."

Jake: "I suppose," he paused. "Is it how you feel you are, or what you are comfortable with?"

Cessily: "Both, I guess." Cessily nodded at Jake. "It's what I always have been, and what I'm used to. And yes, they said that I'm made of inorganic metal. So, nothing that's technically alive, you know? Hence, not even a biological sex." She shrugged, somewhat uncomfortable. "I just feel better that way. You know, to be as much as I was before."

Jake: "Alright," he replied. "It makes sense. Even though....you can choose to be what you want at any time. It must be nice."

Cessily: "Yeah, that's right. Well, superficially." She propped her head onto the palm of her hand. "I can change my shape, but not really what I am. So, I guess I could look more like a male... or whatever else I want. But it wouldn't change the fact that I'm still all metal and inorganic and sexless. It's not changing what I really am, you know?"

Jake: It was what he could do. He scowled. "What if what you are isn't what you're supposed to be?"

Cessily: "What I'm supposed to be?" Cessily looked up at him and thought for a moment. "I don't know. I didn't have a choice in this, and I can't change my condition, so perhaps that's what I'm supposed to be. Though, I like to make my own fate and not have it decide what I should be or do." She hesitated as a worrying thought crossed her mind.

Cessily: "Well, perhaps I'm not supposed to be like I was back then, and that's why I changed. But I know that this is how I want to be, so I'll try to retain as much of my old life as I can."

Jake: Jake frowned, taking a deep breath. "Maybe." He didn't know what to say anymore. "I wish I had the opportunities you do."

Cessily: "Yeah, I bet it must be hard for you." Cessily lowered her gaze and fidgeted with her fingers. "I really wish I could say something smart that would help you, but... nothing I could say would really help you, would it?"

Jake: He shook his head. "I should be going."

Cessily: "Uhm, okay..." Cessily flicked her gaze back up again and gave him a sympathetic look. "Take care, okay? You know, you can like, talk to me anytime, right?"

Jake: "Sure," he said, with a wave. "Bye."

Cessily: "Bye!" She waved back. Poor girl...
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Poor Jake!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

Ack, poor Jake. Poor kid needs some serious hugs. :( I hope he gets better soon.
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

:shifty Vic wouldn't mind showing her the good sides to being a guy....

This was an awesome instance, guys. Could really feel for Jake/Jackie :(
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Aww. Took me a while to catch up here, but the Jake/Jackie confusion is always very interesting.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I really want to know what's going to happen in the lines of Jackie/Jake. We need more of her.