7/16 Instance: Valentine's Possessions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after 'Nipple Surprise.'

Rogue scrolled through the different items on the website, chewing on her lip as she tried to decide what to get Sam for Valentine's Day. It was sneaking up quick and she had no idea what to get yet. "Neena, what would ya suggest f' a first Valentine's Day?"

"Is it Valentine's already?" Neena asked, incredulous. She put down her book. "Oh, Rogue, I don't know. A card? Maybe something creative, like coupons?"

"Almost..." She sighed and propped her elbow on the desk so she could rest her cheek in her hand. "Ah have a job now though... Ah wanna be able ta use tha money f' somethin'. An' Ah think spendin' it on Sam would be a good choice."

"Understandably so," Neena agreed. "What about a gift certificat to something fun? You know, like for some kind of fun lessons for dancing or something."

"Heh... Dancin' might not be tha best idea." She cringed at the memory of the previous night. "But maybe a gift certificate..." She kept scrolling. "Might go shoppin' at tha mall ta see if Ah find anythin'... So, how're y'all doin' with everythin'?"

It wasn't the best opening, but Neena took it anyway. "Actually, really good. My break was really, really nice. My brother introduced me to this great psychologist, and she really helped me."

She paused. "I visited Milo's grave for the first time, too."

Rogue took a last look at the page then spun to face her roommate, "Really? Wow. Did that go ok? How are ya doin' with that?"

"I'm better, Rogue. I really am. I mean, it's been almost four years, and I hadn't visited his grave once. I didn't even go to his funeral. But- it helped so much. He loved me a lot, Milo. And there's a part of me that will always love him."

She took a deep breath. Oh, boy. "And, Ben is kind of helping too."

"Of course y'all'll always love him, hun. An' that's totally understandable." She gave a soft smile then raised her eyebrows, curious, "Oh? How is Ben helpin'?" Rogue was still slightly irritated with him and hadn't had much time to talk to him about things.

"Uh, you know, talking, building snowmen, sparring with me," she added, almost mumbling. "Kissing me."

Rogue smiled at everything, then frowned at the mumble, leaning her head a bit towards Neena, "Ah'm sorry... What? Kissin' ya?"

"Uh, yeah," Neena nodded. "We were outside, and we were messing around on his web- he's quite the sparring partner, by the way- and it just kind of happened." She sighed a little wistfully. "It was kind of romantic. Anyway, I talked to him in the library later, and..." she blushed hard at the memory.

"Yyyyeaaaahh... He's got that whole 'spider sense' thing..." She arched an eyebrow, feeling slightly jealous and not understanding why. "And...?"

"He sang for me. Dave Matthews, actually. It was very sweet. We're an item, if that's what they call it now. I was so confused at first, but I'm so happy, I can't stand it!" she grinned despite herself, but quickly sobered. "I was actually a little hesitant to tell you. I know you're still mad at him, and you told me you guys had some kind of history. I didn't want to make you upset."

"Oh, he did?" She nodded slowly, "An' item?" Rogue blew out a breath and turned back around to her computer for a minute. "Ah'm glad ya happy, sugah... An', Ah'm not upset." Damnit! Why was she even the slightest bit jealous?! She took another breath and started scrolling through the items again, "Ah'm just really surprised."

"I know it seems kind of sudden," Neena looked down at her book. "I was surprised too. But with Ben I feel...happy. It's something I haven't felt in a long time, with anyone. I should have noticed when I first met him, and he taught me how to make a snowman," she looked over at Rogue. "Are you sure you're not upset?"

Rogue chewed on her lip for a moment, "Yeah. Ah'm fine. Just, tryin' ta let it sink in a bit. It's really great that ya happy an' that ya finally thinkin' ya can be with somebody after so long." She genuinely meant it, too.

Neena sighed with relief. "I'm so glad. I was so worried! You were right, though," she said with a twinkle in her eye. "He's a very good kisser. I totally forgot where I was every time!"

Rogue nodded a bit, "Yup. He's not bad. Sam's better, but Ah'm keepin' him..." She gave a weak laugh and went back to clicked on something to look at. "How does Nate feel 'bout it?"

"I don't know. Ben hasn't said anything to me, and I haven't talked to Nate," Neena said. "Last I heard, Nate was still upset at him. Oh, jeez, Rogue, I'd hate to hurt Nate. I just felt so nice with Ben! I think- I mean, I feel for him a lot."

"Ah think Nate'll be ok eventually..." She shrugged, "But that's Ben's thing ta tell him an' Nate always knows Ah'm here f' him if he needs me, so Ah think he'll be fine." She ran a hand through her hair and reached down to toy with her bracelet, mind shifting to Sam again.

"You're right. I really hope he takes me out to a coffeehouse or something. I haven't been to a good one in ages."

She stared up at the ceiling. "Or maybe a poetry lounge. I used to go all the time with Kate and my brother, back in Cali."

"Yeah, Ben's real good at poetry an' stuff. Wrote a song f' me way back when we first met. Was real sweet." She smiled a bit at the memory, then had to laugh, "He sang it f' me... Then kissed me... While Ah was sober. So that resulted in him passin' out an' me wonderin' what tha hell was comin' from mah wrists." She laughed a bit harder.

It's like he's my kindred spirit Neena thought. Hyper reflexes, music, now poetry "That must have been an interesting experience. Those webs are fascinating."

"Geez, it's a weird sensation actually havin' 'em come from ya, f' sure." She chuckled. "Ah like ya a lot, Neena." She spun to face her roommate, "An' as pissed as Ah am at Ben, he an' Ah have a connection an' a bond that cain't be broken this easilly. An', Ah don't wanna cause tension between us, but... If ya let him drink, or cause him ta drink again, Ah will hurt y'all."

"Honey, if he so much as picks up a bottle, I'll make sure he won't be able to drink ever again. Alcohol or otherwise," Neena looked at Rogue steadily. "Remember, Milo was killed by a drunk driver? I don't need to be reminded of the destructive side of drink. Don't worry about that."

"But- I'm glad you threatened me," she added with a smirk. "I told Ben you still cared, and I see I was right. It's eating him up, you know, that you haven't forgiven him."

"If Ah hadn't f'given him, Ah wouldn'ta threatened ya. Ah'm just still really irritated an' upset." She licked her lips, "An', Ah'm glad ya feel that way. Though, if he does, make sure ta tell me. Deal?"

"Deal. You can hold him down while I smack him around a bit," she grinned. "Oh! I don't know if this helps, but what about giving Sam a backrub? The boy looks like he could use some relaxing. A little aromatherapy would do wonders for him."

"Heh, one problem... doesn't aromatherapy usually take the form of massage oil?" Rogue waggled her glove clad fingers, "Bare skin an' Ah don't mix... An', Ah completely agree with tha holdin' down an' smackin' so long as Ah get tha first smack."

"It would be my honor to give you the first smack," Neena inclined her head. "Well, I used to use these special gloves, because my skin is allergic to a lot of oils." She paused, pensive. "Do you think Ben would appreciate a back rub? I have no idea what to do for Valentine's day either."

"Yeah, he likes 'em. Ain't never done anythin' with oils though. Bet he'd really like that." She smiled a bit, "Ya should get him a bottle of sparklin' cider an' box of candy scented oils."

"That would be fun!" Neena clapped her hands in delight. "Rogue, you're the best! That's a great idea." she stood up. "I think I'll come along when you shop for Sam, if you don't mind the company."

"Heck no!" Rogue laughed, "An' Ah'm glad ya liked it... It was just somethin' off tha top of mah head." Rogue closed out of the window and stood up as well, "Ya wanna go out now? 'Cause Ah'm seriously gettin' sick of internet shoppin'..."

"Is that even a question?" Neena grabbed her bag. "I am always up for shopping."

Rogue laughed and grabbed her bomber jacket, pausing to wonder how Remy was. "Ok, let's go, then!"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:clap:clap

Oh man, now Ben's got THREE people sworn to have his head if he drinks again! ...wait no FOUR! FOUR people! (Ah, ah, ah! <-- The count reference)
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS