07/18 Instance: The Surfer and the Hippie Chick

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

same day but later than ZOOOM

Cessily: Cessily tossed the towel and her clothes on her bed after she left the bathroom, then went for her drawer to grab fresh shorts and a shirt. She cast a cursory glance towards Ju's half of the room, particularly the pile of stuff that lay scattered on her bed. Where had that come from? Had Ju gone on a shopping spree, or would they get a new roomie?

Cessily: Perhaps she should have taken the time to read the notification board in the hallway before unpacking.

Jac: Jac wandered the corridor. Where the hell was her room? She made a face, as one door with a George Cross on it confused her for a moment. Oh, no it was the one down with the table by the door...She tottered a little as she pushed the door open, and-
Jac: "FUCK! Put it away!" she screamed, snapping her eyes shut. Bloody hell, she was blind. And rooming with the hippie. No one else would have such a shiny arse...

Cessily: Cessily let out a squeak and instinctively collapsed into an amorphous mass of liquid metal, taking by surprise by the sudden assault of swearing behind her. Puling herself together, she extended a tentacle-like appendage to peek up from behind her bed. Oh, the funny English girl from MySpace. She formed a face and smiled at the other girl. "Oh, hi there."

Jac: Jac blinked very slowly. "...Don't do that...Think m gonna puke..." she shook her head and rubbed her eyes. Maaaybe it was just the drink.

Cessily: "Oh my, I'm so sorry." Cessily blinked in return, then shook her head. Or what went for her head at this moment. "I didn't mean to scare you. So, so sorry. Sometimes I do this without thinking, and I tend to forget that people who don't know me aren't used to that, of course." She chuckled nervously and resumed her usual human shape. "Tada, there we go. Oh, you must be Jac, yes? From Myspace."

Jac: "Nah I'm from England...." she kept on staring. This was so, so trippy. "Can you put clothes on, kay thanks? Like...nothing personal but we just met and all that..."

Cessily: "Oh, yes! Clothes!" She laughed and swiftly picked up her shirt and shorts, then slipped into them. "There, I guess that's more appropriate. Sorry, again." Cessily grinned and stepped over to Jac, extending her hand. "I'm Cessily, by the way. But feel free to call me Cess, if you want. Most people do anyway. So, you're new? When did you get here?"

Jac: She shook the hand warily. Felt...sort of normal. "Got here early this morning. Been sort of snoopin' round, seeing what it's like..." she want over to her snowboard and picked it up. Nice and safe.

Cessily: "Shiny!" Cessily beamed at Jac. "I know this place can be kinda overwhelming when you first get here. There's so much to discover. I think even I haven't seen everything yet. Probably only Professor Xavier has been to every room there is. So, did you get the obligatory tour yet?"

Jac: "Er, yeah, got shown about and all that..." she held the board in front of her. Um. This girl was saying shiny? Riiight..."So yeah, it's kinda...I dunno. American. Different..."

Cessily: Cessily flopped down on her own bed and pulled up her legs to sit cross-legged. "Really? Is it that much different from how things are at home," she asked, running a hand through her hair. "Well, I wouldn't know, of course, seeing how I come from Maine. Though, I gotta admit that the transition from small town to the huge NY was something new for me."

Cessily: "But the school is located in a nice, secluded area. That's great. We have lots of woods, and a lake, and the sea isn't far, too. Actually, it's much like my home."

Jac: Propping her board by the bathroom door, she shrugged a little. "I come from this tiny seaside town in the middle of nowhere back home so...it's different. Like, been around places for holidays, just never lived any place else. My school was tiny, bout six hundred kids."

Jac: Moving her backpack off the bed, she lay down on her stomach on it. "Like, this place is tiny but it's...Big too? Like, the building and all the rooms and everything and the town..."

Cessily: "Sweet. I come from a small coastal town, as well. We already got something in common." She waved her hand. "But no worries. You'll quickly get used to this place. Like, there's much to see and to do, but you'll always be able to find a secluded spot to relax."

Cessily: Her gaze wandered to the assorted stuff that undoubtedly belonged to Jac. "So you get to share a room with us then. That's great. I'm sure we'll get along nicely."

Jac: "Yeah, dunno though, you spend the nights fillin’ the fountain with bubble bath n hangin’ out at the fair?" she raised an eyebrow and jumped up again, hovering around. "An' relax is somethin' I so don't do!"

Jac: She followed Cess's glances around the place. "It's mine, yeah, in England we get a room for ourselves at uni, didn't know I'd have to share...Wait. Us? Who's us?" she looked about for clues, then pulled a piece of paper out of her pocket. "Ohhhh. Ju? So, where's she then?"

Cessily: "Oh, most likely hiding away somewhere with snacks, drinks and her laptop, so she can play her online games all day. Or trying on another one of her funny costumes." Cessily chuckled. "She's a really nice girl. I'm sure we'll have an awesome time together. Though, I never shared with two others before. Usually it's just two students per room."

Cessily: She thumbed at Jac's board. "So, you like sport then?"

Jac: Oh. God. A bloody computer geek as well. How the hell could you have fun with someone who was always online and didn't get out? She'd never get that. Outdoors owned.

Jac: "Yeah, I snowboard, skate, run, surfing..." she listed, going to the window to look at the view. "Like, plenty of room to run out there..."

Cessily: "That's awesome!" Cessily gave Jac a grin and slightly bounced on the bed. "I love sports, too. Especially things like basketball, volleyball and soccer. During the breaks I like to go snowboarding, as well. Or hiking and kayaking when I'm at home. The scenery and outdoors are fantastic there."

Jac: On hearing soccer, Jac held her finger up, making a face. "It's footie when I'm around, sorry mate. We have had it since the middle ages so I think I know what it's called, eh?" she winked, tugging her jeans up a little and taking her cap off to get her fringe out of her eyes.

Jac: She wasn’t sure what to think. Sounded a bit girl guidey all the hiking and crap. "Just gimme a place to run, and I'm happy."

Cessily: Cessily put on a sheepish smile and awkwardly shrugged. "Oh, right. Footie. Yeah, of course, no problem." She giggled and held up a hand. "I hereby vow betterment. And we have some great places to run here. There are many paths leading through the woods. And there's always the gym and all. I'm sure you'll find plenty to do here."

Jac: She smirked a little. "Sorry n all that, but you have no idea how much the word soccer can piss people off back home. And that sounds good. I get up early to run so like, hope you don't like sleep!"

Cessily: Cessily casually shrugged and shook her head. "I won't mind, really. So, no worries." She demonstratively held up her arms. "My body doesn't need much sleep, so I'll be awake most of the time anyway. That is, when I'm not poking around the mansion or spending the night someplace else entirely."

Jac: "Ah...." yeah, she was staring again..."So...what are you...made of?"

Cessily: "Ooh, yeah, that's actually somewhat of a mystery." Cessily nodded, having expected this question. "You know, I think I should write an information brochure on myself sometime," she said to herself, but then chuckled and looked back at Jac. "So, right, everyone wonders about that, of course. It's basically some really odd and complex metal compound. So, yep, I'm though and through metallic."

Cessily: "I know it looks a lot like mercury, but no worries, I'm not toxic in any way," she quickly added with a nod. "Oh, and you've already seen some of the things that stuff can do. Like, change shape and hardness."

Jac: "So...No one's gonna die if they lick you then?" And...hardness? Jeeze....This was so giving her bad mental images.

Cessily: "Oh my, certainly not!" Cessily laughed and waved her hand at Jac. She then put on a thoughtful expression and looked upwards. "Well, perhaps only of sensual pleasure overload, but to my knowledge, I didn't manage to do that yet." She glanced back at Jac and gave her a smirk. "Why do you ask? You aren't interested, are you?"

Jac: Oh shit. "You're certainly...forward." She went back to her snowboard and hugged it. Saaafe! "Can't really say I am..."

Cessily: "Yeap." Cessily nodded and leaned sideways, propping herself up on her arm. "I've been raised to be really open minded about everything. So, I hope that's not a problem for you. I'm sorry if it is, but, like, you didn't make the impression of a prude or conservative to me."

Jac: "Long as you don't screw in my bed..." Jac shrugged. Oooh great. "Guess I'm like, not interested in it. Been there, done that, got bored, nicked his jeans."

Cessily: "Heh, I can live with that." Cessily smiled, but her expression turned to a slight frown. "Huh? What do you mean by not interested in it? Like, at all? That can't be, can it?"

Jac: "Why not?" she shrugged. "Just cause you might be the Duracell bunny doesn't mean everyone else is...Just more important things to do, more fun things to do...I'd rather get sweaty on a ski slope or track than in the backseat of a Peugeot 105 or some bedroom with bad posters."

Cessily: Cessily blinked and watched Jac with raised eyebrows, her expression a mix of amusement and slight disbelief. "More fun things to do? How could you say such a thing. That can only mean that you didn't do it right yet. Or with the right person." She chuckled and waved her hand. "Oh well. To each her own, I guess."

Cessily: "Hey, it's great to have another sporty student at school. A lot of the others aren't too fond of it, so perhaps we now have enough people around to play some team sports again."

Jac: Oh she well had an idea of what sports this chick wanted to play. Board safely in front of her, she cleared her throat. "Yeeeah. Well like, doubt you lot'd play what I'd want to."

Cessily: "You can never know. I'm sure we could think of a few fun things to do with each other." Cessily grinned and nodded, but then paused. "Uhm, I'm talking of sport and games and stuff... not anything else. So you don't get a wrong impression of me." She smiled sheepishly as she wondered just how 'wrong' this impression would actually be.

Cessily: Cessily quickly shifted her attention to Jac's pile-o-stuff. "Uhm, so, do you need help with unpacking? Or anything else I can do for you?"

Jac: "No offence mate, but you well don't look like you'd play rugby or cricket or that stuff..." Jac bounced on the balls of her feet a little, and looked around the room.

Jac: "Think I'm sorted. Well...You could tell me where's free to put stuff?" she offered, remembering she did have manners of sorts.

Cessily: "Ah yeah, sure!" Cessily sat up and hopped off the bed. "We'll just have to close ranks a little now that we're three girls in here, but we have enough room for everyone." She stood in front of the locker and thought for a moment. "I just hope that Ju hasn't taken up all the leftover space with her action figures yet. And I can clear a shelf in the bathroom where you can put your things."

Cessily: "And aside from this, feel free to follow Ju's and my tradition to just toss stuff where there's a visible spot of carpet on the floor," Cessily added with a laugh.

Jac: "Well, I don't have too much stuff other than me sports stuff, clothes...not got many books or that stuff..." she poked around the boxes she'd dumped in places.

Cessily: "That's cool. We'll have no problem to stash everything someplace." Cessily smiled and fidgeted a little restlessly. "So, I hope that Ju comes up here soon. I can't wait to introduce you two." Her face lit up as she got an idea. "Oh! Are you hungry? Thirsty? I could make some brownies to welcome you properly, if you want."

Jac: "Nah I ate and drank," she gave a sheepish grin. "I'm like, always hungry though, like, could eat all day me. You'd never know it."

Cessily: "Really? See, there's already another thing we have in common. I always have an appetite, as well." Cessily looked Jac up and down. "Uhm, is that related to your mutation, if I may ask? Because, like, you look really, really good. Err, I mean... fit."

Jac: "Yeah but like...you need to eat?" she raised an eyebrow a bit disbelieving. "An' fit? That's worse than good where I come from mate! Me Mam thought I was bulimic."

Cessily: Cessily bit her lip, slightly startled. "Uhm, yeah? I mean, fit, like in... athletic. I said something wrong, did I?" Bulimic? Oh my, what if she's bulimic and I made a stupid remark about it? Well done, Kincaid. "Sorry?"

Cessily: "And no, I don't actually need to eat," she hastily added. "But I can still taste and all, so I like to enjoy food and everything, you know? It's like... a habit."

Jac: "Fit means hot over in England. The get in there hot, not the burning hot," she sighed. God. Bloody made no sense. This was going to be a great four years.

Jac: "So like, why'dyer eat then? If yer don't need to? Ain't it a waste of food?"

Cessily: Cessily chuckled nervously. "Hey, it fits anyway. Heh, see? Fit fits." She tried to grin at Jac, but eventually had to facepalm at her own words. My, I'm lame. "Yeah, don't pay attention to what I say." Cessily regained her composure and cleared her throat. "Well, it's rather complicated. You're right, technically I wouldn't have to eat."

Cessily: "But, like I said, it's something that I'm used to and that I enjoy to do. Besides, it's something everyone does. So, it makes me feel more... normal, I guess."

Jac: Oooh this was gonna be well awkward, the girl was nice, but like...well odd. "Fair play. It's just odd to me, that you eat when you don't have to, sorry," she shrugged a little, playing with the peak of her cap.

Cessily: "If you think so. I mean, people do all kinds of things that aren't necessary. There would be no need for different kinds of food or extravagant dishes, seeing that we could also live off chewing roots." Cessily glanced down at her feet, wondering what had made her think of roots. "I mean, would you stop enjoying chocolate and all those nice things if you wouldn't need them anymore?"

Jac: "Nah you see, I need them. I eat three or four times much as I should, I don't have a choice really..." Wow. All that was deep.

Cessily: "Yeah, I see." Cessily started to feel a little awkward and decided to leave the topic of food alone for now. "So, why is that? I mean, what's your mutation," she asked, sitting back down on her bed.

Jac: "Well, hyperspeed. Guess I need the energy," she shrugged a little. "I dunno really. One of the reasons I'm here, so I can find out rather than Mam want to send me to an eating clinic again..." she perched on the windowsill, kicking her heel against the skirting board.

Cessily: "Oh, that sounds cool. Guess you'll never be late to class then." She smiled at Jac. "Maybe we're going to be in a few together. Oh, did you get to meet all the others yet? If not, I could introduce you to them."

Jac: "Oh yeah? You a first year then?" she asked, interested. Least she'd know someone then. "I met a load of people already, they gave me food n drink so it's all good!"

Cessily: "Hee, that's nice. And no, I'm a second year, actually. But it's a rather small school. Well, not in terms of size of the mansion, but it means we don't have that much students. So classes are small, and there are some courses that are offered to everyone."

Jac: "Ah...alrighty then," she jumped back up, blurring over to her new bed to grab a half hidden bottle of pop and set her board down again.

Cessily: Momentarily surprised by Jac's sudden burst of speed, Cessily blinked at her new roomie. "Wow, that's quite cool. No wonder you're fond of running. It has to be a blast when you go that fast." She paused as she remembered something. "Oh, by the way, would you be okay if I took a photo of you," she asked, leaning sideways to look for her camera.

Jac: That made her jump a little. "Urr, knock yourself out!" she agreed, swigging her fanta and perching on the end frame of the bed.

Cessily: "Shiny!" She grabbed her camera and sat back up, a lopsided smile on her face. "Uhm, photography is my favourite hobby, and I want to become a professional one day. So that you don't think I'm kinda weird for wanting to take your picture. I annoy everyone here all the time with that. You can ask the others about it."

Cessily: She grinned, lifting her camera, and took a picture of her new roomie. "Awesome. Now you can consider yourself properly welcomed at Xavier's."

[Edited on 18-7-08 by littlebamf]
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Shiny!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Jac: Oh shit. "You're certainly...forward." She went back to her snowboard and hugged it. Saaafe! "Can't really say I am..."
This line gave me a fantastic mental image that I couldn't get out of my mind for the rest of the instance:

"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Hee! Oh that's so perfect.