07/19 Instance: Recap

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

07/19 Instance: Recap

Post by steyn »

timeline: current

rachel: Rachel stared boredly at the tv, flipping through the channels again. Nope, still nothing on. Grudingly, she got up and looked over the dvds, popping on in before moving to lie back down on the couch. She hit the menu button, highlighting play movie, and hit select. Incredibles were better than late night tv.

Ben: Ben walked into the room and instantly stopped. "Dude pixar movies are the best!" He hopped over the couch and into the seat beside her. "Nice pick!" He nudged her "you looking forward to Valentines? Eh? Eh?"

rachel: She pulled her legs in, so they wouldn't be crushed and broke eye contact with the screen to look back at him. "Huh?" she asked, dumbly.

Ben: "I said: 'Yay! Happy Valentines! Chocolates and pointless candies!'" Ben grinned at her.

rachel: Rachel made a face and looked back to the movie, "What about it?"

Ben: "You're not excited? Big night for you and Josh I'd think." He said, nudging her again.

rachel: "Never excited for Valentine's. It's pointless." Shit. How had she forgotten about Valentine's? Oh, right. She hated it, that's how.

Ben: "Well... it isn't the best holiday, at all. But it's not exactly pointless. Though with your anniversary right around christmas and then Valentines right after that...I can understand why you downplay it."

Ben: He stretched his arms and then played off a yawn. "Yep, yep... guess Ben's gonna have to find a place to go on Valentines fer once..." He looked to her for a change in facial expression. None. "Mebbe... we should double date?" He looked to her again.

rachel: "It's pointless. Who wants to celebrate a guy getting his head chopped off with chocolate and flowers? And, it's my birthday, our anniversary, and Christmas." Oh, yeah, they downplay it because of all that. She wished that was true. "I don't know. I'll talk to Josh."

Ben: He knew she was going to reply that way and smiled back to her. "Look, if you don't want to make a deal out of Valentine's, we don't have to. I should be with just her anyways, get to know her one-on-one first." Ben took in a deep breath. "Maaaan she's so cool."

rachel: Rachel just rolled her eyes, resting her head against the arm of the couch. She was fairly sure she wasn't this bad about her and Josh, except when she was purposely messing with him and was talking to Rogue... "Valentine's day just sucks. Yeah...do that. Have fun hanging out with her."

Ben: Ben patted her head, which was followed by a grumble. "So anyways, I'm thinking of finally trying to square stuff with Rogue, being that she's Neena's roomie. Think it's a good idea?"

rachel: "Well, wouldn't you be doing that even if you weren't with her roomie?"

Ben: "Sure." Ben said, dismissing the idea, "I've been pretty concerned for a while that she's never going to speak to me again. She really is a wrath on your soul if you cross her huh?"

rachel: "Eh, she'll speak to you. It just won't be particularly friendly," Rachel shrugged.

Ben: Ben grunted and rolled his eyes. "What does she want from me! A fistfight? A harsh exchange of words?"

rachel: "An apology, maybe? Fuck if I know."

Ben: "I have though! Formally, written, on the phone, on my knees practically! What kind of person do I have to be to get her to be my friend again?" he turned to Rachel. "And is it even worth it anymore?"

rachel: "I don't know. That's something you'd have to ask her. I mean, we were all complaining about you drinking, so I doubt she wants you like that again. And, it's up to you if it's worth it. Rogue's a really good friend, so in my opinion it is. But...I can't tell you what to do about it."

Ben: Ben laid his head on the sofa cushion and sighed. "Yeah... I'm really bad at keeping relationships up huh?" he frowned and closed his eyes. "Don't let me screw it up with Neena please."

rachel: "Can't make any promises, but I'll try," Rachel stared blankly at the tv before closing her eyes with a yawn.

Ben: "I don't want super promises... just... if you see me messing up, mess me up." Ben looked seriously to her out of the corner of his eyes. "But if you ever see me drinking... you do what you think you need to to get me stop. Seriously."

rachel: Rachel could feel his eyes on her and opened hers to glance at him, "Just stop thinking you're going to mess up. Can't say you aren't going to...just...don't worry about it." She chewed on her lip, "If I ever catch you drinking, we'll be having another fight. ...Except I'll be the one to start it by kicking you in the face."

Ben: "Rachel, I'm never going to drink again. But I'm still an alcoholic. I have control, for now." He closed his eyes again and rolled his head about. "I broke a tree yesterday."

rachel: "And, I'm still a drug addict. You'll be fine. If I can take painkillers and sleeping pills without overdosing, you'll be okay. And, you did that how?"

Ben: "I hit it until it broke." Ben said simply. "I'll be honest, I was angry. I was practicing my hits on a tree in the back. Thinnish one. Sorta. I just kept thinking about how much I've screwed up. About Cletus, about everything."

rachel: "I kicked his fucking ass. I doubt he'll be a problem." At least she hoped not. She didn't really feel like taking his other arm off. Hell, only reason she knew she did was because she saw it online. "Addictions suck like that. They tear you apart."

Bens: "Yeah but you seem to-"

Ben: Ben stopped. "Wait...what did you just say? How did you know...Cletus..."

rachel: "I seem to what?" she asked and looked over at him again, "I read about it online. You never told me what exactly happened."

Ben: "And I swore to never do so. Are you okay about it?" Ben was concerned now and watched her carefully. "You've been okay that I've can see so far. I'm sorry I ever brought you there. I'm sorry that happened and I'm sorry the world sucks."

rachel: "If I answer, will you tell me what you were saying about me seeming to be whatever?"

Ben: "I was just going to say you seem to handle it all pretty well..." Ben sighed. "Yes, please just answer me."

rachel: "Just look like I handle things well. Honestly, I don't. And, I'm fine. Was only a matter of time til something like that happened," she rolled her eyes.

Ben: Ben tried to laugh but couldn't. "Look, if you need to talk about it we can, but it was one fluke accident. I brought it on you by bringing you and you seem in better control nowadays anyways."

rachel: "Why? I don't remember it. All I remember from that night is waking up and crying for Josh after we got back to Ozzy's." Rachel snorted, "Seem being the key word there."

Ben: "Rachel, if you weren't in better control, that night we fought, something a lot worse than me zonking you out and leaving would've happened. And you know it. You're doing good firebird."
Ben said winking. "And good that you don't remember."

rachel: She just gave a shrug, "I'm more careful around you than everyone else. I'd rather not slam you into a wall and smash your ribs again."

Ben: "Yeah well... some of the stuff I've done to you, I deserved it. Still do as well." Ben grinned. "Besides, now we got... that thing. You know? I feel you in my head sometimes when you're upset...it's weird. Have you had the same yet?"

rachel: "Eh, I guess I'll just have to think of good memories. ...Uh...like...um...I'll think of something in a minute 'cause when we got stoned is a bad answer..." Rachel shot him a grin back and raised an eyebrow, "Last thing on my mind, really, but I suppose if I paid attention I could. Unlike me, you don't hear stray thoughts from everyone."

Ben: Ben nodded. "I understand. Did you hear me say good bye? When I left?" Ben asked.
rachel: "Yeah," she replied, glancing back at the movie. "You expect me not to?"

Ben: "I figured you'd block it out." Ben said shrugging. "Being... you know... I kicked your ass." He nudged her. "Like really whooped it."

rachel: "Fuck you," she muttered. "Could've kicked your ass if I really wanted to." Rachel chewed on her lip, cursing a bit as she accidently got one of her lip rings, "You only hear me when I'm upset, right? No other time?"

Ben: Ben frowned. "I had one real bad experience. You got real uh... emotional. With Josh. I was drunk though and emotional myself, and I think I was passed out in the hall. I remember Nate dragging me back. I mumbled something about you keeping your shirt on, for the love of God." Ben laughed. "I really hated that belly shot you know..."

rachel: "Sorry. I try to shield...a lot...when that happens. Any other time I'm with him, not so much. I remember when you made me that ice cream sundae after Josh and I broke up." She snickered and poked her tongue out at him, "Aw, don't like my tongue ring?"

Ben: Ben shook his head. "Just try not to let it happen again." Ben looked at her tongue ring as she spoke. "Yes...I hate it. And I don't ever want anything like that to happen again. You're my best friend, one of my best friends girlfriends, and totally like the little sister I never had. I mean, jeez that was so wrong!"

rachel: "It was my first piercing besides my ears...well, typical earrings, y'know. Pierced it myself." Rachel snickered, "If I felt like moving, I'd lick you. Well, somehow, I also can't imagine Josh or Neena being thrilled. At least, Josh wouldn't be."

Ben: Ben frowned. "You come towards me and you'll find your mouth suddenly covered in a large glob of webbing. And yeah, I can only assume Neena would also be against it."

rachel: "Ew. That stuff takes forever to get off. Josh wasn't very happy about the body shot if it makes you feel better. Though, he doesn't have complaints about my tongue ring," she smirked.

Ben: Ben put his hand over her mouth, jokingly. "Uh-uh! Hush! I don't wanna know this or what he thinks about it, or where he thinks it's be-eeeeearrgh!" Ben shook his head, forgetting where his hand was.

rachel:

Ben: Ben's eyebrows furrowed.

rachel: Rachel raised an eyebrow, her lips forming a smirk.

Ben: Ben replied. Moving his hand he sat back.

rachel: "Good thing you removed your hand. I was going to go for the images you only wish you could forgot, but I'm not fond of heights, soooo..." Rachel shot up and moved to sit on his lap, so he couldn't move. Grabbing his arm, she brought it to her lips, trying not to laugh at his yelp.

Ben: Ben tried to push her off, but she was stubborn. "No! No, nononono!" he said, sounding as if he was being tortured. "Don't do it! Get off! Don't be mean! Eiw! Eiw! Josh! Your girlfriend is being horrid!"

rachel: Rachel gave into the giggling and fell off the couch as he struggled to get away, "I didn't...think....you'd really...sound like...a little girl."

Ben: Holding his arm tightly as if someone had burned it or stabbed it, he shot her a dirty look. "Bad! Bad Rachel!" He wagged his finger. "When Neena and I start doing stuff I'm gonna tell you every detail so you can feel the same pain as I do!"

rachel: She poked her tongue out at him, hoping he'd cringe or something at the sight of it. "Pffft, like I'd care. I'll just give you details about Josh and I. And, trust me, there's more about us than you and Neena, considering I slept with Josh after going out with him for a little over week."

Ben: Ben covered his ears and shut his eyes. "La, la, la, la! It's crazyyy! I'm thinkinnng! Just knowing that the world is rooound! And Here I'm dancing on the groooound!" He sang loudly.

Ben: "And you know what Rachel, this is weird too... I'm okay with taking it slow for once. I'm happy with Neena, I'm happy floating around and making out behind secret doors or rolling on eachother in the snow." Ben said laughing. "I'm... really happy."

rachel: "I can't say anything about slow. Never done that," she shrugged, glancing up at him from the floor. "Good that you're happy. Everyone always tells me I seem a lot happier with Josh. Well, like, everyone that knew me when I was cutting and while I was in the medlab and recovering and everything."

Ben: Ben snorted. "So everyone who knows?" He laughed and patted her on the head. "You and Josh are the best together. Better than Tom Cruise and NIcole Kidma-... er... wait..."

rachel: "No, like everyone that was here when Liz had to drag my ass to the medlab. Cess, Kitty, Meggan, and I'm pretty sure Bobby and Liz. They just don't make a huge deal over it. I mean, you saw me when we broke up, too, so I dunno. Just everyone says I'm happier. It's weird," she gave one more shrug and glanced at the tv. Or as much of it she could see from her position on the floor.

rachel: "You wanna get snacks and start the movie over since we've talked through most of it?"

Ben: "Snacks, for sure. I'd rather watch Pulp Fiction now though..." Ben got up and pointed to the kitchen. "I've gone from stashing alcohol to stashing brownies. I'd tell you where I hid them but... honestly I don't trust you. You get the drinks, I'll get the food! Meet back in ten!"

rachel: "But..." Rachel cut off her protest, "Fine. I'll get the drinks." She pushed herself off the floor with a grin, "And nothing alcoholic."