07/31 Instance: Classifieds

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

07/31 Instance: Classifieds

Post by steyn »

Timeline current:

Cessily: Cessily lounged in her favourite chair in the recroom, legs pulled up so she could sit in a cross-legged pose. There was no one else around, and she languidly played with the strings of her violin. She did that often lately. Sitting there and waiting for some of the others to show up. She didn't like being alone for too long. Not as much as she used to.

Kyle: Kyle pushed the door from the kitchen open with his shoulder as he kept the newpaper open in front of him. Not even looking up at Cess, he walked over and plomped himself down on the couch. "Hi Cess," he said.

Cessily: "Hey, Kyle!" Cessily looked up from her violin to send Kyle a smile. She raised her eyebrows as she watched him. One didn't see Kyle with his face buried in a newspaper very often. "How are you? Reading something interesting?"

Kyle: "Reading...stuff. I can't find a job that..umm....that I can do." Half the work that got placed in the newspaper had names he didn't even understood.

Cessily: "Ooh, you're looking for a job? Awesome!" Cessily sat up and put her legs down, resting the violin on her knees. "I've been thinking about finally getting one that is actually paying, as well. But I know that this can be tricky, no? I mean, finding something that suits you."

Cessily: Cessily ran a hand through her hair as she watched Kyle and the newspaper. "So, have you already seen something that would interest you? Like, what would you want to do?"

Kyle: Kyle pierced the tthe paper with a claw to mark where he last was and looked up to Cess. "No...well, no I..uh..I don't know what I want. I know I want money...but I don't know what job to do."

Cessily: Cessily chuckled. "Heh, yeah, there are many different things, aren't there? But don't worry about that. Believe me, when it comes to student jobs, it's not so much about what you want to do, but about what there's actually available to do." She made a slight face. "And I know from first hand experience that the whole obvious mutant thing isn't exactly helpful, either."

Kyle: "I asked at the walmart place, but they said they didn't need anyone...and and..uh...the other place.....Target, yeah, they said the same thing." Kyle's eyes scanned over the paper once again. "There's a....waffle house...place...that needs a cook....do you think I can do that?"

Cessily: Cessily thought about what to say for a moment before answering, chewing on her lower lip. On the one hand, she didn't want to crush Kyle's hopes outright, but on the other hand, would it have been really responsible to entrust Kyle with complex cooking equipment. There could be lives at stake. "Uhm, I'm not sure, Kyle."

Cessily: She leaned over to him. "Well, do you know how to cook waffles? And besides, you will probably have to deal with hot stoves there, and possibly even open flames. Would you be comfortable with that?"

Kyle: He realised whta Cessily said was true, "Oh..yeah..no I won't. What would you want to do? For work." he asked looking back up to her, forgetting to mark his place.

Cessily: Cessily gave a slight shrug. "I'm not sure yet. I guess I'm in the same dilemma as you are. I mean, there's the charity work I'm doing regularly, but that's not like a real job, of course. I don't do that for money, and they can't pay anything, anyway. So, it would have to be something else."

Cessily: She smiled at him. "I mean, the dream job for me would be if I got to be a freelance photographer, but there's a lot of competition. There are many photographers out there who want to have jobs. So, I guess I'll have to look elsewhere until I get my photos published." She paused, then looked back at Kyle. "I guess you don't have any suggestions, too."

Kyle: "Err..." he slowly shook his head, "no...sorry..no I don't. Maybe Walmart....or Target?" He looked back to the paper. "Do you have....three years experience in S A P ...programming management? Because they need someone like that."

Cessily: Cessily sighed. "Well, no. Are they really requiring this? What, are they looking for someone to run the entire store or what?" She put the violin down on the table and stood up, sitting down on the couch next to Kyle to have a look at the newspaper. "Gee, they actually do. I guess the job search will be trickier than I thought then."

Kyle: Kyle sighed. Coming at the end of the newspaper, he held it up to Cess. "Nothing I can do...want to look through? Maybe...maybe you can get something in there....for yourself."

Cessily: "Hm, yeah, perhaps." She took the newspaper from Kyle, giving him a comforting look. "I'm sorry. I wish you had more luck with that. Or that I could think of anything brilliant that might help you find a job." She started to leaf through the paper, then sighed. "Who am I fooling here. The chances for people like us to find any decent job is slim enough."

Kyle: Kyle crane his head to the side, looking at the page and reading an article on the other side of the page Cess was holding up. "....prank gone bad...a dog died when he was stolen..."

Cessily: "Hm?" Cessily turned the paper around to see what Kyle had been reading. "Awww, that's a sad story. The poor thing was that university's mascot." She shook her head. "I guess those freshman though this would be a very fun thing to do. Such idiots. I can't stand people who are cruel to animals."

Kyle: "Mascot?" Kyle asked. He was pretty certain he knew what that word was, but just to be sure he asked anyway. "A mascot is..a...?"

Cessily: "Yeah, he was the mascot," Cessily said with a nod. "Uhm, that's a... how to explain? Something that represents a certain group or organisation or a team. It can be anything. From a person in a funny suit, to an animal, or simply a sign. It's supposed to bring luck and make people think of what it stands for. And usually it's pretty funny, too."

Kyle: "Oh..." Kyle scratched his side, staring at the article, "maybe they should get a person in a funny suit next...doubt if that will happen again."

Cessily: Cessily read further through the article. "Yeah, apparently they won't be getting another live animal as a mascot again. They got many complaints from activists after that incident and so either have to pick a person to be the mascot now, or they won't get one at all. I think that's a good thing."

Cessily: She read to the end of it. "Heh, they write that they're auditioning for the role of the mascot and are collecting ideas and submissions right now. Hey, wouldn't that be worth a try," she asked Kyle jokingly. "You could join the auditions."

Kyle: "O....kay...umm....what will I have to do?" He asked. The idea of him stuck in a funny suit wasn't very tempting, but then again, they didn't put anything in the article about experience or education or something in that line.

Cessily: Cessily blinked at him. Was he taking that suggestion serious? "Uhm... I'm not sure. It should be pretty simple, I guess. Like, dancing a little bit, or doing some acrobatics. And posing for pictures and stuff." She smiled at him. "Are you seriously considering to audition for this?"

Kyle: "Wel...it wouldn't hurt? Don't have anything else...I, I can do acrobatics...and Laura used to try to teach me dance...and, and, and you know I can pose for pictures." Kyle smiled sitting back in the couch.

Cessily: Cessily had to laugh a little. "Well, yeah, maybe that's not a bad idea, after all. I can see you being good at this job." She looked over the article again. "And it's a local college, even. You could easily drive there." She grinned at him and shrugged. "Alright, I mean, why not? It's worth a try. And I know that you're very photogenic."

Kyle: Kyle's smile only broadened, "Can't be that hard. Now we got to get you a job.....maybe there's a story of a...a...photographer who can't take photos anymore."

Cessily: Cessily grinned and gave Kyle a spontaneous hug. "Thanks, that's really cute of you. You'll certainly get this job with such an attitude." She took a look at the newspaper and frowned. "Well, that would be a huge coincidence, don't you think? But perhaps there are small or alternative magazines I could freelance for. It doesn't have to be the National Geographic right away."

Kyle: Kyle was all warm and fuzzy inside afte the hug. "Maybe you can make, err...can make money with pictures of mutants. Don't see a lot of pictures of us in the thing....the news paper."

Cessily: Cessily pondered this. "Hm, yeah, I can see that such pictures would be very sought after by the press, with all the interest in us that has come up. That is, if everyone would be comfortable with such a thing. I'm sure not everyone would be fine with the whole world gawking at them just because they're different."

Cessily: She smiled. "But perhaps that's a chance to show everyone that we're actually not that different, after all. Like, I could take pictures of mutants while they're going about their lives, showing everyone that we're in fact just like them."

Kyle: "So...it'll be the same as all the other pictures you have?" he asked, seeing that Cess always had her camera with her most of the time, taking pictures of almost everything going on.

Kyle: "Like...like everything we do all day? Like eating and school stuff?" Kyle then thought back of himself back in Duke university, back when he was being taught to do normal things. That whole thing was also photographed and video taped.

Cessily: "Well, not all the time, of course." Cessily chuckled and shrugged. "That would be a bit much work, and I guess most people wouldn't want to see all of that. The pictures should be interesting, but also show that we're leading lives just as everyone else does."

Kyle: "Will I be in it?" he asked. He was pretty certain that normal people don't actually run around catching furry animals with their hands like he does. And he also has that tiny feeling that not everyone prefer their food as fresh as he does.

Cessily: "Why yes, of course you will," Cessily replied with a grin and leaned over to give Kyle a quick kiss on the cheek. "You're way too cute to be left out. Besides, I'm pretty sure that people would be more interested to see the more unusual looking mutants, anyway."

Kyle: Kyle grinned, and leaned over to her and gave a lick on her cheek, and finally said, "I got a job to go get...you can do more photos...now it's time for food." With that he got up and walked over to the kitchen, stopping for a moment. "I think someone made more cookies, you want some?" he asked standing at the door.

Cessily: "Sure. When have I ever said no to cookies?" Cessily got to her feet and followed Kyle to the kitchen. "Oh, speaking of which, if you do get this job at that college, I'll so have to take pictures of you being a mascot."