08/03 Instance: The Great Experiment

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Selene: Selene wandered through the mansion, feeling increasingly confused. She had tried to find Warlock in the library and in the computer lab, but didn't have any luck in either place. After having tried the kitchen, recroom and the Danger Room, she was beginning to run out of rooms to look in.

Selene: Well, there still were the classes and workrooms left. One after one, she poked her head into them, slowly working her way towards the art rooms. "Are you hiding from me," she asked, finally spotting the familiar back of Warlock as she peeked into one of the rooms.

Warlock: Warlock double-checked the instructions he'd downloaded from the website into his brain as he rummaged in the supplies cupboard in the art room "... Polymer clay, dark tan or medium brown ... face mold ... face mold ... does the school not have such a device? Perhaps in the textiles room?" He muttered to himself.

Warlock: On hearing Selene's voice her jerked up quickly, banging his head against the top of the cupboard and knocking over some paint cans that had been left out on top of it, "SelffriendSelene? Self is not hiding!" He straightened up and tidyed up the cans before turning around to face her with a slightly embaressed smile.

Selene: Selene frowned, looking him up and down. She had a small smirk on her face. "I know what hiding something looks like. I do it myself often enough." She stepped into the room and folded her hands behind her back. "And I didn't mean to blame you for it. I could entirely understand if you had secrets you want to keep hidden. Everyone does."

Warlock: "Secrets ... self has no secrets ..." Warlock said, shutting the door to the cupboard behind him and walking forwards to her, "Umm ... at least no unpleasent ones," he added, leaning down slightly and brushing his lips lightly against her forhead, "You are well then?"

Selene: "Oh, everyone should have secrets. They're such an interesting thing. Especially trying to find out about them." Selene closed her eyes at his touch. "Honesty is so boring." She found herself leaning slightly closer. How unusual, she found. She was used to instinctively do the opposite. "I'm as well as I can be, given the circumstances."

Warlock: Warlock's smile grew warmed and he wrapped his arms around the girl and stroked down her long hair, "Well ... self thinks that perhaps you will find out about this secret soon enough, but what circumstances are these? Has something made you unhappy?"

Selene: "I'm not sure," Selene replied, opening her eyes again. She glanced sideways. "I recently learned that one of the students has died. She was my friend." Selene paused, frowning in confusion. "I can't remember having had friends before. This was a new experience for me."

Selene: She took a breath. "I also never lost a person that meant anything to me. Or, at least, I can't remember that I ever have. This, too, is very unfamiliar for me." Selene shook her head slightly. "It feels... I don't know... so strange. I guess I feel loss."

Warlock: Ahh ... yes, TJ ... "Self didn't really know her very well, self only really talked to her once but she seemed so nice and ... it is ... strange." He automatically tighened his arms around Selene, hugging her close and stroking down her back soothingly, "Self doesn't really ... understand death ..."

Selene: Selene didn't reject Warlock as he pulled her closer, instead letting him stroke her back. It didn't feel bad. "Death is a curios thing," she replied. "The simplest answer might be that things come to life, and subsequently things die. They work, and then something breaks. Like a machine. Although, you can repair machines. But that seems somehow... unsatisfactory as a explanation to me."

Warlock: Warlock shrugged and gave her one last squeeze before backing away a little, "Self understands better then most the difference between man and machine, machines do not miss their fellows when they break."

Selene: "Perhaps most machines are just too simple to experience any feeling of loss. I don't think that the simpler forms of life miss each other when they die, as well. But for some reason, we do. I guess it's because we're so much more complex. There's something unique about each of us. And when this person is gone, there's something missing. You can't replace it."

Selene: "I liked to spend time with TJ and her son," Selene continued. "Thinking about these times now makes me feel odd. I miss her." She took a deep breath and shook her head. "I guess I will have to explore my feelings to this event more thoroughly."

Warlock: "Well, have you thought of perhaps speaking to ProfessorDaiGuan about your feelings? As a councilor she should be able to assist you correct?" He stroked her cheek, "You ... you mean to much to self for self to see you unhappy."

Selene: Selene pondered Warlock's words for a few seconds. Then she nodded once. "Perhaps I should do this, yes. I'm encouraged to speak to her anyway, because of the rather unique condition my mind is in. At the very least, as a counsellor she might have some advice to offer how to sort out this confusion I'm feeling about all of this."

Selene: She looked up at his eyes and smiled slightly. "I might not be sure on how exactly I feel about it, but I'm quite certain about one thing: I rather prefer to have the people I care about around instead of missing them."

Warlock: Warlock smiled at her, "Self agrees with you, self doesn't know what self would do if anything were to happen to you... it is almost impossible to try and comprihend what schoolmateRemy and his son are going through, though ... self must confess to a slight feeling of ... emptiness when the others speak about thier loved ones beyond the school ... perhaps this is a similar feeling?" He kissed her cheek this time.

Selene: "Perhaps. I'm in a similar situation as you," she reminded him, gently brushing her cheek against his. "Don't forget that I can't remember my family, as well. Or whether I still have one. But it was different before I came here. I had no one then. No one I cared about. It didn't matter to me, because you can't miss what you don't know."

Selene: "All of this changed when I came here and actually found friends. I wouldn't have cared about any of these people before, but now I know that I would miss them if they were gone. Even though this is inevitable often enough." She returned the kiss to the cheek. "But don't worry about loosing me. I'm quite persevering."

Warlock: Warlock blushed a little, "Well you never need to worry about looseing self either, it is part of self's mutation, self is almost undestructable according to ProffessorHankMacCoy."

Selene: "Mmm, don't tempt me to put this to a test," Selene replied with a smirk. She grabbed his shirt and pulled him closer, kissing his lips, taking her time with it. "I think I'm starting to improve when it comes to doing this. Also, I start to understand why the other students seem to be so addicted by it. It feel good."

Warlock: "Mmf!" Warlock's eye's widened in shock as he was pulled in by Selene and her lips pressed against his own, but after a second he returned it enthusiastically, arms wrapping around her and pulling her warm body tight against his own, he had a feeling that the pratice they'd been doing was starting to pay of, every time they kissed it just felt better.

Selene: "I have to admit that I'm more than surprised to find myself doing this," she said after their lips parted again. "I never expected that I would ever kiss someone. Sharing others fantasies about it with my telepathy killed pretty much any appeal it had to me. And to be honest, I always found most guys who wanted to flirt with me to be terribly annoying. But it's different with you."

Warlock: Warlock brushed the palms of his hands up and down Selene's arms, "Well, you are the only person that self has felt attracted too, and ... not just because you are ..." he blushed and looked down, "you are ... most beautiful, but your personality ... you are beautiful both inside and out selffriendSelene."

Selene: "I'm pretty sure that most people would use the term creepy on both accounts, but that doesn't mean I don't like it when you say such things. It shows that you have an interesting and exquisite taste." She tilted her head and looked at him. "I have to say that I'm a little surprised that you're feeling this kind of attraction towards me. This is a very human thing, isn't it?"

Warlock: Warlock shrugged, "I'd say it meant that they had no taste if they say such things about you," he met her gaze, looking a little confused, "What do you mean, selffriendSelene, self is human just like you, we're just different."

Selene: Selene blinked at Warlock, then glanced sideways. "Yes, that's not what I meant. Please, don't misunderstand me." She took a breath, trying to carefully pick her words. "A lot of your typical behaviour seems to be quite different from most humans would consider normal. Almost, machine-like. Though, I mean no offense by saying that."

Selene: She wrapped her arms around his waist. "What I was getting at is that sexuality seems to be such a typical biological activity. Doesn't it remind you of the times before your change?"

Warlock: Warlock ran his thumbs down his cheek, "Ahh ... self understands what you are trying to say, but ..." he bit his lip in thought as he tried to think of a way to word it properly, "Self ... self would not really say that this is to do with sexuality, self has no biological impulses after all, self does not require food or sleep after all. Self's attraction to you is," he could feel his cheeks starting to go red, "is more ... more ..."

Selene: Selene patiently waited for an answer. "Please, go ahead," she encouraged him with a nod. "This is most intriguing. I had no idea about the scope of your change." She put on a thoughtful expression. "Would you say that your attraction to me is of a mental nature?"

Warlock: Warlock blushed a little harder and looked down, "Affirmative ... though that ... doesn't mean that self doesn't enjoy biological ... urges ..." He stuttered out, his hands were now at her waist and his thumbs tracing little embarassed circles over her skin.

Selene: "That's fascinating," Selene replied with a slight smile. "So far, the boys who have flirted with me before only did it out of pure biological urge. As you can probably guess, their advancements were anything but refined and quite annoying. I would say that is one of the main reasons why I have been very reluctant when it came to this matters, so far."

Selene: She found herself leaning against him, enjoying his touch. "It's so different with you. Not annoying at all. I feel relaxed in your arms."

Warlock: Warlock closed his eyes and leant his head on top of her's, "Self is never happier then when self is with you, like this." He cleared his throat automatically, "Umm ... acctually, self wished to ask you something, selffriendSelene."

Selene: "Well, just go ahead then." Selene chuckled slightly. "Does it concern certain biological urges you might have or not have? Because if you're feeling uncertain in this regard, some further experimentation and exploration might be warranted." She smirked. "Out of purely scientific interest, of course."

Warlock: Warlock gaped, feeling a little flustered at that, "Oh! Oh negative, negative self would not ... umm ... well ... not if you're not ready ... uhh." He coughed again, "Though .. it is in the spirit of experimentation ... self has dome some research on this particular, um, situation and self understands that it is traditional that the, uhh, couple go out together ... I believe it is called a .. a date?" He risked a shy yet hopeful glance up a

Warlock: glance up at her face.

Selene: "Ah, yes, I see." Selene smirked and nodded slowly. "Yes, as far as I know, date is the correct term. I read about this a couple of times. And while I'm usually not too fond of following the well trodden path of traditions, I can see this being an enjoyable experience." She raised an eyebrow at him. "Would that be a formal invitation to go out together? If that's the case, I hereby accept."

Warlock: "Really!? You do?" Warlock beamed, "Uhh ... self though that ... since self doesn't have any money self could ... take you flying? Would you like that selffriendSelene?" Shesaidyes!ShesaidYES!

Selene: Selene tilted her head sideways, remembering when she had see him flying in his black and gold shape outside the school. "This sounds far more exciting to me than any date you could possibly buy with money. I would love to make such an experience."

Warlock: Shesaidyes! "Wonderful, are you free tomorrow evening .. about eight?" He was fighting to keep his voice steady and not let it turn into an excited squeak. Shesaidyes!

Selene: Selene frowned and put on a thoughtful face. "Tomorrow evening, about eight? Let's see... no, I'm sorry. I already have an appointment at this time. There is this quite attractive other guy who asked me to head out with him in his car. He offered to help me get rid of my virginity. Isn't that nice of him?"

Selene: She paused for a moment, before giving Warlock an impish grin. "I'm free at eight tomorrow - and will be looking forward to going out with you."

Warlock: Warlock went bright red at the mention of Selene's virginity, but managed to control himself enough to say, "Alright, self will meet you at the patio ... self means on the patio, at eight yes? Self is looking forward to it too!" Alsa he couldn't keep the volume of his voice under control and it climbed in volume from his excitement.

Selene: "At eight on the patio. I'll write it down in my notebook right away so I don't forget it." Selene nodded firmly. "By the way, you should consider having a look taken at your vocal chords. They seem to be malfunctioning."

Warlock: "Oh ... ahem ... affirmative, good idea." He blushed hotly, he needed to go and finish the present he was making right away if he wanted it done before tomorrow, "Umm .. self will see you in next class, affirmative?"

Selene: "Affirmative," Selene agreed before startling. "I mean, yes. I'll see you next class." She leaned forward to place another quick kiss on Warlock's lips, before turning away and waving her hand at him as she strode out of the room.

Warlock: Warlock grinned stupidly to himself as he watched her leave, before turning back to the cupboard and burrowing through it with renewed vigour, She said YES! Need to finish it for tomorrow!

[Edited on 3-8-08 by Starfish]
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

D'awwwww! They are soooo UBER cute :D awesomely played you two :D
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Too much cute >< :P
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

The odd couple that oddly, makes a helluva lot of sense.

Great job guys :).

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

I'm wondering if they're gonna beat Sam/Rogue out for the cutest couple award...:shifty
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

I think Sam/Rogue has competition for cutest couple, LOL. Very nice, you two!
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
The odd couple that oddly, makes a helluva lot of sense.
I know it's bizarre isn't it? :P
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

*snort* Cute indeed.

Gonna have to step up the game now... drat. :shifty

:P
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I didn't mind the cute ... *liked* it, in fact. Usually cute grosses me out. (Except in my own fanfic, of which this kinda reminded me. Only yours is way better.)

Some nice touches, like his thumbs tracing little embarassed circles over her skin and "Uhh ... self though that ... since self doesn't have any money self could ... take you flying? Would you like that selffriendSelene?" Shesaidyes!ShesaidYES! .

Well done. Way fun.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."