8/10 Instance: "Suck Up and Swallow"

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Timeline current

SinJin: St. John ambled down the hallways, hoping Lizzie'd be in the hangar - if not, he'd have to call her cell phone and apologizing for being a stupid asshole over the phone was just tacky.

Elizabeth: Adjusting her earphones, she turned up the volume a little on her mp3 and started to unscrew on of the panels on the jet. God. She was sure Rankin had deliberately gone out when the jet was due her oilchange...

SinJin: Ah, there she was. Deja vu... "Hi Lizzie!" He called, loudly enough to be heard over whatever music she was playing.

SinJin: He waved with a small smile, and walked over.

Elizabeth: Frowning in concentration as she caught the panel before it swung and smacked her in the face and set it down carefully on a cloth on the floor. Tugging her earphones out, she put them around her neck and switched her mp3 off. "Hey," she finally greeted him, then went to grab an extra bucket, remembered what had happened the last time...

SinJin: "Need help?" He asked, trying to stay neutral. He'd work up to the apology, as he chickened out at the last second.

Elizabeth: "Not really, used to this," she reached inside and then there was a spurt of oil. Catching it in the bucket, she wiped her messy hand on her back. "The overalls still come in useful though." She eyed him over her shoulder. He was bound to want something...

SinJin: He gave her a smile and said before he could come up with another stall, "look, I know I've been a total ass, and I hurt you, and I just wanted to apologize. I'm sorry that I said one thing, and did another, and that I was flaky towards you."

Elizabeth: Looking up at him, she narrowed her eyes. "Hurt me? Well if you think so. Compared to what I've felt in the past, you just running to me when you're bored is far from hurtful. I'd say more insulting."

Elizabeth: But..."Look, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate your apology though. Just...clarifying. Anyway, what's brought this on? I haven't even seen you yet this semester."

SinJin: "Yes, that too. I've actually been avoiding you - since I figured that you wouldn't want to see me, after I was such an ass. But, I feel terrible about my actions, and decided to suck it up and clear the air." He stuck his hands in his jeans pockets and shrugged.

Elizabeth: The bucket was starting to get heavy in her arms. "Could you pass me that bucket a second?" she asked, nodding her head to it. "So, you just feel bad about it all...Sure it's nothing to do with anything else? And that haircut makes you look about fifteen," Lizzie added with a small snicker.

SinJin: He grabbed the bucket and frowned at her. "I came here to apologize, not ask for a booty call. I'm not that bad." He handed it off, and took the used oil bucket and set it on the ground at his feet. "But it's better than looking like a girl with the long hair." He cracked a smile.

Elizabeth: "If you say so, you're not terribly convincing and what happens at parties here does get around awfully fast...Not wishing you were in Amara's place right now?" she shfted the buckets around, grimacing as some splashed on her.

SinJin: He blinked. "No," he replied honestly. "Why would I be jealous of her?"

Elizabeth: "Just what I heard," Lizzie replied, looking up at him. "And with how you were last semester so..." she shook her head and went back to her work.

SinJin: "I would like to hope that I've grown up a bit since then." He looked around for another bucket.

Elizabeth: Setting the bucket down as the last of the oil came out, she reached back inside, making faces from the effort of fixing things back in place. "Well good then. But really don't blame me for asking after last time."

SinJin: "I don't." He took a breath. "So, we're clear then?"

Elizabeth: "Guess so," picking up a rag, she wiped her hands a little cleaner. She may as well leave it there, as he'd only get sulky and over apologetic again and that was a waste of time for both of them.

SinJin: He grinned at her. "Good. You missed a spot." He took the cloth and wiped her cheek. "So...I was wondering when we could do another Geek night? I'm sure Bobby and Lorna'd be up for it."

Elizabeth: Rolling her eyes a little, Lizzie took the rag from him and stood up. "It happens every week y'know. Just turn up. Usually Thursdays."

SinJin: "True. Okay, then. I'll see you Thursday." He turned and walked away.

Elizabeth: Watching him go, she sighed a bit inwardly. "Are you sure you're alright? You seem a bit..off."

SinJin: He turned, and walked backward a few steps and stopped. "I'm fine. Did you expect me to say 'oh good, let's go fuck now that's over with'? I did honestly come to apologize only. Did you want me to stay and chat? I can help or just stand and give comments from the peanut gallery." He walked back over. "I can stay..."

Elizabeth: "Honestly? Yes, I did expect you come back here out of boredom having been snubbed. Because that's so far how you've acted," she folded her arms a little, watching him. "But...whatever. I really don't care. You just get used..." trailing off, she busied herself back with the innards of the jet.

SinJin: "You get used...?" He leant against the jet, waiting. "To what, Lizzie?"

Elizabeth: "You get used to it," she shrugged and continued. "That's all."

SinJin: "Oh. Well, if you want..." He winked at her. "But all joking aside, I'd like to be a better friend."

Elizabeth: "I'm fine with that, just remember not to go poking too far over certain boundaries then jumping back like you had a cattle prod shoved down your throat."

SinJin: "Okay. I'll remember."

Elizabeth: "You have said that before though, so...You either want to know, or you don't, you can't pretend..." she sighed a bit, pulling the front of her overalls away from her a few times to cool off a little.

SinJin: He tracked the movement for a second, before he consciously pulled his eyes up to her face. "You're right. It was callous of me to do that."

Elizabeth: "You're right. It was. And I've said I'm perfectly fine without you wanting to know. If I walk out of a room, it's usually because I want to," she explained, thinking of Halloween. "If I want to talk or share the problem, I'd stay put."

SinJin: "Okay. I'll take my cues from you." He scuffed his shoe on the floor, tapping out a rhythm. "I'll only ask if you want to talk, and I'll listen and not freak out."

Elizabeth: "No, no I mean if I want to talk, I'll talk," she sighed. Oh this was just going round in circles, Lizzie thought as she stuck her head back inside the panel.

SinJin: He sighed. Now he was annoying her - great. "Okay." He bent over to look at what she was doing. "So - do you want me get new oil?"

Elizabeth: "It's okay, I've got a couple more things to do before I can replace it, you're good as you are. Just pass me that wrench please?," she waved to the toolbox behind her.

SinJin: He poked through the box and pulled out the wrench and handed it to her. "So, is it like changing a car's oil - but bigger?"

Elizabeth: "Sort of. It's an engine after all," she tightened up some loose pipes inside. "And it's the same exactly as in it's the dirty job, which I always get stuck with."

SinJin: "You'd give Mike Rowe a run for his money." He grinned. "There's something to be said about getting absolutely filthy while doing a good job and then showering after. It does make you feel as though you've accomplished something." He shrugged a shoulder.

Elizabeth: "If you think so. But the shower is just a requirement rather than port of accomplishment. Personally I prefer a bath for that sort of situation."

SinJin: He made a face. "But then you sit in the dirty water...unless you drain and refill. I like how the Japanese do baths - they wash first and relax after."

Elizabeth: "Japanese hotsprings are wonderful..." she smirked a bit, thinking of her trip. "The monkeys are a pain though."

SinJin: "Oh yeah? I got lots of tourists from Japan, but never went myself. I have heard the monkeys are a handful, though."

Elizabeth: "It just about adopted us - and nearly jumped in with us as well. Japan is such an incredible place, though probably never going to Tokyo again."

SinJin: "Oh? Why not?" He picked up a screwdriver and twirled it in his fingers.

Elizabeth: "Long story," she sat back a bit. "Basically got undesirable attention so was only allowed out with a chaperone and that's not worth it in the end. Too independant, so I'd rather just go to another city." Though...Maybe now she was in the Inner Circle she wouldn't have a problem.

SinJin: "Ah. Your modelling caught up with you?" He grinned.

Elizabeth: "Not...exactly," Lizzie grinned slyly. Well she didn't have to give him the full story..."Something caught up with me alright."

SinJin: "Oh? Do tell." He settled comfortably leaning against the jet's hull.

Elizabeth: "No, it's not that interesting really," she waved her hand a bit. "Just a fuss over nothing."

SinJin: He made a face. "Well, I have heard the Japanese can be really whacked-out fans."

Elizabeth: "Nothing really of mine has ever been in Japan. Just the UK, some of the Commonwealth," she gave him a smirk, "and in some parts of Western Europe. Don't even think I have fans. I'm not known enough hardly."

SinJin: He laughed. "You've got at least one fan." He tapped his chest.

Elizabeth: "One doesn't make for an army," she gave him a wry smile and got up. "Anyway, I need to get about finishing this off..."

SinJin: He danced a few steps away. "Don't let me stop you."

Elizabeth: "Oh that's not a 'fuck off' as such, I just need to be doing things..."

SinJin: "All right. I'm sure there's not much for me to help with?"

Elizabeth: "If you knew what you were doing, I'd let you help, but it'd take more effort teaching you as we went along, than just doing it solo. No offence."

SinJin: "None taken." He put the screwdriver back in the tool box and stood aside, watching silently.

Elizabeth: Okay...She should really charge people for this for the principle. "Ginny, if you would like to be useful, you could always make me a cup of tea, you know...."

SinJin: "I could, couldn't I?" He grinned and mock-saluted. "Right then, tea it is." He turned and walked off to go make tea, whistling.

Elizabeth: Shaking her head, Lizzie watched him saunter out of the doors and turned her attention back to her work.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I like the little mention in there of the inner circle....and monkeys. Monkeys always a good thing to mention in an instance.