8/11 Instance: Empty Shell

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline: Current

Rahne: Rahne finished up her cigarette and stubbed it out on the floor, looking up at the house by the lake, as soon as she'd finished up with Kyle she'd showered again and come out here, her fur was still damp and she shivered slightly despite the thickness of her hoodie. She still couldn't believe it, she was still ... she didn't know what. She wasn't even sure if she should go and see Remy ... would he even want to see her. After all, she'd come back and... yeah.She sighed and foulded her arms walked hunched up to the door and rung the bell.

Remy: He set down the book he'd been reading for assignment and went to the door, shocked even more than he had been with Vic at the apparition outside. "Rahne?" He pulled her in out of the cold, and gave her a quizzical look as he shut the door. "Mon Dieu girl, where've y' been?"

Rahne: Rahne flinched as she was grabbed and pulled in, "Um ... Remy ... hey." She rubbed her arms absently, "Me ... oh ... yeah I've been around you know." Fuck ... what the hell was she supposed to say 'Sorry, I heard TJ and the baby died, my condolances?'

Rahne: Ugh ... God no. "Umm ... how about you?" She hazzarded as they made thier way into the living room.
Rahne: *How are you?

Remy: Well, it didn't get any more awkward he supposed, but he gave her a small tired smile and shrugged. "About as good as y' can imagine. But it's ok, Rahne. I'm managin' ok." He waited till she sat on the sofa and took a spot beside her. "An' y'? Y' look like shit, petite."

Rahne: Rahne scratched at her arm, she hoped she hadn't caught anything from the barbwire, but she didn't want to go see any of the medical people any time soon, yeah ... that'd go down really well. "Yeah well ... that's what happens I guess. Big ol' scary world out there eh? You look well though," she ran a hand through her now much shorter hair, "I ... um ... Kyle told me about ... you know ..."

Remy: "Yeah." His voice was low. "Was a bit of a shock for everyone. An' we've had a month for it t' settle in. So bit on d' rough for y' right now, neh?" He smoothed a hand over her shoulder. "Y're all cut up. What have y' been doin'?"

Rahne: Rahne flinched a little as he touched her shoulder, "Uh ... sorry, still a wee bit raw ..." she reached up and patted her cheek where the scrapes were still visable through her thin fur, "Just getting into trouble, everyone knows I get into trouble when I'm left to my own devices," she said a little bitterly.

Rahne: She shuddered a little as she thought back to the looks in those people had in thier eyes and the smell of the gasoline and the sickening crack of the dog dying ...

Remy: He made a face. "Hmm. Well, if dat's d' way y' feel, maybe y' should stick around us a little more. We worried about y' when y' jus' left, petite. Talia kept y're dress..." And that was another sensitive topic in more ways than one. "Y' know y' have us, oui?"

Rahne: "Mmm ... well that's why I'm back, and ... I'm really sorry I wasn't here for you ... I know you're probably sick of hearing it though ..." she trailed off as he mentioned the dress.

Rahne: "Oh ... oh good, it's just the weather for a bonfire, eh?" Going back to that bitter, angry tone.

Remy: "It's alright, petite. Ain't much dat anyone can do at any road." He gave her a questioning look at the anger in her voice and face. "Wellll...no. I think it's weather t' stay in frankly." He gave her a poke. "Y' gonna tell me what's up?"

Rahne: "What do you think? By now I should-" she stopped and her shoulders slumped and she sighed, "I'm sorry ... I shouldn't be like this, I'm still ... raw I guess ..."

Remy: "Yeah. I'm sorry dat d' cards fell dat way for y'. Y' didn't deserve it." He pulled his fingers through the fringe of her hair that lay high up on her neck. "Ain't any shame in bein' pissed off, Rahne."

Rahne: Part of her wanted to shake him off, but the other part craved the friendly contact, "Yeah but ... you don't wanna be hearing me piss and bitch do you," she scratched a little at the wristbands, she'd forgotten just how much people wanted to talk here.

Rahne: "I ain't ashamed it's just ... yeah. Don't seem respectful I guess ... I still ... still can't ..." She trailed off, wringing her hands.

Remy: He shook his head. "Y' know me petite. I like t' focus on things dat ain't my problem. Eases things a bit in dere own way." He made a face. "Y'...y' know he was here, oui?"
Rahne: She nodded, "Once smelt never forgotten," she shrugged, closing in again, "I don't want to know anything, don't tell me. I couldn't care less about Creed."

Remy: "Je comprends." He gave her a small sad smile. "Y' gonna be ok? Dere somethin' y' need?" He felt bad for her, but knew it was a mix for both of them. He'd lost a wife, but it wasn't through a choice. They'd been torn from each other. Rahne'd lost her husband cause he'd walked out on her. She had the anger of betrayal to deal with as well as the pain.

Rahne: "I'll be fine now I've got people to babysit me now eh? Stop all the angry mobs from lynching me-" she stopped and winced. She hadn't meant to say that.

Remy: "D' what?" He looked her over with greater concern. "Dis why y're hurt? Y' had people chasin' y'?"

Rahne: Rahne moved away, hiding her face from him, "Just ... forget I said anything, it's not important. Happens all the time these days doesn't it?" She said as blasely as she could.

Remy: "Rahne..." He started inspecting her more carefully, putting a finger under her chin to tip her so he could look at the scrapes on her face better. "Gettin' attacked ain't nothin' t' jus' brush off. Don' be stupid."

Rahne: Rahne pulled her head away, "I'm fine," she said more firmly, "I heal from physical shit fine remember, and I've been out there, this is happening alot. At least they didn't have time to set the gas on fire, I'm one of the lucky ones."

Remy: He frowned, curling his fingers up. "Knew things were bad. Didn't know dey were dat bad. Guess I've got used t' my new life." He had a tightening of worry in his chest for his son. "So, what now den? Y' came back just t' be safe?"

Rahne: She nodded, "Yeah ... with the whole registration too ... I didn't wanna get deported or nothing as well." She said defensivly, but she unfolded her arms as well.

Remy: "Yeah, I can understand dat. But...at d' risk of soundin' self absorbed, what about us, petite? I know y' got done over, but we didn't do dat t' y'."

Rahne: "At the risk of sounding like a whiny brat, none of you cared when Vic left me." Rahne snapped out.

Remy: He frowned. "I beg y're pardon? How would y' know anythin' about dat? Y' didn't even stay Rahne. We didn't even know where y' were. For a while dere we thought y' two had left together - at least me an' Talia did." It was still hard to say her name, but it couldn't be helped.

Rahne: "I told people, I said the wedding was off!" She scratched at her hand, "And no one noticed, no one wanted to check on me, no one cared. And in that room, by myself ... had to go ..." she twitched slightly.

Remy: He gave her an incredulous look. "Y' did not tell me!" He folded his arms up. "Y' damn well know I care about y' Rahne."

Rahne: Rahne stopped scratching and moved her hand up to her forehead, rubbing it, "I know!" She sighed and sat back, moving away from Remy again, "I know ..." she said, quieter. "I'm sorry ... guess I'm still ..." she grimanced slightly, "a little messed up by it all ..."

Rahne: Laaaaame excuse ...

Remy: He gave her a knowing look. "Messed up...so y' still doin' d' coke den?" She looked thin and fidgety. It made his mouth tighten with worry and frusteration.

Rahne: Rahne's head shot up and gave him a startled look, she considered lying but ... "H-How'd you know about that?"

Remy: "Vic told me he got y' started, an' it doesn't take much detective work t' think y're still on it, petite. Grew up on d' streets, oui? Saw enough of it. Ain't just d' little scrapes y' got on y' dat makes y' look so..." He made a face and shrugged.

Remy: "D' point is, he told me y' wouldn't get hooked, he'd keep y' safe from dat. Seems like dat's not really d' case now. So...what's d' plan dere?"

Rahne: "I ain't hooked or nothing, I just like to have fun. You really think I'm stupid enough ... wait? What? He told you?" She sat back up again and almost spat, "Bastard, I really was a fucking pet to him wasn't I? No wonder he left me." She started scratching at her wrist again.

Remy: He sighed and took her hand that was scratching, remembering well how she'd picked herself bare in the days after they'd rescued her. "Petite...I know y're mad, an' y' have a right t' be, but he didn't think dat way about y'. He may be a dumbass in many ways, but he did love y' true. He jus' is fucked up. Too many of us here are, neh?"

Rahne: "If he loved me why'd he leave me? What did I do?" She pulled her hand away from him as his fingers crept up to the wristband, "Please don't! Just ... don't." She rubbed her wrist and looked away. "Look ... I ain't doing any good here, I came here to ... to offer my condolances and I have. I should go." She went to stand up.

Remy: "Rahne..." He sighed and stood with her, giving her a long look. "I don' wanna lose anyone else I love. Alright?"

Rahne: She couldn't meet his eyes, just foulded her arms and looked away, "I ain't gonna try and top myself again if that's what you're worried about. He ain't worth that."

Remy: "Well, oui et non." He shrugged. "Y' gotta know what dey do t' y', cherie. Dey'll rot y' from d' inside out till y're jus' a shell of what y' were. Don' want dat either."

Rahne: "I know what they do, I'm not stupid, I'm just ... using them to help okay, I'll be fine. I know I wasn't here for it but I'm 22 now okay. I can look after myself. I don't need anyone to 'keep my safe from all that'." She said briskly.

Remy: He gave her a wry look but bit his tongue and leaned forward to give her a friendly kiss on the cheek. "Allright...alright. Y' jus' know where I am."

Rahne: Rahne jerked her head away from him, "No ... no kissing okay, and yeah ... still got my nose, give my best to Johnny and the cooking lady." She said over her shoulder, hunched up in her coat as she walked to the door into the chilly air.

Remy: Frowning, he watched her walk off, shutting the door only once he lost sight of her. There was only so much any one person could do for her though, and she had to want it. Right now, she didn't.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Oh my, reading this made me tear up. So very sad. But that only goes to show how fantastically this has been played. It looks like both Rahne and Remy have a lot of healing ahead of them.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

I got to agree with Star. The tense feeling of all the emotions in this was wonderful.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

trying to slowly catch up ><

this was really excellently done yall. very believable. I want to squeeze them both until they feel better. :(

And I remember all the bitter anger and hate I had...still have... whatever. :P you're doing excellent at portraying that pup.

[Edited on 8/27/2008 by Esynthia]
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Oh yeah... I did read this and didn't comment. Quite sad for them, and unsettling.