8/11 Instance: The Scarlett Letter

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline current

Sam: He'd ruthlessly cleaned his room, seeming as his concentration was shot as far as homework. He'd accidently ripped his bedsheet, tugging it on, which had pissed him off enough that he'd stitched it up and stuck himself in the process, getting blood on said sheet. So then he'd cleaned the damn thing and held it over the vent to dry it, and now...his room was clean. Which left him not much to do but pace a bit or sit, cause he knew damn well he wasn't going out of the room.

Rogue: Rogue sat in the hall outside his room, her knees drawn up to her chest and her arms wrapped protectively around herself. She'd been out here for maybe half an hour, give or take, she just couldn't bring herself to knock. For a small bit, she wasn't sure if he was in there until she heard some shuffling and muttered curses. Rogue rested her forehead on her knees as she tried to steel her resolve so she could knock on the door.

Rogue: Finally, she reached out without getting up and rapped on the lower part of his door lightly, swallowing hard as she withdrew her hand, not expecting him to come to the door. Hell, she wouldn't.

Sam: He nearly jumped outta his skin at the tap on the door. And that left him even more uncertain, and a little mad and a lot hurt all over again, adrenaline mixing in the pit of his stomach to make him feel sick. Damnit, he wasn't even sure where things stood. He could wonder if it was maybe someone else just stopping in, but he knew in his heart who it must be.

Sam: Giving his pillow an unneccessary and vicious fluff he strode to the door and opened it. "Yeah?" She'd been crying, he could tell, and he was shocked to find out his first reaction to that had been 'good'. Damn, when had he gotten so vicious and uncaring about people. He didn't like himself like this.

Rogue: Rogue swallowed past the lump in her throat and she pushed herself up along the wall, stepping to stand in front of him, doing her best to school her expression, cursing herself mentally for not giving her eyes time to go back to normal. And now she wasn't sure if she should have come. "Hi." She felt kind of lame that 'hi' was all she could muster up.

Sam: He looked around and sighed. They couldn't very well talk like this in the hall. It'd be crass. "Come on in." He took the chair at his desk, looking down at the papers on them and straightening them even though they didn't need straightening. He just had no idea what to say. Just...damn.

Rogue: Rogue followed him in and shut the door with a near silent click behind her as she kept her back pressed firm against it. She almost wanted to laugh with the irony of her position... She'd stabbed him in the back and now she was trying to protect herself from a blow from him. "Thanks." Shit, how do you even start? She still couldn't look up at him. Not the best way to begin, she imagined.

Sam: Finally the silence just drug on too long and he ran his hands through his hair, tugging on it. He'd have to get it cut tommorrow. "So...why?" His voice sounded raspy and he cleared it. "Ah mean...Ah thought we were happy. Ah knew that y'all had somethin' together at one time, but Ah thought that was done and past." A bit of a damn released in him. "Damnit! You told me Ah didn't have anythin' to worry about! That Ah could trust you!" He shook his head. "Ah don't know what's up and down right now."

Rogue: Rogue flinched at his yelling, but straightened her back, keeping her arms stiff by her sides as she let him do it. She deserved worse and was expecting to get it soon. She didn't even know how to begin to explain to him why... For one, she didn't think he'd understand. For two, it wouldn't make it right. She bit hard into her lip as another flash of irony hit her. She'd lived up to her name in more ways than one now... Could never trust a rogue.

Rogue: She licked at the spot she'd been biting and took a breath as she forced herself to look at him - well, more accurately, just past his shoulder. "Nothin' Ah say'll make it better or make it go away," she replied softly, that being the only straight answer she could come up with.

Sam: "So, what? You ain't gonna give me any answers at all then?" He shook his head again. "Ah don't understand. Was it all the stuff the other night? What Ah said?" He couldn't even say it now.

Rogue: "No," Rogue's voice was even and slightly closer to it's normal volume. She wanted him to realize that wasn't why. Rogue risked taking a small step into the room. "Ya wouldn't understand it if Ah told ya why Ah thought it happened... Nor would it make doin' it right." She swallowed hard as she watched him, feeling like she could just disappear off of the face of the earth and that'd be ok with her.

Sam: "Well try me, cause Ah doubt it could get much worse." He gave her a wounded look. The evasions weren't helping.

Rogue: Rogue took a slow breath. "Ta tell ya true, Re-" she stopped herself from letting his usual nick name roll off her tongue in case he didn't want her around long and just hadn't mentioned it yet, "Sam... There's a bunch of reasons... Ah missed tha old days. Ah'm scared. Ah ain't used ta this. Things got a bit outta hand. Ah was drunk." She winced at the last one, but stood firm all the same. "An' that's without elaboration."

Sam: "The old days? When you had him you mean." He set back in his chair. "This why he left that girl of his?" He was jumping from conclusion to conclusion quicker than a wink.

Rogue: "What?" Rogue finally looked at his face, utterly confused as to how he drew that conclusion. "Ah never really had him... We were just... When one of us needed ta be held, tha other was there... But there weren't any strings attached." Oh shit, that sounded awful. If she had any hope of him not taking that the wrong way, her best bet would be to not smack herself in the face.

Sam: His lips tightened and the anger went suddenly, just when he needed it the most. "Oh. Ah see."

Rogue: Aaannd there he went taking it how it sounded. How she'd made it out to sound. She winced, "Sam, that's not what Ah meant..." Shit. How do you explain something when you don't even know the answer yourself? "Ah missed him, Sam... An' because of that, Ah missed what we had. Also thought he still hated me beyond belief... But it doesn't mean that Ah'm happy with mahself f' what happened..."

Sam: He squirmed in the seat a bit, and glanced at her briefly. "Ah get that you're not happy." She had come to see him, and had been remorseful. Still, dang. "But...what do you think of this? Ah know that morals are a bit...looser here. Ah don't mean to make that sound rude, but..." He just left it at that.

Rogue: "But it's still wrong," she finished for him. Rogue took another step in, "An'... Ah want ya ta know, just 'cause Ah ain't happy with mahself or tha situation Ah've put us in... Ah've been happier with y'all than Ah've been in a long time."

Sam: That set him back off center. He frowned in confusion. "What? Ah don't know if you missed this part, but Ah'm pretty dang mad."

Rogue: "Ah know that. Which is why Ah'm tellin' ya." Her hands slipped to the front of her and slowly starting wringing each other. "Wanna tell ya now... 'Fore we ain't..." Damn, she couldn't even stomach thinking about it. "Us," she managed then cleared her throat. "Ah want ya ta be mad at me. Ah'd be more upset if ya weren't, Ah think..." She closed her eyes and brought a hand up to rub at her eyes.

Sam: He tried to follow what she was saying. He really did. But she had totally lost him there. "What are you goin' on about?"

Rogue: Rogue frowned behind her hand, "What do ya mean, what am ah goin' on 'bout? Figured it'd be nice f' ya ta know, despite what Ah did, Ah was happy with y'all." Damnit, why did she have to keep going back to that? If she didn't know any better, she'd say he was wanting to hear it again.

Sam: "Ok. Ah got that line...but everythin' followin' that, don't make any sense. Why do you want me angry at you? And what are you goin' on about with tellin' me now?" He felt really uncomfortable. "You leavin' with him then?"

Rogue: Rogue looked up, startled, "No! No, Ah ain't leavin' with him." She frowned. "Wait... ya ain't..." Ok, now she felt like an idiot. Rogue turned around to pace a bit, frowning as she found herself nearly face to face with the door and turned back around. "Ah want ya angry at me 'cause Ah'm angry at me..."

Sam: "So Ah'm supposed to be your punishment?" He frowned at her. "What do you want Rogue? Ah'm not quite sure. Ah thought things were goin' good for us..." He looked away, and refrained from hitting the desk.

Rogue: "No, that ain't what Ah meant..." Rogue winced when he didn't use her name. She started to take another step towards him, but decided against it and moved back to where she was. "They were... An' Ah don't think it matters what Ah want... Ah ain't tha one who's been betrayed." She chewed her lip, "What do y'all want?"

Sam: "It matters. It makes a helluva lot of difference, don't you think? Ah wasn't the one who wanted someone else. Ah wasn't the one who was bored. Ah didn't want anyone else." Ok he had to stop now, cause he was getting entirely too emotional, though he hid it well. Well, damn, what was a guy to do? The Guthries were made of stern stuff though. He'd do.

Rogue: Rogue shook her head, "No," her voice was calm and even despite how she felt on the inside. "No. Ya wrong. Ah don't want someone else. Ah ain't bored." She stopped for a moment as she tried to collect herself as the telltale burn started in her eyes and nose again. Rogue turned away from him so he wouldn't see her face, just in case. "Ah l-..." Her chest tightened and she clamped her jaw shut.

Sam: He tossed his hands up. "Then what do you think this was girl? Ah mean, other's may not count it, but this to me is cheatin'. Ah mean, it ain't as bad as if you slept with him or somethin'...but to know that a part of you could feel for him what you feel for me...Ah dunno. Maybe our ways of thinkin' are just different."

Rogue: "Ya right. It is cheatin'. Ah count it. Otherwise Ah wouldn'ta told ya, wouldn'ta had a reason ta if Ah didn't think it was." Her hands fisted at her side as she practically stared a hole through his wall. "Ah don't feel tha same way 'bout him..." Shit. She brought one hand up to rub over her face, pausing to look at her bracelet before letting it fall back to her side.

Sam: Looking at the floor, he shrugged. "Ok. So...what do we do? How do Ah know you won't be kissin' Bobby or Remy or any of the other guys around here?"

Rogue: "Ya don't. Ya don't know. 'Cause mah word ain't good enough anymore." Rogue turned to face him with a resigned calm. "An' Ah'll do anythin' ya need me to ta make it up ta ya an' earn ya trust back. If ya willin' ta let me try," she finished quietly.

Sam: They were silent for a long while. Finally he looked up at her. "Ah have to be honest. If you ever do that again...Ah won't be around. But...as Ah said, it ain't as bad as things could be." He nodded firmly. "Ah accept your apology."

Rogue: Rogue risked a very small smile at his words, "Yeah?" She swallowed a bit, and met his eyes, "If ya ever change ya mind... Feel like it ain't a good idea... Ah'd accept it." Saying she would be ok with it would be a lie. "'Cause Ah don't deserve ya. Not after that." She wanted to go to him. Wrap her arms around his neck and curl up in his lap, but she stayed firmly rooted to her spot, not sure how to continue.

Sam: "Marie, Ah said Ah accepted it. Ah'm not gonna change mah mind. Ah wouldn't have accepted it unless Ah was sure." He picked at an invisible spot on his jeans. "Ah guess Ah'm wonderin' if Ah'm up to what these guys got. Ah mean, they're more confident, and they got more know how. But then Ah've been watchin' more and more. And you know the real big difference? Just a few years. And Ah figure Ah'll have that soon enough, hey?"

Rogue: Rogue let out a small laugh of relief as her real name spilled from his mouth. She chewed on her lip some more as she decided to take to slow, careful steps to him. "Ah don't care 'bout what they got that y'all don't. Ah love ya just tha way that ya are, Sam..." Her eyes went a bit wide at what she said. Well, fuck. That had not meant to come out like that... She quickly schooled her expression, inwardly wondering if he would notice.

Sam: "Yeah, well that's a good thing, cause Ah don't think Ah'll ever be quite as different as some of the people here are. Not that Ah think they should be like me. Just...you know." He looked up and gave her a small smile. "You gonna come here or you gonna just keep takin' small steps like a bird after somethin' and hopin' the cat won't notice?"

Rogue: Rogue flushed and gave him a smile back, glad he hadn't picked up on it and ecstatic that he wanted her to go to him. She rocked on her heels for a moment and glanced around the room in mock-innocence. "Somethin'?" Her eyes flit around quickly, never settling on anything so as to 'distract' the 'cat'. "Ah don't see anythin'..."

Sam: He let out a small laugh. "Oh what am Ah gonna do with you?" Standing, he walked over to her, noting as she tensed slightly, wrapping her in a hug anyways. "Ah can honestly say Ah've never wanted to hit a woman, but by God Ah wanted to spank the hell outta you today."

Rogue: "Ah've got a list of things, but Ah left it in mah other pants," she answered quietly as she buried her face in his shoulder and breathed in the smell of him. "An' Ah wouldn't be adverse ta a spankin'," she grinned and slowly slid her arms under his to press her gloved palms flat between his shoulderblades, holding him as close as she could. "Ah promise, whether ya believe me or not, it won't happen again, Rebel..."

Sam: "Ah do. Just...talk to me alright? Keep talkin'. If there's somthin' you aren't happy with or things, then tell me." He tucked her neatly under his chin and stood there, letting the ache ease out of his heart.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
wingyding
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Dusty Bits

Post by wingyding »

:bawl
Sad and sweet and cute. D'awww, yay!
Neither Love nor Evil conquers all, but Evil cheats more.
Important Lessons Learned from the X-Men: Never give indestructible metal claws to something that doesn't die when you shoot it in the head.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmake up sex!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Haven't had time to keep up with the soaps around here, but this was wonderful!

Herewith some of Elfie's favourite lines:

Sam: Giving his pillow an unneccessary and vicious fluff

She'd been crying, he could tell, and he was shocked to find out his first reaction to that had been 'good'. ... He didn't like himself like this.

Rogue: She felt kind of lame that 'hi' was all she could muster up.

Rogue: "Ta tell ya true, Re-" she stopped herself from letting his usual nick name roll off her tongue in case he didn't want her around long and just hadn't mentioned it yet

Sam: He was jumping from conclusion to conclusion quicker than a wink.

Rogue: If she had any hope of him not taking that the wrong way, her best bet would be to not smack herself in the face.

Sam: His lips tightened and the anger went suddenly, just when he needed it the most.

Rogue: How do you explain something when you don't even know the answer yourself?

Sam: Still, dang. "But...what do you think of this? Ah know that
morals are a bit...looser here. Ah don't mean to make that sound rude, but..."

Rogue: "Ah've been happier with y'all than Ah've been in a long time."

Sam: That set him back off center. He frowned in confusion. "What? Ah don't know if you missed this part, but Ah'm pretty dang mad."

Rogue: "Ah know that. Which is why Ah'm tellin' ya." Her hands slipped to the front of her and slowly starting wringing each other. "Wanna tell ya now... 'Fore we ain't..." Damn, she couldn't even stomach thinking about it. "Us," she managed then cleared her throat. "Ah want ya ta be mad at me. Ah'd be more upset if ya weren't, Ah think..." She closed her eyes and brought a hand up to rub at her eyes.

Sam: He tried to follow what she was saying. He really did. But she had totally lost him there. "What are you goin' on about?"

Rogue: "Ah want ya angry at me 'cause Ah'm angry at me..."

Sam: "So Ah'm supposed to be your punishment?" He refrained from hitting the desk.

Sam: The Guthries were made of stern stuff though. He'd do.

Rogue: the telltale burn started in her eyes and nose again. Rogue turned away from him so he wouldn't see her face, just in case. "Ah l-..." Her chest tightened and she clamped her jaw shut.

she practically stared a hole through his wall.

"If ya ever change ya mind... Feel like it ain't a good idea... Ah'd accept it." Saying she would be ok with it would be a lie. "

Rogue let out a small laugh of relief as her real name spilled from his mouth.

"Ah don't care 'bout what they got that y'all don't. Ah love ya just tha way that ya are, Sam..." Her eyes went a bit wide at what she said. That had not meant to come out like that.

Sam: "You gonna come here or you gonna just keep takin' small steps like a bird after somethin' and hopin' the cat won't notice?"

Rogue: "Ah've got a list of things, but Ah left it in mah other pants," she answered quietly as she buried her face in his shoulder and breathed in the smell of him. "An' Ah wouldn't be adverse ta a spankin'," she grinned and slowly slid her arms under his to press her gloved palms flat between his shoulderblades, holding him as close as she could. "Ah promise, whether ya believe me or not, it won't happen again, Rebel..."

Sam: "Ah do. Just...talk to me alright? Keep talkin'. If there's somthin' you aren't happy with or things, then tell me." He tucked her neatly under his chin and stood there, letting the ache ease out of his heart.
Man, that was some gooooooood stuff, y'all. Good stuff. I think the whole Sam/Rogue thing needs to be written as a short story and put up at fanfiction.net. Really. :worship
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."