08/17 Instance: Assisted Suicide

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

08/17 Instance: Assisted Suicide

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Moon: Moon and Selene walked out onto the roof and together, looked down at the lawn. "So you actually want me to swan dive off of this thing? Like I'm going into a pool?" She looked back to Selene. "I mean, I've jumped down four stories in the mall, but..."

Selene: "It was your idea that we should conduct some experiments with your powers, after all," Selene replied, stepping forth to stand at the ledge and look down at the lawn. "My role is merely that of an assistant, and to provide you with questionable suggestions and bad ideas. It's your decision whether you would actually want to go through with this."

Moon: Moon shrugged. "It's not like it's gonna kill me right?" She peeked over the treacherous ledge of the roof again. "Okay... I'm gonna go for it." She ran forward and vaulted herself off he ledge. Spreading her arms wide she flew in the air for just a few moments and then felt the wind hit her as she began to soar down to the ground.

Selene: "You are the one that should know this," Selene replied, but Moon was already in the air as she said that. Selene's gaze followed the other girl on her way to the ground and watched her smack head-first onto the lawn. "Fascinating," she commented, a little surprised that Moon had actually done this. "Are you still alive? Well, still not dead, I mean."

Moon: Moon blinked.... "I think so." She said. Cracking her neck back together she pushed herself up. The gash in her head began to knit itself back together. Looking up to Selene she waved. "You got the ability to float down here?...." she asked.

Selene: "Yes, I do. No need to head back inside and take the stairs." The height wasn't too great for a jump, but Selene figured that she could use the practise. She carefully used her telekinesis to float down to where Moon stood. "You know, this makes me wonder who of us is more crazy. Me, for suggesting this, or you, for actually doing as I've said."

Moon: "I'd have to settle with equally so." Moon stood up and popped her knee cap back in place. "Okay, so I'm thinking of something really cool now... ever seen Scream?"

Selene: "Yes. Rae made me watch it," Selene replied, grabbing Moon's arm to help her back up to her feet. She frowned a little. "What exactly do you have in mind?"

Moon: "Well, Rae tried to make me watch it too. After all the crappy Jason movies too." She frowned at the idea of it. "Remember the garage scene?" She used her thumb to direct Selene's gaze to the mansion's garage. "I thinks I gots an idea."

Selene: Selene glanced sideways as she tried to re-imagine said scene in her mind. "Yes, I think I do. But I'm not exactly sure what you would want to do. Or what my role in this would be."

Moon: "Well,...." they walked over to the garage and Moon looked around for some rope. Finding some she tied a noose and put it around her neck. "Okay, I need you to die it to that part there,..." She pointed to one of the rafters in the ceiling, "but make it slide through the garage door in a way that I'll be pulled with it. Like a printer or roll of paper towels in a machine? Then you gotta hit the switch." She pointed to it on the wall.

Moon: "Oh, and watch the craziness."

Selene: Selene took the other end of the rope and looked between Moon and the garage door. "I'm not entirely sure what will be the point of this," she commented as she tied the rope the way Moon had wanted her to. "Wouldn't it be easier if I just strangled you? Or snapped your neck?"

Selene: She pulled on the rope to make sure it was securely tied. Hitting the switch, she watched how the mechanism started tightening the rope. "I'm not sure if anyone would mind if I killed you here, but I'm pretty sure someone will mind if I break this door."

Moon: "Yeah, but not half as cool as this. By the way, if I actually die, you just assisted suicide." Moon winked at Selene.

Moon: Suddenly the pull on the rope tightened. Moon didn't breathe at all, ever, so she didn't lose her breath or start frantically grabbing at the rope. However, her vocal cord and anything else in her neck began to break as her body was pulled into the door as it went up."Gaakk...." she was able to hack out. She gave a thumbs up regardless to let Selene know not to stop. As she went up he door began to clank loudly and she felt her head get closer to the part where it would begin to suck.

Selene: A load crack of breaking bones could be heard as Moon's head was pressed against the metal frame at the top of the garage. She hit the off switch as soon as the door mechanism started to make pained sounds. Selene headed over to stand beneath Moon, curiously glancing up at her. Even though she couldn't talk in that position, she was obviously still alive.

Selene: "Give me a sign when you get bored and I should let you down again," Selene said, still looking up.

Moon: Moon gave Selene a thumbs up again and muffled choking, a mild attempt at giggling, could be heard between the metal frame and door.

Selene: Selene stepped over to where she had the rope tied and loosened the knot, sending Moon plummeting to the concrete floor. "So much for this approach," she said, pulling the rope out of the mechanism. "I wonder, would you even want to die, provided there's a way that would work? Not that I'm not having my fun here."

Moon: "The idea has occurred to me." Moon said, rubbing the back of her head as it pieced itself back together. "I mean, I love being 'alive', but honestly, I was supposed to be dead. And I'll continue to do so and eventually some day... I'll be all alone. And that idea scares me more than anything. It'll be nothing but me and the voices."

Selene: Selene frowned at Moon and tilted her head sideways, watching her silently for a few seconds. "What makes you think that you'll be all alone some day? There will always be people around. Humans are hardy. In fact, they're much like a cancer, it seems. You just can't get rid of them for good. It's just that there are both malign and benign ones."

Moon: Moon frowned. "Everything ends. I'm sure at some point even I will, but until then, I'm gonna out live everybody. All my friends, all the people who matter. I'll be stuck on a dead planet filled with dead people. This is why i want to go to space. No voices in space."

Selene: "Sounds like a boring place to be," Selene found. "And if I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about these things. Sure, people die. Most things that are alive die at some point." She smirked slightly. "But that's the point. Most of them. Not all. I'm pretty sure there are some people that are just destined to stick around with you."

Moon: Moon smiled, a little. "I hope you're right. Eternity is a long time to spend by yourself. Besides, space may be boring at first, but I'd love to just float around the universe, get sucked up into stuff, see things no satellite even took a picture of... so cool."

Selene: "Well, it would still be better if you had something to get around in. Otherwise, you'd fall into some star or onto a boring, dead planet and get stuck there. If anything could kill you, I guess it would be the boredom that came thereafter." Selene shrugged. "Besides, what tells you that death would be any more entertaining?"

Selene: "Perhaps you'd just trade this potentially eternal existence for a similarly eternal afterlife that happens to be just as boring. Sounds like a risky business to me."

Moon: Moon shrugged. "My goal is to get sucked into a black hole. If I get obliterated, awesome. If I pop out in an alternate universe, maybe I can be like a Goddess or something..."

Selene: "Hm, sounds intriguing. Judging by what I learned from physics class, you might be one of the few people who could ever find out what really lies within a black hole. A gateway to other dimensions, perhaps." She shrugged. "Or nothing but a dark prison." This didn't seem like a reasonable undertaking. Perhaps that was why it appealed to Selene.

Selene: "On the other hand, why not aim to be a goddess in this world," she asked with a slight smirk.

Moon: "Psh, I like the idea, but no one 'round here would worship me. Look at me!" She held her hands up in a presenting manner. "I don't exactly hit the mall that frequently, imagine if I were to start up a church. Man...That'd be freaky. It'd be like a cult...thing?"

Selene: Selene held up her hands in a wide gesture. "Why not? Just see what people believe in. All those countless religions, cults, and sects. I have the impression most of them would believe in anything as long as you give them something they can dedicate their lives to. Something that adds some sense to their otherwise meaningless existence."

Selene: She chuckled. "And unlike every other guru out there, we actually do have some abilities to impress them with."

Moon: Moon grinned back. "We could totally start... The Church Of Shadows!" She giggled as she thought about Selene and her running a church. "Man... we'd have a pretty messed up congregation... But I bet Rob Zombie would join!" She said excitedly.

Moon: "Man, I could perform miracles by rising back to life, you could doooo... whatever it is you do, and we can totally swindle out some sweet moneys!"

Selene: "Absolutely." Selene gave a nod. "I have already been wondering about taking up a job to earn some money of my own. I have to say, this almost sounds like a promising idea. When a science fiction author can convince all the rich and famous to give him so much money, imagine what we could accomplish."

Selene: "The only thing that could complicate matters, though," she continued with a frown, "is peoples recent tendency to go after our kind with torches and pitchforks. Something tells me that they wouldn't really tolerate a mutant run church."

Moon: "Who says they gotta know we're mutants?" Moon smirked. "I mean c'mon, people believe in crazier stuff in the south, all that snake dancing and "Christ-healing-touch". Tell some people we're the apocalypse coming, and they might just buy it enough to throw some change our way."

Moon: "Wow... scheming with you is so much fun!"

Selene: "Yes, I have to admit that I find you very inspiring, as well," Selene replied with a small smile. "In any case, tricking people out of their money is probably much easier than what most would call honest work. A lot more entertaining, as well. And so far, I haven't made many negative experiences with that method of getting through life."

Moon: "Well, we should look into it then..." Moon said winking. "We can really muck up the scene... maybe even, after we've gotten what we can out of it, put our "donations" towards an actual mutant church!

Moon: Mutants can go and not get that, 'what's he doing talkin' to our Jesus' look!"

Selene: Selene tapped a finger against her lips. "I have to admit that I find the idea of a mutant messiah quite intriguing, even though it would mean taking advantage of the same ignorance and gullibility that I despise so much. Still, this warrants some thought."

Selene: She took a breath and let her arms drop to the side, looking at Moon. "Anyway, would you want to continue with the experiments. I could break some of your bones or hack away at you with a knife, if you'd like that."

Moon: Moon looked down at where the wall of the garage where Scott and anyone else who did yard work kept the saws, axes, and ect.

Moon: Taking up the axe she handed it to Selene, "Viva la Revolution?"

[Edited on 17-8-08 by Starfish]
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen