08/17 Instance: Jacqueline Falsworth and the Quest for the H

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

08/17 Instance: Jacqueline Falsworth and the Quest for the H

Post by littlebamf »

current

SinJin: "Ah, Vito's, we meet again!" He made expansive gestures and bowed slightly to the long-suffering barman.

Jason: "Please tell me you aren't about to go all Cheers on the place." Once that was out of his mouth, Jason had this sudden fear that Ginny would start to sing the themesong. He hoped that perhaps Ginny had never gotten suckered into boredom and insomnia inducing late night television watching.

SinJin: "Cheers? No."

Jac: Propping her arms on the bar, Jac made a slight face at the sullen looking man who simply stared back. "So. Like. You have no English cider? Like...none? Do you have anything that ain't pisswater American beer cause shit, sorry, it fucking sucks arse...."

Jac: She scratched her head and groaned. "Give us a vodka red bull then mate..."

Jason: Jason could have sworn he heard a familiar voice and turned to start looking through the small crowd. "Is it me or do you hear the dulcet tones of a pint-size English girl?"

SinJin: "Oh good, thought it was just me." He sauntered over to her. "One of these days that mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble, you know. 'Please' and 'thank you' sounds so much better," he teased, straddling the stool next to her.

Jac: "Hah. Has done. Life's too short to care though," she shrugged and took her drink, pushing the money over the bar and took a swig. "Everyone's got different tastes so if I want to say American beer sucks, I can. I'm not American so not like I'm being anti-patriotic. Then again I hate all beer. Prefer cider."

Jac: She blinked a bit. "When did you two show your faces anyway?"

Jason: "You never know when I'm lurking around. I'm quite stealthy." Jason kept his face eve as he took a stool for himself. "And I'm pretty sure most of my countrymen realize most of our beer is trash so say it all you like. I don't think it will make any cider appear though."

SinJin: "You should try Foster's. Talk about piss." He made a face and ordered a seabreeze.

Jac: "Fosters is sheep piss in a shitty blue can," Jac snorted. "They force it at us at home. It's cheap so it's what most kids buy." She almost slipped a little on her stool, then ducked her head as a doorman walked past.

Jason: Jason made a face but managed to supress the shudder. "I worry for their tastebuds. Should be evidence for a class action suit."

SinJin: "I agree." He sucked down some of his drink happily.

Jac: "So what are you drinking?" she asked, squinting at Ginny's glass, then fixed her stare behind the bar as if it would make a bottle of cider appear.

Jason: Jason watched as Jac stared at the selection of bottles and, working on hiding his smirk, tried to remember just what a common bottle of cider actually looked like before sneaking one in.

Jac: Blinking, she was sure she saw a bottle amongst the crappy girly drinks. Leaning forward, she almost overbalanced over the bar head first and had to grab a shelf under the bar to stop herself from falling, her legs stuck in the air. "Oooh shit!"

SinJin: "I'm drinking a seabreeze. Grapefruit juice, and cranberry juice, and what appears to be a hint of lemon-flavoured vodka. - you all right?"

Jason: "I think she's having a fit." Jason gave Ginny a quick wink over a flailing Jac. Whatever she did for revenge was going to probably still make this worth it.

Jac: "Fit? Fit? I'm bloody about to crack my head open on the floor here and it's well rank this side of the bar! Get me up!" Jac tried to kick her legs backwards to get vaguely upright again. Jason was bloody going to pay for that..

SinJin: He grabbed the back of her jeans and hauled her back, taking extra care to not at all touch any portion of her anatomy that might earn him a smack. He plopped her down on the stool and gave Jason a wink over her head.

Jason: "Alright there then?" No smirking, no smirking. Damned wink. Jason felt his anti-smirking reserve waver.

Jac: Growling a little, Jac said nothing but pounced off her stool and crashed into Jason, pushing him backwards to the floor and pinned him down. "You are such a bloody git."

Jason: "Son of a-" Jason knew he probably shouldn't have been taken by surprise at having Jac peeved enough to tackle him off of his stool but he had lapsed for a moment. "A little help, Gin?"

SinJin: "Ooooh. Bar fight!" He watched happily - they were both nice looking aesthetically...too bad there wasn't jello or chocolate syrup...or nudity. "Oh! Er. Yes." He snapped out of his little fantasy and snagged Jac around the middle pulling her off. "Be nice and I'll buy you another drink."

Jac: "Oi! I'm extracting my revenge! And owed revenge! He’s got a habit for things like this!" she squirmed and kicked her legs out. "And you're a guy so buy me another drink anyway!"

Jason: Jason decided that the floor was safer while Jac's legs were still kicking out. Those things were dangerous. "Oh a cop car and an impression of your roommate. Surely I'm not alone in finding it funny?"

SinJin: "You are by entitled by the Shadow Proclamation to have your revenge, however, the bar is not an appropriate venue."

Jac: "Think it's appropriate as he made cider appear behind the bar!" she made a face, still struggling. "Lemme get it out of my system! I'll behave! Promise!"

SinJin: He couldn't help his slow smile that wasn't entirely innocent. "Later, Jac, now, we drink and chill."

Jason: Jason swallowed his comments about being sold up the river as he backed up enough to stand up. He didn't know what all was on the floor after all but it couldn't be all that clean or pleasant to sit in.

Jac: "Fine. So let go now yeah? I'll buy you a drink if you do. Well, after the one you get me anyways..." she waved her elbow slightly threateningly towards his ribs.

SinJin: "You don't like hugs?" He gave her a friendly squeeze before letting go. "So, what'll it be?"

SinJin: "And you, Jason? What am I buying for you?"

Jason: "I suppose I should get something strong enough that it'll knock out some of the feeling when she decides to let her feet fly at me." Jason approached warily.

Jac: Rolling her eyes, she shook Ginny off and pointed at the dregs in her glass. "Same again. Oh and a shot'd be good too," swivelling around to Jason, she gave a sly smile. "Ah, not going to kick you. Just...get my revenge in some other way."

Jason: "...well shit."

SinJin: He ordered another round, and watched the two eye ball each other.

Jac: "Well yeah! Not gonna toss you off your chair again cause I did that already," she winked, knocking back her shot.

Jason: Jason looked over Jac's head at Ginny, pleading look on his face. "Should I be as afraid as I am. I think I should." Right, a shot for courage. Drink up and try not to cough.

SinJin: He gave Jason a 'I-can't-help-you' apologetic look, and wondered how drunk he could get her without her suspecting so that she wouldn't remember to get Jason until they'd hatched a plan.

Jac: Picking up her drink, she sipped at it, wonder how many more drinks she could scrounge as she hadn't brought that much cash out, plus getting drunk was less than easy..."Nah. Be afraid as - well, if you're afraid of me then shit."

Jason: "Well, I'm just royally fucked, aren't I?" Jason wondered if perhaps cowering in his dorm room until Jac was distracted would be a good idea. She seemed the type to be easily distracted after all. Jason suddenly wished he had brought shiny things around.

SinJin: He took a swig of his drink, then made a face. "Bloody idiot gave me a fucking bay breeze. Oh well. It's still good."

Jac: "A what?" she peered at his glass. "Sounds kinda...lame. Hope it's better in content," she shrugged and drank her own drink. "Though I'm a fine one to talk on this crap."

Jason: Jason looked down at his own drink, having no idea what Ginny had actually ordered. "Oh well. I suppose it works in any case."

SinJin: "It's not lame, just unexpected." He shrugged. "You going drink up, Jason?"

Jac: "Well 'not lame' ain't an ingredient...What's in it? Then I can decide if it's lame or not."

SinJin: "Vodka, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice. Want to try?"

Jason: "Well, it's here anyway. I suppose I might as well." Jason shrugged and tipped the glass back, remembering that at one point before coming to this place, he would be avoiding such behavior.

Jac: "Ew, no, sounds like something my mother would drink," Jac shuddered a little as she watched Jason try it. "Pineapple is nasty anyways. Cranberry isn't great either."

SinJin: "Mmm. Pineapple isn't my favorite, but it'll do."

Jason: "Nothing quite like making do." Jason raised his half-empty glass jokingly.

Jac: Shrugging, Jac inspected the shots on offer. "Anyone want more shots?" she could stretch to shots at least...Shots were always good as well. Like a little blast going off.

SinJin: "Nah. I should stop with this drink - I'm the designated driver, I think."

SinJin: "Unless you're willing to do so."

Jac: "Wha, drive? I ran here mate and I'll run back," Jac gave him a smirk and waved her hand to attract the barman over. "Alright sunshine, three shots of jagermiester, please."

Jason: "I guess she wants us to totter home on our own then." Jason shrugged as the shots came over. "Or she intends to drink all three and run into the school's gate."

SinJin: "You can't run us back, right? that'd seriously hurt us."

Jac: "Nah, you're not....duracell? Durable enough to run at the speeds I do. Feel my skin!" she held her arm out suddenly, grabbing her shot with the other hand.

Jason: Jason snorted, turning to see this grope on demand in action. "Well, you might be a grand replacement for the duracell bunny, Jac. You'd have to put up with a number of jokes on that one though."

Jac: Jac raised her eyebrow and started to hump her stool enthusiastically. "Yeah like this right? Fuck that for a lark!" snickering she drank her shot and righted herself back on the stool.

Sinjin: He blinked. "You know, for all your protestations about sex and nudity in public that was pretty raunchy. I think you have some admirers." He nodded to a couple of guys at a table who were now eyeing her openly.

Jason: "Well, at least I hope they aren't admiring the stool. I think we would have to leave if this was a haven for barstool fanciers."

Jac: Jac rolled her eyes. "Christ I get enough of that back at school. Look, I'm taking the piss alright? And really don't mistake my 'protestations' - cause, screw it if you wanna do that then fine, personally not my deal, kay?"

Sinjin: He shook his head. A complete bulldog, she was. "Right. Let's drink, shall we? Hmm. You've all ready drunk yours. He downed his shot.

Jason: "So is that why you were sitting alone in here demanding cider? The lusty co-eds finally getting too much for you?" Jason covered up his desire to laugh with downing his shot.

Jac: "Um. Nah. I was sitting in here demanding cider cause I wanted cider," she glowered at Jason for that. "I can get here faster on my own, so came on my own. Not a crime is it?" she gave him a winning smile. "Anyways if you two hadn't turned up I'd have gone after that first drink."

Sinjin: "That would have been too bad."

Jason: "My, someone sounds a bit defensive, doesn't she? Never said it was a crime." Jason smirked back. "And aren't you glad we came to give you some company?"

Jac: "Well I'm being made to feel like it is with some things I do," rubbing the bridge of her nose she blinked as her vision went fuzzy for about five seconds, before clearing, then smiled at them both. "Yea, I am. Woulda asked other people but it was a spur of the moment thing, plus with running...Prolly left uni after you two did."

Sinjin: "Yeah - we've been out for a while. Jason is so much fun to go out with. We get to play with people's minds." He gave Jason an impish grin and idly twirled the shot glass in his fingers.

Jason: "I'm fun? Best be careful, you'll give me more of an ego than I already have." Despite the warning, Jason went right ahead and preened, sitting up a bit straighter and flicking his hair with an exaggerated air of arrogance.

Sinjin: "Oh, I could handle the ego for a chance to tap it." He leaned over Jac a bit to leer at him, barely hiding his smile.

Jac: Snorting, Jac put her hand over her mouth. "Blatant much?"

Jason: "Subtlty is not Ginny's strong suit." Jason's eyes rolled as he waved the bartender down for another round.

Sinjin: "Pffft!" He waved his hand. "Who has time for subtlety?" He winked.

Jac: Jac put her head on one side and regarded them. "People who don't want their head kicked in by shaven headed louts who have a pool cue always in hand? Like, there's being subtle then there's...ah never mind. I'll end up hypocritical..."

Sinjin: "We're drunk, and I'm just teasing. Besides, Vito's is good. They don't care what people get up to as long as they pay. Well - breaking things is probably frowned upon, but really - we're good here."

Jac: Jac gave a noise of frustration and banged her head on the bar a few times. "People take me too seriously...I thought you had English people here. You ain't got used to their humour yet or don’t they have any?"

Jason: "There, there, Jac. Don't hurt the bar. It's got to stay strong for all of those shaven headed louts with pool cues...Do you know how very tempted I am to image one up and see if I can't start a fight?" Jason drifted off as he considered the possibilities.

Sinjin: "That'd be funny. but we'd also get kicked out."

Sinjin: He thought for a moment. "We could do it outside."

Jac: "I thought they didn't care as long as you paid..." Jac shook her hair out of her eyes and poked her tongue at him.

Sinjin: He stuck his tongue out at her. "Fight means things get broken, usually."

Jason: "And I definitely don't have enough to cover damages." Jason couldn't help but smirk as he turned to Ginny. "Have a problem with getting kicked out of places?"

Sinjin: He smiled sweetly. "Only when I scream loud enough."

Jac: Laughing again, Jac hid her face on the bar. "Well you're dull in that case. Who cares seeing as we have him to cover us," she jabbed her thumb towards Jason.

Jason: "Sure thing, Captain." he gave Ginny a mock salute, smirking as Jac gestured to him. "It's lovely to feel useful."

Sinjin: "Well, you are the brilliant one, Doctor."

Jac: "You give each other pet names? Oh I feel the love!" she giggled harder at the idea.

Jason: "You know if you mock the names you're getting one, right?" Jason sat back against the bar, trying to think of what would fit Jac. "What do you think, Ginny? Not sure what would fit her."

Sinjin: "Hmmmm. I'm sure you do, Tyler. Welcome to the fold."

Jac: "Rose Tyler?" she made a bit of a face. "Could never see her the same after my mate showed me this other programme Billie Piper was in where she was a high class hooker."

Jason: "Well hey, at least she wasn't a two dollar hooker. There's something, right?" he laughed at the face, approving of the name more just for that.

Sinjin: "That was good. I rather thought she should've done all that for the Doctor. Jack would certainly have appreciated it. But now, she can have fun with her human Doctor."

Jac: Jac raised an eyebrow. "Yea. Sure. Bad images. Bad."

Jason: "Oh this opens up all new possibilities of ways for me to bother you." Supressing laughter wasn't working for Jason at the moment. He could feel his shoulders shaking but he knew well enough that if he ever played with any of those images he would definitely get one hell of a mule kick.

Jac: "Oh the programme never bothered me on its own. Just can't see Rose the same no more. "And...don't even think about it...I'm beginning to know that glint..."

Jason: Jason just smiled, trying to look as innocent as he could muster. "Glint? Do I have a glint?"

Sinjin: "Yes, you do."

Jac: "Shiny glint, kind of evil with a touch of...slyness," she peered in his face then sat back.

Jason: "Well...either I'm going to have to work on hiding it or else I'll just have to start wearing it all the time."

Jason: Jason couldn't help but slide back until Jac went back to giving him his personal space.

Sinjin: "Hmmm so what shall we use the glint for? I’m bored."

Jac: "Hadn't we already decided on that?" she asked, a little confused now. "First more drinks!"

Jason: "I don't know...we can always think of something more inventive...anyone particularly angry with anyone from school? We could always do something wonderfully embarrassing with their visage."

Sinjin: "Hmm Farouk? He's an evil bastard."

Jac: "Ah, not been to his classes yet. They ain't compulsory are they?" waving over the barman, she ordered another round of shots and nodded her head towards Ginny as payment was asked for.

Jason: "Hmm, he could be fun. Perhaps when we get back to school...don't be surprised if the next time you see him it has appeared he has raided the drama costume closet. There's an alarming quantity of antebellum dresses in there."

Sinjin: "Oh yes, there are...um. Why am I paying again?"

Jac: Jac pointed to the barman, trying to make a mental picture of Farouk in a dress that went to Ginny in a dress to..."Eh. How do either of you know about the dresses?"

Jason: "It's an interesting place to skip classes." Jason shrugged.

Sinjin: "I look good in dresses," he said a little too blase.

Jac: "Super," she raised her thumb. That image would scare her for the rest of the week.

Jason: "You'd really be surprised." Jason tried to keep the glint out of his eyes as he supplied Jac with an illustration to help her along.

Jac: "I will deck you if you do that again! Or jump on you, run you four feet into the ground..."

Jason: "..." Jason looked to Ginny, hoping for help in not indulging himself in the laughter that so very badly wanted to come out. Laughter would be his downfall, he was sure.

Sinjin: "But come on, tell me I look good." He grinned, and started laughing a bit.

Jac: Jac considered this. "Meh. You don’t have the figure for it, lovey."

Jason: "Oh now that's just hitting below the belt there." Jason allowed himself the laugh now.

Sinjin: "Hmmm." He inspected himself. "Well, I'll give you that."

Jac: "More above the waist than below the belt," Jac snickered. "Are we going to prank this place or not then?"

Jason: "Yeah, let's clear out and let the corseted princess take his stage." Jason stepped off of his stool and waited for the others, piecing together the image he was about to send out.

Sinjin: He slid unsteadily off the stool and wobbled over to Jason. "What a great cap to the night!"

Jac: Swiping the shot glasses and the glass her drink had been in with a flash, she followed them at a slightly normal pace. "Great I'm gonna have to go at your speed on the way back right?"

Jac: Looking back over her shoulder, Jac grinned deviously. "Kinda tempted to stop and wait for the real good reactions..."

Jason: "Sorry to hold you up." Jason smirked, letting the image start behind him. "That make up for it?"