08/19 Instance: Nightmares

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

08/19 Instance: Nightmares

Post by steyn »

Timeline Current I guess. Bman really should start to add these little bits

rachel: Rachel sat off to the side of the patio, staring blankly at the ground as she tried to ignore the flickers of gold that occsaionally popped into her line of sight. She wasn't really focusing enough to keep control of her appearance.

rachel: The nightmares, memories were something she was also trying to ignore. She'd skipped writing the nightmare down tonight and waking up Josh, figuring she could just brood outside since everyone else was inside...or usually were.

Moon: Slowly, and quite silently, a dismembered hand scurried out from under a patio chair and across Rachel's foot. From a distance Moon's voice could be heard calling out, but in a faint whispery yell, "Get the fuck back here!"

rachel: Rachel shifted slightly as something brushed against her foot or she thought something had....

Moon: The hand crawled it's way out from under a couch seemed to have a life of it's own as it went back and forth between the chair and the couch, like a mouse frantically caught between a rock and a hard place.

Moon: Moon swung the door open with her good arm, her left one, and looked inside. "Oh, hey Rachel! You seen my hand? I took it off to try and grab someone's boxers out of a tree, and it just ditched me..."

rachel: "Nope." She sighed, passing the movement out of the corner of her eyes as the flame illusion. "Might be inside."

Moon: Moon nodded. "Yeah, it does that..." She got on her hands and knees and looked under the couch. There it was, backed up against the wall, as if it didn't want to go back. Reaching out she yanked it from under the couch and shoved it back onto her wrist.

Moon: After a few seconds it made it became one with the rest of her corpse like body and she sat down and pressed the wrinkles out of her black dress, which was over her black jeans.

Moon: Moon: After a few seconds she made it became one with the rest of her corpse like body and she sat down and pressed the wrinkles out of her black dress, which was over her black jeans.

rachel: "Ah." Rachel had to admit that she was a bit surprised that the girl wasn't freaking out over how she looked. Well, Moon also didn't look normal, so she could see why it wasn't that shocking.

Moon: Moon looked up at her and smiled warmly, or at least as warmly as one with her complexion and figure could. "Soooo... what's got you all hot and bothered?"

rachel: "Hot and bothered?" Her eyebrow raised as she inclined her head in Moon's direction, not that anyone could see her eyebrows...

Moon: "You know, the whole.... well you look like you're on fire. I thought you were a telepath?"

rachel: "Hot and bothered is just a new way to describe it." Sunshine normally came to mind, sadly. "And telekinetic," she added.

Moon: "Well, being that I don't sleep, and I've been out and about this mansion every night since I came here, I'm pretty sure I haven't seen you up this late here. Certainly not like this. What's going on?"

rachel: "I'm always up this late," she muttered. She was just in her or Josh's room. "Couldn't sleep." Didn't want to was probably more accurate.

Moon: "Ah." Moon said nodding. "Not sleeping makes you all... flamey like that?" She asked, pointing to her. "Or is that something else, like maybe why you can't sleep?
rachel: Rachel cringed and blew out a breath. "The latter," she answered.

Moon: Moon smiled back at Rae and stood up. For someone who was 'dead' she was getting good at predicting the 'living'. "So what's wrong? Besides the fact that you're in a school where you're supposed to fit in and no matter how hard you try you won't always...?"

rachel: Yeah, she definitely didn't need to be reminded of that last part. Though, she was sure she fit in more than she thought. Everyone here seemed to be fucked up in some way. "Nightmares."

Moon: "Nightmares?" Moon asked in a perplexed tone, as if the faintest idea of one had never occurred to her. She nodded slowly. "About?"

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip as she tried to think of someway to explain why without really telling anything. "Bad memories."

Moon: "Ah." Moon nodded with a considerable amount of understanding this time. "See, I have neither, so that's why I'm curious. Very few memories, and nothing ever to dream of. I don't dream at all, because I don't sleep." She sighed and closed her eyes and tried to imagine what a dream would be like. Nothing.

Moon: "Could you... describe it to me?" Moon asked. "Or is it too much? I completely understand if not."

rachel: "Um...as long as you don't tell anyone...I-I guess I could..." She tried to think of how many people knew exactly what went on in her nightmares. Couldn't be too many, not counting the people that'd been stuck with her there...

Moon: "Oh, trust me I die with my secrets. Frequently." She pulled the sofa chair closer to her and patted it, as an offering of sitting down, hoping it would make it easier for Rachel.

rachel: Slowly, she uncurled and sat down, pulling her knees up again and resting her chin on them. Rachel took a breath, "It always starts off with the doctor restraining me and asking if I know what electroshock therapy is. He tells, injects drugs, zaps me a few times, and I change into...this..."

Moon: Moon's eyes went wide. "Electroshock therapy?" She asked. "Why would anyone want to do that to you? Especially a doctor?"

rachel: "Research, experiments..." she gave a half shrug and stared at the concrete.

Moon: Her slim mouth turning into a frown and her eyebrows furrowing downwards she leaned into Rachel. "You're saying... these are memories? And some jerk did experiments? On you? Is he still alive, because I'm about to go Jason on this guy's ass if you give me his address."

rachel: Rachel shook her head, surprised at the leaning closer thing. Most peole figured they'd be burned or something. "Not just me."

Moon: Moon's jaw dropped. "What?!" She stood up quite quickly. "Who else? Not anyone in this school I hope? Oh my God! Honey I had no idea any of this happened to you! I'm so sorry? Why aren't you beating him up, right now?"

rachel: "Some others here," she resisted biting down on her lip since it was still sore from the other day in the rain. "No reason for you to be sorry. He got away. Dunno where."

Moon: She gasped. She grumbled. She stomped and threw her hands in the air. Pointing, not at Rachel, but as if she was pointing through her, or rather at an imaginary representative of state infront of her, and shouted: "This is why the registration thing will never work! Because of lunatics like him!"

Moon: She realized suddenly that she was being very brash and very upsetting to someone who was trying very hard to find some sort of solace in what had happened to her. She lowered her hand. "Can you be touched.. in that form? I expect nothing'll happen to me, but just want to make sure..."

rachel: Rachel eyed her skin and eventually nodded. "Just looks bad. Feels the same as I normally would. Well...Remy says it's warmer, but..." she trailed off with a shrug.

Moonbeam: Moon shrugged. "C'mere." She reached down and hugged Rachel. Unafraid of the flames that licked her skin, she wrapped her arms around her neck and embraced her tight. "I'm so sorry this happened to you, and to anyone else. It must be so hard living with it..."

rachel: She tensed at the hug, not really used to anyone touching her when she looked like this, but cautiously returned it. "Nothing to be sorry for. Not the first bad thing I have to deal with. It's...okay...most of the time..."

Moonbeam: Moon released and sat in the couch across from the chair Rachel was in. "Okay soooo... I don't understand, why would a doctor want to do this to anyone? Especially you!"

Moonbeam: "Like, where's the purpose? What was he trying to achieve? And why hasn't someone kicked his ass so hard into the ground he was eating dirt and worms."

rachel: Rachel snorted at the 'especially you'. "Just research on mutants..."

Moonbeam: "So why didn't he get you all in a room and have you fill out a series of yes or no questions, and then just some simple bloodwork and urine samples!? I mean Electro-shocking? What the hell, how is that considered therapeutic?! I'll therapize my foot up in his ass cheeks if he thinks he's justified in doing that!"

Moonbeam: Moon was really angry. She was in fact, quite furious. She snorted and grumbled, the idea of Rachel being tortured over and over in her mind, teasing it, attacking her thoughts, making her want to cry or kick something. "Raaarrgh!" She yelled. Yanking off her arm she began to beat the floor violently with it. "Stupidjerkassgobblyfuckwithhisfuckingelectroshocking! I'll shock him! I'll go fucking Hellraiser on him!"

rachel: She bit back the 'you'd have to get to him before Rogue smashed his head against the ground' and just gave another shrug. "It's an actual treatment...for depression, apparently. Not used as much anymore, so yeah...electroshock therapy..."

Moonbeam: "Sounds like it gives people depression..." Moon grumbled as she shoved her arm back to it's socket and let it heal itself back up. "Sorry about that, I just get angry, and I don't want to hurt anyone else, so I hurt myself." She looked at Rachel. "You ever need to hurt yourself?" She asked.

Moonbeam: "You know, like how I mean? Hurt yourself instead of someone else..."

rachel: "...Yes," she admitted. "Instead of someone, to deal with something, get away from things, feel something..."

Moonbeam: Moon nodded with her. "It's very easy to fall into that habit. Back when I wanted to die, just to see if I could, I did so many things. I just wanted to feel pain... I don't even remember what that is... It's as if my nerves don't exist and they're being used for something else..." She sighed. "But I wouldn't suggest hurting yourself Rae. You're not me, you can't come back."

Moonbeam: "If you ever need a wrist to cut, I'll give you mine for the night." She smiled warmly even though the idea of that was sick, and she knew it.

rachel: Rachel cringed, "...I used to cut, and I know. That's kinda the point of suicide, not coming back."

Moonbeam: "Well, I don't want you going away. You're a good friend and I would hate to see you end your life because of so many bad nightmares when you got so much time ahead of you to turn it all into sweet dreams." She rocked back and forth in her seat and pondered the idea of only having as much time as Rachel did to make something out of her life.

Moonbeam: "You know what... I'm gonna go for it. You only got one life right? And I've been given a second, and an extended one at that. I'm gonna go be an astronaut."

rachel: "Have fun with that. Involves too much math and science for me."

Moonbeam: Shrugging she said, "It's not like I have a short amount of time to figure it all out, right? And if I get to go to space, I promise I'll bring you up there with me, and we can look at everyone from up in space and laugh at them."

rachel: "Heh, true. Might want to get to work on that then. Doubt I'll live past thirty most of the time."

Moonbeam: "Psh, I'll bring you back from the dead everyday for a chat and cookies." She lied. In truth, she could never bring any of her friends back to life. Something was just... wrong with that. "You need to stay around though, you're one of the few people who doesn't have to force themselves to hold down their lunch when I hug 'em."

rachel: "Dead people can eat cookies?" she raised an eyebrow.

Moonbeam: "Well.. sure I can eat, it just won't go anywhere, and I won't taste it. But yeah, I can eat 'em." She laughed at the idea of her eating cookies in space with Rachel.

rachel: "Hm...never thought cookies couldn't be enjoyable," she chewed on her lip and sighed. "Should probably go back to bed soon..."

Moonbeam: "Probably." Moon agreed. "Rachel, if you ever need someone to talk to... I'm here. I promise, I won't share with anyone what you tell me." She hugged her again and then gave her a thumbs up.

rachel: "Thanks," she said and returned the hug before leaning back. She wasn't quite ready to move. She at least needed to be able to focus enough to change back to normal before she went inside.

[Edited on 19/8/2008 by steyn]