08/20 Instance: Girls for the Revolution

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

08/20 Instance: Girls for the Revolution

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Amara: Amara was sat beind a huge pile of books, it would have been hard to tell see was there if she didn't keep reaching up to cross reference something in one of the other text books. She wasn't really sure what she was doing or why but she had a desire to do some reasearch and the library seemed a good place to do it quietly.

Moon: Moon was on the floor, near to where Amara was, also reading. She had a pile of Poe's stories in her lap but in her hands was "Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man" by James Joyce. Her lips moved as she read the words silently, amazed at the storytelling style.

Cessily: Cessily strolled into the library, a pile of books tucked under her arm. "Oh, hey, you two!" She smiled and waved at the other girls with her free hands. "How are you," she asked, as she began to sort her books back into the shelves.

Amara: Amara jumped and looked up, "Oh, Hi!... Wait... Two?" Due to the pile of books in front of her, she hadn't even seen moon.

Moon: Moon poked her head up, also surprised to see Amara. "Oh, hey Cess. Amara, jeez, had no freakin' idea you were here!" She closed her book and put it down. "I'm great Cess, how're you?"

Cessily: Cessily had to chuckle at their surprise. "Oh my, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." She put her last book away. "I'm fine, as always. Busy with assignments." Stepping over to where they sat - or lied - she glanced down at them. "You're looking busy, too. I'm not disturbing, am I?"

Amara: Amara shook her head, "This isn't school work, I was just bored. Got a bit absorbed to tell you the truth...." She grinned, "Need any help with those assignments?"

Moon: "I'm just trying to clear my head." Moon responded. "Got all fired up at the mall with Neena when some dumb newsreporter tried to get us to talk to her about the 'Mutant Problem', like it's some war on drugs or something."

Cessily: "Oh my, I'm sorry to hear that," Cessily replied, her smile fading a little. She pulled a chair over and sat down, with the back of the chair in front of her. "Ah, no, I usually do them when other people are asleep. I don't need much sleep, so, that's the perfect time to do them." She grinned." Thanks for the offer, though."

Cessily: She glanced at Moon, then back at Amara. "Yeah, it's pretty crazy what's going on right now, isn't it? I almost have the feeling that it's getting worse and worse each day."

Amara: Amara smiled at Cess, "You're welcome, offer stands if you change your mind," She pushed the books aside so she could see them both better, "This whole registration thing is getting out of hand. I'm glad I'm not obvious or I'd be afraid to leave the building by now - some of the things I've been hearing are really scary."

Moon: "Yeah, well... I'm getting pretty damn sick of it too. This lady tried to make Neena and I admit mutants were bad just because of a few random unrelated instances. It's just terrible... someone needs to stop this."

Cessily: "I'll keep that in mind," she said, smiling back at Amara. Then, she solemnly nodded. "Yeah, it's actually quite scary." She sighed. "Like, I'm used to being stared at by now, or getting a stupid remark here and there, but it's never been as worse as during the last couple of weeks."

Cessily: "During the last year I had no problem with going out to meet people, but now I feel so bad whenever I'm among strangers. As if they see me as some kind of wild animal that's running around freely." She paused, then shrugged. "It would be nice if someone could simply stop this, but you know how people are. They can be persistent in their hate."

Amara: "Yeah we need to find some way of changing their minds... but what can we do? To them we're either dumb kids or part of the 'problem'. No one's going to listen to us...." She sighed, "Why are people so stupid?"

Moon: "Because they're people. That's how they are. Stupid, stupid people." She spat. "I'm sorry, I get angry easily. I don't think it comes down to listening to us though Amara, none of us are saying anything yet. I mean, selling cookies, don't get me wrong, good idea. But honestly? That's not going to get it through to Senator Laffey or Congressman Jones..."

Cessily: Cessily looked between Amara and Moon. From the looks of things, this would be much easier than she had thought. Granted, she had heard both girls being vocal about the human/mutant issue before - especially Moon. That's why she had thought of them. But she hadn't been sure if they actually wanted to become active about it.

Cessily: "Yeah, that's sad, but true, no?" Cessily propped her elbow on the back of the chair and rested her chin on her hand. "I love what we're doing now, and I believe that it's important. But I also know that most people will fail to see just how important this whole issue is. You know what I think? That someone has to show them just what they're doing here."

Cessily: "I mean, they're going to cast a vote that will decides about our lives here. This is not just some meaningless law."

Amara: "Yeah, if they pass this one who knows where they'll stop? Next thing we know they'll be hearding us all into camps and stuff... makes me sick. They don't even know us and they're calling us dangerous. How can they? Don't they know how hard people like me work to make sure we don't hurt other people?"

Moon: "I found that death certificate thing to be a laugh." Moon commented. "Not to mention the whole entire idea that they think half of us can be controlled. They couldn't stop riots in the sixties with german shephards and fire hoses, they think they're gonna stop me from going to Hot Topic with the same things?" She snorted. "We need someone to respond, but it has to be tactful. Like 'V', y'know? The idea and the message need to be clear, not threatening."

Cessily: Cessily listened to them and nodded to what she heard, slightly smiling. Those two were almost recruiting themselves. "Yes, my sentiments exactly. They need to realize that all that we want to do is live normal lives like they do. We don't want to eat their children, steal their jobs or take over the world."

Cessily: "But as long as we're just a headline in the newspaper, they won't care about us." She shook her head. "It's always like that. People only care for what's directly in front of their noses." She paused. "So, yeah, I agree with Moon. We need to show them where they are doing wrong. That means... someone will have to do just that."

Amara: Amara looked at Cess with a puzzled expression, "Show them how? Hold protests?"

Moon: "I'd like to show 'em my dead foot up their ass..." Moon grumbled.

Cessily: "Something like that, yes." Cessily nodded and sat up. "In fact, it's no coincidence that I'm talking to you about these things. I heard before how you think about all this, so I wanted to see whether you two would actually be interested in getting active and do something."

Cessily: "Don't get me wrong. It will be entirely peaceful. You know my mindset regarding these things. But Andy and I have started thinking about this, and we agree that what we're doing right now won't be enough to change peoples minds before the election. What we need are ways to protest that actually get some media attention, you know?"

Amara: Amara perked up, "Sounds intriguing. I'd certainly be interested in doing something I hate sitting around and watching it happen... I feel so useless."

Moon: "If I can mess with people, in a non-violent fashion, and at the same time raise awareness..." Moon smiled viciously. "I'm so in."

Cessily: A grin appeared on her face. "Shiny! I knew you two would be interested in helping us. I'm sure we're going to arrange a meeting with everyone who wants to help to raise awareness and discuss what we're actually going to do. So, take your time to think about it, yeah?"

Cessily: She paused for a moment. "Oh, another thing. Apart from the non-violent way to do thing, we also thought that it would be better if we kept our identities secret." She shrugged, smiling slightly. "Non-violent doesn't mean that we're going to strictly stick to the law. And perhaps people will actually think that we're human supporters, you know?"

Amara: "Ooo that sounds great, I'll definately think about it... well probably more than think about it but i;ll have to talk to my dad first and warn himthat he might have to bail me out of jail.."

Amara: Amara grinned then checked her watch, "Ok, time for one of my snacks, gotta go or I'll regret it later...."

Cessily: "Sweet!" Cessily smiled at them. "Hey, why don't we all go for some snacks? We can discuss this further while eating, don't you think?"
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen