08/22 Instance: Private Dinner

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After the end of Time's Fool.

Cessily: Cessily leafed through her magazine as she lounged at the kitchen table. She had her feet put up on the nearby chair and occasionally reached for the small bowl of cereal on the table. It was rare to be all by yourself in the school's kitchen. Someone always used to hang out in there. But Cessily didn't mind. She enjoyed the peace.

Raya: Raya came into the kitchen slowly, peering around the corner to see if there was anyone there before she went in. There was only Cess...maybe if she was quiet she could get a sandwich or something and go back up to her room. Her hair was bound up and still damp, and slapped on her back as she walked, ruining her sneaky entrance.

Cessily: Cessily's mind wasn't occupied enough that she wouldn't notice someone else coming into the room. Not much got past you if pretty much all of your body could be used as a replacement sensory organ. She still looked up from her magazine and turned towards Raya in a purely human habit, blinking with the spoon in her mouth as the other girl silently walked by.

Cessily: "Raya," she eventually asked after having pulled out the spoon. Her eyes went wide and she put her feet down, sitting up at the table. "Where...?"

Raya: She tried not to flinch as Cess' voice came at her. "Hey, Cess." She turned away from the refrigerator, leaning one shoulder on it. "Where what?" She closed her eyes tiredly, wanting nothing more than to get food and go to sleep, though she knew she'd have to get in touch with the professors sooner or later.

Cessily: "Where are you coming from," Cessily successfully ended the question this time. She dropped the magazine on the table. She shook her head, an uneven smile showing on her face. "I mean, where have you been?"

Raya: "I was at Remy's house." She replied quietly, reaching into the refrigerator for a drink and a container of someone's leftover chinese. She opened it and wasn't knocked over, which was a good thing; she rifled through the drawers for a fork as she came aorund to sit. "I didn't mean to be gone so long."

Cessily: "Oh my, why didn't you tell anyone," Cessily asked after she had processed the information. She got up from her chair and stepped over to where Raya had sat down. Putting her hands on the girl's shoulders, she lightly hugged her. "You had us all worried here. We thought you had run away."

Raya: "I just wasn't thinking about it. I was going to come back...just, I didn't know when." Cessily's hands felt a little odd on her skin, being neither warm nor cold, really. But it was so nice to have someone near her that she knew. Raya turned her face into Cessily's cheek slightly, sighing. "I'm sorry to worry you. I didn't mean to."

Cessily: Cessily held on to Raya a little while longer when she felt that it comforted the girl. "It's alright," she replied, smiling. "Don't be sorry. You're back again and so all is good now. And I guess Remy's place is a very safe place to be." She sat down on the chair next to Raya. "But why did you leave like this in the first place?"

Raya: "I just needed to. I got this in the mail..." She lifted the thin chain from under her tee shirt and showed the delicate ring that rested on it. "I just...I didn't want to be here and have to watch people be happy with their partners. So...I left." She swiped a hand over her cheek, letting the chain fall back. "I guess it's fixed now."

Cessily: "Oh, I see," Cessily said, looking at the ring, even though she didn't really understood all of it yet. "So, it's about this arranged marriage thing?" She thought about what Raya had said for a couple of seconds, her smile fading. "And I can understand how all of that must have bothered you. I'm sorry. This must be very hard for you, isn't it?"

Cessily: "Wait. You say it's fixed now?" She blinked. "How so?"

Raya: "I spent a long time on the phone with Orli... he says he's going to come over when he can so we can fix it. And there's not much else I can do but wait for him to get here." Raya pulled her knees up as she pushed away the food in front of her, taking a shaky sip of her drink. The chain felt like a lead weight. "I... I just don't know."

Raya: "I want to be like the rest of everybody here, but I can't for so many reasons. But it's just lonely, to not be that close to anyone." She rested her cheek against her jean-clad knees.

Cessily: Cessily watched Raya for a moment and reached out to gently squeeze her hand. "I'm so sorry. I know it's not easy when you don't feel like you're fitting in." She sucked on her lower lip, searching her mind for helpful words. "But you don't have to be lonely, or feel like you don't belong here." She smiled again. "You know we like you just as you are. We're your friends."

Cessily: She glanced down for a moment and shrugged. "So, Orli is your friend from back home, yes?"

Raya: "Yes. We kinda grew up together, back home." She bit her lip at the hand squeezing her own, closing her eyes tightly. It felt so different all of a sudden, like she was completely isolated. "I know you all do."

Cessily: Cessily looked at Raya for a couple seconds longer, then nodded, her smile slightly growing. "And let me assure you that we're all going to help you with this, okay? Like, we'll support you no matter how you decide to go about it." She chuckled lightly. "Although, I gotta admit that I'd prefer if your decision would result in you staying here."

Raya: "I don't want to leave. And I wasn't going to, but it's not something I can ignore and have it go away." She'd learned that one already, hadn't she? "I like it here, at this place...I just don't know how to convince everyone at home that I want to."

Cessily: "Yeah, I can see how that's a problem." She gave her a lopsided smile. "Well, it's nice that you like it here. And, don't you think that your family would understand it if you just told them how much you like it here? I mean, they couldn't just ignore it if you explained to them that this is what you really want:"

Raya: "It's just my aunt. And she's really set on this happening..." Raya shook her head as much as she could. "It's what happened to her, and she thinks it's a better idea because she knows whoever I'd marry would be a good person." Or so she thinks. She shuddered uner the air conditioning vent as it hiccuped and blew a breath of cold air at them both.

Cessily: Cessily made an awkward face as she looked at Raya. "Hm, but what can you do," she wondered out loud. "You'll either have to tell her that you don't want to do this, which she'd probably not agree with, or go through with the marriage and leave this place. But that's not what you want, is it?"

Cessily: She sighed, pausing for a moment. "That's not an easy decision. And, I'm sorry that it's being forced on you to make it. You shouldn't have to. Not at your age. I mean, it's as you've said, you should be free to enjoy life the way you want to."

Raya: "I've told her. And she doesn't like it, but I don't want to get married. It's too early, and I don't even like dating people, much less going any farther with them." She moved her head to rest her eyes on the backs of her hands, letting her hair fall over her shoulder. "This is just...it feels like I'm stuck dreaming. This doesn't happen to people anymore."

Cessily: Cessily propped her chin on her hand, watching Raya with a small smile on her face. "Yeah, it seems so... out-dated to me." She had to chuckle. "You know what's odd? On the one hand, our families and teachers want to raise us to be independent and responsible adults who can take care of themselves, and on the other hand they would rather make any decisions for us."

Raya: "It feels like that. Orlando says he wants to make sure I'm okay and taken care of and all that." She sighed minutely, pulling her hands over her hair. "I just want him to believe that I can take care of myself, even in the whole registration business. He just doesn't." At the difficult pause, she shookher head. "Believe me, I mean."

Cessily: "Oh, yes, I get what you mean," Cessily commented with a nod. "Isn't it ironic how the people who want to take care of us and feel they have to protect us from harm are often the ones who make everything so difficult for us instead? I've gone through pretty much the same with my family." She paused. "Well, except that they didn't want to marry me off, that is."

Raya: Raya barely smiled, to herself. "Be glad." She thought on how things might be if she weren't trying to avoid getting married. She might like Cessily....certainly as a friend, though she wasn't sure of anything else. Since this whole charade had started she didn't know what to think of liking anyone. It just confused her.

Cessily: "Oh, I certainly am." Cessily had to laugh out loud at that. "I don't think I could stay sane if in a marriage. Well, certainly not in one of those traditional ones." She gave Raya a sheepish smile and shrugged. "I guess I'm simply scared of this kind of total commitment. it would feel so... confining, you know? But that's just me, of course."

Raya: "I don't know what I'd feel in one. I don't really know how I'd feel on a proper date." Since the last one I tried didn't end too well. She hadn't really been thinking about how she'd feel in any normal relationship, given so much of her time and everything else had been going into other things.

Cessily: "See? That's another reason why this marriage is a bad idea. At least in my opinion." Cessily leaned back in her chair. "Isn't your youth supposed to be the time where you actually find out and make experiences, so that you don't make any serious decisions unprepared? I'd say it's best to always start with small steps and go on from there."

Cessily: She made a waving gesture with her hand. "For example, you can't really expect to lead a successful, lifelong relationship with someone unless you have made previous experiences and learned how to deal with anything that a relationship brings along. I don't think getting married at a young age without knowing what you're doing and hoping that it'll all turn out fine is the best idea."

Raya: "I've never done anything serious with anyone." Raya confessed, feeling foolish already. She knew Cess was a very...active person, sexually. It didn't really bother her all that much, as it wasn't any of her business, but letting her know she'd never done anything made her feel simply and too young. "I've only ever been kissed. Um, by boys, I mean."

Cessily: Cessily smiled at Raya and squeezed her hand again, trying to be comforting. "That's nothing to be ashamed of, mind you. Things like that should happen only at the pace that you're comfortable with, and only when you really feel that you're ready for something like that."

Cessily: She shrugged. "I mean, I don't mind people waiting until they're married or whatever. It's a very personal decision. But the most important thing here is that it's your decision, you know?" Her smile widened. "Don't let anyone else tell you what's appropriate and what's not. So if you feel that you need more experience, don't be afraid of your own curiosity."

Raya: "I just...um. I don't know what it would be like. It's nothing, you probably don't care much." She blushed dully, biting her lip with embarrassment. "I just haven't..." She shrugged helplessly, blushing harder.

Cessily: "What," Cessily inquired, laughing softly. "Don't say I wouldn't care. You should know by now that I'm usually worrying about everyones problems here." She made a funny face and tilted her head to the side. "Besides, I'm probably the last person at this school who you would have to feel too ashamed to tell something."

Raya: "I know. I just don't want to keep telling you these things. Since they don't matter to you." Raya almost wished to be somewhere else altogether, and at the same time to stay right where she was. Cessily was a comforting presence, but it made her nervous to be so close to someone who had so much more experience with everything than she did.

Cessily: Cessily shrugged nonchalantly. "That's okay. You don't have to. I'd just want you to know that if you should ever need someone to talk about things like these, or anything else really, don't hesitate to ask me. I know how weird and confusing all of this can be, believe me."

Raya: Raya smiled up at Cess, rubbing at her waist as her stomach grumbled softly. "Thanks. I...I might do that."

Cessily: "Yup, that's what you've got friends for," Cessily replied, smiling back at her. "In any case, I'm happy that you're back. I really missed you." She leaned over and hugged her again. "Hey, how about I try to make us something better to eat than this old chinese you found there? Like, as a welcome back dinner or something."

Raya: "That would be really nice." She just didn't have the energy to cook for herself. And maybe she could just sit and talk with Cess for a while.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Not much got past you if pretty much all of your body could be used as a replacement sensory organ.
So...does that mean that when you are shaking Cess's hand you are...oh my. No wonder she's so friendly and happy all the time. :P

Good instance guys.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.