08/23 Instance: The Anti-Insomniac Program

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: One day after the instance "Rachel Needs Sleep".

Cessily: Cessily sat cross-legged on her bed, a pile of unfolded laundry on her one side, a stack of neatly folded clothes on the others one. The stereo was turned on, but only ran in the background on low volume. Now that Ju was back again, it had become an increasingly rare occasion to be all alone on the room.

rachel: Rachel blinked in an attempt to keep her eyes open. She'd slept for a bit last night, though not enough to make up for a few days. Taking a breath, she reached up and knocked on the door, "Cess?"

Cessily: Cessily looked up upon hearing Rae's voice. "I'm in here," she called back. "Come in. It's open."

rachel: She slipped into the room and closed the door behind her, leaning against it for a moment. "Hey," Rachel eyed the laundry and moved to sit down on Ju's bed, pulling her knees up. "What's up?"

Cessily: "Laundry time," she replied with a grin, holding up the shirt she was currently folding. "How are you," she asked, putting the shirt aside, then looked up at Rachel. "Oh my, you look sleepy, girl."

rachel: "Laundry sounds exciting," she gave a small grin back and shrugged, "I'm alive."

Cessily: "Yup, don't we all love the laundry day," Cessily asked with a chuckle. "And alive is certainly not a bad thing to be." She gave Rae a small smile. "Though, that doesn't sound like you're feeling great, either. Still having trouble with sleeping?"

rachel: "Laundry's something I probably need to do...or cleaning in general, really." She chewed on her lip, "Yeah, a bit. I slept a little last night since Moon sent me to bed. She found me falling asleep over homework in the kitchen. Eyeball in my coffee was not a happy moment."

Cessily: Cessily put her hand in front of her eyes and shook her head. "Eww, oh my, I bet that it wasn't. I can imagine less gross ways to send someone to bed, really." She dropped the hand and looked back at Rae. "That's going on for a while now, isn't it? Don't you have some meds that you could take?"

rachel: "For a while, I guess. Haven't really been keeping track. I do, but I don't like using them..." Rachel smiled at her reaction to the eye thing, "Well, we talked for a while. She kinda walked out, so I didn't really have a choice."

Cessily: "Hm, I see." Cessily folded the current shirt and put it on top of the stack, then gave the laundry a break. "Sounds like a really annoying problem to me. So, you say you don't like using the meds, but you can't sleep well without them either. Is there anything else you could do?"

rachel: "Um...get over it and sleep anyway? Wait until I pass out from exhaustion? I dunno..." she raked her fingers through her hair, "I wanted to talk to you about something Moon mentioned last night, actually..."

Cessily: "Perhaps you could go and see McCoy or Dai about is," Cessily suggested, but then paused. "Yeah? What did she say?"

rachel: "I do see Dai. A lot. I'd probably annoy her if she wasn't so happy that I've been getting help." Rachel managed a smirk and was fairly sure it was the first time she'd actually come close to smiling in a while.

rachel: "Well...uh...you remember when you had a crush on me? And I didn't really handle it all that well...since I was completely oblivious...?"

Cessily: Cessily couldn't hold back the giggling at these memories. "Oh yes, that was a hilarious time. My, just remembering what a mess I caused by that. I wanna slap myself today for have been so stupid." She shook her head, still grinning, but then became more serious again, "Oh, right, yeah. So, what about it? You mentioned Moon."

rachel: "Well, you're not the only one that feels stupid for it. I don't know how I didn't notice..." she shook her head. "Well, she has a crush on me, and I don't want to deal with it like I did your crush. So...I don't really know what to do...I guess..."

Cessily: Oh," Cessily simply replied, blinking at Rachel for a moment. She sat up straight and gave her a small smirk. "So you know she has a crush on you? Did she let you know?"

rachel: Rachel inwardly groaned at the look on Cess' face. "Well, yeah, kinda. I mean, wasn't quite as obvious as you were, but..." she trailed off with a shrug. "Figured you'd be the best person to talk to about this."

Cessily: "Oh, yeah, you're probably right about that." Cessily chuckled lightly and ran a hand through her hair. "So, you think that she likes you but you're afraid of hurting her feelings if you simply tell her that you're not interested. Am I right?" She couldn't resist to give Rae a grin. "Unless you decided to became experimental, that is."

rachel: "Pffft, Josh would hardly approve of experimenting," she rolled her eyes, quickly adding, "Not that I would." She thought for a moment and nodded, "Yeah. It's just...I figure it'd be kinda obvious since I have Josh, and I can't exactly say that without sounding like a bitch."

Cessily: "Oh, believe me, Josh is a guy. He certainly wouldn't mind at all if you'd decide to be experimenting. Not as long as you promise to get pics." She laughed and winked at Rae. "But yeah, I can see your dilemma. Still, if you don't want to hurt Moon. the best way is still to be perfectly open about it."

Cessily: "Don't push her away or anything, but simply explain to her in all kindness that you're with someone else and that you don't swing that way, okay?" She smiled. "Believe me, it's worse for Moon if you leave her in uncertainty and she's still having hopes that would only be crushed eventually."

rachel: "Josh and I are kinda...well, I don't know at the moment," she sighed. "Guess you're right, and now I just have to think of how to approach it with her without making a complete idiot of myself."

Cessily: "Well, you can either talk with your about it in a friendly atmosphere, or if you aren't too sure about it, you could have someone help you." Cessily shrugged. "I don't know, but perhaps I could talk to Moon and see if I can find out if she really likes you or not. And then already warn her that she'd have very slim chances with you."

rachel: "You can talk to her if you want. I figured I'd just have to suck it up and get it over with."

Cessily: "Sure, no problem, I can do that." Cessily gave Rae a nod and a smile. "I'm pretty sure that she'll understand how hopeless the situation is if she finds out that even I failed to convert you." Cessily winked at her with a laugh.

rachel: "Somehow, I'm fairly sure I should take pride in the fact that not even you could convert me," she grinned slightly.

Cessily: Cessil laughed. "Hey, it's your loss, after all." She lifted one of her shirts. "Hey, you earlier said something about how exciting laundry day is. Why don't you join in on the enjoyment and help me out here? I'd even let myself get convinced to do the same for you later."

rachel: "I can live with that loss." Rachel made a face, "Oh, I might spontaneously combust from the joy and emo clashing, but I guess I can help. You don't even have to see the disaster area that's my room later, if you don't want. Only figure I should clean since Raya is back."

Cessily: "Thanks," Cessily replied and tossed Rachel some of her unfolded shirts. "And no problem, really. You know I have many hands to lend. I'm the perfect cleaning up machine." She chuckled. "So, you said that you don't know how things are between you and Josh. I hope it's nothing too serious, no?"

rachel: "No problem," Rachel shoved the shirts off to the side and grabbed one, fumbling as she worked on folding it neatly. "Just been avoiding him, which I kinda feel bad about, but he wouldn't like that I'm not sleeping, and I don't want to argue with him about it."

Cessily: "Hm, yeah, I guess you don't need him to be mothering you on top of everything else. Even though that would be kinda cute." She showed Rachel a slight smirk. "Just take care of yourself, okay? I'm kinda worrying about your lack of sleep. And you know that I could mother you worse than anyone else here at school if you give me a reason to."

rachel: "Josh. Mothering. That's an amusing thought," she snickered."I'm trying to, and I dunno about that...if Rogue knew...you'd probably have competition. You'd definitely be less scary about it though."

Cessily: Cessily poked her tongue out at Rae. "Hey, when have I ever been scary? And don't think that I wouldn't tell Rogue so that we could take turns mothering you all day long." She grinned at her friend. "So, if there's nothing we could do about your insomnia at the moment, perhaps we could do something to make the time more bearable. Movie night, for example."

rachel: Rachel cringed, "Don't think I could handle both of you. I'd rather sleep, which I suppose is the point. Hm, movie night could be fun... Wait...what kind of movies?"

Cessily: "Hehe, see? It already works." Cessily rolled her eyes in a mocking way. "What kind of movies? Oh my, boring movies of course. We're trying to get you to fall asleep, after all, so we won't watch anything that's in any way exciting." She smirked. "You know, I think there's a channel that shows you a burning fireplace all night long."

rachel: "Sad. I suppose boring things means no snacks and caffeinated products. You may as well lock me in a classroom with boring documentaries droning on," she poked her tongue out.

Cessily: "Ooh, that's an excellent idea there," Cessily commented, her face lighting up. "You could do extra assignment for class during your sleepless hours. That's fantastic. You'd eventually fall asleep from deadly boredom, and your grades would improve. Sounds like a great plan to me."

Cessily: She laughed and waved a hand at her. "Just kidding. Of course we're going to watch noisy and brainless action movies with plenty of explosions and stuff ourselves with plenty of unhealthy drink and food. We're in college, after all."

rachel: "Scary movies. Like, horribly corny ones to laugh at," she suggested with a grin and grabbed another shirt. "Your good mood is contagious, by the way. Everyone makes it easy for me to brood while talking to them."

Cessily: "That's my secret mutant power no one knows about," Cessily replied with a wry grin on her face. "I'll make you hot chocolate later as a reward for being the first to find out."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:clap I love these two together.

And i love the line about how Rachel should feel proud she couldn't be converted. HA! Yeah, that's definitely and accomplishment.

Cess would be an awesome Sith Lord.

[Edited on 24/8/08 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

*imagines Cessily talking in a ashmatic voice* "you don't know the power of the dark side..."
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com