08/28 Instance: Setting the Date

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: The day before the instances "Inebriation" and "Mario Kart".

Selene: Selene sat cross-legged in her usual chair, located in the corner of the rec room, and shuffled through a stack of notes that she had spread out in her lap. She softly sighed to herself, scribbling a few more lines in her notebook. Homework was a highly unsatisfying task.

Rogue: Rogue flew silently into the room, shooting a small smile Selene's way, with her being studious as ever. She settled on her usual spot on the couch and curled against the arm as she opened her book to read the chapter for ethics. It was nice and quiet for once and her room just wasn't as comfortable as her favorite spot on the couch.

Selene: Selene briefly looked up from her notes to give Rogue a nod. She watched her settle on the couch with a book, eventually speaking up. "Homework?"

Rogue: Rogue looked over her shoulder with a small smirk and roll of the eyes, "Ain't it always?" She laughed softly and shook her head, going back to her book. "Y'all too?"

Orlando: "You have no idea how much I agree with you, really. Marriage...not much my thing, Ray, you know?" Orlando shrugged as he walked beside his longtime friend, hands stuffed in his pockets. The money practically oozing out of this palace made him a bit tense. "I don't know what got into your aunt, but she's a hard woman to turn down." He rounded the corner and stopped, giving Raya a slant look, cocking his head at the girls in the next room

Selene: "In fact, yes," Selene replied with a quick glance at her notes. "I can't express my dislike for in such a way that it would reflect my real feelings. It's terminally boring. I hate the repetitive answering of constantly similar question." She shrugged and let out a sigh. "However, I wasn't able to talk the teachers our of it, so now I'm stuck with math homework."

Raya: Raya nodded as Orlando kept talking, wishing he'd stop long enough for her to interject... Oh, wait. He'd stopped already. "Hm? Oh, these are classmates of mine." She gestured to Selene and Rogue, now with strangely yellow hair aside from her undyable white streak. "Selene...and you've met Rogue, I think. This is Orlando." Apparently he was still just as closemouthed around girls as she remembered him being, as he only nodded.

Selene: "Hello," Selene nodded at Raya and her friend, watching the two attentively. "What brings you here," she asked after a couple of seconds, still looking at them curiously.

Rogue: Rogue looked up and smiled, then turned with a sympathetic nod towards Selene, "Yeah, if only they'd listen ta our persuasions, huh?" She grinned, then turned back to the couple in the doorway. "Hey y'all. Grab a seat."

Selene: "Or sit down somewhere," Selene added. "In case you don't feel like holding on to furniture."

Rogue: Rogue laughed at Selene and shook her head, "Sugah, ya too much."

Orlando: "Thanks." orlando did that, taking a seat gingerly on the far end of the couch from them. "Pleased to meet you two. Ray's told me a good deal about you." He looked at the girl with the yellowed hair oddly, raising a brow when he turned back to Raya. Was this place a constant halloween parade?

Rogue: Rogue screwed up her face when he eyed her hair, "It was a dare..."

Selene: "Oh, that's good to know," Selene commented with a snicker. "I simply assumed that you wanted to eat the rest of the mustard right from the bottom of the glass."

Raya: Raya snickered and shook her head at Selene, still not quite over the spork-and-plunger events of the other night. "I'm agreeing with Rogue. You are too much." As she resisted laughign at Rogue's new 'do, she tried to think of a way to tell them the good news. "don't be afraid, they won't bite, Orli."

Selene: "I hope only the most interesting and suspicious things," Selene said to Orlando, casting a glance over at Raya, as well.

Selene: "Unless asked to...," Selene added dryly.

Orlando: Alright, then.... Mistress Vampire-Wannabe was a little whacked, definitely. Orlando shook his head, at a pretty big loss for what to say back to that. "Mmm. From what I gather you two are friends of hers. And also mutants, but what sort I'm not sure. It's a pleasure." I hope. "Have you told them yet?" He asked of Raya, wanting to not have a mass of mutants gang up on him.

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Ah'd have ta be drunk, but Ah bite. A lot." She flashed Orlando a grin, then laughed some as she let it fade to her normal smile.

Orlando: Orlando paled at the rather predatory grin coming from Rainbow Brite over there... and she could just stay nicely away at arm's length, that would be fine. "Ah. I'd...have to decline, I believe."

Selene: "Yes, yes, and no," Selene replied to Orlando. "Yes, we are her friends, yes, we are mutants, and no, she hasn't told us."

Selene: Selene frowned. "Told us what, by the way?"

Rogue: "What she said. An' don't worry, sugah, thinkin' mah beau'd have a problem with me bitin' another man."

Raya: Raya shook her head, biting her lip to keep the laghter at bay. "No, I haven't told anyone yet, they've all been in classes." She patted her friend's hand lightly, reassuring him. "The marriage is officially...off. Go us." She tilted her head at her now ex-fiance with a hopeful smile.

Orlando: "She'd a tough nut to crack, figuratively speaking. But can you blame me for wanting to see my best friend taken care of?" He asked, grinning fondly.

Rogue: Rogue beamed at Raya, "Good!" Her face fell a split second later, "Oh, Ah'm so sorry, Orlando..." She frowned, a bit confused, "Ok, Ah ain't sure whether ta be excited or sad..."

Selene: "Excellent!" Selene performed a half-hearted gesture of victory and gave them both a narrow grin. "These are fantastic news, I have to say. For both of you." She looked at Raya. "You will be able to stay at the school with the rest of us..." She turned to look at Orlando, then continued. "And I won't have to stab you to prevent any marriages. See? Everyone's a winner."

Orlando: "Oh, be excited. Neither of us want to marry the other. We've only just now gotten that message through loud and clear." He sat back a little, crossing one knee over the other protectively at the stabbing comment. "Would she really stab me?" he asked furtively to Raya.

Rogue: Rogue smirked at Selene, "Ya threatened ta stab him? Now why didn't Ah think of that?" She shook her head and laughed. "Good then! Ah wanted ta be excited anyway, but woulda felt bad doin' it in front of ya if ya weren't as happy as Ah knew Raya'd be."

Raya: "Probably." She answered, turning her head. "I think it works out well. We can continue sniping at each other from across the globe, like we're used to. And I don't have to leave the school." She smiled, crossing her ankles as she brought her legs up to be mroe comfortable. "Rogue's not one to hide her emotions, you see."

Selene: "Oh, I certainly would have," Selene assured Orlando with a deliberate nod. "But that's no reason to worry. Unless I'd hold a personal grudge against you, I would have used only blunt objects."

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Not one of mah better things. 'Less it's an emotion Ah don't like. Then most people never know." She gave a pleased smile.

Selene: "Well, I'm glad that you both have turned out to be that reasonable... as far as I'm the right person to judge someone else's reason." She paused, slightly frowning. "But what about your families? From what I've heard, they wouldn't exactly be thrilled about such news."

Orlando: "Is she for real?" He blinked at the surprisingly cheery statement from Vampy.

Rogue: "Oh, Selene doesn't say somethin' 'less she means it, sugah."

Raya: "That was what took so long. Neither of them wanted to agree, or disagree peacefully." Raya hesitated momentarily before conintuing. "Let's just say I'm not Orli's parents' favorite person now." Basically ebing found out to be a mutant, a lot like the 'unpredictable and dangerous' ones on the news had suddenly made her persona non grata with her best friend's family.

Orlando: "She's the agreeable sort. As I'm sure you've found out." Orlando looked on as his would-be girl chatted and had a good time with her schoolmates, although he was a little bit apprehensive of them both. They were a bit...out there.

Rogue: Rogue frowned, "Ah'm sorry ta hear that, Raya. Wish it coulda gone better f' ya both. But at least it's finished, huh?" She set her book on the coffee table, "Y'all want some coffee or somethin'? Look like ya could use somethin'."

Selene: "Now, that was to be expected. But you had a choice to make, and you did, even though there wasn't an optimal solution." Selene watched Raya as she spoke. "Still, you went through with it. Few people are able to do that. That's very respectable."

Orlando: "It is. Coffee would be nice, thank you." Orlando nodded, preferring nto to comment on his father's choice of acceptable behavior. He put a mildly protective arm over Raya's shoulder at Selene's comment. "I'm glad you two approve."

Raya: Raya squirmed at the arm on her shoulder, though she placed her hand over his in a friendly manner. "People here are involved with each other. It's a big sort of family group. You;ll get used to it, I'm sure." After a while, who wouldn't? Raya smiled at the girls, though she declined coffee.

Rogue: Rogue smiled, "F' a bunch of us it's our only family. Take care of those ya love." She headed towards the kitchen, pausing at the door and turning to Selene, "Anythin' f' y'all hun?"

Selene: "I certainly do," Selene agreed. She shuffled the loose notes in her lap into a single stack and tucked it into her notebook. "You both maintained your freedom to explore your life as you see fit. That's what I consider very important." She thought for a second, looking at Rogue. "I would like to have a coffee, as well, please."

Rogue: Rogue nodded and headed in to make the pot.

Rogue: Once the coffee was started she came back in with a smile, "It's perkalatin'. Used some of Remy's chicory... Hope y'all don't mind... If Ah have access ta it, Ah cain't pass it up."

Selene: "Thank you," Selene replied with a small smile. "Food and drink always taste better if you take them from someone else."

Raya: Raya chuckled at that, rolling her eyes lightly. Selene was such a nut sometimes. She scooted closer to Orlando by a few inches, snugged against his side by his arm. Revision: Selene and Orlando were nuts, she thought.

Selene: "So, will you stay at the school," she asked Orlando, crossing her legs. "You and Raya appear to be close friends."

Orlando: Orlando accepted the coffee he was offered, noting Rogue wore gloves up to her elbows. Health-conscious, maybe? "Oh, not for long. I have my own studies to get back to, really. I'm staying a few days and then going back home." He smiled inwardly at Raya being snugged up to his side. "And you? Do either of you live close by?"

Selene: "I guess you could say that upstairs would fall under close," Selene answered with a soft chuckle. "We all have rooms in the mansion. Professor Xavier provides them for every student here."

Rogue: Rogue smirked, "Well, ain't like Ah'm stealin' it. He's told me Ah could have it when Ah wanted it... Though Ah have been takin' some from his kitchen when Ah go an' bringin' it in... So guess Ah am kinda..." She laughed some, "An' ya welcome."

Raya: "Yes, everyone but Remy lives in the mansion. He lives in the renovated boathouse...like I told you." She'd told Orli about TJ and her baby, and was slightly comforted by knowing he'd left a lit candle for her.

Rogue: "Him and Johnny." Rogue chewed her lip, "Haven't gone down since day before yesterday... Should probably go check on him.... Feel kinda bad 'bout it."

Orlando: "Ah, yes. I see, so you're all boarding here. For the entirety of your stay, or do you go home?" Orlando looked at the yellow-haired girl at her worried words, but he wouldn't pry any further. Yet.

Selene: "Hence the previous comment that this place provides some kind of surrogate family for a lot of students. We live close to each other most time of the year." She shrugged. "At least it's a family that you can choose yourself, contrary to the so-called normal ones. And most people leave during the free time. Though, for some it's their only home."

Rogue: Rogue glanced over and stood up, "Ah'm gonna go get that coffee... Be right back, y'all."

Raya: "He was up here last night, Rogue. He didn't sleep much..." Raya called out as the girl stood to leave. "A lot of people here didn't have the best family experiences. So they stay." She explained quietly into Orli's ear.

Rogue: Rogue looked out the window at Remy's house and chewed her lip, she hoped that he was alright. She knew Tante had taken Johnny to see TJ's parents and she felt bad for not checking on him yesterday. She stood there for a moment, before moving to get three mugs and pouring the chicory.

Selene: "I'm sure we could all pay Remy a visit sometime," Selene tossed in. "He has enough room. Besides, that way he hasn't come to us in the middle of the night and break his neck trying to enter through the kitchen window."

Raya: Raya had to giggle about that. "Yes, lest he get attacked by a spork-weilding security guard."

Rogue: Rogue brought the mugs back in and caught the end of Selene's words, "Through tha kitchen window?" She arched an eyebrow, "He needs ta practice more..." She handed one to Orlando, then took one to Selene before sitting back down and taking a large gulp of the pipping hot liquid. "Mmm."

Selene: Selene raised her eyebrows, but smirked at Raya. "Well, he can be glad that I didn't get to install some of the security devices that I have been thinking about. I take my new profession seriously."

Rogue: Rogue fixed Selene with a mock-glare, "No sporkin' mah best friend, 'kay thanks."

Orlando: "Spork-wielding what?" Orlando queried, stifling a snort. "He broke into the manse?"

Selene: "Thanks," she said to Rogue as she took the mug from her with a small smile. "I'll make sure to just use the plunger next time. Hey, perhaps I should improve it by adding super glue to it."

Rogue: "No super-glue-plungerin' mah best friend either," she snorted though.

Selene: "Gee, you really aren't allowed to have any fun during work at this place, are you?" Selene took a sip from her hot coffee. "And yes, he broke into the kitchen. He lost his keys to the front door. Or forgot how to operate a doorknob."

Rogue: "Not with mah best friends ya ain't. 'Specially that best friend. Plunge away at Bobby an' Rae if ya want." She snickered and took another drink.

Rogue: "Still, that's bad f' him... He's normally as silent as can be."

Orlando: "Oh, really? Is that his gift, then, stealth?" He held the coffee cup, still warm, in his hand and kept the other arm around Raya. "He may just be off his mark, after what's happened to him."

Selene: "Most likely," Selene commented with a slight shrug. "I can't say that I would be able to relate to his experience without first suffering a comparable loss, but it's obvious that it affects him greatly."

Rogue: "Mmmm, not exactly. He's got enhanced agility though." She shook her head, "He hasn't been really trainin' in about a year... Think Ah'm gonna drag him inta tha DR soon if he doesnt go on his own. Worried 'bout him."

Selene: Selene leaned back in her chair, taking another sip of coffee. "But I guess sooner or later I'll be able to understand how he feels. It's all just a matter of accumulating experiences."

Rogue: "Yeah... Just take it from me, it's hard losin' somebody ya love like that. Ain't lost a beau or nothin' 'cause Sam's tha first one a truly care 'bout, but Ah've lost others... Ain't easy at all..." She stared into her mug, then looked out the glass doors.

Orlando: "No. I imagine not..." Orlando watched her gaze drift out towards the lawn and nudge Raya in the side, nodding out to Rogue silently. "But losing someone you love isn't supposed to be easy. Love wouldn't mean as much if it didn't hurt like all the levels of hell to lose it."

Selene: "I bet it is," Selene replied, with a soft smile on her lips. "Still, it's hard for me to relate to this feeling of loss. TJ and I were friends, as well, but even this is incomparable to her relationship with Remy. Like I said, I'm afraid I won't be able to fully understand this emotion until I experienced it firsthand." She tilted her head sideways, thoughtfully. "Whenever this may be."

Rogue: "Mmm," Rogue agreed and nodded her head. "Think worst thing f' me with TJ, 'sides mah best friend an' nephew losin' a wife an' mother, was that she an' Ah never reconciled..."

Raya: Raya blinked and turned her head to stare at her unusually eloquent friend at that, having no idea where it came from. It was a very odd conviction to be expressed from Orli, but the meaning wasn't entirely lost on her. Especially with his arm around her waist.

Selene: "Ah, yes, I think there is wisdom to your words," Selene told Orlando with a nod. "How does the saying go? You really find out how dear things are to you only after you lost them. Apparently we can fully appreciate things only after that has happened."

Selene: She frowned as an idea crossed her mind. I should break Rachel's favourite CDs as her next birthday present. That way, Rachel would appreciate them even more than she did now.

Orlando: "Yes, but that sentiment is applicable mainly to those people who do not live for the moment. As I'm sure most of you do. After all you never know when someone very unhappy with you could hurt you. As some of you are quite....outstanding." Orlando said, sipping his coffee slowly as it was still hot.

Rogue: Rogue laughed a bit bitterly and tucked her legs up under her as she leaned on the arm of the couch, "Yeah." She took another drink, "So how're ya likin' it here this time of year, Orlando?"

Selene: "Oh, yes, I guess you could say that much," Selene replied. "I try to learn something new from every experience, at least. Whether someone one call them good or bad doesn't really matter to me."

Raya: Raya elbowed Orlando none too gently at the comment, sending him a look just this side of a glare.

Orlando: "It's a bit too chilly for me, as I prefer warmer weather, but New York is an interesting place." He twitched at the eblow to his side, capturing Raya's arm, and having to resist wanting to tickle her.

Rogue: "Yeah, it's a bit chilly f' me too, but it's better now, comin' inta spring, than durin' tha winter." She didn't say anything about Raya's elbow to Orlando's side, her eyebrow lifting for the briefest of seconds.

Selene: Selene had opened her notebook again and started to make a list of well liked things that she could break or take away in order to make their respective owners appreciate them even more, thereby undoubtedly doing them an immense favour. "I think I'm now entirely new understanding of the concept of the kobold, and what they're doing for us."

Raya: "Um. I don't think he means you should be breaking other people's things. Just that it applies to love. You know, intangible things." Raya couldn't exactly free her arm from the grip it was being kept in, but she managed to loosen it enough to feel her fingertips again.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow at Selene, "Kobold? Sugah, just what are y'all plannin' in that notebook of y'alls that's brownie like?"

Selene: Well, that would have to be found out by conducting some experiments, she thought at Raya's remark. "Ah, nothing special," she replied. "Just a list of gifts for other people. I simply want to do them something good."

Rogue: Rogue gave her a suspicious look but let it fade into a smile, "That's real nice of ya, sugah." She took a large swallow of her chicory and propped her chin on her hand.

Orlando: Orlando gave a subdued grin as Raya twisted her arm in his hand, chuckling. "You're not getting loose, you know." He patted her head, leaving her to give him a flat look.

Rogue: Rogue smirked at Orlando, "Like ta keep her close, huh?" She snickered at the pat, "Aww, ain't it cute."

Raya: "I hate you both." Raya squirmed and stuck her tongue out at Orli, pulling her arm away and rubbing her elbow.

Rogue: Rogue barked a laugh at that, "Oh, no, sugah. Very much tha opposite. Should go get Cess' camera f' tha look on ya face though."

Selene: "I'm disappointed that I'm not hated," Selene tossed in, a smirk showing on her lips. She sighed. "Apparently I must be doing something right then. Or wrong. I'm not sure."

Orlando: "Yes, I do. It mostly keeps her out of what trouble she wants to get into." He only grinned at the tongue and the look on her face, taking pity and letting her go for a moment before he pulled her back and enveloped her in a tight hug. "I doubt she really hates anyone. She just says it."

Selene: Selene tilted her head sideways, a quizzical expression showing on her face. "Really? I had no idea that Rays likes to get into trouble."

Raya: "I don't. He's making it up to fool you."

Selene: "Ah, I see." Selene nodded slowly, then put her cup down with a chuckle. "And I had already gotten my hopes up."

Rogue: Rogue shook her head and finished her chicory, setting the mug on the table. "Everybody gets inta some kind of trouble."

Orlando: Orli chuckled. "True, they do. Raya doesn't get into as much of it as she ought to, though. She's always been good, long as I've known her."

Orlando: He loosened his hug and returned to the comfortable side-by-side position, setting down his coffee cup as Raya rearranged herself neatly.

Selene: "Well, I guess it's about time to try and change that then," Selene recommended, showing a wry smile.

Rogue: Rogue nodded in agreement with Selene, "It's about time ya became a lil corrupted. Been here nearly a whole school year an' ya ain't been corrupted yet..."

Orlando: "They're right. You should be a little corrupted." He gave her cheek a tiny rub with his own, having to bend to get to her level.

Raya: Raya blushed. "You need to go back to your hotel room now. Before you embarrass me any more." Her cheeks were hot already and she nearly pushed him away, embarrassed to hvae him be so familiar around people she had to see everyday.

Selene: "Don't worry," Selene told Orlando. "We can continue to embarrass her in your absence."

[Edited on 29-8-08 by Starfish]
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Rogue: Rogue looked up and smiled, then turned with a sympathetic nod towards Selene, "Yeah, if only they'd listen ta our persuasions, huh?" She grinned, then turned back to the couple in the doorway. "Hey y'all. Grab a seat."

Selene: "Or sit down somewhere," Selene added. "In case you don't feel like holding on to furniture."
Oh, much love.

Great instance you guys.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

She frowned as an idea crossed her mind. I should break Rachel's favourite CDs as her next birthday present. That way, Rachel would appreciate them even more than she did now.
I fucking love Selene!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS