8/29 Instance: Bling-o-phile

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline: current

Josh: Josh opened his eyes slowly. His neck felt stiff and sore as he raised his head and squinted in the bright light of the library. Sitting back in his chair, he stretched his arms and wondered for how long he'd slept.

Josh: That's what I get for thinking psychobiology might be remotely interesting. He heaved a rueful sigh and stared at the fat textbook open in front of him. It was interesting material, just... dry writing.

rachel: Rachel blew out a breath as she entered the library, internally cursing herself at the sight of Josh. Of course trying to avoid him in the library was not smart at all. This was just another sign she needed sleep. Homework was one way of getting sleep though, and that was bound to happen since it was the library... or if Josh somehow convinced her to...

rachel: She dropped her stuff down on the table and plopped down in the chair next to him.

Josh: In spite of just waking up, Josh grinned brightly as his girlfriend took a seat beside him. "Hey you," he said, leaning towards her. "Kiss for the poor?"

rachel: "Hey," she smiled, giving him a quick peck. "What are you doing? ...Well, obviously boring things since you're in here..."

Josh: "I was studying," Josh replied. "For a class - Introduction to Naptime. And you?"

rachel: "Yeah, was getting ready to study for that class too," Rachel smirked.

Josh: "Great, we can study together. We can be study buddies." Yawning, Josh leaned his head against Rachel's shoulder. "So what have you been up to? Please tell me it's more riveting than psychobio."

rachel: She rested her head against his, closing her eyes. "Walking around like a zombie. I think my brain has finally given up on me. Moon has a crush on me, talked to Cess about it. Otherwise, I'm not much more exciting than your homework."

Josh: "... Rewind about three seconds there." Josh put an arm around her and moved to look at her. "Who has a crush on you?" He tried very hard to keep the growl out of his voice.

rachel: Rachel shifted to lean against him, snickering. "Moon. The girl that's dead...but isn't..."

Josh: Josh allowed that to sink in for a moment. "So she... approached you about this?" he asked uncomfortably. If only it were Ben or... anyone else. He couldn't sock a girl, let alone a (sort of) dead one.

rachel: "Well, she told me she thought I was cute." She rolled her eyes, "Not like you have anything to worry about..."

Josh: He relaxed at that. "Of course she thinks you're cute. You're very cute," he said, squeezing her shoulders. "I hope you turned her down gently," he added, an amused smile crossing his lips.

rachel: "Well, of course you think I'm cute. And...kinda? I really fail miserably when it comes to girls liking me, and she walked away before I could really say anything, but I talked to Cess about it."

Josh: Josh nodded. "Taking the matter to Cess the Shrink always helps me." He grinned. "So is that why you're tired? Too stressed out over being so popular with the females? I wonder what it is you have that I don't..."

rachel: "I won't go there..." she grinned back and shrugged a bit, "Just haven't been sleeping well."

Josh: "Why not?" Josh asked, his mind flashing back to a time when sleeping was not only hard for her, but terrifying. He dropped his voice to a whisper. "It's not the nightmares again, is it?"

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip, "A little. They're not as bad, but they still suck. It's just been around a year, so I'm sorta freaking out."

Josh: "Have you talked to McCoy about it?" Josh asked, voice soft with concern. He massaged her shoulder gently with his thumb. "I wish I could take them from you." He stared guiltily at his free hand.

rachel: "They'll get better eventually. And, I have sleeping pills that I guess I could take if I really had to..."

Josh: "Sure. If you really had to." Josh pushed back his chair and stood up. "Do you want to do something?" he asked abruptly. "Go somewhere? See a movie? Shopping? Anything?"

rachel: She frowned as he moved, "Is sleep an option? Movie wouldn't be too bad, but I'd rather just watch one in the rec room..."

Josh: "Sure, sure," Josh said quickly. "Whatever you want. I just feel like I haven't seen much of you lately. Even if you're sleeping, I can still stare dreamily at you."

rachel: "Sorry. Haven't been all that social lately." Rachel got up and grabbed Josh's hand, moving to lean against him again, "You choose the movie."

Josh: "But I'll pick something ridiculously gooey and sentimental," he immediately protested, breathing in the scent of her hair, her citrusy shampoo. Having her so close to him clouded his senses. He closed his eyes. "I'll suggest The Notebook or You've Got Mail, something like that."

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes, "I won't really care if I fall asleep, and if I choose something it'll be creepy like Wicked Little Things or Children of the Corn."

Josh: Josh shuddered. "I've never heard of either of those, but if they're your idea of a good time, I'm wary." His arm still draped around her shoulder, he started leading her out of the library. "Want popcorn?"

rachel: "You've never seen Children of the Corn? I can get the other, but how haven't you seen that?" she shook her head. ""If there is any, I guess. Doesn't really matter."

Josh: He groaned. "I guess we're watching Children of Corn then," he laughed. "Well, I'm hungry, so let's detour to the kitchen. Maybe if I throw enough kernels at you, you'll actually grant me a smile."

rachel: "I never said we had to watch it. If you wanna watch some cheesy chick flick, feel free." A smirk found its way to her face, "Well, at least we'd be destroying the rec room and not my room."

Josh: "Chick flick is such a derogatory term," Josh retorted. "I prefer 'emotionally-enhanced film.' Aha!" He stuck a finger in the air between her eyes. "You smiled! I knew the thought of potential destruction would light you up."

rachel: "Pfft, they're all the same," Rachel rolled her eyes and shoved the door to the kitchen open. "I smiled when I sat down next to you. Not my fault if you didn't notice. The shininess of you and Cess must have some affect on me since the only time I've been really amused lately is with you two."

Josh: "Of course. Shiny things are a common weakness. Probably even documented. I think they call people like you 'bling-o-philes.'"

Josh: He rummaged around in the cupboard and emerged with two packets of popcorn. "Kettlecorn or the traditional stuff?"

rachel: "Kettlecorn," she replied. "Or maybe you and Cess just have this thing for emo kids."
Josh: Josh put the kettlecorn in the microwave. "I think I might just have a thing for cute girls who treat me like gold."

Josh: While the microwave hummed, Josh wrapped his arms around Rae and kissed her full and deep. "If you don't believe I love you after that, I'm going to join a monastery."

rachel: Slipping her arms around him, Rachel returned the kiss and grinned. "I've always believed you loved me. Don't need convincing...though I wouldn't complain if you kept trying," she mumbled.

Josh: "Then maybe I'll just have to do that," Josh mumured, nuzzling her neck. The microwave beeped, but he ignored it in favor of kissing her again. He ran his hands through her hair and whispered, "I love you like flowers love rain."

rachel: "I love you too, but now we're definitely watching Children of the Corn because that was so corny it was slightly painful," she tilted her head up slightly to kiss him.

Josh: "... Do you smell smoke?" Josh winced and turned to stare at the microwave, where the kettlecorn was on the verge of exploding. "... Oops?"

rachel: Rachel glanced around her boyfriend at the microwave and snickered, "I can honestly say I didn't do it this time!"

Josh: "Figures that's what you say instead of helping me!" Josh lunged at the microwave and yanked open the door. Smoke poured out and filled the kitchen. Coughing, Josh retrieved the bag of kettlecorn. "Too bad I can't heal food," he sighed sadly, just as the sprinklers went off.

rachel: Her face scrunched at the smoke and water. Burnt popcorn really sucked. "There's always the other bag? I'm not sure how smart it'd be though since you've failed already..."

Josh: "It's okay. We'll eat carrot sticks. Those are more healthy for you anyway.Can you do something about the sprinklers?" he implored.

rachel: "Wha fun is healthy food? There at least has to be candy or something somewhere." She thought for a moment, "Without destroying them in the process?"

Josh: "... Preferably, yes." Josh rolled his eyes. "Not that it matters at this point. I already look like I jumped in the lake with my clothes on."

rachel: "And I don't look like you dragged me in with you?" Rachel poked her tongue out at him. "I say we just leave them. They'll go off eventually, I think, and we can always clean after the movie..."

Josh: "Someone's going to know it was me," Josh lamented as he obediently staggered out of the kitchen. "Someone's going to know it, track me down and skin me alive."

rachel: "Nah, they'll just think it was me since it's a well-known fact that I couldn't cook to save my life," she shot him a grin before following him to the rec room.

Josh: "Ah. Hadn't thought of that." Josh perked up and grinned. "Okay, then. It's all good."
rachel: "Thanks. Good to know you'd let them skin me alive." Rachel eyed the DVD cases, searching for the movie.

Josh: "You could hold them off, easy-peasy," Josh pointed out. "Me? All I could do is bear with it, and then grow a new skin afterward." He shuddered and flopped down on the couch.

rachel: She put the movie in and grabbed the remote, falling onto the couch and resting her head in Josh's lap. "While I hold them off, you could run," she grinned up at him.
Josh: Josh nodded. "Yup. I'll grab some horses, and you can jump out a window and land on one and we'll gallop off into the sunset together."

rachel: Rachel cringed as she hit play, closing her eyes. Sleeping for a while would be okay. Josh wouldn't let anything happen to her, and he'd wake her up... "Exactly how many of these corny movies do you watch?"

Josh: "Anything and everything with Anne Hathaway," Josh smirked. "I especially loved her in Devil Wears Prada. Meryl Streep was such a jerk to her." He heaved a dramatic sigh, slung his arm around Rae's shoulders, and faced the TV screen.

rachel: "I wish I hadn't asked," she shook her head.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Josh is such a corn dog!

Still, loved it. G'job Elixir and Phoenix!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Woohoo! Finally more good Josh/Rae crack. I needed my fix of that. It's great to see those two together again. They're so adorable. :D

And welcome back, Feuer! We missed you a lot. :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

YAY! :dance soo cute! love those two! :D

...Introduction to Naptime... WANT THAT CLASS!
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone