09/07 Instance: King Takes Queen

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

timeline April 4th

Elizabeth: Lizzie rolled over so she was on her stomach, burrowing into the cushions of the large couch, popping another malteaser into her mouth. Her attention remained fixed on the massive tv screen. Oh, Orlando Bloom had never looked quite so good. Well. Maybe back when it had been on in the cinema, but that had been a real zoo...

Elizabeth: The action flicked to hobbity times and she gave a snicker, Bless...Glancing at the clock, she bit her lip; Sebastian should be back soon. She hoped it was good news...And that he liked Lord of the Rings...

Shaw: Sebastian of course knew Elizabeth was in his apartment before he ever tapped in the code for the front door, but he hadn't expected an epic and fictional battle in his living room. Before he had the opportunity to yell over the din, the movie -- he was hoping it was a movie and not some new band she might take up playing -- silenced itself.

Shaw: He peered around the corner and saw her on the sofa, then glanced at the foppish boys on the screen. "I didn't know you were so attracted to hairy feet."

Elizabeth: "Hmm? Oh, I like Pippin and Merry but I prefer the elves...Think I'd make a good elf," sitting up, Lizzie gave him a smirk and turned so she was sat facing him. He looked in a good enough mood...

Shaw: He squinted at her speculatively. "I could see elf, I suppose. It's a shame your mutation didn't include ear points then." Sebastian removed his suit jacket and loosened his tie, dropping the bag containing his ceremonial robe onto the floor before he joined her.

Elizabeth: "Well I could make people think I had ear points at least," swivelling around again, Lizzie gave a curious glance towards the bag before settling back on the couch, letting her head drop so it rested lightly on his shoulder.

Shaw: "Quite true, and probably more convenient, considering the current social climate." Sebastian snaked his arm around her shoulders. "We needn't worry about Buckman anymore."

Elizabeth: She tensed a little, looking up at him. "What happened?" she couldn't say it wasn't a relief to be told that after worrying about it, but still...

Shaw: "The Lord Imperial was, as expected, less than pleased with Buckman's treachery. It's best for both of us we not delve too deeply into his punishment." Sebastian smiled darkly.

Elizabeth: "Putting it like that is going to make me feel guilty you know..." Lizzie gave him a look.

Shaw: "There is no need for guilt. He chose to disregard the oaths he freely took when joining the Inner Circle." He toyed with a lock of her long hair. "The truth would have come to the surface someday, you just sped the process."

Elizabeth: "I suppose, once you put it like that. But still, talking about punishments and everything, it's just disconcerting," picking up her bag of malteasers, she offered it to him, taking one for herself.

Elizabeth: "I can't stop thinking about the vote...I know what the result will be, you don't need to be a precog to know it will get passed."

Shaw: Sebastian paused in taking a candy. "Yes... I'm afraid with one faction of the Circle working against the other, we've quite managed to cancel out our influence on the outcome. This time."

Elizabeth: She shuddered a little. "It could have ended badly, so in that way I'm glad I found out what I did, but still...I suppose it's just my moral streak."

Elizabeth: "What else happened tonight?"

Shaw: Ah, morals. Sebastian popped the candy into his mouth with an enigmatic smile. "The Lord Imperial was most pleased with your performance, and the loyalty it implies."

Elizabeth: "If that's true, then why hasn't he thanked me personally?" she returned the smile, then looked back at the screen to snicker at Gollum, before glancing back at Sebastian. "And I've always been loyal to my causes, friends. I can't help it."

Shaw: "He will thank you personally, shortly. Should you accept his offer." He took another piece of candy and chewed it slowly until her attention wandered back to him. "Our new circumstances have opened up several seats on the Inner Circle."

Elizabeth: "Offer?" her attention was firmly fixed on him at that. She licked a smudge of melted chocolate off her finger. "Oh, lovely, now you're going back to being sly and secretive. Or do you think I like that?" leaning in closer, she gave his earlobe a gentle nip.

Shaw: "Well, didn't you just prove that for me?" He smirked. "Higher seats, Elizabeth." Sebastian leaned down to unzip the bag and remove his cloak. The embroidered crown on the breast caught the light from the television. "I believe you might have seen this before."

Elizabeth: Trailing her non chocolately finger down the emblem, she looked up at him. "I should curtsy to you now when I bring your coffee at the office?"

Shaw: "That would force me to get up and bow to you then." He retrieved the other cloak from the bag and laid it in her lap. "So, I don't think that would be necessary."

Elizabeth: Straightening the folds out, Lizzie's eyes widened as she saw the more feminine crown of the Queen rank in glistening, silvery white. "Oh...Well. Now that sort of ruins the surprise I'd have gotten...I take it you wanted to be the one to tell me?"

Elizabeth: Standing up, Lizzie wrapped the robe around her and gave a small twirl.

Shaw: "I take it this means you accept?" Sebastian smiled, letting his eyes rove. Fit her well. "The Lord Imperial thought it fitting I deliver his invitation. The ceremony will be held shortly, once arrangements can be made and once this nasty business with the election is over."

Elizabeth: "I've come this far, so why turn this chance down?" Lizzie asked him, tweaking the robe before heading towards the bathroom to use the large mirror in there. "This way we can both make sure none of this ever happens again. It's safer."

Shaw: "Indeed. There will be much work to do." He followed her to the bathroom, leaving his own robe behind on the sofa. "We are not the only advancements, but with our seats empty I believe it would be beneficial to search for other mutants interested in... what is this?" He picked up a bit of pink plastic from his vanity.

Elizabeth: "That would make the most sense..." giving her hair a fluff in the mirror, Lizzie looked at his reflection in the mirror and turned, snickering as she took it from him. "It's one of those things you use to take off hair removal cream. I hate the stuff but it doesn't mark at least."

Shaw: "So it's a razor then? Of sorts. Without a blade." He stared at it in fascination before she took it, then poked at the various other feminine products that seemed to be multiplying in his bathroom.

Elizabeth: "Basically. No nicks. I don’t like waxing either as that can scar sometimes, plus I'm not paying to have some hairy woman named Hilda from Eastern Europe yank strips off me with a pleased smile on her face. It's really not pleasant."

Shaw: Sebastian made a sour face and shook himself from part of that image, instead slipping behind her to watch her in the mirror. "Hmm. My Queen." He set his hands on her hips and arched a brow.

Elizabeth: Unable to keep a straight face, she giggled a little, leaning back against him. "Oh I think I could get used to that."

Shaw: "You're going to have me calling you that all the time now, aren't you?" He chuckled, sliding his arms around her.

Elizabeth: "Maybe, my King," she teased him in response. "Don't say that you don't find it pleasing to your ears in return..."

Shaw: "Oh, I wouldn't say that at all." He leant down to brush his lips over her hair as he spoke, settling just below her ear.

Elizabeth: "And I didn't even need to read your mind," she smiled, tilting her head up to kiss him lightly.

Elizabeth: Pulling away, she tugged the robe off. "Though I'd best put this to one side before I crease it..." Lizzie remarked, giving it a little shake out.

Shaw: "Hmm, perhaps you have imported some of those padded satin hangers by now? You could make use of them to keep your cloak in shape." He stepped back to let her fuss with it.

Elizabeth: "Well there is one that has a dressing gown on it...I suppose I can put it on there and wear the gown for now so it doesn't spoil by going on the floor or anything."

Elizabeth: She poked at a small side table by the door, picking up some hair grips from a small dish and put them in her mouth. "Mmph, I need to get some more conditioner tomorrow," she remembered as she grabbed her brush as well, making for the door.

Shaw: Finding himself trailing her again, he decided commenting on how comfortable she'd made herself wouldn't end well. "Of course, my queen," he replied, picking up his own robe from the sofa.

Elizabeth: "Either that or I go about with scruffy hair," Lizzie shrugged as she hunted for her dressing gown. She'd tried to keep everything in a neat corner and to the minimum, so it was easily found and changed into it, putting her hair up. She draped her Hellfire robe on the hanger. "Do you want me to put yours on here with it? Or do you have your own padded hangers hidden away?"

Shaw: "Oh, I think mine will manage on its old hanger. In fact, it can hang on top of the old one, so the padding is ready made." He grinned disarmingly and tossed the robe on a bedside chair, then lifted his tie off over his head.

Elizabeth: "Oh now you surely can't be that lazy," she put her hands on her hips. "In that case I think I'll go watch the rest of my film..."

Shaw: Sebastian tilted his head, pausing in unbuttoning his shirt. "I see you already have the royal sass ready to go," he teased. He finished unbuttoning as he stalked toward her. "It can wait. Other things, however..."

Elizabeth: "I was born with this 'royal sass'," Lizzie paused and turned around to face him, leaning in the door frame. "I see you're using it as an excuse to work on the bossy, impatient behaviour."

Shaw: "Oh, I was born with that," he said, grinning wickedly as he closed in on her.

Elizabeth: "Of course you were. Like I said, it's just a good excuse. I suppose the film can wait," she made a show of rolling her eyes as if she was hard done by and slipped around him.

Shaw: "Don't you just know how to make a monarch feel special?" He closed the bedroom door behind her, peeling off his shirt. "Though... you can make it up to me. Have I ever shown you the swing?"
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Ooooooooh.

This fills me with joy.

And also a very loud snort of laughter at the end. Swing indeed.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

....the swing?

anyway, love this!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator