09/15 Instance: It's For Your Own Protection

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Warlock: Warlock slung the bag that contained his 'comission' as it were over his shoulder and gave Selene a warm smile, "So, where do you want to put these ones then, selffriendSelene?"

Selene: Selene tapped a finger against her chin with a thoughtful expression on her face. "Well, I have a few ideas already," she muttered. A moment later, she gave Warlock a small smile. "There are a few places that require increased monitoring. I would say we start with the main hallways and public places like the kitchen and the rec room."

Warlock: Warlock nodded, "Of course, as such a keen member of the school's security team self is sure that you know best," he smiled again, "self will also make sure that they are hooked up to all the others we have installed and you can monitor them from your laptop."

Selene: "Excellent," Selene replied with a nod. "And thank you. I'm simply taking my job with the necessary seriousness. My fellow students entrusted me with their very safety, and I shall do my best to not disappoint them." The small smile returned. "Besides, from what I've heard, you're doing a very good job on the infiltration team, as well."

Warlock: Warlock's smile widened, "Thank you, self is enjoying the training, though ... self must confess," he reached out his hand and took hers, "self would much rather be on the same team as you."

Selene: Selene held his hand and smirked. "Oh, I bet you would. Though, I'm not so sure if that would be exactly beneficial to our attention and alertness." She pointed at the bag that he carried. "However, I'm pretty sure that we could be very effective if we combined our fields of expertise. Thank you for providing these cameras."

Warlock: Warlock shrugged, "It was little effort, ProfessorForge always has spare parts lying around that he does not seem to take heed off, and it took self a matter of seconds to design them and," he held up his free hand and morphed his fingers into a set of screwdrivers, "only slightly longer to build. If self might make a suggestion, the kitchen and surrounding area's are currently empty of students, we should install the camera's now."

Selene: "You make such a great tool," Selene commented, chuckling. "In an entirely good way, of course." Selene gave a determined nod. "Yes, I agree. It's better if we're not seen while we install the them. They would hardly understand that this is simply meant for their own protection. Okay, let's go."

Selene: Selene led the way, laughing and shaking her head in disbelief as she glanced back at Warlock. "In the end they would even go as far as accuse us of spying on them."

Warlock: Warlock shrugged, "Well ... you would be the only one who has access to the cameras, and self will monitor them to make sure they are not hacked, and it is your job so why should there be any issue? Considering that the school has been breached three times already self would think that this is a necessary measure."

Selene: "Oh, I fully agree with you. There are many miscreants out there, any one can never be wary enough. It's just that most people can get terribly sensitive where their private sphere is concerned." She looked over her shoulder to give Warlock an impish grin. That's why we also shouldn't hurry to tell our team leader of this little project. We could just file it under personal hobbies for now."

Warlock: Warlock opened the door to the kitchen for Selene and let her go in first, "Indeed, so how many do you want in here and where?" He kissed her cheek, gently.

Selene: Selene showed a quick smirk at the kiss, before focusing on the task at hand again. "I guess two should be enough to monitor the entire room." She paced through the kitchen and looked around. "Perhaps on top of the cupboards, so they can oversee any activity and we can conceal them with some clutter. Oh, and one in the pantry, as well."

Warlock: "As you say, you are the expert here after all selffriendSelene," he said, going over to the cupboards and putting the bags down, taking out one of the cameras and looking around to plan out the wiring, "Perhaps you should keep an eye out, to make sure that no one finds us."

Selene: "Very well," Selene agreed and headed over to the door leading to the rec room. She opened it a bit and peeked into the other room. "I'll make sure to distract everyone who comes by." She looked back at Warlock. "I guess the cameras will need regular maintenance, won't they?"

Warlock: "Oh yes," Warlock said as he set about with the wiring, "but self can handle it, perhaps doing it late at night when there is no one else about, do not worry."

Selene: "Ah, this should work then. Besides, I figure that it would be an excellent training for you sneaking skills." The other students seemed to be busy with whatever they were doing, because no one was to be seen. Selene watched Warlock set up the cameras, then nodded appreciatively. "This looks good so far. I doubt they'll be discovered unless the others know what they're looking for."

Warlock: "Since you've picked out where they will be placed, I'm sure no one will notice, you are so good at sneaking, hopefully self will be as good as you," he finished the wireing and went to the pantry to set up the second camera. "Still all clear?"

Selene: Selene paced between both doors and quickly checked. "I don't see anyone. So we should be safe." She turned to Warlock. "It's all experience in my case. But I have no doubts that you will be just as good in a short while. However, I'd gladly give you good advice on being sneaky, if you think it would be necessary."

Warlock: "Self could take all the advice self could get, self wants to be the best self possibly can be," he set about connecting the camera's up to the mainframe he'd already set up, "self owes so much to the school, self just wants an opotunity to pay the school back." He concealed the wireing as best he could, "This is another way of self to pay back the school, helping keep it and everyone else safe."

Selene: "That's an ambitious goal," Selene replied, then thought about what Warlock had said. "I would be content if I could even decide on what I actually want to become. But that's an interesting way to see it. And I guess you're right. We owe this place something in return for letting us stay here and sharing all these things with us."

Selene: She chuckled. "I wouldn't say that I'm the person who always dutifully pays back her debts, but I can see the advantage of keeping this place safe - and convincing the others that it's beneficial to keep me around. After all, the longer it stays that way, the longer I'll befit from a free room and access to the pantry."

Warlock: Warlock laughed, "Well, that is one way to look at it, and it all comes down to the same thing, and everyone benefits," he stepped back and looked up at the cameras, "these are all set up, where do you want to go nexr?"

Selene: "Good work," Selene remarked and stepped over to Warlock to give him a kiss on the cheek. "We could continue with the rec room, seeing that it's only next door from here and currently unoccupied. I think a single camera should work to keep it under supervision. We'll also need a couple of cameras for the hallways upstairs."

Warlock: "Good thinking, lead on," Warlock bowed to her, then looked thoughtful, "Does the security team get a uniform also?" He asked casually.

Selene: Selene poked her head into the rec room to make sure that no one had walked in while they had been busy in the kitchen, then stepped inside. "Yes, we do. We've been given the uniforms with the team colours not long ago. They look just like the basic training ones, except that there's some gold to them. To be honest, I preferred the standard black ones."

Warlock: Warlock grinned to himself, "Since this is a ... X-Men sort of mission don't you think we should be doing it in uniform, mine has pink on it you know." He gave her an innocent look.

Selene: Selene gave him a lock, a lopsided smile on her lips. "Pink, you say? That makes mine outright fashionable in comparison." She tilted her head to the side and thought about this suggestion. "Well, we'd definitely make people suspicious if we're spotted sneaking around the mansion in our uniforms, but on the other hand, it would be a nice incentive to not get caught in the first place."

Selene: "So, why not?" She shrugged and looked back at Warlock. "We'd have to stop by the lockers and get changed."

Warlock: Warlock grinned, "Self doesn't," he shifted his clothes to his team uniform and looking down at the pink piping, "What do you think? Is pink self's colour?" He waggled his eyebrows at her.

Selene: Selene frowned, looking Warlock up and down. "Well, pink can look good in combination with black. So, I'd say it suits you. It certainly fits your innocent demeanor." She gave him a wry grin and placed another kiss on his cheek. "I'm afraid I won't be able to change that fast. So, if you'd be willing to wait for me."

Warlock: Warlock kept up the innocent look, "Maybe self could assist you in getting into your uniform? That is what friends do after all, help each other." He gave her a wink to show he was joking.

Selene: "Oh, I'm sure that you'd be willing to make this sacrifice and do all that you could to help me in this terribly complex task," Selene retorted, the amusement audible in her voice. She trailed a finger down his chest as she leaned closer to kiss him on the lips. "If you're well-behaved, I might let you install one of the cameras first before I get changed."

Warlock: Selene touching his chest like that sent a pleasent shiver up his spine, and he smiled broadly at her, "Oh? What else have you seen on the cameras I installed for you then?"

Selene: Selene frowned slightly. "Not much yet. They'll have to run for a while to record anything of interest. And then one will have to go through all the material first and look for it." She put on a small face and patted Warlock on the shoulder. "What I meant is that I'd let you try them out to see if they work, while I go and put on my uniform."

Warlock: Warlock laughed and ducked his head to press a quick kiss to her lips, "Self will test the cameras for you while you get changed, though self is sure that they'll work fine for you, self made sure to do a good job on them."

Selene: "Oh, I'm sure you did," Selene replied, smiling slightly. She reached into Walock's bag and pulled one of the small devices out. "While I'm down there, I could set this one up in the basement hallway. If you'd show me hot to switch it on." She held the camera up. "Or maybe just switch it on already and I'll simply hide it somewhere."

Warlock: Warlock smiled, "No, self will show you, they are your camera's after all," he stood behind her and covered her hands with his own, "It's quite simple really, you just flip this little switch here," he pressed her finger down on the button, "See?"

Selene: "Easy enough," she commented. "Thank you." She turned her head to look at him. "I should be going now to place this somewhere and get my uniform. And you should try to not get caught doing anything suspicious until I'm back."

Warlock: "Suspicious? Self? Surely no one would suspect anyone as innocent as self to be doing anything suspicious, just hurry up then." He watched her leave hooked himself up to the camera feed to check out the kitchen, everything seemed to be in order ...

Warlock: He noticed another camera suddenly come online and went to check it out, it must be the one that Selene set up in ... the ... oh my!

Warlock: He blushed bright red and logged off, Selene hadn't set it up in the hall, she'd set it up in the locker room and it had come online just as she was getting changed. Automatically Warlock gulped, she'd had on some sort of see though black ladies thing ... bra on and .... uhh .. wow.

Selene: A couple of minutes later, Selene walked back into the rec room, now dressed in her brand-new security uniform. She had set up the camera in the basement hallway before she had headed back up again. "How are the cameras working so far," she asked Warlock. This time it was her turn to act all innocent. "I hope there haven't been any unexpected malfunctions."

Warlock: "Uhh ..." Oh dear, should he tell her or shouldn't he? What would she think? He knew enough to know that watching a girl getting changed on a camera, even if it was accidental, was a very, very bad thing to do, "Uhh ... fine. Fine. They are all functioning adaquetly!" He squeaked.

Selene: "Excellent, that's great news," she commented, crossed the room towards him and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. Selene tilted her head and looked at Warlock with a frown. "You seem to be nervous. Is there anything wrong? We haven't been found out, have we?"

Warlock: "Oh, uh ... n-negative," Warlock flushed and ran his tumb down the gold piping on her arm, "You ... you do look very good, selffriendSelene, but self thinks that maybe you suit gold as much as self suits pink." He smiled nervously as he tried to change the subject.

Selene: "Oh, good good." Selene took a step back and looked down herself. "Thank you. I have to admit that I actually like this uniform more than expected. It's better than I thought it would be." She made a face. "Though, I doubt that I'll be able to reconcile with the idea that I'm looking identical to everyone else on my team. I prefer uniqueness."

Warlock: Warlock smiled, glad that she'd dropped the question ... though now he was wondering why she'd installed a camera in the girl's changing room and if he should be worried, "Well, identical dress does form a bond of unity between people since humans are esencially pack animals, so self can see the purpose that the uniforms serve," he stroked down her arm, "but you will be unique no matter what selffriendSelene," he gently tapped her forehead

Selene: "Oh, I certainly try to be," she replied with a faint smile. She quickly reached up and caught his hand at her forehead, taking it in hers. "And as long as we're not forced to get our heads shaved like they do with those military recruits, I'll survive by keeping my individual hairstyle." She gestured at the bag he carried. "Shall we continue to install the cameras now?"

Warlock: "Though perhaps braiding seashell's into it might be a bad idea when we're on offical X-Men buisness," Warlock chuckled and squeezed her hand before letting it go, "And affirmative, we should before we are discovered, where do you want the rest of them?"

Selene: "Braiding seashells into my hair is too much hassle to do it at any other time but very special occasions," Selene replied, chuckling. "Well, I thought that we should focus on the places where people can enter the building, like windows and doors on the ground floor. And the main hallways on the other floors."

Warlock: Warlock nodded, "Good thinking, and may self make a suggestion? We should look into the roof also incase any potential invaders are sky-bourne, don't you think?"

Selene: Selene's face lit up and she nodded. "Ah, that's a good idea. I didn't even think of that. It's essential to be prepared for flying mutants or parachuting ninjas. One can learn a lot about these things by watching Mission Impossible."

Warlock: Warlock beamed, "Indeed, the movie channel has been very instructive, if you want self could fly over the building and look for possible points of entry?"

Selene: "Yes, this would be helpful," Selene nodded again and reached into the bag to grab a few of the small cameras. "I can set these up on the ground floor in the meantime." She stuffed them into the equipment pouches of her uniform. "By the way, did you receive the camera's signal from all the way down at the locker room," she asked casually, hiding the grin on her face.

Warlock: Ah! Oh crap! Warlock did his best to keep his face neutural, "Hmm? The camera? Oh affirmative, that one is hooked up," he said carefully, it wasn't lying ... it was just not telling the whole truth.

Selene: Selene looked up again and grinned at Warlock. "You're strangely adorable while being nervous. I know that you saw me down there. I could tell from your reaction." She closed the distance between them and put her arms around his hip. "But don't worry. You did nothing wrong. I set you up to mess with you."

Warlock: Warlock gulped automatically, up thise close she did look very good in her uniform, "Oh ... self is relieved then, self was worried that maybe it was an accident and that you'd be insulted but ... umm ... why would you do that?" He asked nervously.

Selene: Selene put on a confused expression and tilted her head sideways. "Because I'm me," she explained with a shrug. "Teasing people is one of my hobbies. And, to be perfectly honest, I was curious to see your reaction."

Warlock: "Teasing?" Warlock gave a nervouse smile, "What movies have you been studying now, selffriendSelene? And ... what interesting new infomation did you learn from self's reaction?" He rested his hands on the small of her back ... yeah, this uniform was nice, he could feel every curve of her slender body easily through it.

Selene: "Oh, I've been watching some interesting documentaries. And I'm not oblivious. I'm well aware of the effect that I can have on other people. Especially on the highly hormonal and often annoying males that seem to be so numerous among people of our age." She shrugged nonchalantly. "You are very different from those types. So I was curious about how you would react to some... encouragement."

Warlock: "... Oh." Warlock blinked a couple of times, feeling horribly embarassed but at the same time ... excited, "Ah, well self doesn't have hormones as such but ..." he ran his hands nervously up her back, "self must confess that self ... enjoyed the view." He blushed, wondering if he should admit to perhaps wanting to see a little more.

Selene: "See? That's why I was so curious. I wondered whether you actually felt any real attraction to me, or if you were merely acting to conform to what you think I would expect from you." A wry smile appeared on Selene's face. "But I'm intrigued to hear that you enjoyed watching me. You didn't disappoint in this regard."

Warlock: Warlock didn't know whether to be pleased or embaressed, so he settled for pleased since that was the happier emotion, and gave her a shy smile, "Self is glad not to disapoint." he murmered.

Selene: Selene's smile grew slightly wider as she found his shyness highly amusing. "Don't worry, I'd let you know if you ever did," she replied, giving a short laugh. She then pulled him closer for a more profound kiss.

Warlock: Warlock nearly dropped the bag as Selene kissed him, and he kissed her back hard, tounge flicking across her lips before pulling away reluctantly and flashing her a small smile, "As much as self enjoys that ... perhaps we should finish with these," he held up the bag, "before we get too involved, hmm?"

Selene: Selene cleared her throat and nodded. "That's a good idea, yes." She tried to focus her mind back on the task at hand, a feat that often hard enough for her, even when she wasn't distracted like this. "We'd make terrible infiltrators and security agents if we'd be caught with our secret equipment here in the rec room."

Warlock: "Exactly, so lead on then, securitymasterSelene," Warlock grinned and pressed a kiss to her forehead before backing away ... at least when she was walking infront he'd get a nice view ... heee ...

[Edited on 16-9-08 by Starfish]
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

HEE! That was soooo cute yall! yeah... Selene's definitely taking her job waaay too seriously LOL

yall played that so well. I love warlock/selene :love
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

the highly hormonal and often annoying males that seem to be so numerous among people of our age Lawd have me'cy, sounds exactly like me when I was young. Erm, and now that I'm old, too.

That Selene gives me the willies. SOMEBODY had best keep an eye on HER! ;-)

"self must confess that self ... enjoyed the view." If I were single, I'd date Warlock. He is sooo cute. First compliment I ever got on my body (because I'm, like, not pretty) was a boyfriend in college who was following me upstairs, and he said, "Nice View." *sigh* Warlock didn't know whether to be pleased or embaressed, so he settled for pleased since that was the happier emotion, and gave her a shy smile, "Self is glad not to disapoint." he murmered. Yeah, he's too cute for words. So many snakes in the Garden.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."