9/16 Instance: Take it Down a Notch

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline: current

rachel: Rachel blew out a breath as she waited for Ben and shifted uncomfortably, frowning at the uniform. No matter how many times she had to wear it, she was fairly sure she was never going to get used to it. She sighed as her hair returned to its previous position and tried shaking it out of her face this time. If she hadn't been worried about being late, maybe she would've remembered a hair tie...

Benjamin: Ben lowered himself from the ceiling, the form fitting suit surprisingly not making any squeaks or other high pitched noises. As he got low enough to poke her he grinned wildly and then,

Benjamin: He dropped to the floor and crouched low enough so that when Rachel's reflexive punch to whatever was behind her went out, he was below it.

rachel: She sucked in a shallow breath and turned around, resisting the urge to swing at him. "Don't yell in my head," she muttered. "I'd rather not have a migraine when I go to work later."

Benjamin: "Okay." Ben said shooting up to meet her face. "Thanks for meeting me down here. I know the last couple of times didn't work out that well... sorry about that. Neena and I got lost in a closet on the way down, and I had a surprise gig at one point."

rachel: "Yeah..." Brushing her hair out of her face, she shrugged, "...No problem. What'd you want to work on? And you could always work with Cess since she is leader, if I'm not around..."

Benjamin: Ben nodded. "I know, but I like messing with you. All I know is Cess told me she knows that I'm sneaky and good at being quiet, but she was afraid I didn't have any control." Ben scoffed at the idea and snorted even. "Which is preposterous, 'course I do! I just need to show her wrong. I know I can sneak into a room filled with dudes and guns and not get hit, I just need to make it clear I can. Hoping you can help me with that, set up the DR with me being I have no idea how."

rachel: Rachel snorted and made a mental note to talk to Cess sometime soon, "Yeah because busting into a room filled with dudes with guns involves busting the door in... even though we wouldn't really have a use for busting into a room of guys with guns. I was more under the impression combat got to handle that."

Benjamin: "I think that's my spin on that, not Cess's. She was more concerned that I know how to avoid said room. I don't really see why, I can easily deal with that." He said, probably overconfidently.

rachel: She rolled her eyes, "Cess is right. I could easily deal with that too, but that's not the point of infiltration. The point is to get information or whatever and fuck up their security if we have to and without getting caught."

Benjamin: Sighing Ben slouched. "So I flip switches and crawl on walls? I've been doing that since I was 14, this should be a piece of cake. Start this puppy up!" Ben said, rubbing his palms together greedily. "I got this."

rachel: "Well, you can think that's all you have to do..." she smirked and called up a program that she'd found particularly evil. The course wasn't too difficult for her, but there was no way Ben would be able to run through it in the set time, "Have fun."

Benjamin: The female voice turned on. "You have exactly five minutes to reach the door. Begin." As the voice said "begin" the lights lowered and suddenly Ben found himself in a warehouse. There were men in uniforms marching back and forth, probably six, each patroling.

Benjamin: On the second floor, which was simply a walk way to see above that one, were four more, one on each wall. Ben was in a shadowed corner with a red block surrounding his feet on the floor, indicating, he assumed, that he was in a safe zone and the timer hadn't started. He looked around.

Benjamin: Deciding he would have an easier time on the ceiling, he leapt from the box and crawled up the wall, staying under the shadows of the cat walk. As he crawled around he realized he was coming up to a security camera. He unplugged it from the wall, grinning, and continued to the next one. Thankfully none of them rotated.

Benjamin: As he systematically took all of the cameras out, he stayed on the walling and began to aim his darts at soldiers as they walked by. He nailed one in the eyebrow, one in the neck, and another in the butt.

Benjamin: With three slumped down he now only had to worry about the other three noticing. Deciding now speed was his best bet, he dropped on the first one, used his webbing to pull the other to him, knocking him out, and the third one he webbed his mouth shut and hands to his knees.

Benjamin: It was here that he messed up. As he made his way under the walk way one more time he saw the last camera turn towards him and zoom in.

Benjamin: Using a web ball, he knocked it out of the way, but the camera instead fell on the floor with loud bang. Suddenly an alarm blasted and the four men on the cat walks above pointed their guns at Ben.

rachel: Rachel stayed in the shadows, shaking her head. She called out for the computer to end the program with a sigh. "Well, you failed a lot sooner than I thought you would..."

Benjamin: "Technicality." Ben pointed out. "The camera was broken." He flashed a hopeful grin.

rachel: She ran her hand through her hair, "Pffft, I was ready to end the program when you took the first guard down."

Benjamin: "Why?! He was in the way! He needed to go!" Ben argued.

rachel: "You could've gotten around him without dropping him. Plus, it could've alerted the other guards. It just wasn't necessary."

Benjamin: Ben shrugged. "It worked up until the camera. I didn't kill him. What should I have done though?"

rachel: "Yeah, well, you should've paid more attention to the cameras. Found some other way around him, though technically he wouldn't matter. He wouldn't be able to see any of us but Cess, and I'd just alter his memory anyway."

rachel: Rachel chewed on her lip, "Can you disable security systems yet?"

Benjamin: "I can put enough webbing in 'em to make 'em not work anymore." Ben said shrugging. "In Boston I was a fan of screwing up electronic vaults."

rachel: "You're so lucky you don't have Remy training you..." she mumbled. "I meant disable as in cutting wires and such. Well, before we get to that... Please, tell me you know how to pick a lock...."

Benjamin: "Put... webbing in it?" Ben joked. "No, I can pick a lock. Thank Oz on that. Though I've discovered when in a rush, yanking it off works a lot better."

rachel: "...And leaves more evidence." Slamming Ben against the wall again was suddenly becoming more appealing, and Rogue definitely wasn't going to come save his ass if it happened again...

Benjamin: "So can't you use your teke-voo-doo to momentarily disassemble it? I mean, I can pick it, but if there's a rush, I mean c'mon.... wouldn't it make sense?"

rachel: "I can use my teke to unlock it, but that won't help you if I'm off doing something else..." she shook her head. "No, it doesn't. Infiltration means sneaky. Ripping locks off is like kicking a door in, both of which are definitely not sneaky."

Benjamin: Ben wanted to say, okay so put plastic bags on your fet and wear gloves, but he bit his tongue. "So what do you suggest I do then? Practice my sneaking up on people? And start picking locks around the school? 'Cuz I already got most of them figured out, but I swear Xavier changes the locks everyday." Or makes me forget how to mess with them, he thought.

rachel: Rachel blinked. So much for going to work without a headache... "I suggest you listen to Cess and do what she tells you to."

Benjamin: Ben sighed. "Look, I want to hear it from you. Give me a door, hardest lock, and let me try and get it open."

rachel: "Just go out, buy a bunch of different locks, and practice picking them," she shrugged. "That's how I learned...kinda..."

Benjamin: "Kinda?" he held up his hands. "Nevermind, don't wanna know. Okay, so I do this lock picking thing. Is that it? What else do I have to master?"

rachel: "It's what I did in the medlab after..." she trailed off, running her fingers over a wrist.. She shook her head and shrugged the memory off, "Lock picking, sneaking, disabling security systems, creeping, not making loud noises or getting yourself caught..."

Benjamin: "So basically, perfecting what I already do." Ben frowned. "Neena's gonna hate me."

rachel: "Yeah, suuuure..." Rachel just smiled and nodded. "...Why's Neena going to hate you?"

Benjamin: "How annoying am I already? Now I'm gonna be sneaking around and opening every door in this joint. And I can tell you right now, she won't let me get away with doing it in her room. It's just.... not my luck, with her."

rachel: "I don't think I can answer that question nicely." She glanced around, slightly bored of doing nothing and called up another program. "Yeah, well, she'll just have to deal. I'm sure if Josh can, she can."

rachel: "I'll teach you how to disable things, I guess. This is pretty simple," Rachel crouched down in front of one of the sections and unscrewed the panel with her teke, not wanting to bother with her tools yet. "All you really have to do is make sure you cut the right wires. It changes with different systems, but it's basically the same," she shrugged and showed him which wires to cut, leaving out the part about how if he cut the wrong on, he'd get a shock.

Benjamin: Ben was pretty sure there would be a trick to this. Whipping out his pocket knife he looked at the wires. Remembering the one she showed him he went to touch it but a jolt shot down his spine and told him 'no. Not that one.' He turned to her, smiling. "Nice try." he moved his hand to the next one, same feeling. Then to the third. Nothing. He cut it quickly, thankfully, with no shock. He smiled. "Ha!" Suddenly alarms began to blare.

rachel: She shook her head at the pocket knife and smirked as the alarms went off, "Try another one."

Benjamin: Angry, he took the knife and jabbed into the system until the alarms stopped. "Wheeooo wheeeoooeoeearrrrrrrr...."

Benjamin: Sighing, he let the program restart and tried again seriously. "Okay...." He closed his eyes and concentrated, letting his spider sense tell him what was wrong with each wire. The first two, again, shock down his spine. The third, his hair stood on end. The fourth, shocker. The last one, the black one. Nothing. o hair, no sensations in the spine...just nothing. "Winnah." He used his fingers this time and pulled the wiring apart.

rachel: "Finally. Maybe you will be good for something," Rachel grinned. "Just keep practicing that."

Benjamin: "Oh, I will. Sorry ahead of time if all the power in the school goes off some night." He grinned back.

rachel: "Well, I don't think I'll really care since I'll most likely not be here, I'll be asleep, or what I'm doing doesn't light anyway," she smirked.

Benjamin: "Anything else you can think of? Besides sneaking?"

rachel: "Bother Cess about training, as I don't have a life anymore? Not that I had one in the first place..."

Benjamin: Ignoring the self-battering he nodded. "Can do. You wanna have some fun with the DR? Or straight to bed for you?"

rachel: "More like to work and then to bed for me."

Benjamin: Ben put his hand out and shook hers. "Well then, thanks a bunch for helping. I'll work on this stuff. And I'm sure you'll notice." he winked.

rachel: Rachel rolled her eyes at the hand-shaking, "Yeah, sure. We'll see."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Go Rachel! Remy and Cess should be so proud of their little sneaky girl. :D