9/18 Instance: Bzzzzz

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

Bobby: "You know, I don't get why there has to be so many of them." Bobby ran his hand through his hair and tilted his head to the other side, attention attracted by a provocative cover. "Detective, Batman, JLA... and ooh, look at the cover of Trinity! There's no way Batman can be in so many places at once."

Lorna: "Bobby. He's the Goddamned Batman." Lorna held up a copy of Batman and the Outsiders in front of her. "He can breathe in space. I'm sure he's figured out a way to clone himself by now." She quirked an eyebrow as she put the book back. "Maybe that's why they're doing an 'R.I.P' storyline. So Nightwing can become Batman and then they'll bring Bruce back the next month. What good is a Lazarus Pit if you're not going to use it after all."

Elizabeth: Lizzie rounded the corner with a slight bounce. "Looook!" she waved the heavily toothed rabbit under their noses. "Is it so wrong I want this so very much?" she poked her finger inside a slot under the jaw to create snapping motions and looked at the comics "That is a lot of Bat action...The newest Supergirl in?"

Bobby: "Nah, I think Robin needs to step up to the plate. I kinda got a soft spot for old Tim, I wonder why?" Bobby blinked at Lorna with an innocent grin and turned to Lizzie and her big pointy teeth. "Oooo, no, it's so right that you want that! I thought the slippers were boss too, like putting your foot in a rabbit." Bobby picked up the said issue of Supergirl and flipped through it, nearly commenting on her super panties before catching himself.

Lorna: "I like Tim too. That's why I don't want him to be Batman." Lorna giggled at the rabbit. "Oh you need to buy it. You could hang it from your ceiling as a warning...though Selene might like that too much. And I'm not sure what i feel about putting my foot in a rabbit. Sounds like animal cruelty to the max right there...and a bit squicky."

Elizabeth: "Yeah, that's what I was thinking, if I bought it she'd probably steal it..." she examined the rabbit. "I could always stick it in the lair. No reason to share my bed with it!" Passing the rabbit to Bobby so she could take the comic, she gave it a look through. "I could probably use her for Halloween this year...Or She Ra. What do you think?" Striking a rather heroic pose, Lizzie gave her hips a little wiggle.

Bobby: "But that's half the fun - squick without the sticky guts and misdemeanor charges..." Bobby trailed off and clutched the hapless rabbit, undecided if he should go ahead and look or stare at that really fascinating JSA cover instead. .... oh, Power Girl cleavage. Good.

Lorna: "Well, when you put it that way I can't wait to cram my foot up a bunny." Lorna snorted and looked over at Lizzie, contemplating the decision. "Supergirl I think. I'd even fly you around if you like. If we all wanted to nerd out as a group we could even get some villain costumes so you'd have someone to fight."

Lorna: Lorna caught herself smirking at her own nerdishness and prodded Bobby. "I'd have to start calling you Captain Cold if that happened too."

Elizabeth: "Really? Oh that'd be...Well I'd say super but that would just be cheesy! Though seriously, we need more costume parties as I have more ideas than I have Halloweens," doing a little 'flying' charge across to Bobby with her fist out, she grabbed the rabbit, heading towards the counter.

Bobby: "Blah, Captain Cold. He's a wannabe. Cold gun." Bobby snickered, deciding the cleavage warranted at least a glance and picked up JSA too for their stack. He followed Lizzie to the counter.

Lorna: "Oh it'd be superduper." Lorna giggled and flopped her arm around Bobby's shoulder. "But it'd give you an excuse to fill a water gun with the drink of your choice for the party you know. Plus the visor would be funny."

Elizabeth: "Now if that isn't worth it..." Lizzie grinned over her shoulder at Bobby and turned back to pay for her things.

Bobby: "Dude, when you stop and think about it, how the heck would he see out of that? At least Geordi is blind." Bobby regained his smirk and showed it to Lorna. "But I must say, tequila gun is swaying me..."

Lorna: "It's the magic of comics I guess." Lorna shrugged. "And the tequila gun should so be worth it. Plus a tequila gun would probably go a whole lot better for him to rob banks. Just get everyone plastered and walk out with the loot. Best criminal ever...now to think of who I could be." Lorna chuckled, wondering who had a gun for the drink of her choice while she leafed through her books to make sure she had everything.

Elizabeth: Grabbing her bag, Lizzie waited by the door, thoughtfully sucking her lolly as she flicked through Supergirl, leaning against a display stand. "Hell, you'd want to be robbed if that was the case. You'd be too drunk to care about the money."

Bobby: "Well, if we ever want to turn to a life of crime we're all set, yeah? Tequila guns all around!" Bobby tugged his wallet from his pocket and mock sighed when the clerk tore his eyes from Lizzie's licking to give him his total. "I don't suppose I could use a tequila gun on you for a discount, eh, dude?" Clearly not. Bobby wrinkled his nose and looked Lorna up and down. "Magenta."

Lorna: "Heh, I guess that works pretty well." Lorna patted Bobby's shoulder for consolation for his failed attempt at getting a discount. "We should totally get some regular customer benefits. God knows we're in here enough."

Elizabeth: Batting her eyelashes, Lizzie took a few steps forward. "I mean, we really should do considering how we buy so much and well, promote it too," she plucked at the chest of her Batman shirt, rolling the lolly around her tongue. "I always tell people where I get my things from when they ask."

Bobby: Bobby's eyebrows climbed to his hairline at Lizzie's little display and he watched the clerk's stammering reaction. "Well, thanks a bunch, buddy." Ten percent was ten percent, and probably as much as a lackey could manage. He took the bag and Lorna's hand, trying to keep a straight face on his way out. "Nice, Sithy McSith Queen."

Lorna: "And this is why you're my favourite shopping partner." Lorna laughed, squeezing Bobby's hand as they started out. "Just brilliant. Makes me want to go buy something big." Lorna held her free hand out with splayed fingers at the word big, a large grin on her face.

Elizabeth: She raised an eyebrow at 'Queen'. Well if he only knew..."Hey, I have to do what I can. Not everyone can have an inheritance," smirking a little, Lizzie tossed the stick in a bin as they passed. "Big? Anything in mind? I could do with a new bag for my books but that's sort of not big..."

Bobby: "And not everyone has a nice Vegas bonus either, but making that last with some nice Bat-chest-induced discounts appeals to my inner cheapskate." Bobby nodded, making sure their books weren't getting squished in the bag as they strolled along.

Lorna: "Yes, Vegas truly was kind. Have no idea what I mean by big. I just wanted to insert jazz hands and look maniacal for a moment there." she shrugged glancing around at the other stores around.

Elizabeth: "Ah you're newly married, you need to make it last. Plus most things on sale are overpriced anyway, so by getting a discount, we're getting it at it's real price...." she shrugged a little. "Big as in new bed big? Or computer? Maybe ten pairs of shoes?" she joked. Oh Bobby would love that. Not.

Lorna: Lorna smirked wickedly. "Bed...hmm."

Bobby: Bobby looked up at 'shoes,' making a face. "Heh, bed. ...I always wanted one of those round ones that rotated, y'know?" He grinned brightly.

Elizabeth: Laughing a little at that, she looked up the street. "Bed shopping then? Though that's possibly a very private thing. Unless you just want another discount or free home delivery."

Lorna: "Oooh." Lorna looked quite amused at the thought of the round bed of spinning glory. "One of those would be awesome! Though...a new pair of boots could be fun too." She chewed at the tip of her finger lightly as she thought, smirking around it.

Elizabeth: "I was actually joking about shoes as I never go shoe shopping...Well, apart from this one time with Neena and a couple of times with Angel. I don't need to. And actually, I'd like a new bed but I don't think there'd be enough room for one in my room. I'd kill for a double so I could sprawl..."

Bobby: "Better watch out, if it's nice and inviting you might get Selene wanting snuggle room for her and her knives." Bobby swung the bag a little and looked up at the stores near the geek shop. "I dunno if they have a 'beds r us' around here anyways, but if we're going shoe shopping at least I have reading material."

Lorna: "Great, now I'm imagining Selene as Salad Fingers." Lorna shook her head to get the image out. "Well, if we find one we've at least got to go jump on some." She was distracted though as they walked by the shoe store.

Elizabeth: Lizzie screwed her face up. "Oh thank you. I have to share a room with her! Wasn't I a good roomie? I wasn't even in your room half the time! You owe me solidarity!"

David: David bumped Greg's arm, tossing a nod at the three people ahead of them on the sidewalk. They looked around their age, and the chicks were hot, except... "What's with the hair? You think they're some of those muties?"

Greg: Snorting, he eyed them carefully. "Like anyone'd be fool enough to make themselves look like a mutie atta time like this. They're either muties or sympathisers so just as bad..."

David: "I dunno... wanna find out how bad?" He grinned, speeding up his pace.

Greg: "Psh, why not..." he loped after David smirking.

Bobby: "Can't you just see her curled up in a corner of the room, stroking her rusty spoons? You so know you're gonna go home someday and find that." Bobby wriggled his fingers under her nose, stepping aside for two guys trying to pass them.

Lorna: "Okay, stroking her rusty spoons sounded a bit too dirty for me. I really do owe you now." Lorna looked over to Lizzie with an exaggerated expression of sorrow. "You were much too good of a roommate for me to subject you to rusty spoon stroking."

Lorna: She stepped aside with Bobby, nodding slightly to the others.

Elizabeth: "Please. At this rate I just won't go back," Lizzie rolled her eyes and sidled to the side lightly as she 'felt' the two coming up behind them, but not bothering to glance.

David: David nearly collided with the short one with the purple hair as she dodged around the sidewalk. "Sorry, baby, I don't dance with your kind."

Elizabeth: Lizzie opened her mouth and stopped dead. "My kind? You mean the non desperate, in need of a drink to blind me first, kind?"

David: "Sure." He winked, reaching out and flicking her hair before circling the guy with them, bumping his arm slightly. "Looks like he's more your type. What are you doing hanging around with a couple of muties?"

Bobby: Bobby started a little from the jostle, then turned to stare the guy down. "Look... it's a free country, why don't you just go on your merry way and hate us from down the street at Maggie Moos."

Lorna: "Oh damn, and I was going to tell you he doesn't dance with your kind because he can't get British models." Lorna snapped her fingers at the missed opportunity. She smirked and leaned over to Lizzie covering her mouth exaggerated and whispered loudly. "Though it looks like they enjoy rubbing up against my husband though, eh?"

Greg: Greg's ears pricked up at that. "Husband? For real? Shit he impregnate you or somethin'? And model? Hell, only model she should be is in some lab someplace on a bench," he eyed the scrawny one distastefully.

Elizabeth: Lizzie made a small face at what Lorna said. Not exactly what she wanted advertising but still..."Oh, now you are asking for trouble, aren't you? Why don't you just move on off if we're that bad to be around?" she asked, trying to keep her temper. Last thing she needed to do was go chucking psiblades around in broad daylight.

Bobby: Bobby moved between the girls and these guys, ignoring their baiting.

David: "Nah, why would we do that? Not when we're just all getting to know each other." David gave the girls a dirty grin. "Can't say we've ever seen you around before. Guess with you all safe and registered we're supposed to let you just mix with the rest of us."

Lorna: Lorna chuckled at them but supposed she really should be ignoring them. It was just so difficult though. "Well, I wouldn't have figured you really wanted to come shoe shopping with us."

Elizabeth: "Well I can certainly say I've never seen you as I refrain from associating with ignorant riff raff, such as yourselves. And we've been walking down this street for quite a while now. It's a regular occurance, so as for mixing..."

Greg: He made a face. Prissy little thing. "Not just a mutie but a mutie snob. Think you're better cause you got a freak gene girly?" he gave David a glance. "You like this tone they're takin?"

David: "Don't think I like it at all." He snapped his gum, eyes sliding first to Greg and then back to the mutants. "Can't see how a freak gene makes them any better, since all it's done for these two is make 'em look like crayons."

David: He looked at the guy again. "Carpet match the drapes, mutie lover?"

Elizabeth: "Oh for gods sake," Lizzie snapped and yanked a hair out of her head. "It isn't even fucking natural," she waved her hair about, gesturing to the length of blonde at the root end. "Blonde," she stressed the word heavily with another wave of the hair. "On the subject of drapes and carpets, his match up?" she gestured to the other guy. "He seems so attached to your arse you'd know."

Lorna: Lorna had to cover her mouth as she laughed. Oh that was priceless. "Oh I think you've ruined their joint fantasies for tonight. Poor little guys."

Elizabeth: "Or is he more a back crack and sack wax type?" she made a little yanking gesture with her hand.

David: Fake? The hell? David exchanged a look with Greg. "So you're not even muties, you just wish you was." He laughed harshly. "How fucking sad is that?”

Bobby: "Yeah, okay, real sad." Bobby glanced around the street, noting people were either stopping to stare or hurrying inside the shops. He met Lorna's eyes, trying to get the message to her that it was time to take the high road... though frosting these guys' shorts was tempting.

Lorna: Lorna gave a brief nod at Bobby's look. "Anyway, it's been nice chatting with you but I'm afraid we must be going." She waved slightly and gripped her bag better. "So then, shoes or furniture?"

Greg: "Oooh, don't think you're gettin away that easy. Fakers're just as bad as muties. An offense to all us clean humans..." he snarled.

Elizabeth: "Now who said we're pretending to be mutants," she shook her head, a sly smile on her face. "I think you two had best check in for some anger management. Or maybe your school offers a free therapy service as you both seem to have plenty of issues you need to work out. Now if you don't mind..."

Bobby: "Clean humans? If you're so clean that smell must be from you ramming your noses up each other's asses. Brown nosing bigots." Bobby couldn't help that outburst, then opened the door of the shoe shop. "C'mon."

David: "Now who's interested in ass? Sounds like you're all a bunch of freaks, muties or not. I don't like freaks in my town." He took a step toward them.

Lorna: "Well, it's a good thing we're not keeping you here." Lorna smiled sweetly before slipping inside the store.

Greg: He quickly stepped into the doorway to stop the other two getting inside. "Didn't you hear the man? We don't like freaks. Soon you'll have your own places you can go and keep outta our way, least we can hope for."

Elizabeth: Not feeling like being intimidated, Lizzie squared up to the nearer one. "You might not like freaks but I promise you I like bigots even less. Now think about moving on. You'll only get this warning." Oh, she could take them both down. Make them shit their pants at the same time...

Bobby: Bobby's hand tightened on the door handle, frosting the metal a little and perversely pleased when the guy who'd blocked the door seemed to notice. "You don't want to do this."

David: "Oh, damn, she's a scary little thing now, ain't she?" David straightened up to his full height and smirked. "Kinda like the ones with fight..."

Lorna: Well that was a new level of perversion. Lorna crossed her arms, reminding herself that it would be a very bad idea to pull at metal bits at the moment...though the zippers, they were tempting.

Greg: Wincing, he yanked his hand off the handle. "The fuck?" he hissed, rubbing his hand. "David, you think you can deal with that scrap all by yourself?" he snickered a little, forgetting about his hand. Must have been something wrong with the door...that was it...

Bobby: "I don't think either of you can really deal with her, dude." Though... since it looked like they were going to have to deal with these two, better to do it outside than tear up that store. Bobby noticed a clerk inside peering over a display at them and grabbed the front of the guy's NYU sweatshirt to haul him back onto the sidewalk.

Elizabeth: "Very true, that," Lizzie followed Bobby as he dragged the idiot out to the middle of the pavement. Oh she was bored of this by now and just wanted to shop...She flitted into one of their minds to find a good trigger to set them off...Oh. That would do nicely. With a look of innocence, she looked up. "Do you hear...buzzing, at all?"

Lorna: "Buzzing?" Lorna quirked an eyebrow and looked around as she stepped out of the shop, not wanting the clerk to get pissier. That look of innocence meant that something fun was about to happen. "Huh, don't see anything yet."

David: "Hey, hey, now it's on!" David didn't have time to go for the guy when he swung Greg into him, but quickly regained his balance. "Buzzing? You hearing things? Crazy bitch on top of freak? I'll make you buzz all..." His eyes opened wide as from nowhere a dark cloud descended onto him and Greg. A cloud that stung.

Greg: Paling as he saw the cloud sweep down, he threw his arms over his head. "Ah, screw this, screw this!" he yelled, stumbling a little on the sidewalk.

Bobby: Bobby blinked and jumped back when the guys started freaking out, shooting a glance at Lizzie. "Whoa..." He watched the guys scream and stagger off down the street, then quickly looked around at the people watching them. "Lizzie..." he hissed.

Elizabeth: Giving them a little wave, she gave Bobby a smile "They really don't like bees as it happens...And I'm on it," she closed her eyes for a second, altering the memories of their small audience, careful to snag the two troublemakers as well. "There. No one is any the wiser."

Lorna: "Well...I guess that works." Lorna definitely couldn't think of a way to deal with it as quickly as that. "Bees...my God."

Lorna: It shouldn't really be funny but Lorna had to laugh. "So...shall we just get on with our day then?"

Bobby: "Um..." The guys had disappeared, and people were going about their business again, not paying them the least attention. "Yeah, let's." He took gave Lorna's hand a little squeeze before opening the door again for the girls. "After you, Darth Butterfly."

Elizabeth: "Why thank you," she grinned and passed through the door with her head up. That should teach those little bastards...

Summary: On a day shopping in town, Lizzie, Lorna, and Bobby encounter two students from New York University, who taunt them about mutants and try to intimidate them to start a fight. Lizzie used her powers to make the students believe they were being attacked by bees and then wipes their memories and the memories of the other witnesses of the entire incident.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

David: He looked at the guy again. "Carpet match the drapes, mutie lover?"

Yarr har har, I laughed so much at that it made my timbers shiver, har har har!

Gtrangely though, I kept getting the She-Ra picture show song in me head, arrr.

[Edited on 19/9/2008 by steyn]