09/28 Instance: Neemo's Lucky Fin

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Current

Neena: Neena finished the last 100 yards in a flurry of kicking, taking a second on the wall to catch her breath. She whipped off her cap and goggles, setting them on the deck before beginning her cool down. Swimming and cooking were the only things that were helping these days. Well, that and a certain activity with a certain someone...

Monet: Monet bumped the door to the pool open with her hip as she put her towel around her neck. It would do her good to sink into a hot jacuzzi. She paused with the door still at her hip as she heard a very faint click of goggles on tile. Monet looked up as a girl started swimming again and she rolled her eyes. Every time she thought she would be alone...

Monet: She ignored her however and went to set her things down, kicking off her shoes, but leaving her sarong on before slipping into the near boiling water with a pleased sigh.

Neena: Last turn...just take it easy Neena relaxed her strokes, wiggling her fingers underwater. She finished her cool down and climbed out of the pool, sweeping up her cap and goggles. Next...a nice, relaxing dip in the jacuzzi. Neena tucked her cap under her suit strap and headed over to the hotub, noticing it was already occupied. She smiled to the new girl. "Hi there. Mind if I get in?"

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at the girl who looked rather like an oversized dalamation. "You should probably wait for a few minutes. Getting in so quickly after being in the cooler water could very likely shock your muscles and give you a spasm."

Neena: Neena laughed. "Maybe for normal people. My body works a little differently." She eased in, letting her skin get accostomed to the heat. "Oh, wow that's nice. So, I've never seen you before. Are you new?"

Monet: Monet rolled her eyes, "No. I've been invisible until now. I have been here for seven years."

Neena: She raised a delicate eyebrow. So this one was sarcastic, eh? Still, she'd be nice, if only because she didn't know this girl. "Huh. Well in that case I just have a case of massive ADD. I'm Neena, by the way, what's your name?"

Monet: "Monet." She slid a bit lower in the water and let her head rest gently on the edge of the tub as she closed her eyes. "And darling, ADD I'm sure doesn't even come close to what you have a massive case of."

Neena: "Monet. Hm. Interesting name. So what's your ability, magically diagnosing mental disorders?" Ok, a litte sarcastic. Neena bit her tongue, but she couldn't help it. She didn't really like the way Monet had looked at her spot.

Monet: "Oh, please. I have several abilities and that is not one of them. Handy as it might be, I would tire of it quickly." She cracked one eye open to briefly look at Neena, "And what is yours? Are you house-trained at least?"

Neena: Damn, Rogue was right, no, more than right. This girl could be from Southern Cali, the way she turned on the airs. "Verry funny. Most people think dominos, that takes some imagining. What are you, from Long Beach or something? You've got some cheek, honey."

Monet: "Mmm. I thought you might have been amused," Monet replied flatly. "I am from Sarajevo, Bosnia and thank you. I will take that as a compliment although I am certain you did not mean it as one."

Neena: "Brilliant!" Neena grinned, though it probably looked more predatory. "Never been, though I hear it's quite the trip. Hm, well in answer to your civil question, my power is probability manipulation. I have incredible luck, and crazy reflexes. Hence why I can take a dip in the hottub right now. And you?"

Monet: Monet sighed and rolled her neck before bringing her head up to look at Neena, "Are you sure you want to hear them all? They tend to make people feel quite incompetent - beyond my natural skills that are not of the mutation aspect, that is."

Neena: "I think I'm a big girl- I can handle it," she rolled her eyes. "As for natural skills, modesty is a virtue, my dear. I didn't share mine, so you don't need to share yours. Mutation alone is fine. Let's hear them."

Monet: "I never said I would tell you my natural skills. I'm sure you're bright enough to figure them out for yourself." Monet settled her hands on her thighs in the water, holding her sarong down from where it was trying to float up with the light currant. She took a breath and rolled her eyes, she really hated rattling them off, but it looked like everyone was likely going to ask her, so she might as well get used to telling.

Monet: "I am highly invulnerable, I have a healing factor to help against diseases and poisons that my skin will not keep out, enhanced senses, such as telescopic vision, night vision, and more acute hearing than the average human. Enhanced agility, flight, superhuman strength and speed, and I'm a telepath. And people wonder why my sisters call me Miss Perfect," she rolled her eyes again.

Neena: "Yet another telepath. Seems like it's a more common mutation. Anyway," Neena waved her hand. "You seem like a girl who enjoys a good Prada bag. Or is it Gucci? I'm a Dooney girl myself, but from your tongue, I'd put my money on Prada for you."

Monet: "Does brand really matter? I actually find it replusive when a large designer slaps their label all over everything. Such as Chanel, Gucci, and Dooney&Bourke." Monet smirked, "So if I had to choose one, I guess it would be Prada. I don't shop for brand though. I just look for what I would like to purchase so long as the quality is good."

Neena: "You obviously don't know Dooney very well," Neena sniffed. "Mine is from their Alto collection, and it is just as discreet and pricey as Prada. Overly labeled bags are for the common masses. Definately not chic."

Monet: "No, obviously not. All I have seen is their showy things. That put me off of them rather quickly." Monet leaned her head back again and closed her eyes. "Definitely not chic at all. Though, why does it matter my preference of handbags?"

Neena: "You'd be surprised at how much you learn from someone from their handbag," Neena shook out her hair. "It's my forte. I love a good bag. Take my baby, for example. Chocolate brown leather, because I need it to work with everything- I'm a girl that doesn't like to fuss. Front pockets for easy access- because I like to be efficient. See what I mean?"

Monet: "So, wouldn't black be more reasonable? Wouldn't want to clash with yourself, now would you?" Monet smirked.

Neena: "In case you haven't noticed the times, it's not really that safe for me to go out looking like this," Neena rolled her eyes. "So if the bag clashes with my spot, who cares? I don't look like this in public."

Monet: "At least you're smart." Monet settled a bit deeper in the water. "And I have noticed the times. I have no problem with them. Since you're saying that it is not safe for you, I assume you have yet to register?"

Neena: "You assume right," she replied. "I'd rather go live in Canada, or something. Maybe not practical, but I really don't care. Of course, that might mean losing my inheritance, but from the looks of it I'm set to lose it anyway."

Monet: "Well that doesn't sound very appealing. Why won't you just register then, if that's what your family wants?"

Neena: "They don't want me registering, they want me home. Apparently going home to a small town is safer than staying at this high security, underground school. Now my uncle's making me pick. Multimillion dollar ranch and vineyard, if I transfer out, or, stay and get a penthouse, but lose everything else. And he knows I love the vineyard. He can keep the penthouse, it's just the bribery that makes me mad."

Neena: Neena rubbed her temples. "I just don't know what to tell him. Probably won't for a while. Right now, I'm just stalling the whole thing."

Monet: "Tell him you will have none of the bribery and that the way he's treating you is no way to treat blood relations. Especially ones that you are close to." Monet scoffed, "In my opinion, darling, that is highly unfair and you should put up with none of it. Give him an ultimatum right back if you have to."

Neena: "As much as I hate to think about it, that's probably what it will come down to. There's just a lot of factors and...ugh. It makes my head spin. I guess I just need to get my life in order. Can't be the baby of the family forever, I guess." She looked at Monet. "But what kind of ultimatum can I give. It's not like I have any cards to play. Other than being the only person in the family who can inherit. And my uncle's willing to sell anyway.”

Monet: "You have you as your card to play." Monet rolled her eyes and mumbled under her breath, "Apparently that spot makes you dull as a washed crayon." She lifted her head to look at Neena, "Tell him if he sells it or forces you to move home then you will no longer belong to his family."

Neena: "Oooh, scary. My uncle is threatening me with disownment, and I turn around and threaten him right back. Brilliant." Neena snorted. "He'd laugh in my face. My uncle loves me, but he's no fool. But whatever. I'll figure something out. I do know I'm not leaving, and I can just go from there. Us Californians, we take things as they come."

Monet: "Darling, I'm sure he doesn't expect you to take the offer of being disowned. So if you tell him that you will, he might reconsider. So yes, it has a touch of brilliance to it actually."

Neena: "Ah, calling bluffs. Excellent game to play with my Greek uncle. I'll make you a wager. I'll try your idea. If it works, I will give you a new Prada bag. If my uncle calls my bluff, I get the bag. What do you say?"

Monet: "Why not? Winner picks the bag. Not the buyer." Monet stuck her hand out for Neena to meet halfway across the tub, "D'accord, Rover?"

Neena: The eyebrow shot up again. D'accord? Rover? "Of course, Madame du Barry," Neena smirked, shaking Monet's hand. She sat back again, pensive. "You know, I can't beleive I'm saying this. It's gotta be the hippie in me. But I need a new wrap top and slacks, and you seem to share my finer tastes. Would Madame honor me with her accompanyment on a short excursion?"

Monet: Monet narrowed her eyes, "What did you just call me? I would like to point out that Madame du Barry was a woman of no where near my caliber." She gave a bored shrug, "I don't see why not, I have nothing planned for the day besides this. And maybe driving around to find a nice French cuisine spot."

Neena: "Hey, it's only fair. You started it. Calling me Rover, spare me! But I could use a higher opinion. This might be the most important outfit I buy all year. It has to be perfect." She sat up straight, shivering a bit. "Shall we?"

Monet: "Well of course I called you Rover. You look like a damned dalamation." Monet waved a hand, dismissing her a bit, "Darling, the year has not even barely begun yet." She sighed and pushed herself out of the water, wrapping herself up in the towel fairly quickly and pulling the saraong off from underneath. "Fine. Give me half an hour to get ready."

Neena: Neena sighed. "I only have one spot. Dalmations have dozens. I'll meet you in the rec room." She got out of the hottub and shook her ankles out. This girl had some nerve...and hopefully a fantastic sense of fashion.

Monet: "Not always, darling. Not always. Sometimes it takes a while for the rest to come in." Monet waved over her shoulder once, just a flip of her wrist, as she walked out of the pool room.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

hee. nice job, you two. :D