09/30 Instance: One Bite at a Time

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Timeline: Directly after What Were You Thinking?

<Rogue> Rogue had walked in the door to Vic's garage just as Neena was walking, or rather storming, out the opposite door. She had thought it a bit peculiar, but didn't think anything of it as she set to work on the Cadillac. Until she noticed her bike was parked too close to the car. Not where she had left it.

<Rogue> Rogue looked up at the door Neena's retreating form had gone out of and glared then proceeded to check over her bike very carefully, making sure it didn't have even the tiniest scratch. No one touched her baby. She wouldn't even let Vic ride it when he got home unless he was in the bitch seat.

<Rogue> She gave a low growl and flew through the door and up to her room, throwing the door open, "Neena Thurman! Why in the hell did you take my baby out?!" Rogue saw she was on the phone and could have cared less as she stood in the doorway with her fists clenched at her sides.

<Rogue> "No, better yet. Why in the hell did you even touch it?"
<Neena> Neena waved at her roommate to hush, turning her attention to the phone. "Yes. That's fine. The 6 a.m. to San Francisco is perfect. Thank you." She clicked off her blackberry and turned to Rogue. "Ok. Let me have it. Better yet, kill me. It'll save my uncle $400. Before you do, I have to warn you- I was in a state of blind rage when I took it, and wasn't thinking straight."

<Neena> She rubbed at her eye, which was still a little sore from being scrubbed at. Ugh, she felt like crap on a stick.

<Rogue> Rogue ignored what she heard about Neena leaving for now, too furious about her harley. "Ah swear ta God, Neena, if y'all had put one mark on mah baby y'all would not look tha same after Ah got done with ya. Do not touch mah bike. Ever. We clear?" Her eyes were dangerously narrowed and she was completely still except for the minute flexing of her fists, like a tiger readying its claws for a kill.

<Neena> "Ok," Neena replied, going to her drawers and pulling out clothes. She tossed some on her bed, and proceeded to drag her suitcase out from under the bed. "Gas money's on the desk, by the way." She should have been afraid for her life, the way Rogue was glaring at her, but at the moment, she felt nothing.

<Rogue> Rogue rolled her eyes and went over, taking the suitcase away from her and tossing it across the room, then throwing the clothes back into the drawers haphazardly. "Ah don't want any fuckin' gas money. Ya ain't dyin'. No one is fuckin' dyin'. Why in tha hell did ya take mah bike?" She kept her voice as level as she could, but the words were sharp.

<Neena> Neena watched impassively, and once Rogue was done, she calmly took back the suitcase. "I went after Ben, who was sneaking out to play at a honky tonk bar. He snuck out, a registered mutant, when he knows he's supposed to stay around here. We fought. I'm going home."

<Rogue> Rogue rolled her eyes, "Geez, Neena. That is not somethin' ta fight over. So what if he was playin' at a fuckin' cowboy roundup. Fact that he's registered keeps him safer'n y'all'r me. Why in tha hell does it bother y'all?" She frowned, "An' that is not a reason ta take mah bike. Not. At. All."

<Neena> "It's more than that. It is. He made this whole deal about having to stay at the mansion because god knows who was looking for him. And he sneaks out behind my back in the middle of the night. If whoever's looking for him saw him...god knows what would happen."

<Neena> Neena took out her clothes again and began to pack. "We fought anyway. He says I've been distant, and he's upset that my family wants me home. And I let the thing about the vineyard slip. He got really angry about that."

<Rogue> "Still not a good fuckin' reason ta touch mah bike," Rogue growled as she crossed her arms and watched Neena pack. In the back of her mind Vic's echo was lurking, she just knew it. This was too much like him for it not to be. He'd be proud of her and that thought brought a small smirk to her face. "So go home then. Let him win. Let ya uncle win. Leave tha only place y'all're truly safe."

<Neena> "No one's winning. I'm going home to claim my inheritance. I'm not going to stay here and sacrifice my future for someone who doesn't appreciate it. I'm not going to ruin my life for someone who doesn't value his," Neena wiped at her eyes. She began to cry softly. "Besides. He doesn't want me here. He didn't even ask me to stay. He baits me with a whole spiel about getting married, then he doesn't even ask me to stay!"

<Rogue> "We already had a bitch fest, Nee. We know he's a fuckin' jerk." She shook her head, "But don't let him ruin y'all's life. Don't let him ruin ya schoolin' an' don't let y'all's anger with him drive ya reason ta leave. He ain't tha only one that loves y'all here ya know.”

<Neena> "He's not. He's not ruining my schooling. He's making sure I lay claim to a multimillion dollar vineyard and horse ranch. I'll have more money than I'll know what to do with, and I'll have my dream job. It's fine. I was stupid to think I could say no to my family anyway." She pulled out more of her clothes and stuffed them in the suitcase. "My uncle made it clear. I go to Cali, I get the estate. It's bribery, but what else am I supposed to do? I'd die if that estate left our family."

<Rogue> "Fine, Neena. Get. Go 'head." Rogue clenched her jaw and went for her backpack then started rolling some of her clothes into tight cylinders and slamming them in the bag.

<Neena> Neena stopped, watching Rogue in wonder. "What on earth are you doing?"
<Rogue> "Gettin' Sam an' gettin' out. Why in tha hell should Ah stay, huh? Ah've been wantin' ta leave anyway an' this just gives me more reason. Cain't fuckin' get close ta anybody. He's tha only one Ah can truly trust in this damned place."

<Neena> "You can't leave!" Neena was horrified. "Are you nuts? You have too
many people who depend on you here! What about Remy? And Rachel? Rogue," she put her hand on Rogue's sleeve. "Look. I'll be fine. I'll come visit you. Really. I'm not going forever. As soon as the estate's in my name I can do whatever the hell I want anyway."

<Rogue> Rogue jerked her arm away but other than that stood motionless, glaring at Neena, "Don't touch me. Ah can do whatever tha fuck Ah want. Ah'm a grown ass woman an' Ah've been on mah own since Ah was twelve. Ah think Ah can make mah own decisions, thanks."

<Neena> "But why would my leaving give you another reason to go?" Neena insisted, crying again. "This isn't about you, honey. It's between me and my family. I thought that I...well, that was a mistake. I was mistaken." She took a shaky breath, her knees giving out. "Why do I have to pick, Rogue? Why can't I have both?"

<Rogue> "This ain't 'bout y'all either, Neena. It's just tha last straw." She refused to look at her friend as she continued packing. She had wanted to for a while but had stayed for Sam. Maybe she could kidnap him... Not like he would mind if she used a bit of her Southern Charm. "Consider yaself lucky that ya got a family. Everybody has ta pick sometimes. Ah picked when Ah was twelve. Think y'all bein' much older can make a more sound decision than Ah did.”

<Neena> "You can't leave. God!" Neena threw up her hands. "Ok. Fine. Think of Sam. He'd follow you to the end of the world, I've said that already. But is it really fair to take him away from the school? To make him choose? Because even if you don't want it to be like that, it will be. Because he loves you."

<Rogue> "Ya right. It ain't. But Ah swore ta him that if Ah left 'gain, Ah'd take him with me. So that's what Ah'm doin'. He's all Ah need in tha world, shithead that he can be'r not. So we'll be fine."

<Neena> She tried to meet her roommate's eyes. "Rogue. Please. Think of what you're doing. He might come along happily now, but who's to say you both won't be thinking what would have happened if you stayed here. Please, honey. Don't make this mistake, just...consider yourself lucky. Sam would follow you. Ben wouldn't follow me. At least you know he'd go with, that should be enough!"

<Rogue> "Mistake? Mistake?" Rogue finally looked over at Neena. "No, mistake is leavin' when Ah was twelve which caused mah parents ta die in a car crash. That was a fuckin' mistake. This?" She pointed at her bag, "This is mah way of life."

<Neena> "Well, change it then. Running solves nothing! It just makes more problems!" Neena shook her head. "There's no reason for you to go. You have friends that love you, and even though Sam can be...well, you know...he still really cares for you. You can't just toss that away and take a gamble like - oh." Neena sat very quietly as she heard herself talk.

<Rogue> "No! Ah don't wanna change it. Ever think Ah might like how Ah live mah life? Ah'm a rogue. Just as mah name suggests. It's who Ah am. Y'all need ta get used ta it. Everybody else has." She glowered for a moment before going back to packing. "Ah wouldn't be tossin' him away. He's goin' with me."

<Neena> She looked up at Rogue, her mind spinning. "What about us, though? Don't we matter? Don't your friends matter?"

<Rogue> "Ain't got any," she gave Neena a level stare. "Rogues don't have friends."

<Neena> "That's a lie," Neena shot back. "That's a lie and you know it. Stop it, Rogue. I get it, ok? I get it." She crossed her arms. "Now stop with the act and help me figure out what the hell I'm going to do."

<Rogue> "Act?" Rogue snorted, "Sugah, this ain't no act. Ah'm really packin' an' Ah'm really goin' ta get Sam an' Ah'm really leavin'. As f' what y'all're gonna do? Looks like ya hoppin' on a plane at six. Which is in," Rogue glanced at the clock, "two hours. Get movin'."

<Neena> "I'm not going. Well, not permanently, anyway," Neena crossed her arms. "I'm not transferring out. You said it yourself, Rogue. This is the only safe place for me. And besides, just because Ben doesn't love me doesn't mean I don't have friends that do. But I won't lose the vineyard. So stop packing and help me figure out what to tell my uncle."

<Rogue> "Y'all might not be, but Ah am." She did pause though to look over at her, "So what do y'all want me ta do? Ah've already told ya that ya should smack him a good one an' tell him he's bein' stupid."

<Rogue> "'Sides, sounds like y'all got it all figured out already any road."

<Neena> "I'm not going to tell him anything because he's not mine anymore," Neena replied, rubbing at the place where her ring used to be. "I don't want to leave, but I don't want to lose the vineyard either."

<Rogue> "So then save it f' ya uncle. 'Cause he's bein' just as stupid." Rogue went to the bathroom and gathered up her toothbrush and hairbrush.

<Neena> The rubbing of her empty finger continued. "I can't hit my uncle. He's a gargantuan Greek man. Besides, he's just being himself," Neena yawned. She was feeling emotionally drained beyond belief, and her chest felt heavy. Too heavy, so much she couldn't breathe. "Rogue?"

<Rogue> "What, Neena?" Rogue paused in her packing to look up at her friend. "Ah don't know what ta tell ya. Ah've never been in y'alls position an' Ah likely won't ever. So Ah have no idea."

<Neena> "Rogue, we broke up!" She put her face in her hands and cried, hard. She had been so caught up with leaving, she managed to put her fight with Ben aside, but as Neena began to rethink her leaving, the night's events hit her fully. SHe doubled over on the bed, sobbing her heart out. "It's over!"

<Rogue> Rogue froze and just stared at Neena for a moment before going to sit next to her and pulling her to rest her head in her lap, running her gloved fingers through Neena's hair. "Shh, sugah. It's alright. It ain't over 'till tha fat lady sings," she laughed a bit, trying to get Neena's spirits lifted a bit.

<Neena> "He said I didn't appreciate him anymore, that he felt like nothing he did was right! I made him feel like that! Because I couldn't tell him what was going on!" Neena hiccupped. "I blamed him for my problems, Rogue. I was scared for him, and all I did was argue and put him down! I gave him back my ring!"

<Rogue> "That is not y'all's fault, Nee-Nee. Y'all appreciate him just fine. He's just bein' ignorant again." She continued to run her fingers through Neena's hair and started humming a soft lullaby from her childhood as she thought about what to say about the ring.

<Rogue> "If it makes ya feel any better, sugah, that's what Ah did with Sam... Yelled at him. Argued with him. All 'cause Ah was scared shitless... Fight'r flight, right? Well Ah fought 'cause Ah love him. F' once, flight wasn't mah first reaction, an' it just so happened that flight was y'all's last reaction. Givin' back a ring ain't tha end all, be all... It can be retrieved."

<Neena> "But how do I fix it? He broke his guitar when he found out about the vineyard. He said he didn't want to go with what he wanted if I was giving up what I wanted. But that's not what I meant! He's more important to me than anything, Rogue. I love Ben! It's the stupidest thing I've ever done, but I can't help it! I love him."

<Neena> She sniffed, taking a shaky breath. "What do I do now? All I can think of is going there and begging my uncle to give me the vineyard and let me come back to New York."

<Rogue> Rogue laughed, "Fallin' in love is stupid, ain't it?" She shushed her again and reached for the kleenex box on the nightstand, handing it to her. "Sounds like Ben's had a fit of autism'r somethin'," she smirked. "Anyway, sugah, if that's what y'all think is tha right thing ta do, then do it."

<Neena> "Thanks," she took the kleenex and wiped her nose. "You think so? I'll try it then. I'll go and talk to him. Explain everything. I just hope it works. But- I don't have time to talk to Ben before I go. Do you think he'll be ok? Do you think I can get him back?"

<Rogue> "No tellin' hun... But ya cain't let yaself worry 'bout it yet or ya won't get ya uncle ta listen ta ya." She smirked down at Neena, "How do y'all eat an elephant, sugah?"

<Neena> She blinked up at her roommate. "Um. I don't know."

<Rogue> "One bite at a time."

<Neena> Neena blinked again, then smiled wanly. "Oh. I get it," she sat up. "You're right, as usual, honey. Just tell me one thing before I get back to packing. Will you be here when I come back?" She gave Rogue her most hopeful look.

<Rogue> Rogue grinned, "Yeah. Reverse psychology f' tha win." Oh, she'd been hanging around Bobby too much... "Though, Ah do plan on goin' an' gettin' Sam an' maybe goin' f' some good waffles at tha Waffle House... Keep me posted, 'kay?"

<Neena> "Will do," she replied, shaking her head and grinning. "You are too crafty! I owe you though. And I promise I'll call, just as soon as I get to Cali."

<Rogue> "Good. Though, Ah wasn't lyin'... Runnin' is mah way of life." She gave Neena a wary look, "Y'all realize that don'tcha? Ah cain't stay f' somewhere long..."

<Neena> "You've mentioned it," she replied over her shoulder. "But I have a feeling a certain country boy will change that in you before long."

<Rogue> "Doubtful, but a nice thought."
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:doh!

Ben you lunatic what were you thinking!!!

Regardless of that,

This instance was AWESOME!! :thumbsup Much :love:love to the ladies!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS