10/9 Instance: Sewer Chicken Surprise

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline.

Bobby: "I swear I was sure I got all the boxes out of here when I got our room last fall, babe," Bobby was wedged in the back of the basement storage closet by the geek lair, straddling a large blue plastic tub. He brushed cobwebs from his hair and wrinkled his nose at the long boxes even further back in the closet.

Lorna: "You never know what's back here. It's like a blackhole of things we've sort of forgotten about." Lorna looked up from her box, pulling a bit of cobweb off of her nose before she tried again. "I just hope that they're in here. Can't think of anywhere else to look."

Bobby: "Maybe we really did use them all? The mice really liked them..." Bobby edged around the tub and stepped into another tiny open space. Oh... that box looked familiar, actually. He reached for the sticker-covered banana box and didn't quite stifle a short scream. "Spider!" He froze the critter and cleared his throat, shooting a sheepish grin back at Lorna.

Lorna: "Yeah, it's possible. Hope not though - Gah!" Lorna half stood up as Bobby announced the spider's presence and looked back sheepishly as well as she settled back down. "Maybe we should actually pull them all out. Might be safer.”

Bobby: "As wise as you are beautiful as always," he said with a grin and started pulling out every likely looking box. "Besides, if I spend much longer back here I'm gonna need a Twister mat."

Lorna: "Oh if we find the Twister mat we're so playing. It's been ages." Lorna sounded quite amused at the idea as she helped shove boxes out. "What are we even going to do when we find one anyway?"

Bobby: "As long as we take it back to the room..." He paused in handing her a box to arch a suggestive brow. "I dunno... I mean, just compare? I guess the ones we found could have just been dyed, but what would they have been doing down there?"

Lorna: Shrugging, Lorna cracked open another box and took a seat out in the open. "Who knows, maybe we really stumbled upon the humble abode of down on their luck drag queens. They're just boa feathers." She sighed, digging through and not finding anything featherlike. "But yeah, compare would be good."

Bobby: He laughed, grabbing the last couple possibilities and picking his way back out himself. "That'd be pretty fucking funny. Maybe there're whole troupes of drag queens living under the city. They're the fabulous phantoms of the drag clubs."

Lorna: "...So that's where Howlett's been spending his free time!" Lorna clapped excitedly at the idea of the tunnel wide parades. "I would pay to see that. Definitely." She glanced through the last bits of the box in front of her, not finding anything so pulled the next one up.

Bobby: "I'm putting the sizzle in the subways, chickadees!" Bobby popped out a hip and pouted at her before breaking down into snickers and plopping onto a seat across from her. He opened the lid, quickly realizing this must have been one of Doug's old boxes by the collection of books and papers in ... was that Russian? "....next."

Lorna: "HA!" Lorna covered her mouth and bit her lip to keep from laughing too hard. "Oh man, that was pretty ghetto fabulous right there!" There were just far too many boxes to go through it seemed. "We really accumulate a lot of stuff, don't we?"

Bobby: "I think this must really be a black hole." He checked through another box, but realized he had no idea who belonged to this junk. A thought occurred and he looked up. "Dude... this is kinda creepy. All the stuff people just left behind."

Lorna: "Are you really about to get strangely morose about the stuff we find in the closet?" Lorna snatched some papers out of the box Bobby had, trying to figure out who they had belonged to. "Hmm, not sure. The handwriting doesn't look familiar."

Bobby: "Nah, I just think when Xavier locks up people in his secret dungeon he says they 'went home' and hides all their stuff back there." He pointed into the depths of the room and whistled a few bars of the Twilight Zone theme.

Lorna: "...you know what this means, don't you?" Lorna held the papers close. "These are the secret records of the invisible dancing staff. Truly, we have unearthed a treasure." She chuckled and put the papers back and returning to her box and nearly had a conniption when she saw something red. "Damn, it's a puppet...I think."

Bobby: He looked up from his box with interest. "A puppet?!" He leaned over to see and laughed. "It's Elmo! D'awww." Bobby got up to shove the boxes they'd already searched back into the closet.

Lorna: "It is!" Lorna scooped Elmo up and tried to do the voice. "Elmo's seen too much in the closet! Dirty things... and Narnia!"

Bobby: "Heeheehee... you should totally keep Elmo. Save him from the darkness." Bobby sat back down, picking up a box he thought looked more familiar.

Lorna: "I think we should put Elmo in random rooms. Just imagine him brightening your day when you come into a classroom. There's Elmo, watching." Lorna snorted and put Elmo in her lap to go back to digging.

Bobby: "Watching. Much like Forge, and ..." He tilted his head to look at the puppet. "Red face, hairy, voyeuristic tendencies... Elmo is Forge!" He reached over to pat the toy and then Lorna's leg before returning to the box. Aha, this one was his crap. ...and there was that Carmen Electra Playboy...

Lorna: "Oh my God. I'm never going to watch Sesame Street in the same way again." Lorna grinned and slid over to him more, recognizing some of the stuff. "Hey, something red." She pointed to the far corner of the box, deciding not to rib him too much about the Playboy. It would be more amusing later.

Bobby: "It is!" Bobby slipped the magazine flat against the side of the box as he reached for the red object, quite slickly concealing it he thought. He picked the plastic bag from the corner and shook it, the feathers fluffing up inside. "Score!"

Lorna: "Awesome! Oh the mice'll be so happy once we're done with them." Lorna grabbed the sewer feathers from off of the coffee table and held one up. "Hmm."

Bobby: "Hmm..." He picked another feather out of the bag and then another to compare. "Wow."

Lorna: "They look pretty similar, don't you think?" Lorna held her feather closer to the others. "Definitely it doesn't look like something off of a boa anyway."

Bobby: "Definitely not a boa." Bobby was staring at the matching feathers in his hand. Big, red feathers that he'd never expected to see again. "What the hell would Jay be doing down there?"

Lorna: "Well...judging by the tents? I'd say living." Lorna chewed on her lip, not really wanting to think of Jay holding up down there. "Where did he go when he left the school anyway?"

Bobby: "Yeah..." His tone matched hers. That was just... kind of sad. If it was true. "Maybe it's not... I mean, I guess now we need to have McCoy or Scott check the DNA or something?" He twirled a feather contemplatively. "...I really don't know. They left while we were, y'know, gone."

Lorna: "Yeah...I know." She forced herself to quit chewing on her lip and straightened her back, looking over the feathers again. "Yeah, best to hand them over. Better than us speculating anyway."

Bobby: Bobby nodded once and tucked Jay's feathers back into the bag, keeping the sewer chicken feathers separate. "I guess there's no point wondering more until we really know for sure?" He made a face, shoving the rest of the boxes back into the closet.

Lorna: "Well now I wonder who else is down there." If Jay was there there was a chance Jillian could be too. There had been too many tents for it to just be them though.

Bobby: "I know." He came back to her and picked at some other junk in his box before looking up at her. "We're not going back alone again though... no way. Jay, and maybe Jill, they're one thing, but..."

Lorna: "But we have no idea who else can be down there." Lorna nodded. "It was a bad idea in the first place and would be a horrible idea a second time around." She picked at the edge of the box. "Well, I guess the only thing we can do next is give them to Scott and McCoy really."

Bobby: "Sounds good, boss lady." Bobby tilted his head to give her a crooked grin. "Guess once we really know... then we'll really know?"

Lorna: "Then we'll have to figure out from there." Lorna chuckled a bit at the grin as she pulled herself up. "I mean, maybe we'll have to try to get some communication? I don't even know."

Bobby: "I vote next time we send Cess in first. If the CHUD are hostile she can blind them with shiny." Bobby resettled the contents of the box so he could pick it up, making sure his rediscovered treasure was well hidden.

Lorna: "Ha, yeah, Cess would be good for first contact, wouldn't she?" Lorna tucked the feathers away and dusted herself off as she waited for Bobby. "Guess we might as well drop them off down there now, yeah? No time like the present."

Bobby: "Good plan. Hmm... First contact... that gives me disturbing mental images of the Borg living under the city." He followed her out, giving a quick wolf whistle as she dusted off her rear. "I think I liked Howlett better..."
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Jinkies! A clue!
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

:shifty :icarus :jillian
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

"Spider!" He froze the critter and cleared his throat, shooting a sheepish grin back at Lorna.
Bobby just made it on Adriana's list, and she isn't even there yet. :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Wow ... Re-instituted Moorlocks ... kinda ...

Wish I had more time to keep up on everyone's Instances etc. This place is addictive!
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

Bobby: "Nah, I just think when Xavier locks up people in his secret dungeon he says they 'went home' and hides all their stuff back there."
ooo, evil Xavier :shifty. lol!
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

oooh dun dun dun!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

.......duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. that's creepy.
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone