10/9 Instance: Twisted Tales

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

Andreas: The sleek red car slowly (and therefore unwillingly) inched its way through a surprisingly heavy monday afternoon traffic, jumping from free space to free space whenever possible and accompanied by cursing in no less than two different languages, sometimes even in a third when the two former merged into something like "Saudriver!"

Tessa: Tessa shook her head at Andy, turning slightly pinker by the minute as traffic had them in a midday snarl, almost stopped dead. "You know, I think you might get less insults yelled at you if you gave the other drivers more than an inch of room..." She very nearly chuckled, lacing her fingers together in her lap, content to wait as she hadn't been told where they were going.

Andreas: "They don't deserve it! They drive Japanese cars, for crissake!" He spotted a bit of parking space and accelerated with what could only be called as a 'velocity so inappropiate it comes out on the other side and becomes legal because no one wants to face a lunatic like you'.

Andreas: Forcing the Porsche down to a screeching halt Andreas took a deep breath in and turned over to his finacé. "We're there!"

Tessa: "Because some people are actually concerned about petrol prices here, not everyone has endless pockets, you know." She reached over and took his hand as he waved it about, smling as he accelerated; she was already snugged into her seat quite firmly. "You do realize this isn't the Autobahn..." She looked over to where he was looking and went quiet for a moment, sliding a look back towards him.

Andreas: "I figured instead of going with tradition and wrestling te family one out of my mother's dead claws, why not start a new tradition?" Tessa received a look that eagerly searched for approval in her face, quickly followed by a boyish smile.

Andreas: "Don't worry, you can keep the nut."

Tessa: That made her snicker shortly, giving Andy one long eyeroll before leaning over and pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Why thank you. I just fell in love with the mechanical part." She wondered if he already had a ring picked out, or whether they'd be choosing one. She honestly hadn't the slghtest idea what kind of ring she'd like to wear...

Andreas: "Cool." He opened the door and hurried around to hold the passenger's one open for her too. It was always kind of a hustle, her prefering to do that on her own, him being the loveable aristocratic elitist he was.

Andreas: "I'll just assume that your extremely well-tuned female taste will lead you to the right kind of ring." He gave her a wink. "Seeing as I'm male and therefore genetically disabled from having taste at all."

Tessa: His admission made Tessa laugh, as it was just so true. The man might have good taste in cars, but not jewelry. She winked back at him once she stood, letting his arm drift over her waist, putting her head on his shoulder for a second before they started walking. "I'd like you to look with me, too. I want you to at least like the ring."

Andreas: "I like the person wearing it, no matter what it looks like." He gave her a kiss on the forehead, thinking that they must look like one of those newly wed couples. Here was hoping they wouldn't ever really become this clichéed.

Tessa: "Good. But it's still going to be nice." She smiled at his expression, ruffling his hair once for good measure before holding the door open for him, slightly taken aback by the shiny things in glass cases. This was going to be interesting.

Andreas: Well, there went his manly pride, all blown away by his fiancé holding open the door for him. Good thing he was distracted by a lot of sparkles and a clerk hurrying up to them, asking how he could be of service.

Andreas: "Uhm...something elegant that makes her look even better, I think?" A doubtful look got cast unto Tessa.

Tessa: Tessa gave Andy an unreadable look, glancing at the glass case in front of her, looking for a ring that didn't have a stone the size of her fist on it. "Hopefully not something I could hurt someone with..." She murmured, once Andy had stepped forward.

Andreas: "Not that I couldn't afford it if she wanted to!" he added hastily to not have his financial manhood being cut down. "I think a clear stone is the way to go?"

Tessa: "Color, cut, carat, and clarity." Tessa sounded off, following the clerk--he simpered, that got on her nerves a little. And if he didn't stop calling her Miss it wouldn't get better. "Something a little simpler would be good. I don't want it to clash if I'll be wearing it every day."

Andreas: 'Dragged along boyfriend', finally a role he could play fairly well. So he followed the two others in hopes of the next question being "Which credit card you'll be paying with, Sir?" and nothing else.

Tessa: Tessa gave a small, nervous chuckle at the guy in the suit--she'd stopped thinking clerk as he wasn't clerical at all--pointed out a ring that could have easily weighed two pounds. "I think....oh. That's pretty."

Tessa: She gestured at a little silver band with a kind of twist in it; that was the kind of simple she was looking for.

Andreas: Looking over her shoulder he had to search a bit before his eyes met what she was pointing at. "Hey, I like that design." He rested his chin on her shoulder.

Andreas: "Twisted, exactly like you..."

Tessa: "...you want to be hit, don't you?" Tess waited a beat before she continued, softer, "We are twisted." She reached up and rested her arm on his shoulder, one hand around the back of his neck. "I like it too. Want to see it on?"

Andreas: Instead of giving an answer he nodded towards the clerk, which didn't hesitate to hurriedly open the showcase and get the ring out. He was about to hand it over to Tessa when Andreas stepped in. "May I?"

Andreas: He picked up the ring from the man's hand and then kneeled down in front of his fiancé, softly taking her hand into his and letting the ring glide onto her ring finger.

Andreas: ...sadly it was a slight bit too wide. "Bummer..."

Tessa: Tessa held back a snicker, barely, at his actions, taking his free hand and tugging him back up to his feet. "They can size them, kordi. I like it... I think enough to get it."

Andreas: He smirked at her. "Is that the point where I nonchalantly throw a bundle of money on the table and say 'We're getting two of 'em, for good measure.'?"

Tessa: "No... unless you have some desire to." She touched their noses together, hiding a smile as she took the ring back off and setting it on the glass. Her finger felt strangely...bare without something on it. Which was odd as she didn't normally wear anything on it.

Andreas: "Okay, we're going with plastic then." He looked over to the other man, catching a short glimpse of him rubbing his hands together before he stopped it and gave his customers a very attentive look.

Andreas: "I would like to have this fitted and delivered asap....Oh, wait..." He gently pulled Tessa into a whispered conversation. "Do you think it would be a good idea to have something being delivered to the mansion?"

Tessa: "Uh, no. I think it would be better to do it ourselves." She hadn't thought of that... they couldn't have anything delivered to the mansion now. And how would they get a marriage certificate? She blew out a breath slowly once they'd both turned back. This would be interesting.

Andreas: "Okay." He turned around again. "Change of plans: Fitted asap, then you'll be calling me. I assume that is possible?" Though this was stated like a question it was rather transfered as a command.

Tessa: Tessa held out her hand when the Penguin Boy asked for it, slipping a fitting ring on her finger and noting the size. She was moderately glad he hadn't raised a brow at Andy's tone; he must have been used to that. "This is...strange. Shopping for an engagement ring."

Andreas: "We'll see how you think about it when you shop for a wedding dress, won't we?" He gave her an encouraging wink.

Tessa: Wedding dress. "I really hadn't thought about that. I need to talk to a girl...they know more about dresses." She hid her paling face well, with a hand up around her eyes. Okay, wedding stuff might take some working on.

Andreas: "I wasn't aware that you not qualify as 'a girl'. I might have to reconsider my proposal." Seeing her flustered out made its way straight into the little scrapbook he kept in the back of his mind. He would pull this moment out during cold nights to warm him.

Tessa: "Oh, I do. I just don't wear...dresses. Often." Tessa knew he was joking about it, but still. It was a little discomfitting that he seemed so at ease in this. Probably the fact that he had more money coming to him than was in this entire store. That so didn't help.

Andreas: Now that everything was done Andreas noticed a certain uneasy poking in his stomach. "Say, wanna go grab some food before we head back?"

Tessa: "Yeah. That'd be nice... Rae mentioned a sandwich place somewhere around here." She leaned over and placed a kiss on his cheek, noting the slight drop on his face. "Cheer up. We get food."

[Edited on 10-10-2008 by Slarti]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Oooooo, they're all official! Congrats to the twisted couple :tophat
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

woot, congrats :D
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

It doesn't cease to surprise me that no one ever comments on what a maniac Andy is behind the steering wheel :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I haven't been following this couple, but this was really, really well written. Lots of great internalization and interaction with each other. Needs to be made into a short story!

Tessa reminds me of the OC in my Crawlerfic. The wedding dress scene is one I've actually shown to my friends ... the "non-girly" kind.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

yay!:thumbup congrats to the "twisted" pair!
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com