10/12 Instance: Ringpops & Apologies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Timeline after Best Buddies.

Neena: Neena leaned her head back against the chair to take in some sun. The book in her hand had remained on the same page for almost half an hour. It was just too nice of a day to read. She closed her eyes, the warmth of the day inviting and calming.

Benny: He crept down the wall and then on the floor, slowly, moving to the back of Neena's chair. Popping up behind her he put his hands over her eyes. "You're under arrest!" he said gruffly.

Neena: Her hands flew up to his, and Neena tensed momentarily. "Har har. Nice one," she took Ben's hand away from her eyes and squinted up at him. "I can't see you. Sit. Over there," she pointed to the chair next to hers.

Benny: Ben grinned and danced over to the chair. He did his usual dance, "The Carlton", winking and pointing to
Neena the whole way. "It's not unusual, to be loved, by anyone!"

Neena: She blinked, finally registering that he was moving. In a coordinated fashion. On his own. "Omigod! You're better!" Neena laughed and kissed Ben's cheek, releived. "When did this happen? And so quick!"

Benny: "Well I was in bed, and then a beautiful Golden angel came to me and said 'Ben... I will heal you... but don't ever stick squirrels in my pants again or I will take it back.' And I realized it was Josh, and now I'm here." He kissed her back on the cheek. Holding her arms in his hands he shrugged and pulled her close

Benny: and with a firm kiss, squeezed her tight.

Neena: "I'll have to thank Josh later," she said quietly. "He and Rachel are too nice to you, do you know that?"

Benny: "Oh I know." Ben said. "I know..." Ben looked around. "So... I'd say I'm sorry, but there's something else I want to say first."

Neena: "Yeah? Me too," she blushed. "But you can go first. Oh, wait. Can I sit on you? Or will it hurt you?"

Benny: "Actually Neena, what I got to tell you is very important." Ben got on one knee and pulled from his pocket a small black ring box. "Neena Thurman, will you please mary me, and indirectly save my ass for the rest of our lives?" He opened the box to reveal a cherry flavored ring-pop. "By the way, this is temporary... I can't exactly get to the bank." He whispered.

Neena: There was a long pause. A longer pause. Neena blinked and stared at the ring pop, her stomach suddenly dropping to her feet and her heart rising to her throat. It was suddenly very hard to breathe. "You want me to...marry you?"

Benny: "I want you to say yes." Ben said holding the ring pop out. "And I'm sure of it. Never been more sure. We got plenty of time to sit down and plan out a wedding, we got even more time to save up and do what we need to. I don't want to rush it, but I want you to know it's all I want. To spend the rest of my days with you. I love you so much."

Neena: If he had told her he was changing his name and moving to Guatemala, it wouldn't have shocked her more than the proposal. Neena pressed her hands to her cheek, to her chest, and back to her cheeks. "Oh my god, oh my god! You're serious!" Her heart felt like it was going to jump out of her body. "What am I supposed to say?"

Benny: "Uhm... I would prefer yes..." Ben offered. "I mean... that'd be a really cool thing to say..." Ben looked away real quick to the floor, beginning to doubt himself.

Neena: "Well, shit! Idiot!" she took his chin in her hands and made him look at her. "Yes. Of course," she grinned stupidly. "But- I don't actually have to wear that, do I? You know I only wear Cartier."

Benny: "Once I can go to the bank, once I'm sure my assets aren't frozen cuz I'm a fugitive mutant or whatever, I will get you the shiniest ring that our female friends approve of." He winked. Standing up he pulled her close and kissed her passionately.

Benny: "You're all the glam and shine I need Lucky-Cricket." Ben said to her softly.

Neena: "Yes, but a ring would be nice. A real one," she teased, pulling away and making him sit again. "But can you do me a favor?" She crawled onto his lap and started to eat the ring pop.

Benny: "If it's talk to your family, I plan on doing so. Once they call you again, that is."

Neena: "Oh god no. This is not something I want my family knowing about yet. Let's just enjoy it ourselves, ok? Not tell anyone yet. At least until you get the ring." She looked at him imploringly. "The last thing I need is for my mother to be going to bridal shows on my behalf. You know how they are."

Benny: "I do. Which is why I want to clear it up with them, and your brother, as soon as possible." He said. "I want to be with you, through school, through everything. They should know how serious I am. Now hat's the favor?

Neena: "Well, that was the favor," Neena rolled her eyes. "You're insane if you think that they'll sit quietly by while we go our merry way and do what we want. There'll be calls everyday, not to mention my mother will contact every living relative we have," she closed her eyes, shuddering.

Benny: "Maybe some of the dead ones too..." Ben grumbled. "However, I think it's worth it. I want this, I know you do, we can give it some time sure, but it's smarter to get it straight to them sooner."

Neena: "Ugh. Fine," she sat quietly. "Hey. About that night...I shouldn't have walked out like that. I'm sorry. You're not a mistake. I love you so much, I just had too much on my plate."

Benny: "I'm the fool." Ben said. "I'm the one who let you walk out, who said those horrible things, who kept sneaking out. I'm sorry. And I want to make it better, to live happily with you. I do. I want kids, I want everything. After this whole thing, I realize now what I really want."

Neena: "Well, if you want to talk to my parents, you'll get your chance." she cleared her throat. "Since I missed my flight, I still have to go out to California to talk to my uncle."

Benny: Ben frowned. "I thought..." As soon as he began the sentence he realized what she was saying. "I can go with you?!" he asked excitedly.

Neena: "Well, yeah. I mean, if you want to. I managed to wheedle the airline to book two tickets using the money from my missed one. Good thing my uncle's got influence with them," she grinned. "I'm going to talk to him. Explain everything. I can't have that vineyard leave our family, Ben. You have to understand that. That estate is the pride of my family. It's the whole reason my parents can afford to live in MOnterey."

Neena: "And I'm sure my uncle feels the same way. He's just scared. Like I was," Neena hugged Ben close. "I'm really sorry. I am. It's my fault you got into that airport mess in the first place."

Benny: Ben shook his head but returned the embrace. "I don't want to talk about faults. It happened, it's over, thanks to you, Rachel, and Josh I'm back, and now we can live our lives. I say we go to San Francisco, and everywhere else in California, and really just be happy." He kissed her forehead. "I understand completely. And I think you should do it."

Neena: "Well you should," she winked at him playfully. "If I get just the vineyard and my uncle sells the horse ranch, we'll be filthy stinking rich. We won't have to worry about money for the rest of our lives. Plus I'll be super happy working my dream job." Neena traced circles on Ben's shoulder. "You're better now, right?"

Benny: Ben put a finger to her lips. "Money is fine... but it's not what I need. I'll be happy as long as I have you and my music. Remember that." Ben kissed her on the forehead again and allowed her to nuzzle him. "Yeah... I'm better."

Neena: "Well, there's a room, upstairs, that has a bed. And sheets," she sighed, pulling away. "Oh, but you're probably still too tired..."

Benny: Ben picked her up and began to run to the bed rooms. "Wah-oo!" he yelled.

Ben: Ben dropped her on the bed once they reached her room and leapt up onto it, dancing, wiggling his knees together.

Neena: Neena watched him and laughed. "You really get excited about this kind of thing, don't you?" she reached out her arms. "Come here."

Ben: flopping down beside her and nuzzled her neck. "Om, nom, nom, nom!"

Neena: She giggled as he blew rasberries into her neck and hugged him. Neena looked up at the ceiling as they settled in, laying quietly. Through the haze of her own happiness, a thought nagged at the back of her mind. "Hey. You didn't, um, you didn't ask out of apology, did you?" she said quietly. "Like, to make up with me?"

Ben: Ben froze and looked into her eyes. "Are you serious? Like really, you really think I would do that out of apology? Neena, it's all I could think about the whole time in that bed, and I've been beating it around for a few weeks already! I don't care how 'quick' it's been!"

Ben: "I love you, and I don't need anything to validate it!"

Neena: "Well, you've done stupider things," she mumbled. "It's just surprising. I mean, shit! I never thought things worked like this! Like...bang! Boom! It makes no sense!" She brought his forehead down to hers and smiled softly. "You really...make me reckless, you know? I think I'm getting as crazy as you, because...well the rest of my life with you sounds pretty good."

Ben: "I think it all makes perfect sense! And you know what, you'd have to be as crazy to say yes to someone like me!" He grabbed her waist and pulled it into his. "Which is why I love you so damn much, you hot-muffin-you!"

Neena: "Ack, Ben, I can't breathe!" Neena gasped, grinning. "You do realize that...you're marrying into the most insane family in the universe? That you're marrying me? You'll be stuck with me for a long, long time. Which means being stuck with Lazarus and my mom, and my dad, et cetera."

Ben: "Neena... I'm marrying you. They come with you, but I'm marrying you. You do realize, at this wedding... my mother is going to not only be crying but pleading you to not take her little boy away from her. And Josh will be my Best Man."

Neena: "Josh I can handle," she winked up at him. "You're mom won't be the only one crying. It'll be a godforsaken river." She sighed a little. "This is nuts. You're nuts. And now you've turned me nuts. And I can't beleive I think it's not a bad idea! What have you done, Ben?"

Ben: "Neena, there is nothing I want more. If you don't want this... if you're even feeling an inkling of doubt now... I gota know..."

Neena: "Why wouldn't I want this?" Neena shook her head. "I was ready to give up my inheritance for you, stupid. Of course I want this. It was just a surprise. I thought about it, sure but I didn't think you'd really do it for a while." She kissed him. "But wow. I'm so happy I don't know what to do with myself. I'm sorry if I sound a little cold, honey."

Ben: "Hey," He pecked her on each of her cheeks and then planted one on the tip of her nose. "How's about we stop the talking and start the celebrating?" Ben asked, pulling off her socks. "I mean... as a newly engaged couple... we should be doing newly engaged things right?"

Neena: "Right," she replied happily, working on the buttons of his shirt. "I agree wholeheartedly."
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Bwaha! "beautiful golden angel" indeed. :elixir is frightened.

And he seriously got a Ring-Pop. I love you, Benny.

That was reeeeally sweet you two. OMG. I want to be proposed to in such a cute way. *cries sugar-coated tears*
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young