11/18 Instance: Couples Suite

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

11/18 Instance: Couples Suite

Post by littlebamf »

((Timeline: After "Meeting Pietro" & "N00b Runnings"))

Neena: Neena sighed as she unbelted her tunic and hung the belt in the closet. She took a second to note that her clothes were overwhelming the small space before turning to Ben with a smile. "Sorry I took over here. I didn't realize how much clothes I had in my closet until I had to share it."

Benny: Ben sat back in his web hammock. "Please, take over! I'm done!" He pointed to hi clothes in a pile on the end of the bed. Then he pointed to his guitars leaning against the walls. "You need help?"

Neena: She raised an eyebrow at the pile. "No. I'm all unpacked, I'm just categorizing now. Please tell me those aren't going to stay there. You know I can't sleep with anything at my feet."

Benny: "I'll get 'em..." Ben said, waving his hand dismissively. "I'm not going to worry about my bag of fall/winter clothes until... well until fall or winter set in."

Neena: "Of course you wouldn't," Neena laughed. "I, on the other hand, categorize by season. It keeps me on my toes," she came over to the bed and flopped down on it. "It's nice to be back, though."

Benny: Ben got up off his hammock and laid down beside her. "Let me ask you some thing, why is it we suddenly were roomed together?" He looked over to her. "This has been running through my head.... and man I can't figure it out... sort of weird coincidence."

Neena: "Yeah. I kinda tried not to think about it," she rolled on her side to look at him. "I mean, I didn't tell anyone here, and you only told Rachel and Josh, right?"

Benny: "Rachel, Josh, and Rogue, yeah that's it..." He thought about what he had just said and was able to leap to the ceiling in time to avoid her smack.

Neena: "You told her? Ben, what's the matter with you? I told you not to tell! I wanted to tell Rogue myself when I had a ring!" Neena cried, looking up at him. "And come down from there, right now, don't be a coward!" She stuck out her tongue for emphasis.

Benny: "Only if you promise not to decorate our new room with my blood." He pointed to her. "I only told her because I couldn't hold it in, I had to tell someone I trusted. No way, no how, would Rogue have told anybody. That's why I told her. She keeps secrets like it's nobody's business."

Neena: "Don't be ridiculous and come down, the only thing I'm decorating this room with are my photos." She leaned back on the headboard and pouted prettily. "I wanted to tell. No fair."

Benny: Ben landed beside her and kissed the top of her head. "If it makes you feel any better, she thought it was a dumb idea, but that's probably only because I told her. She didn't think it was bad, just too early." He shrugged. "Whatever. That's our problem, not hers or anyone elses..."

Neena: "Did you tell her you proposed with a lollipop? Because, you know, that wouldn't help your case," she teased. "Well, that was three more people than I wanted to know. But at least you gave me the excuse to tell Kate," Neena grinned.

Benny: Ben's jaw dropped. "So looks like we're both sneaks..." he said. "Okay, what're the chances one of the three who go here spilled?"

Neena: "I don't think Rachel would say anything. I mean, I specifically told her not to. What about Josh?"

Benny: "Nawww... not Josh... but... well one of the three had to! I mean... this is just too convenient." He pulled her inclose to him. "Not that I'm complaining... but I wanna know who spilled the beans..."

Neena: "You don't think they told everyone, do you?" Neena mused, a bit apprehensive. "I mean, I kinda wanted to do that myself, you know?"

"Oh, I know. You made it very clear..." He sat up and looked to the door. "I think I should go sleuth about... maybe ask around see if people have been talking 'bout us while we were gone..."

He got up and looked from her to the door. "I mean think about it, I was gone with you in San Francisco all summer, that's after what happened in the airport.

Who wouldn't be talking? Mostly everyone here was disappointed in my registration! Not to toot our horn, but I bet we were the talk of the school aside from Rahne?"

"Oh my god," Neena felt her face go red at the thought. "Do you really think so?" She saw him make a move for the door knob and grabbed his arm to stop him. "Wait, Ben! You're not seriously thinking of asking around?"

"... Why not?" He asked confused. "Wait, you're right! I'm wearing the same shirt I was working out in!" he ran over to the bed and threw his dirty shirt in the corner of the room. Taking a blue and red shirt from under the others, the pile falling over, and threw it on.

"Okay... fresh 'n clean!"

"No!" Neena sighed, exasperated. "Come here. We're not going to tramp about the school like gossipy old people asking around if anyone knew we were engaged. Now sit!" She pointed to the spot next to her. "Wait, pick up your shirt first and put it in the hamper for goodness' sakes."

Ben picked it off the floor, rolling his eyes, and imitated a free-throw to the hamper. "Kobe!" it missed. ".... Boo."

He walked over and placed it in. "Okay, so you really don't want me to go ask around? You're not concerned?

Neena shook her head. "I didn't say that, but don't you think that it would be awkward? I mean what if they only told a few people? Or what if they just told the staff? What if they were trying to do us a favor?"

"..." Ben hadn't thought of that. "Wow... see this is why we're great together I'm too impulsive and you balance me out. It's a damn good thing too..."

"No matter how messed up rock and roll leaves me, even if I'm left looking like Ozzy, I'll at least have you."

"Aw," Neena smiled wide. "Come here, crazy," she reached up and took his hand, kissing his palm. "Damn you and your talk. It gets you out of everything, doesn't it? Now sit and lets think about this like the rational adults we are."

"Rational adults?!" Ben hollered. "Neena you make funny!" he said in his fake Russian accent.

"Yes, yes, I make funny," she laughed and dragged him down to the bed. "You're so insane, I swear. I really don't think the news was spread so wide. So it really wouldn't be wise to go around asking. I'm hoping just the staff knows."

"I'm thinking maybe I'm so insanely in love..." Ben said, falling down on top of her. "I'm going insane..." He gave her a cracked smile and began to chew on her nose. "Om, nom, nom, nom!"

Neena giggled and tried to push him off. "Down boy! I said no chewing until after dinner!" She managed to roll Ben off and paused to look at him. "Like I was saying before my fiance went insane, hopefully just the right people know."

"After all," she lowered her voice unnecessarily. "Tessa and Andy got engaged recently too...and she has her ring and all...I'm ok with letting her have the spotlight for now. I don't want to make her share." She paused. "OK, so maybe I don't want to share."

"Meh.... I'm not concerned." Ben bit her arm. "Yommy yommy!"

"Don't leave a mark!" She tried to warn, but it came out as a tickled gasp as he continued his path down to her ribcage. Neena laughed and cried out, "Ok, ok! I give! Enough!"

"I figured you would..." Ben said, pouncing atop of her. "I think we should break in our new room... our first room as an engaged couple..." He kissed her gently and put his hand to her face, brushing it softly.

Neena turned to nuzzle the hand on her cheek, catching a peek at the clock. "But it's only three in the afternoon," she protested half heartedly.

"And? I'm not asking to drink, for cripes sake! I wanna gititon!" Ben picked her up and put her on top of him. "I wanna kiss my beautiful bride-to-be while she kisses me..."

"Ok, ok!" Neena sighed dramatically, rolling her eyes and pretending to be annoyed. A sly grin played on her face as she nuzzled Ben's neck. "If you insist."