12/04 Instance: Welcome Back Cassidy

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

12/04 Instance: Welcome Back Cassidy

Post by Starfish »

Timline: Current.

Cessily: Cessily sat down at the kitchen table, a cup of fresh coffee in one hand and her mail in the other. Taking a sip from the hot beverage, she then went to sift through the letters and magazines she had received.

Sean: Sean tried to creep as quietly as he could towards the kitchen. Although it was a hotbed of socialization usually, he desperatley needed a cup of coffee. He took a look around the oddly empty hallway. Regardless...tis good te be home

Sean: Sean entered the kitchen and noticed an all to familiar shape sitting at the table. He dropped his bag on the floor and cleared his throat, "Errr aye there Cess, ye miss me?"

Cessily: Cessily glanced up from her mail, blinking once at Sean. He looked worn and unshaven, but the dialect was unmistakeably his. "Sean!? Wow, haven't seen you in a while." She put on a small smile. "How have you been?"

Sean: "Uh...I've been better lass, but tis good te be home," Sean said trying to force a small smile to block out what he had just been through.

Sean: He ran his hand over his scruff, "I know I must look quite the fright in this state lass but, I uh guess I've just been so busy I haven't hadf time te shave," Sean said sheepishly.

Sean: "And yeself?"

Cessily: "Oh, I see. Well, I guess the beard won't run away by itself, so how about a cup of coffee first. Get some while it's fresh." She gestured at the pot on the counter. "And I'm doing fine, I guess. Busy with classes and everything else, as usual. Going through the joys of job-hunting at the moment."

Sean: Coffee! "Thanks lass, I think I shall," Sean said as he went towards the cupboard for a mug.

Sean: Sean got a mug a went and poured himself a cup of coffee and took a moment and inhaled the sweet aroma, reveling in it for a moment.

Sean: "So....job hunting ye say lass, what field ye looking inte?"

Cessily: Cessily shrugged, shifting her index finger into a slim blade to slice open one of the envelopes. "I don't think I can be really fussy about that. At the moment, I'd be happy to find something that I can reach with my scooter, doesn't clash with my classes, and where obvious mutants without a valid registration ID are employed."

Cessily: She gave a lopsided smile. "So, I've already took my expectations down a notch. Fortunately, I can occasionally sell one or two of my pictures to a magazine or a newspaper and earn a few bucks that way."

Sean: "So I would guess greeter at Crate and Barrell is out?" Sean said slightly nudging Cess.

Sean: "Well...why not be a freelance photographer fer a paper or somesuch...bein an obvious mutant will keep the other photogs outta yer way," Sean said with a smile that finally ignited the glint in his grey-green eyes.

Sean: "Or even better...be a papparazzo, with yer powers ye can get all the shots ye need te make a fortune."

Cessily: Cessily had to laugh. "Yeah, well, that's true. You don't make big money with shots of nature, wildlife, or people and places. Or any of the more artsy stuff. Not unless you already made a name of yourself, I guess." She shrugged again. "I guess you have to photograph celebrities, scandals and sex to become really successful. Best if all three of that happens to be in the same picture."

Cessily: "Though, taking really great pictures requires travelling to the places where you can take these. Which in turn requires some money and lots of spare time to start with." She sighed. "So, I'm looking for something that will earn me a bit before I have the time to focus on my career, you know?"

Sean: "Tis true...so everything around here has been same ol shite pretty much?"

Sean: Sean look a sip of the coffee and felt the warmth travel through his body. I sure missed this in the pokey

Cessily: "More or less," Cessily confirmed and took another sip. She unfolded the letter and glanced over it. "Dear Ms. Kincaid... we're sorry to... please add a copy of your registration ID..." Cessily crumpled the paper and tossed it in the bin. "Oh well. So, how have you been? Took an extended summer break or what?"

Sean: Sean squirmed uncomfortably against the counter, "Errr went home and found meself in a bit of a pickle of sorts."

Sean: Ye knew someone was gonna ask where the hell ye been Seany boy, at least this one won't judge ye

Cessily: "Oh my, that's never nice," Cessily commented, making a face. "No family problems, I hope?"

Sean: "Somethin like that...ye remember what happened te me cousin Colleen right?" Sean said his voice cracking a bit at the thought of what had happened to her. Nevermind the sequence of events afterwards.

Cessily: Cessily frowned. "Yeah, I think so," she replied. "Uhm, she died a while ago, right?"

Sean: "Aye...somethin along those lines," Sean said trying to compose himself. "Well the person responsible I paid a little err visit to when he got away with it."

Sean: "Long story short things got kinda outta hand and things happened and before I knew it, I went home te visit me mum and was greeted by the Kilkenny constable and some weasly little prosecutor."

Cessily: Cessily tried to follow Sean's tale, but wasn't too sure if she got him right. "Uhm, so you got arrested," she asked, her eyebrows arching.

Sean: "Aye...that I did and stood trial during which I was incarcerated." "But was acquitted considering everyone except the prosecutor thought what occurred was justice," Sean said smirking a bit.

Sean: "Guess ye could say I got away with murder, although what happened was an accident of self-preservation."

Cessily: Cessily blinked a couple of times. "Somehow... this doesn't sound too plausible," she found. Apparently Sean had a tendency to embellish a story, Cessily figured. "Uhm, so there was an accident and you got acquitted. Well, that's good... I guess. Only fair, I'd say." She gave an awkward smile, not sure if she actually wanted to know what exactly happened. "Well, now you're back."

Sean: "Fair it was but I can see the skeptecism on ye face lass, yes I technically caused his death but only to prevent me own."

Sean: "But I'm glad te be back....I've seen a couple unfamiliar faces around and none too many familiar ones...who's still about?"

Cessily: "Oh, most people still are, but some graduated and left already. Like Japh, Alex and Meggan, for example," Cessily explained, slowly going through the rest of her mail. "Other are staying to help out the staff. And we got some new students again, as well. There's my new roomie, for one: Adriana. And a funny guy called Wade."

Sean: "Ah so...some left and such, well I must be hospitable te the newbies then shan't I, but dun get me wrong lass. The Sean Cassidy ye knew died in prison, I'm a changed man Cess."

Cessily: "Oh really," she asked with a smirk. "How so? Did you discover the wonders of male bonding in there?" She waved a hand. "Just joking. Well, unless you did, of course. Not that there's anything wrong with that." She bit her lip, then gave a shrug a moment later. "Uhm, so, what do you mean?"

Sean: "Bein locked up with degenerates and criminals made me take a hard look at meself, I've realzied me conduct in the past has been....questionable at best."

Sean: "I claim te be a gentlemen, bout time I started acting like one...instead of a right git!"

Sean: Sean took another sip of coffee as he realized something, "I almost forgot, I brought ye something ye might like."

Cessily: Cessily arched an eyebrow. "Oh, okay. Now that sounds actually promising," she found, smiling at him. "And well, I guess you're right. You did a few stupid things back then, to be honest. Though, we all did , at some point. As long as we learn from that, it's half as bad." She sat up, smile widened. "Ooh, really? You got me something?"

Sean: "Aye that I did," Sean said as he opened his bag and pulled out a parcel wrapped in brown paper. He placed it in front of Cessily, "Go on then lass open it."

Cessily: "Thanks. Though, you really didn't have to do that." She took the package with a smile. "Not that I'd deny a gift." After carefully unwrapping it, she held up the framed picture. "Oh, that's really pretty. I love the countryside. Reminds me of the time I visit Rahne and Vic in Scotland. Thanks again." She smiled once more.

Sean: "Not a problem lass, though it's actually the countryside outside Cassidy Keep...took the photo meself...thought ye'd like it," Sean said with a smile.

Sean: "Well I need te go check in with Dr. X see if me old bed is still open or if I've got a new roomie...also...is err Ju still around?"

Cessily: Cessily glances up from the picture. "Oh, yes, she still is. Though, she's got a new roomie now. Monet, another new student." She frowned for a second. "If you want a good word of advice, I'd give her some distance. I'm not sure if she'd react well to see you again."

Sean: Sean was slightly stunned, "Really now...might I ask why?"

Cessily: "Uhm, well, she went through a lot recently. Her mother died not long ago and then you just disappeared, so I don't think that she'd be in the best mood at the moment." Cessily sighed. "In fact, I don't think that she's really looking for any relationship right now."

Sean: "I can respect that, but regardless I'd still like te see her at very least let her know I'm here if she needs me fer anythin, but thanks fer the heads up Cess."

Sean: Sean finished his coffee, "Well let me go check in and clean up this mess ye see and I'll see ye around Cess, it's good te see ye well," Sean said with a smile.

Cessily: "Alright, see you later." Cessily waved at him, before returning to leaf through a fashion magazine that had come in the mail. "Take care!"

Sean: "Ye too lass," Sean said over his shoulder as he slung his bag over his shoulder and headed towards Dr. Xavier's office.

Sean: Aye...tis definatley good te be home
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen