12/22 Instance: Heads Will Roll

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

12/22 Instance: Heads Will Roll

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline current

Sam: Sam stood, attentive but wrapped up in himself, arms hugging his lower chest. He listened to the regular clawing and thumps and couldn't help wonder which were Marie's attempts. God, just to get her back and have another chance at explaining himself.

Moonbeam: Water, no matter what temperature, felt good right now. It wasn't that she could feel the water, it was rather that she could feel herself getting moisturized. She never used anything but soap to keep herself plain smelling but made sure to stay under the water the whole time. If her skin dried out, it was never a good thing. Not for anybody.

Jason: "Well, at least they seem to be able to keep a rhythm." Jason commented with a yawn, sitting down against the wall and listening to the thudding noises.

Sam: He gave Jason a semi-betrayed look. "They're out there hurtin' themselves tryin' to get in here. Our friends. Cause somethin's gone and hurt them and done this to them."

Jason: "I...know?" Sometimes Jason had a deep wish that people were more like him, especially in tense or otherwise serious situations. Most times though he realized that there actually was too much of a good thing and he wouldprobably just see it as competition anyway. "Stay serious or stay quiet, got you."

Monet: Monet let the water run over her head and she let out a sigh. This was going to get old fast. She ran her hands over her hair and was glad there was a wall seperating her and Moon. Monet picked up her soap and started to lather up, gritting her teeth as she felt the tiny scars under her fingertips. And her father thought she'd be safer here. Ha! At least she still had her powers, though.

Sam: "Ah'm sorry. It's just...Ah've. Ah feel bad is all. About things. Ah shouldn't take it out on you." He turned to look at Jason and then flicked his eyes resolutely forward again. Right. Girls in showers.

Jason: An apology? Jason looked up, obviously perplexed that people like Sam actually existed. "You know, you are far too nice."

Pietro: "It's really no sense in arguing right now. You couldn't have known that something like this would happen so for now just focus at the task at hand." Pietro smiled at him, trying to console him.

Moonbeam: "I really can't stay" but baby it's cold outside "I've got to go away" But Baby it's cold outside "This evening has beeeen, sooo very nice..." I'll hold your hands, they're cold as ice... She swayed in the water as she sang, holding the bar of soap like a microphone.

Sam: He thought about that a minute. "Um. How can someone be too nice?" He glanced hastily at Pietro. "Well, Ah know. It's just..." He ran a hand through his shortened locks and sighed again.

Monet: Monet narrowed her eyes and smacked a hand hard against the tile, "Could you stop that, please?! I really don't need to hear your out of tune voice while I'm trying to get clean and get out."

Jason: "Don't want to turn into a doormat." Jason shrugged. "Somehow you manage it, though I might not be the person to judge...is she singing in there?" He fell quiet, listening.

Moonbeam: "Fine." Moon mumbled. Miserable wench. "It's just a song... Shower singing is like... an American pass time."

Monet: "I really could care less. I'm trying to concentrate on still keeping this damned place shielded. Your voice is giving me a headache which makes that difficult."

Pietro: "Sounded like B.B. King. Though I wonder why she stopped..."

Moonbeam: "Yes ma'am." Moon saluted her from the otherside of the wall and turned off the shower head. Throwing a towel over her head she dried herself off as best as possible, but most of the water had soaked in so it didn't really matter. Throwing her shirt and pants back on she walked out bear foot nodding to the guys. "Thank you boys."

Sam: "Ah dunno. She's Rogue's roommate but we never really spent much time in there..." He shifted his feet uneasily. "Hopefully her tongue didn't fall out."

Sam: He nodded his head. "No problem Ma'am."

Jason: Jason snorted, not able to help but imagine a tongue suddenly flopping to the ground of the shower. "Oh that shouldn't be as funny as I found it."

Monet: Monet let out a breath as she was left alone in the showers and she leaned forward to rest her arms and forehead on the cool tile. How much longer did they have to stay trapped here? She was going to go insane. She sucked in a sharp breath and straightened. She could do this, she'd been able to get through worse.

Moonbeam: Moon stood next to Sam. "I've already spoken to Lorna, but..." She leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. "Again,... I'm sorry. I-as a room mate I feel like I've let her, and you, and Lorna and Bobby down. I should've been in there more."

Sam: "Ain't your fault." He looked down at his toes. "You didn't do anything wrong."

Moonbeam: "I know. Lorna said the same thing... I just... I want you to know I'm sorry." She hugged him awkwardly, unsure of how he'd handle it.

Jason: Watching Sam and Moon for a moment, Jason looked to Pietro to see if he was finding this exchange as odd and awkward as Jason was.

Pietro: "If I only had a Kodak camera, because this looks like one of those moments." He said to Jason.

Sam: "Um...alright. Thanks." His arms were pinned down by her hug so he kinda just stood there like a penguin until she let him go.

Jason: He laughed, standing back up and leaning against the wall. "Photographic evidence is always a nice thing. Comes in handy."

Monet: Monet rolled her neck and continued to wash herself, trying not to think about the situation too much. She couldn't afford to panic in front of these people. Remy would only make fun of her. She would lose all credibility with everyone else and they would join in with him. She pulled her towel from the rack as she reached down to turn off the water then wrapped the disgusting thing around her.

Moonbeam: "Oh you want one too?" Moon asked Jason with a coy smile on her face. She leapt up and hugged him as well squeezing him a little too tight. "Should I lick you with my carpet-dry tongue as well?"

Sam: He couldn't resist a sly smile towards Jason at that. He may be nice, but he wasn't a saint.

Monet: Monet dried off completely and pulled her clothes from the bench near her shower and dressed herself quickly, making sure her hips were covered before coming out. "Merci."

Jason: Jason was sure that his face was doing absolutely nothing to not make this scene comical in a very horror movie sense of the word. It had contorted in a manner where he hadn't even realized his eyebrow or lip could curl like that. It would figure that this would be the kind of zombie they weren't currently fighting to keep off of them. "Well, suddenly I've lost all the appetite I had. Thank you Moon."

Sam: "Ma'am." He nodded to Monet who emerged as well. "Who's left then?"

Moonbeam: "No problem Spanky." She said, patting him on the bum. "Time for you chaps to go shine up nice!" She winked at them and did a princess-in-parade wave.

Monet: "I'm the last one out. And don't call me ma'am." She looked over at Jason and tilted her head with a smirk, "Oh, that's too bad. More for me then."

Jason: Oh, right, shower, salvation from zombie hugs and groping. "Spanky?" God, had that story gotten around? He glanced over at Monet, not needing to make a face as he was just now letting himself uncurl from the surprise undead glomp.

Sam: "Ok...guess we're up then guys." He slipped through the door and looked around. It felt odd showering with the girls right there, but he pulled his shirt off, waiting for the other guys to come in.

Monet: Monet's smirk turned into a snicker and she leaned against the wall near him, "Spanky, huh?"

Moonbeam: "Just seemed... fitting for the moment. I think I'll keep it for a while, return it when I'm done." She laughed. "Feel free to use it." She glanced at her nails, happy they finally had the dead... whatever, out from under them. "You doing okay?"

Monet: Monet glanced over at Moonbeam, "I'm sorry were you speaking to me?"

Pietro: Pietro threw his shirt and shoes into a corner and hung his pants next to one of the towels. He didn't care that there were girls right there; if anything he relished the opportunity.

Moonbeam: "Guess not." Moon said smiling. Ugh! What?! "You doing okay, I asked."

Jason: Jason just sighed, knowing that if he commented the nickname would somehow stick. Instead he headed for the shower. "Thank fuck. Could definitely use one, eh?"

Sam: He wrinkled his face at his shirt. "Ah suppose Ah could wear mah uniform and give these a wash. This is just...Ah can't picture wearin' these same clothes day in day out. Maybe Ah could shampoo them too you think?"

Monet: "I'm just fine." Monet crossed her arms and tried to focus on her task. Anything to keep her mind off of the general situation. And the fact that there was a living dead girl beside her while her classmates had also been turned into zombies. Her eyes narrowed and she cut her eyes to Moon, looking her up and down for a moment.

Moonbeam: She checking me out or checking my vitals? Moon wondered. "You afraid of me or just... genuinely suspicious? Like everyone else who can't deal with what I do?"

Jason: "Couldn't hurt, I'll probably have to resort to doing something about everyone's smell and whatnot if we have to stay down here too long." No need to live in stench if you could trick it away after all.

Sam: His face scrunched up in thought. "You can do that?"

Pietro: "You can shampoo them by the way." Pietro said as he lathered some in his hands. "It actually works pretty well. It gets out paint stains and what not."

Sam: Stepping forward into the shower he decided to follow it the old fashioned way. "Yeah? You sound handy with laundry." His mouth quirked to one side. "First day Ah did laundry Ah had soap suds everywhere."

Jason: "Well, make you not think that it's there anyway." Jason shrugged, heading for the shower as well, turning the water on and already feeling a good deal better for it.

Monet: "You are like a zombie after all. The rest of them out there," she nodded to the doors where she heard all of the scraping and pounding sounds, "are a form of a zombie as well. Just wondering is all..."

Sam: "Yeah, but isn't that still...kinda unhealthy? Ah mean, Ah've gotten dirty before, but there are limits aren't there?"

Moon: Moon stamped her foot. "The fact that you would assume that I can even do anything like that is almost half as heinous as the idea that you think I am ethically capable of doing that!" She nearly screeched. "I am down here, just like you, and you don't see me nibbling on any of you, right?"

Monet: Monet smirked at the outburst, "My, my. Someone needs a time out."

Pietro: "It doesn't get dirt and other stains out completely, but if smelling clean is your mission then shampoo is your friend here."

Jason: "Oh yes, definitely limits. That was me attempting to be optimistic in not pointing out we could be down here long enough for it to be a problem." He laughed. "Not optimistic too terrible often so I was destined to fail there."

Sam: He sniffed. "Strawberry." He shrugged. "Ah'll take smellin' like a girl to smellin' like a horse."

Moon: "You need a spoonful of 'common sense'!" Moon said. "There is no way that I could... nor would I-... argh!" She shook her head. "You know what I can do? Kill myself. Kill myself and talk to dead people. That's it. And guess what, if they kill you all, I'll be here talking to all of you. Forever. You think I want that?"

Jason: "Sure you want to smell like food though?"

Monet: "So then just continually kill yourself and you shouldn't have to worry about it."

Sam: "Food?" He scrubbed his shirt industriously. "Well to be honest Ah don't think strawberry shampoo really smells like strawberries. Ah certainly wouldn't wanna eat it." His tummy rumbled loudly. "Aww man, why did you have to bring that up?"

Pietro: "It beats smelling like...ah what is this again?" He turned the shampoo bottle nearby towards him and read the name: "Lovers' Paradise"

Pietro: "How exactly does one smell like Lovers' Paradise anyway? What does that even smell like?"

Sam: Sam's mouth went firmly closed. Really...he didn't want to contribute to that one. And...dangit, if there was something that gnawed worse than his empty belly it was Marie.

Jason: "Probably quite badly actually. Smelling like that would be reasons to take a shower."

Pietro: "Well, it's too late now. I've already rinsed and repeated." He turned off the shower nozzle and put his clothes back on. "I'm gonna wait for you guys outside, ok?"

Sam: "Alrighty." He wrung his shirt out really well and gave his pants a lighter scrubbing before, semi embarrassed, doing his tighty whities. Laundry done, he finished giving himself a scrub and crossed to his locker, drawing out his uniform.

Jason: "Right." Jason turned the shower off and sorted through his clothes, mentally making a note that it would for now on be a good idea to keep at least one spare change of clothing down here.

Moon: Moon shook her head and bit her lip. "You know... you are so heartless sometimes..." She spat. "And you know what? You're a terrible person, for the way you treat others. And someday, it's gonna bite you. Bad, and hard."

Pietro: "Oh man I've intruded at the wrong time. Everything alright here, Moon?"

Monet: Monet rolled her eyes and shook her head, "If you care what I think about me then you are sadly mistaken."

Sam: The only thing he'd not considered was the fact that he'd have to go underwearless under his uniform. He glanced down nervously, hoping nothing would show up.

Moon: "I-... I...." Moon shook her head and turned her back to Monet. "You're more heartless, brainless, soulless, and thoughtless than all those borgs right upstairs clawing to get in here and eat you! You're colder than a cadaver and more wicked than a vampire. You're twice as undead as I am, and that's all I have to say about that." She fixed her eyes on Pietros so she wouldn't have to look at Monet's.

Monet: "Well look at you. Are you trying to outdo the Mr. Grinch song? I think you need a few more verses in there."

Pietro: "Hey, hey, hey! C'mon Meanie, we're all in this together. It's no use fighting. I'm pretty sure everyone down here needs to remain sane and calm and arguing won't help that."

Monet: "I'm sane. I'm also perfectly calm." She looked back at Pietro, "So in other words, I'm not arguing, Pervert. She is. And either way, why would you risk your own neck getting in between two girls fighting?"

Pietro: "I just don't think that fightning amongst ourselves is the best thing right now." He said solemnly. "Let's just go back to 'camp.'"

Monet: "We still have two people in the showers. How smart would that be to leave them in there?"

Jason: "Well, that's a bit better at least." Jason commented, rummaging through lockers to see if there was possibly anything still in one of them.

Moon: "About as smart as accusing the person who let you in here of being responsible for turning all the freak-o's upstairs."

Monet: "I wasn't saying you turned them, imbecile. I was simply stating you could be one. Zombies stick together, after all. Don't they?"

Pietro: "I forgot they were still in there." Pietro murmured to himself.

Sam: "Yeah, Ah suppose." He went and opened the locker next to him, feeling like he was prying, but it was empty. Whoops. He knew that. Bobby's was five down. Feeling guilty and curious all in one he opened it, staring around at the lot in there. Pictures of Lorna were everywhere and his forehead crinkled up, feeling worse about his accusations.

Moon: Moon's grin turned evil, her eyeballs rolled into the back of her head and she let her head drop onto her shoulder. Holding her arms out like Frankenstein's creature she pretended to march over to Monet.

Moon: "Braaaains... eat the salty bitch!" She gurgled.

Sam: They all told a story - the two of them together smiling, Lorna laughing at something off camera, hats...lord those two had something for hats. Digging a bit deeper he went bright red as he found another picture, this one of Lorna in bright red men's underpants. And just bright red men's underpants. "Oh lord!"

Jason: "Anything good?" Jason made a face as the lockers he opened up proved useless, even for entertainment's sake.

Jason: "...sounds like you've found something good anyway."

Sam: "Uh. No!" He tucked the picture away hastily. "Just...things."

Jason: "Things?" Jason sounded thoroughly disappointed that Sam was hording discoveries.

Monet: Monet shook her head and reached out to pull Moon's head off her neck. "Right. Because you can actually digest food." Monet snickered and rolled her head several feet away.

Moon: "Bitch!" Her head said as it rolled away. Her decapitated body swung its arms around angrily and bumped into Pietro and the wall.

Sam: "Yeah, just...things." He plucked out a pair of boxers than hung handily by and held them up. "Unless you want them?"

Monet: Monet cackled as Moon's body swung around. "Oh that's rich."

Jason: "...as much as wearing my own sullied clothes lacks appeal I don't really want to go for mystery boxers."

Moon: Moon's head called to Pietro for assistance. "Hey! Speedy! You mind!?"

Pietro: "Oh yeah, sure." He said as he went over to Moon's head, never taking his eyes off of Monet.

Sam: "Yeah, well, yeah." He was glad Jason had bought it. How the heck was he gonna look at Lorna and explain that one? "Um. Ah think Ah found a half empty bag of doritos here though. Ain't much, but it's somethin'."

Jason: "Fantastic." Doritos, despite probably a great lack in nutrition value, was a much more welcome find than transformer boxers.

Pietro: "Here you are." He said as he lifted her head back onto her shoulders. He snickered at the whole situation, hoping Moon wouldn't get angry at him for that.

Moon: "Stop snickering or I'll make sure you join my collection of dead-buddies." She grumbled at him. As her head screwed on the right way and she cracked it back into place, she turned to Monet with a curled lip.

Sam: "Yeah, well, it's gonna be interesting to divvy up between all of us, but maybe we can find more things."

Jason: Jason nodded, cracking open another locker in what he was sure was a vain hope.

Monet: Monet arched an eyebrow at Moon's look and leaned against the wall again. "Dizzy?"

Sam: "Ooooh, powerade!" He brandished the bottle that he'd found in the next undescript locker. "It ain't food...but it's better than just water Ah suppose for makin' you feel like you've gotten somethin'." His stomach rumbled again. "Damn." He looked up at a particularily loud thump. "You think they're gonna get us even after all this wait?"

Jason: "Well, I can't really say being a mindless drone is the way I'd want to go so I sure as hell hope not." Jason pulled out a package from one of the lockers, opened it and made a face. "I think whatever this is that it's too passed it's prime for us to consider."

Sam: He made an answering face but his heart wasn't really in it. "Well...Ah'm wonderin' if there is a point to this. Hidin' and everythin'."

Moon: Moon ignored Monet's taunting and decided that this bitch, no matter how angry she was at her, was not worth it.

Jason: "What would you rather do?" Jason put the package back. Maybe whoever it belonged to was strangely attached to it.

Sam: "Maybe go out there. Try and do somethin' to help. It's gotta be better than sittin' in here like rats." He slammed the door closed a bit louder than he needed to. "Doesn't seem right."

Monet: Monet looked at the door as she heard a loud clang sound. She pushed the door open and peeked her head inside, "You boys playing nice?"

Jason: You are helpless, and are of no real use. Well, that point was even more strongly punctuated. He looked up as Monet appeared. "We're just slightly alarmed at some of the locker's contents."

Moon: "Like you are?" Moon spat to Monet.

Jason: Jason's head tilted as he heard Moon outside. "Tensions?"

Monet: "Oh, Moon's just losing her head a bit." Monet grinned at Jason. "Did you find anything useful?"

Sam: "We're just havin' a looksee to try and find food." He grew a bit worried and followed Jason out. "Anythin' happen?"

Moon: "Argh!" Moon shook with anger. "Yousuchaferkinfrikkinstupidmothasucka!"

Jason: "Losing her head?" Jason had a feeling by Monet's grin there was a story behind that. "Doritos, gatorade, some novelty boxers if anyone is particularly interested. I think Sam found something more exciting but he didn't seem too interested in shar...ing?" Was Moon having a fit?

Monet: Monet cackled again at Moon's outburst. "Oh this is unhealthy. I'm losing my composure being here with you people."

Pietro: "What do you mean 'you people?'" Pietro spat out.

Sam: Sam gave Moon a large eyed look. Wow. That was some language, even for her. He tried to look innocent at Jason's accusations.

Jason: "I think we missed all the excitement, Sam." Jason sounded truly disappointed.

Pietro: "Just because we're not as elegant as you or something? You think you're some kind of god and we're "cramping your style" so to speak?"

Sam: "What happened? It's been all of fifteen minutes..." His arms went back up and around himself. "Ah can't think of what y'all got into in that amount of time."

Moon: "No, she thinks she's a princess Pietro. Stuck in a cell with the commonfolk. And it will be a rude awakening when the doors break and she looks to us for help."

Monet: "I wouldn't put it that way. But since you did, I'm not going to disagree." Monet smirked at Pietro. "Oh yes, Jason. You missed quite a bit."

Monet: "I do not need your help," she said flatly as she gave Moon a look. "I've done fine on my own before in similar situations. I do not need anyone."

Jason: "Oh well, I probably would have wanted popcorn if I were here for it anyway."

Moon: "Everyone. Needs. Someone." Moon said harshly.

Monet: "I'm not everyone. I'm my own person. I have not needed anyone for nearly two years."

Sam: "Man, will you stop with the food, Jason." The tone wasn't unkind, but he was always hungry. Being without was compounding the issue into massive proportions.

Moon: "Every dog." Moon suggested with a raspy voice. "Every dog.."

Sam: "Dog?" Now he was perplexed. "How did dogs get into this?"

Monet: "Has its day?" Monet finished with an arched eyebrow. "Good thing I'm not a dog then."
Pietro: Pietro chuckled to himself at Monet's statement. "Well..." He started his sentence, but decided to cut it short.

Jason: "I do believe Moon is trying to coyly call Monet a bitch. Though I don't know why she's bothering to beat around the bush with it considering all of the other things that have been said."

Sam: "Oh, man." He looked between them all. "Guys, we can't be fightin' like this. AIn't gonna help. Look...maybe we can go and relax and try and sleep or somethin'?"

Monet: "I have no clue. People say whatever they want about me anyway. Why would it bother me if she called me a bitch?" She arched an eyebrow at Sam, "Ok, bumpkin, like I told Pervert over there, I'm not arguing. Moon's just needing a time out."

Pietro: Pietro turned to Sam. "I tried that line earlier. She responded to it by rolling Moon's head into the wall."

Moon: "I'll put you in time out!" She roared coming at her.

Sam: "Bumpkin?" He looked at Monet askance. "You hit her?"

Sam: And then Moon was roaring like some sorta...well zombie. He went to catch her up.

Jason: "...So that's what we mean by losing her head." Jason tried not to laugh, really he did. Especially as there was a charging dead girl on the rampage.

Monet: Monet laughed hard and stuck her hand out to catch Moon's forehead and keep her away from her. "Oh, please. Really try next time." She nodded at what Jason said, "Yes, that's what we mean."

Pietro: "Ok, c'mon guys. Let's head back with the others. We're not doing any good here." He went over and pulled Moon away from Monet. "Cold.." he thought to himself.

Moon: "You frikkin, frakkin!" She kicked Pietro in the shin and shook his arm off. "I'll haunt you until you die!"

Sam: "Whoa girl. And don't you have to be a ghost to haunt her?" He stepped inbetween the two girls. "No point in wastin' your energy with this fightin'."

Jason: Shouldn't...laugh, not the time to laugh. Jason was having a difficult time listening to the inner voice that he rarely did heed in situations close to this.

Monet: "Who said we were fighting. Moon's throwing a tantrum and I'm laughing at her."

Sam: "You shouldn't bait her so much too, Monet. You know it goes both ways." Sam gave her a serious look. "You bait a lotta people you know?"

Moon: "I'll make sure they haunt her. And besides, I was fine until she accused me of being one of them!"

Monet: "I was just asking. Don't get so touchy. Maybe you should take lessons from me on how not to let people get to you." She smirked at Sam, "I know. And thank you so much for pointing that out, bumpkin," she pinched his cheek and made a face at him.

Sam: "Well Ah doubt you need it pointin' out of. Ah just don't understand why." He shrugged. "Ah guess Ah never understood your type in highschool neither."

Monet: "I have a type? Now that I wasn't aware of."

Moon: "Show poodle." Moon said. "That's your type."

Sam: "Yeah...you know. A sorta..." He shuffled for words and then made an apologetic face. "Mean girl? You know...don't have anythin' better to do than pick on others."

Monet: "Poodle?" Monet reached up to her hair, smoothing the straight locks further. "If you say so. But at least I'm pure bred." She laughed at Sam, "Well, being nice to you wouldn't be much fun would it?"

Sam: "Well Ah think so." He shrugged. "But then Ah've got some imagination." He'd edited that from 'a life' trying to be nicer.

Moon: "Pure bred? You're a nazi now huh? Little social-darwinist?" Moon crossed her arms. "You think you're better off on your own. You don't need any of us." She pointed to the door out of the DR. "Go. Prove it. Go beat 'em up, go get help, and show us pathetic pawns how it's done."

Jason: Jason went right ahead and ignored the inner voice and laughed. "We're not opening the doors up for anything now, as much as I'm amused by the veritable exposure on the mountainside aspect of the idea."

Monet: "You're the one who said show poodle. However, yes, I am blue blood." Monet shrugged, "If I didn't have any imagination, I wouldn't be able to come up with the insults I do. And I would very easily go out there. I could care less. However, I would not be doing it to help you."

Pietro: "Then what would you be doing it for?"

Monet: "Myself. I don't like being in here any more than you do."

Pietro: "We need supplies. If you decide to go out there, let me know. I'm sure I can outrun them and if we don't venture back to the school soon...well...let's not think about that."

Sam: He snickered with Jason, but not for the same reason. "Oh you are just exactly like a high school girl. You're blood may be blue but that don't make you a lady." He shook his head. "Don't worry, y'all will figure it out sooner or later." He offered his arm to Moon. "Ma'am?"

Monet: "I have my own speed, Pervert. However, the offer is noted."

Moon: Moon scoffed at Monet's response and turned to Sam. "Thank you." She said with a sweet smile and sudden uplifting change in her voice.

Jason: "Having fun playing with your food?" Jason dropped his voice, keeping his face straight as he started to move back towards the group.

Monet: Monet snickered, "I thought we had decided she wasn't appetizing. Though Sam's cheek seemed to hold enough meat." She grinned as she glanced over at him, "I feel like the witch in Hansel and Gretel."

Jason: Snickering with her, Jason nodded in agreement.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.