1/28 Instance: A Little Big Surprise

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: After the instance "Spreading the Cheery News".

rachel: Rachel hesitated at Josh's door, debating whether to knock or not since last time it hadn't gone so well. She decided against it and just walked in, flopping down on Josh's bed and burying her face in his pillow.

Josh: Josh glanced up as his girlfriend walked in dazedly and laid claim to his bed. Usually this wouldn't bother him, but as she'd taken possession of the pillow he'd been trying to use as a cushion between his back and the wall, he couldn't help feeling a little miffed.

Josh: "Hey, see this quilt? See how it's like... olive green or something? That makes it - and everything on it - mine. My kingdom. Foreigners have to pay a toll."

rachel: She turned her head, bringing her face out of the pillow as she raised an eyebrow, "What kind of toll?"

Josh: "Well." Josh leaned back languidly and smirked at her. "You could pay with your body."

rachel: "As tempting as that is, ugh..." Rachel returned her face to the pillow. Last thing she wanted to do after talking to Neena and Rogue.

Josh: "Hey, a kiss will suffice," he said, reaching out of massage her back. "What's wrong, babe?"

rachel: Rachel looked up at him again, "Beside the fact that Ben unleashing a small terror into the world? ...Well, I suppose Neena's doing the unleashing part, but it's Ben's doing too."

Josh: "... What? A small terror?" He looked at her blankly. "... You're not talking about his...." He gestured downward and lowered his voice. "Ben Junior, are you?"

rachel: That was not something she wanted to think about. Her face went back into the pillow and she mumbled, "No."

Josh: "Okay, okay, I'll be serious. Stop burrowing, will you? What's the matter?"

rachel: "Maybe I'm hoping I can smother myself, and the lack of oxygen will kill more of my brain. That way I won't remember that Neena's pregnant."

Josh: "If you do that, you might hurt other mental faculties, instead of your memo... Neena's what!?!"

rachel: "I'm fairly sure I said pregnant..." she shuddered.

Josh: Josh gaped. "How!?"

rachel: Rachel finally brought her face out of the pillow again to stare at him, "I would think it'd be fairly obvious..."

Josh: Josh rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I get that much. That 'how' was directed at The Powers That Be. Man, what's Neena going to do about it? Does Ben know?"

rachel: "Dunno," she shrugged.

Josh: "... And she's absolutely sure? It's not just a possibility, like what happened to us way back when?" Josh asked, trying not to squirm.

rachel: "What happen...?" Oh. Riiight. Ben had told her about that. "Nevermind. And, I'm pretty sure she's positive considering the mood swings I just had to suffer through."

Josh: "Wow." Josh rested his head in his hands and stared at the wall. "Another baby... If it's a mutant, I wonder what on earth its powers will be... Semi-psychic webbing?"

rachel: "Yeah, another baby..." Mutant baby... Somehow she imagined that being a disaster. Though, Johnny was fine so maybe not...

Josh: Suddenly Josh let ouf a loud groan. "Bet Ben will rope me into diaper-changing duty..."

rachel: Rachel shuddered, "Yeah, never helping with that... or anything else that involves actually interacting with the child, hopefully..."

Josh: "You should learn to like kids," Josh said. "They aren't so bad once they get past the spitting-up stage. And then the bed-wetting stage. And the sticking-everything-in-their-mouth stage."

rachel: She rolled her eyes, "That really gives me incentive."
Josh: "Aww, Rae. They're cute otherwise. And if you have kids, sometimes you can get family deals and pay less."

rachel: "Except overall children are still expensive."

Josh: "You can't tell me the idea of tiny hands, sticky with jam, tugging on the hem of your I-Love-Lucy skirt doesn't spark some latent maternal instinct in you."

rachel: "No. It just makes me want to go ew," she shook her head, "I can barely take care of myself with your help. I don't even want to think of trying to handle something else."

Josh: "At least you can take care of yourself to some extent, unlike bums like me, who sometimes forget to change their own underwear."

rachel: "You're not a bum," she rolled her eyes again, "And, everyone forgets to do that sometimes."

Josh: "Careful. We may have different definitions for 'sometimes.'"

rachel: "I'm going to take that as your way of telling me I don't want your definition of sometimes."

Josh: "That should be your golden rule from now on." Josh shifted, turning so he could drape his arm around her and see her face. "But even if you don't like kids, Neena's being pregnant might be a very good thing. A kid could be just what Ben needs to keep his feet on the ground."

rachel: "I don't think he has much of a choice. Neena's not going to put up with any of his bullshit," Rachel curled into him.

Josh: "That's why they're perfect for each other," Josh chuckled, hands creeping up to tickle her.

rachel: Giggling, she squirmed and swatted at his hand, "Stop!"

Josh: "Don't want to," he replied, grinning and searching for her most ticklish spots. "You knew there was a risk before you came in here."

rachel: "Not exactly what I was thinking about when I came in," Rachel managed to get out between breaths.

Josh: "It's another one of those golden rules."

rachel: "I'm not liking these rules now. I can't breathe."

Josh: "Then you should have paid the toll."

rachel: "I could, but I'm not very motivated to at the moment," she poked her tongue out at him.

Josh: "Fine, be that way. But I'm taking my pillow back."

[Edited on 28-1-09 by Starfish]
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Now that the stars are right, this can be properly posted. :)
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Thank you for your hard work, Star ^_^
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Love das flockige
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Love das flockige »

I didn't post a comment? Wha-?

Ok well my comment is that its a damn good thing Rachel has Josh to keep her in line.
Support Love's business, visit Kinosei: Plushies by MG

http://plushiesbymg.wordpress.com