2/20 Instance: Bee People and Mole Men

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Remy: He scowled at the book infront of him and made a couple of more notes before tugging on his hair. Preparing for this exam was going to melt his brain out his ears.

Selene: Selene trotted into the kitchen and went straight for the fridge. After taking out a bottle of tomato juice, she looked over to Remy. "Something interesting?" She asked, sitting down and crossing her legs on the chair.

Remy: "Not particularily." He looked up and gave her a smile. "Dis, plainly put, sucks."

Moon: "Argh!" Moon dropped her book on the table in front of Remy. "I hate Shakespeare!" She reached into the fridge and took some orange juice. Pouring it in a glass she added some tabasco sauce and ice cubes. "I mean who really cares?" she asked sipping.

Selene: She took a swallow of juice, then took a peek at Remy's book. "In that case, I really wouldn't do it." She gave a quick shrug. "Boring things are rarely worth doing."

Amara: Amara took a deep breath and let it out again. All unpacked at last. Now. Food. She nodded to herself. Mmmm food.... She headed for the kitchen and hoped the cooker wasn't occupied. She got to the doorway and saw that the kitchen was occupied but not the cooker. She smiled around at them "Hi! I'm back! Miss me?"

Selene: "Shakespeare, probably." Selene replied, titling her head far back to look at Moon, her face upside down. "And considering that you're the one seeing dead people here, I'd be concerned about that."

Moon: Moon pointed to Selene. "Exactly. Unless it's life changing scientific information, it's not going to benefit us, so who gives a crap? So some dude kills- Oh hey!" She waved. "Not at all, should I have?"

Remy: "Oh. Mara! Hey, when'd you get back into town?" He shook his head at Moon. "An' dis isn't shakespear, thank god."

Selene: Selene turned her head, still upside down, to look at Amara. "Hello." She waved with her free hand. "Welcome back to school."

Amara: Amara blinked, Moon's response catching her offguard, "Er... would have been nice..." she mumbled. Then continued to the cupboard to have a mooch at the tinned food. She glanced over her shoulder, "Couple of hours ago," she said, "And I'm determined never to visit my mother again." the tin in her hand exploded in a shower of tomato, "Ooops."

Moon: Moon snapped. "Oh! Amara! Hey I know you! Ex-Roomie!" She hugged her. "Sorry, totally forgot. I see so many people, dead and not." She looked at the tomato bits. "Yum..."

Remy: He wiped a glob of tomato off his face. "Yeahhhh...still havin' some problems dere wit' d' powers, petite?"

Amara: Amara smiled grimly, "Yeah... well..." she sighed, abandoning the cupboard and plonking herself in a seat, "It's her."

Selene: "Doesn't sound like an enjoyable journey then." Selene said, bringing her head back up again. "In that case, I bet you're glad to be back, no?" She frowned when some drops of tomato splattered her face.

Amara: "The journey part was fine. And all the parts without my mother in them." She sighed, "Next time I visit her it better be because she's dead." she folded her arms.

Moon: "Hold on!" She ran over to Selene and licked it off. "Good." She brushed off the tomato from her large collection of Shakespeare and decided maybe it wasn't so bad. Smashing her book into a glob and smearing it she grinned maliciously.

Moon: "Oh that's sad... well, I mean for you. I can always talk to her if you need it though."

Remy: "So y're murderin' tomatoes cause of y're maman?" He pulled a face at the mess Moon was making. "I don' think my son could make a better mess."

Selene: Selene gave Moon a wry smile as she took care of the tomato soup. "That isn't a hidden suggestion that we should go and take care of her for you, isn't it?" She asked Amara.

Amara: Amara frowned, "Some how I don't think that'd help much. She's swung right onto that anti-mutant status." she pouted slightly, "Won't even listen to my dad. She spent the entire time trying to get me to hide my gift and her constant pestering just made it harder." she smiled at Selene, "I don't think there's any hope for her."

Remy: He shrugged. "Time for y' t' head out on y're own without her den. If she can't accept y' for who y' are, non?"

Moon: "Ah. One of those. We've been coming across a lot of those lately with the Act." she finished smushing her book and fixed her hair.

Amara: "Yeah but she's my mother. She really wanted me to get into this place when Pietro went here she called and called and got turned down then I manifested and got accepted and she's hated me ever since. You think she'd be pleased I was in a good school."

Amara: "Dad's ok with it though and he's still based in London so I'll just live there now." She got up again, "Anyone want me to cook for them? Making some lasagne."

Selene: Selene raised her hand. "I'm always for delicious things." She announced, looking at Amara. "And that certainly are unpleasant news. Though, you always have this place to stay, don't you?"

Amara: "Yeah, I'm staying here for the holidays, been away long enough." She started gathering things from various cupboards, "Dad can't have me over Christmas anyway - he has a major contract looming and he needs to work too much."

Remy: "I'm good. Jus' tryin' t' worry my way through dis book." He gave her another glance. "Not plannin' on cookin' it on y're belly are y'?"

Amara: Amara laughed, "No, using the cooker," she told him, lighting the gas under a pot, "But if we ever got cut off I'd be useful, don'tcha think?"

Selene: "We could use her as a mobile barbecue grill." Selene told Remy with a nod. "She'd be perfect for meats of all kind. I've seen it done before in that one movie. I think it was called Hot Shots. Very strange film, though."

Remy: He laughed. "Well...'barbequin' meat' would make a boyfriend a little nervous, doncha think?

Amara: "Well this mutation has to be useful for something," She tossed some butter into the pan then threw in some mince, "I can't think of a use for the lava, the earthquakes or the mini volcanoes but the heat is handy."

Moon: "Wouldn't make a girlfriend nervous..." Moon said, licking her lips, remembering suddenly the few times she actually was in the room with Amara.

Amara: Amara grinned at Remy, "I'll just have to learn to control myself.... or find someone fireproof."

Moon: Moon quickly raised her hand. "ooh! OOoh! I've lit myself on fire, I don't get burned! Er... I don't stay burned."

Remy: "Y' should find y'rself a nice tropical island an' do d' whole 'volcano goddess' thing." He started tapping his pencil against his forehead and looked oddly at Moon. "Y' have weird fetishes girl."

Amara: Amara paused in her work, "You set youself on fire?" she turned to look at the girl, "Why?!"

Selene: Selene looked between the others with an arched eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure that cutlery girl is fireproof." She gave Amara a grin and gestured at Moon. "Isn't she weird? That's why I like her so much."

Moon: "'Cuz I can live through it?" She said, as if it was the most obvious thing ever. "Selene, remember that? The oil and the lighter?"

Moon: She winked to Selene. "I love being weird."

Amara: Amara sighed and shook her head, "By cutlery girl, do you mean Cess?" she stirred the mince, "She's fire proof. We tested that already."

Selene: "At least you didn't run around aflame and turned the house into ashes. I'd have hated it if I had to look for a new home."

Amara: Amara added some vegetables and mushrooms and an unexploded tin of chopped tomatos then left the pot to simmer slowlr while she pulled out another to make the sauce.

Moon: She whispered to Selene. "Does that smell good? I suspect it does."

Selene: "Yes, that would be Cess." Selene confirmed. She leaned closer to the pot and sniffed. "Indeed. It smells tasty."

Remy: "Y' both are made in weird heaven for each other, dat's true." He gave up studying for the minute and sat back. "So, why don' y' just stay here Amara? Ain't like anyone would kick y' out."

Amara: Amara smiled, she threw some butter into the second pot and let it melt then added flour and milk. "Mmm lasagne." She pulled out a baking tray and opened the packet of pasta.

Selene: "Sure they wouldn't." Selene agreed. "After all, they let even me stay here. Or zombie-chick here."

Remy: "Oh, dat's a cute pet name. Please tell me y' don' call her dat in bed."

Amara: "I probably will stay here. I'll see what happens." She started layering the meat sauce and pasta, "But it really hurts to have mum hate me so much. We used to be really close then she started climbing the social ladder..." Amara sighed heavily, adding the last layer of sauce and topping it with grated cheese before sliding the lot into the oven.

Moon: "Hey!" She said crossing her arms. "She can call me whatever she wants."

Selene: "And I sure as hell do." Selene confirmed. Before the lasagna could vanish in the oven, Selene snatched a fingertip full of sauce and licked it off. "Oh, that's delicious. Somehow makes me doubt my own cooking attempts somewhat."

Remy: He arched a brow and then tipped his head back, letting out a low suggestive groan. "Oh. Oh. Deady. Corpsy. Like dat." Cutting off the theatrics he made a face. "Tell me dat works for y'."

Amara: "Ten minutes," she said, clearing the counter and dropping the used pots into the sink, then cracked up at Remy.

Moon: "I think there's more important things that happen in that bed than name calling. After all, I'm Frankenstein's Bride in bed with all the shock-care I get." She said winking.

Remy: He closed his eyes and shook his head. "OK. More mind pictures dat I coulda done without."

Selene: Selene glanced between Remy, Moon, then Amara. "In case you're still wondering, Moon and I have a somewhat more intimate relationship." She said and put on a sheepish little smile. "You were away, and I became bored, and so on and so on." Her smile turned into a wry little grin. "Will you set me on fire now?"

Amara: Amara went to the fridge and poured herself some orange juice, "Only if you ask nicely," she winked at Selene, "And it's ok I didn't expect you to wait, I kind of vanished." She smiled, "So, what else have I missed?" She sat down.

Remy: "Hmm." He scratched his chin meditatively. "Well, we got invaded by bee people."

Selene: "We found the mole men." Selene replied and gave a nod.

Amara: "Bee people? Mole men?" she was very confused, "What?"

Moon: Moon frowned. More people coming in who have ... been with her. Fantastic. "Yeah and some General arrested one of the students or something and we trashed the DR."

Amara: "Wow sounds like I've missed one killer of a semester. I'm disappointed."

Remy: "Trust me, be glad. Dere ain't anythin' good about dat whole thing."

Moon: "It sucked. I totally lost my head."

Amara: Amara sipped her drink, "So how did this invasion thing happen?"

Selene: "Yes, it's a long, sad, and terribly exciting story. I almost killed someone." Selene said with a single nod. "And actually they were more like Borg-Bee people. Or Borg-Bee-Zombie people. In any case, not very nice fellows." She glanced sideways, thinking for a moment. "I guess it's all kind of my boyfriend's fault. Well, ex-boyfriend now, I guess. And actually more his dad's fault."

Amara: "Boyfriend? Wait... what? Stop confusing me. One thing at a time."

Moon: "He's the one this General guy busted in the school and hauled off with." She said, hoping maybe she was slightly more helpful.

Remy: "I still don' understand it all. I don' try to. Gives me a headache. It's jus' done an' gone."

Selene: Selene paused, blinked a couple of times, and ran a hand through her hair. "Uhm, yes. Warlock. Or Darren now." She smiled and shrugged her shoulders. "We kind of were a couple. Well, one of the couples that I've been... involved in. But he's staying away from the school now. He doesn't want to lure the bee people back here."

Amara: "Wow...." Amara finished her drink, she'd missed a lot. "Right so that's the invasion, bee people and general kidnapping explained. Now... Mole men?"

Moon: "That I'm not sure about." She said, finishing her tabasco/OJ juice.

Remy: "Dis place rotates through relationships so quick I can't hardly keep track." He spun his finger in the air. "Merry go round." He chuckled. "Wit' extra merry."

Amara: Amara smiled, "Well it's good to know that you've overcome your fear of people." she told Selene, "Though from the sound of things you're now as bas as Cess and me."

Selene: "Yes, that explanation actually makes a lot of sense." She looked from Remy back at Amara. "Well, I don't think they call themselves that. Actually, they are more like sewer people. At least, they live in the sewers. But they're mutants. Who look a tad strange. So they hide down there. And we found them."

Moon: "Ohhh those guys. Yeah, okay the sewer rats. The Pansies." She rolled her eyes.

Amara: "Oh right." Amara got up to check on the lasagne, "They shouldn't hide, they should come here. Then we'll all be together and safe." She sniffed, "Mmmm yum." She pulled out the lasagne, and turned off the oven, "God it's nice not to have to use an oven glove."

Selene: Selene toyed with a stand of her hair and showed Amara a tiny smirk. "I'd say that not only did I overcome my fear of closeness, but also discovered the amenities of such intimacy."

Remy: His shoulders tightened at the mention of them. "D' fringes. An' dey were 'out here'."

Moon: "Yeah well.. people who are afraid of what people will say about them are actually afraid of themselves. And I have no respect for people who can't fight for themselves. Hiding in a sewer and waiting for people to be okay with you is so... lay down and die."

Amara: Amara pulled out some plates, "Who wants food?"

Selene: Selene simply raised her hand.

Moon: Moon shrugged. "I could eat it. Won't taste it, but I'll have a go."

Amara: Amara dished up some lasagne for Selene and passed the plate over with a fork, "Just don't forget it's hot." she told her then dished up some more for Moon and handed that over too.

Remy: "Dey'll fight. But I can understand hidin' too. Dey've got a lot of children an' babies, non?"

Selene: "Like cook, like food." Selene commented and took the place with a smirk, before sitting back down at the table.

Amara: Amara grinned at Selene, "I stand by what I said. They should come here. We'd take care of them. Can't be healthy for kiddies living in a sewer." She piled some food onto her own plate and went to sit down again.

Moon: Moon stuffed a forkful into her mouth. "Om, nom, nom." She looked to Remy. "She's right. All the more reason for them to buck up and come here. Hiding in the sewers is no way to make a stand. You say they'll, fight but only when they're in a corner I'll bet. Like I said before, sewer rats. I have zero respect for that. You can't change it if you don't try to."

Remy: "Dey don' have d' same beliefs as we do." He sighed. It was hard to explain Jono. "Dey only support obvious mutants, neh?"

Amara: Amara frowned, "That's hardly fair. We're all in the same boat, shouldn't we work together?"

Moon: "I'm with her. But hell, I'm obvious. You don't see me going down there." Although...

Remy: He spread his hands. "Jono don' believe dat. He thinks dat d' more extreme d' external mutation, d' better y' are. He wants more t' be born. Dat's why dey have all dem babies."

Selene: "That's just as bigoted as those people who despise mutants in general." Selene commented in between eating her lasagna.

Amara: Amara raised her eyebrows, "Odd guy." she stuffed a couple of mouthfuls in, "I agree." she told Selene.

Moon: "What that is is sheer stupidity. He might over-breed and make messed up mutated mutants." She thought about what life was like in that sewer for a moment, chewing thoughtfully.

Remy: "Oui, it is bigoted. But dat's him. D' children are all innocent in it. Y' can't judge dem for it."

Moon: "But they'll learn that bigotry Rem. They need to be taken from that, before we have some kind of backwards society down there attempting to wage war." She thought about that. "Wow, it's like he's a fascist."

Amara: "Yeah doesn't seem fair on them, they should get a choice before he brainwashes them into thinking a sewer is a good place to raise a family."

Remy: "I know it ain't a good place for dem. But I can understand how dey ended up dere. Dat's all I'm sayin'."

Amara: "We should reeducate the kids towards the other options. They should be allowed to choose." She nodded sagely.

Moon: "Well I can understand bringing them back up. But maybe someone needs to go down and research their way of life... make sure it's not harmful. Like a sort of mutant social services person..." She looked around sheepishly.

Remy: He gave a full snort. "Yeah, dat's likely. An' den what? Who's gonna raise dem kids?"

Selene: "I really have no intentions to creep around the sewers." Selene said. "The goo I got hit with the last time will last a lifetime."

Amara: "Um... someone...?" Amara shrugged, "I'm sure we could find some maternal types around or maybe post them to wherever the hell Meggan and Alex are. I'm sure they wouldn't mind."

Moon: "I'd bring 'em up. Hell I'd have tons of fun with kids. I could bring them out and show them constellations. Kids have an amazing ability to find constellations or even make up completely new ones." She smiled brightly. "Kids are cute."

Remy: "Hah!" He crossed his arms over his chest. "Y'd all raise...what? He's gotta have dozens of kids dere. Dis ain't a daycare, an' it's not what dey need either."

Amara: "Well maybe wait til they're older and give them a choice," Amara shrugged, "They just shouldn't have to be there is all I'm saying."

Moon: "I say we integrate them up here slowly." Moon said spooning at the sauce. "Or at worst, convince Xavier to do just that... make a daycare. Or find a mutant-supporting Social Health-Care center that Xavier can keep an eye on."

Selene: "It's a sad fact that most children are indoctrinated way too long and thoroughly by whoever is raising them, before they're allowed to make their own choices. By then, it's usually too late."

Amara: "Hey, I turned out ok..." Amara put in, "My mother can indoctrinate with the best of them."

Moon: "Exactly Selene. Hell, maybe we can ask to set up something with Jono. He still communicates with us, maybe there's a shot. If they can convince Fidel to let Audioslave perform in Cuba, we can convince Jono to let us down there."

Moon: Her mind wandered again to Anne in Arizona. Gay-Rehab. How obnoxious. "People can do bad things to their kids too y'know... the stress of not understanding themselves or their children can make them foul up pretty bad."

Remy: "But dey don't need a daycare. Dey need parents." He shook his head and frowned. "An' t' be honest, none of y'all is a parent. Y' don't know how it'd go."

Amara: Amara shrugged, "Like I said, wait til they're a bit older.... maybe we can convince Xavier to open up a high school too?"

Moon: "Maybe we just need to go down there and speak them once in a while, get them to talk to us and understand, and then once in a while bring them up here." She frowned. "They need parents... but years of hatred being forced into their tiny heads."

Remy: "But dere still gonna be havin' babies...dey ain't gonna stop." Sighing he shook his head. "Look, I don' like it all either. But it's not an easy fix."

Selene: "The idea what the result of me trying to raise a child might be certainly is interesting." Selene mused, but then frowned. "Though, that's a door better left unopened."

Moon: "I'd like to see it..." She said to Selene, smiling. "And all I'm saying Remy is, maybe when they're older is a good time, but until then we shouldn't let a connection with those people get broken. We need to go down there and keep them aware of other options."

Amara: "Yeah, they need to know they have friends out here." Amara finished her food and got up to get some more.

Remy: He laughed with Selene. "Yeah, well, most d' people here aren't really ready. Hell, I know I wasn't when my son was born. Figured it out, but still. Don't want dem in more of a mess."

Amara: "Anyone else want anymore while I'm up? Although I appreciate that no one has an appetite like mine..." she smiled.

Moon: "I'm good." She said smiling. "Probably too much for me the first time. I wish I could say it was tasty, I'm sure it was." She turned to Remy and pointed her fork at him. "So your son is going to be having friends soon?" She asked. "Tess is gonna pop soon, right?"

Selene: "Thank you, but I have enough." Selene said, gesturing at her still half full plate. "It's very tasty, though. I like it."

Amara: Amara smiled, "Well you know where to come if you ever want anymore. I love to cook." Amara loaded up her plate again, "But eating is better. Mmm calories."

Remy: "Well, she's gettin' dere. An' den dere's also Neena. So we're havin' our own kids here. All accidents." He made a funny face. "No wonder Annie left."

Amara: "I'll miss her lectures..." Amara said faintly, "They were.... different."

Selene: Selene frowned, gave a thoughtful look, then quickly pulled out her little black notebook and wrote something down. "This entire spawning and baby and parenting talk is reminding me of some very crucial thing." She said, underlining the sentence several times.

Moon: "I never got to meet her... but I suspect she would not be terribly fond of me..." she chirped.

Remy: "Spawnin'?" He laughed. "We're not devils or fish Selene. But I'm curious t' know what y' mean by dat."

Moon: "Samesies."

Selene: Selene glance up at Remy. "To be absolutely honest, I was reminded to look into getting some contraceptive. Or the pill, as it's usually called, no?"

Remy: "Ah, oui. Dat'd be an excellent thing t' do." His eyes drifted to moon and then back to her. "Please tell me dere isn't somethin' I don' know about Moon. Cause I really still don' wanna know."

Amara: Amara giggled, "Oh dear Remy."

Moon: "Oh, Rem, I'm sure you really do want to know about what I got down there, but I hate to break it to you, I'm a lesbian and you're a guy. It just can't work. I'll show you sometime though, maybe..."

Remy: He held up a hand. "Non, merci, dat's jus' fine."

Selene: Selene tilted her head sideways while she gave Remy a look. "No, there's nothing unusual about her. And believe me, I've looked thoroughly." She shrugged once more. "Though, unlike her, I'm not entirely averse to boys."

Moon: "We can play doctor. It'll be like the game operation, I'll give you the scalpel and you can find the monkey wrench in me! The way Selen has done!" She gave him a cracked smiled.

Remy: With a pained face he pointed at her. "Y' are a really really weird chick. An' not in a good way weird. Well, least not for me. Sure dat Selene loves it."

Moon: She looked Remy in the eyes. "I assure you, as weird as you think I am... you should've seen where I was when the girls came and found me..." She frowned and returned to her bowl, licking the sides.

Selene: Selene held up her hands. "What can I say. I'm drawn to the unusual like a moth to the light."

Remy: He chuckled at Selene. "Oui. I wouldn't be surprised if y've made her pasties outta y're lemons either."

Amara: Amara raised her eyebrows, "Does that make me weird too, Sel?"

Remy: "Y' talk about barbequin' bits an' y' wonder if y' fit on d' weird scale?"

Moon: "I am pretty sure Wade takes up most of the space on that scale." She said poignantly.

Selene: Selene simply showed Amara a smirk in reply. "You know that I'm fond of fire. So of course I'd find a girl who could incinerate a whole building with ease quite fascinating. As I've said: You're hot in several ways."

Selene: She gave Moon a quick look. "Wade is... very interesting. Intriguing even. But he's puzzling even me, and that's telling something."

Moon: So that's why you look at him for so long... She said with a fake smile as she looked away. "Yeah well... I'll try to be more puzzling."

Remy: "Wade's jus' batshit insane."

Amara: "Sounds fun." Amara smiled, "And I like being thought of as hot in several ways."

Moon: Moon rolled her eyes. "Alright ladies... Remy included," She winked at him and patted his hand in a no offense fashion. "I'm off to go figure out what this British crackpot was rambling about when he spoke of this... 'love'." She made a disgusted face and tucked her book under her arm.

Moon: "Tah!" She put her bowl in the sink, and waved.

Selene: Selene gave Amara a long look, keeping her head propped up on a hand and her little finger tucked between her teeth. "Who knows, maybe I'll be able to convince Moon here somehow to share me with you." She waved her fingers at Moon. "See you later."

Amara: "Ah shakespere," Amara smiled faintly then grinned at Selene, "One can only hope. In the mean time I'm sure I can find someone to keep me occupied."

Moon: Rolling her eyes even harder, her back turned to them, she sighed. "T-T-F-N."

Selene: "I'm not sure what that means." Selene said, looking after Moon. "But I like to believe that it means yes."

Amara: Amara giggled, "Some how I doubt it, Sel." she patted the girl's arm, "But we'll work on it."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:shifty

Welcome back to the nuthouse, Amara. :cracked

And just in time...