3/9 Instance: Milkshakes and Heartaches

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

3/9 Instance: Milkshakes and Heartaches

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Current.

Amara: Amara rucked her feet up underneath her and reached for her glass of milk. At least she didn't mind drinking it warm. Aparently the baby wanted her to have a permanent temperature. She sighed and sipped her drink, putting it back down and getting back into her book.

Amara: She absently fingered the chain around her neck with her free hand, feeling the ring on it slide up and down. She sighed. She wished Matteo could be here.

Cessily: Cessily strolled into the rec room, swaying her body to the music played by her ipod. She spun her head around, which sent her long hair flying in a wide red circle, before noticing that she wasn't alone. "Hey, 'Mara!" She called, waving her hand at the other girl while flashing her a grin.

Cessily: Jumping over the back of a chair, she landed right in the seat. "How are you doing?" Cessily asked, pulling out her earphones.

Ben: The box that was on the other box in Ben's arm did not balance well as he stumbled through the rec room door. Building a bed room fit for a baby was not as easy as he thought it would be. "Oh! Hey girls!" He kicked the door shut with his back foot and stomped the snow off his shoes.

Ben: He put the boxes on the table by the door and shook off his jacket and scarf. "I don't know what's more exciting... trying to keep up with a pregnant woman's demands... or fighting off Irish mobsters."

Amara: Amara looked up, slightly startled by the arrival of two more people. She dropped the necklace and smiled at them both, "Hey," she said, "I'm alright thanks, how are you?" she turned to Ben, "Irish mobsters, 'ey? Maybe you should talk to that Anna girl about it?" She grinned.

Amara: She shuffled in her seat and tried to locate her bookmark, "Hmm.... anyone got a slip of paper? My bookmark ran away...." she pulled at the cushions.

Cessily: "Irish mobsters?" Cessily blinked at Ben. "And that's another description for...?" She gave him an expectant look, but momentarily glanced over to Amara. "Huh? Oh, I'm fine, too. Wait, lemme see if I can find anything." She rummaged through her pockets, which weren't very numerous, since she only wore loose pants and a short top at the moment.

Cessily: "Will a paper tissue work?" She asked, holding it out for Amara. She looked back at Ben. "So, what was that with the mobsters?"

Ben: "That was a long time ago, don't sweat it." Ben said. "Just.... something to compare doing battle with a pregnant fiancee'. They're about equivalent. So who's going to have some of the milk shakes I'm making?" He said smiling. "I bought some ice cream last night, good kind too."

Amara: "That'll do nicely," Amara accepted the tissue with a smile and slipped it into her book, closing it and putting it on the table, exchanging it for her drink. She perked up at the mention of milkshake, looking hopefully at Ben, "Ooo can I?"

Amara: She finished her milk and set the glass on the table, "It might even stay cold long enough for me to enjoy it if you're making it with icecream." she sat back and started playing with the ring on her left hand, turning it round and round on her finger.

Cessily: Cessily's face lit up at the prospect of drinks and ice cream. "Mmm, could you pour me one, too?" She asked while licking her lips and sitting up in her chair. Cessily pulled her bare feet up onto the seat and wrapped an arm around her legs. "You know I can never resist a good milkshake."

Cessily: "Why? Feeling hot?" Cessily asked Amara, showing her small smirk. She couldn't miss the other girl toying with the ring on her finger. "Ooh, got a present from someone?"

Ben: Ben followed Cessily's gaze and smiled. Well now, a lot of things are adding up He looked at her and the bags of crumpled chips by her place on the couch. Oh, yeah... no jumping but yeah... . Ben smiled and looked up to Amara.

Ben: "Extra chocolate?" He asked. "'Cuz y'know... my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard..."

Amara: Amara blinked at Cess, "Present?" the penny dropped, "Oh! Er... not really..." she folded her hands on her lap, the wedding band now clearly visible as was the one on the chain around her neck. She smiled at Ben, "The more calories the better - My mutation is driving me crazy lately." She gestured around her at the debris.

Cessily: Cessily cocked an eyebrow as she gave Ben a look. "Oh, really? You think your milkshake can compete with mine? Besides, is there something about you I don't yet if it's the boys that are after your shake?" She laughed lightly, before looking back at Amara. "Why? Having any troubles with it?"

Ben: "Mutations, once they really become a part of you, can sometimes wreak some minor havoc on your body." Ben said as he turned to the kitchen, hiding his smile. "Sleep and good food is what you need." He called.

Ben: He began to scoop the chocolate ice cream, he put in the black raspberries, and he added the pitless cherries. Covering it in chocolate sauce and adding plenty of milk he hit blend and watched it shred and churn the shake into creation.

Amara: Amara sighed, "I wish I could sleep. I'm so paranoid I'll wake up to find I've burned the school down." she looked down at her hands, "I can't wear my jewelry most of the time 'cause I'm scared I'll melt it." She leaned her head back against the chair and stared at the ceiling, "Just when I thought I'd got it all worked out too..."

Cessily: Cessily frowned. "But why? I thought you got better at controlling your powers? Did something happen?" She toyed with a strand of her hair. "Have you seen one of the teachers about it? Maybe it's just anxiety or something, and you're needlessly worried."

Ben: Ben poured the milk shakes into three tall glasses and brought them out. Giving one to Cess and Amara, he held his up. "To pregnant fiancee's, crappy mutant registration bills, poor grades, and all the other things that stress us out and bring us together!" he said. "And to Amara, who I haven't had the chance to say, welcome back." He smiled at her and put his glass in the middle of the three of them.

Amara: Amara sighed, still staring at the ceiling, "I had a.... very stressful semester before Christmas. I lot of things happened at home and I've been feeling ill lately." She told Cess then smiled at Ben clinking her glass against his. "Hear hear."

Amara: She sipped her milkshake, tucking the chain around her neck back into her top, with her free hand, "Mmmm that's really nice. You could get a good career going there..."

Ben: "I could. But I'd rather make a career of rock." He sucked his down and smiled to them both. "Okay girls, back to the crib room, I gotta finish it by the end of the week. He put the glass on the kitchen counter, picked up the boxes from the rec room table, and waved with the only two available fingers he could spare. "Have a nice day!"

Cessily: "See you later!" Cessily waved back at Ben. "And thanks for the shakes!" She focused back on Amara. "Ah. I'm sorry to hear that. Hope it's nothing too bad." Smiling, she added: "Family heirloom?" Cessily nodded at the necklace Amara was putting into her top. "It's pretty."

Amara: Amara waved Ben out then turned back to Cess, "Family heirloom?" She looked down at the necklace, "Not yet..." She smiled sadly, "But it will be." She sipped her milkshake again, shuffling awkwardly in her seat, her gaze drifting down to the ring on her finger again, "Assuming I don't melt it by accident."

Cessily: Amara's reply puzzled Cessily, but she decided against being too nosy and digging too deep. "Hm, okay. Well, maybe better take it off then? At least, while you're still feeling unsure about your powers. Like, I'd really try to ask the teachers about it. If anyone could help you, it's them."

Amara: Amara shrugged, "I'm not sure how they can help. If it's a control issue it's up to me, isn't it?" She sighed, "But I suppose I should keep them safe for now... I just don't want to hide them away again..." She put her glass down and reached to take off her necklace then took off her ring too and set them both on the table, the rings lying next to eachother.

Cessily: "Well, maybe it is, but they could perhaps show you some tricks about how to better deal with it, you know?" Cessily looked at the pair of rings on the table. "Why are you keeping one of them on a chain?" She wondered, noticing that they looked very similar.

Amara: Amara shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe...." She looked at the two rings, "The one on the necklace won't fit me. It was made for... for someone else...." She sighed, why couldn't she just say it?

Cessily: Cessily still frowned. "Someone else? You mean, for a friend? So why do you have the..." Trailing off, she looked up at Amara. "Oh... something happened?"

Amara: Amara nodded, biting her lip, "H-... He died." She took a steadying breath, "He was killed." She corrected. "And he was a little more than just a friend..."

Cessily: Cessily drew in the air and looked at Amara for a while, not saying anything for a minute. She had already feared that it might have been something sad like this. "I'm sorry." She said a bit later. "I guess you really liked him. Did... it happen during the break? Is that why you're... well, having troubles?"

Amara: Amara nodded, shifting again and drawing her knees to her chest, "I loved him... still do.... It was during last semester. He died in November...." He closed her eyes, trying to force out the images that came unbidden into her mind, "I would have stayed with him, you know."

Cessily: Cessily didn't know what to say to that, so she settled for signaling her understanding by giving Amara a solemn nod. She shifted in her seat, and a while later decided that she really should say something. "I'm so sorry, 'Mara." She said, swallowing. "I had absolutely no idea. No wonder you're feeling down."

Amara: Amara managed to smile at Cessily, "It's alright. It was hard at first but... well Moon found his picture and she let me speak to him so I could say goodbye properly...." She stared into space for a moment, "It was... It helped." She nodded to herself.

Amara: "I just miss him... and I still haven't told his parents or my mother about this." She gestured at the rings, "Mother will flip her lid. Matteo's parents will be happy though, I know they will."

Cessily: Cessily returned the smile. "Oh, right, Moon's special ability. That's really fantastic." She nodded again, pausing for a moment. "Good thing that she got to do this for you. I'm happy it helped you." She ran a hand through her hair. "So, you two were really close then? Sounds if you were getting serious."

Cessily: She smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. I don't want to bring back any painful memories."

Amara: Amara looked at the rings again, had Cessily never seen wedding rings before? "Serious? You could say that." She sat up a little, "We got married." She sighed heavily, "We were on our way to Rome on a sort of sneaky Honeymoon when it happened..." She lowered her gaze to the floor, "He made me promise to go anyway..." she smiled vaguely.

Cessily: Cessily's eyes widened at the surprise. "You two... eloped?" She spent a couple of seconds staring at Amara before saying anything else. "Wow. Sorry, I had no idea." She looked at the rings again. "I suspected those were engagement rings or something similar." She swallowed. "Oh my. I can't imagine what you must have gone through there."

Amara: Amara smiled at Cess, "It didn't start out as eloping. I just got sick of my mother. She's so controlling... I just wanted to be happy. So Matteo and I went... well, on the run I suppose. We were driving through Italy. It was fun actually, visiting all the cities and sleeping most nights in the car."

Amara: She unfolded herself and put her feet on the floor, then reached for the remaining milkshake, "We got married on our way to Siena and decided we could stay in a hotel for a little while after that." She sipped her drink again, "It was nice while it lasted."

Cessily: Cessily smiled and nodded. "Yes, it sounds nice." She shrugged and took a deep breath, but kept on smiling at Amara. "One thing I learned at this place is that it's best to appreciate all things while they last. Because we've all been shown that they never last. So, it's nice that you have good memories to hold on to."

Amara: Amara nodded, "Yes it is... I just wish I'd taken more photos. I have some though." So at least the baby will know what his or her father looked like. "And I have his last name, which I intend to keep and pass on to any children I have." She finished her drink and set the glass down.

Cessily: "Oh, that's nice. And I'm sure that's the best thing you can do. Remember him, you know? So, what's your last name now?" Cessily asked.

Amara: "Marino." Amara smiled, "It means 'of the sea'. I find it ironic." She created a ball of fire in her hand.

Cessily: Cessily smiled. "Marino. Sounds beautiful." She chuckled. "Hm, yes, it is. Well, you could always say that you're like... the fiery globe of the sun. You know, when it's rising and setting at sea." She shrugged. "Well, I guess that's just a tad too cheesy."

Amara: Amara grinned, "Actually I like that." She closed her hand over the firey orb, "He was a good guy, you know." she said quietly, "Matteo means 'gift of god' and he certainly was to me. I'd have gone mad last semester without him, I just hope I never forget that. But I have his picture on my desk, I see him every day. I talk to him too... is that weird?"

Cessily: Cessily shook her head, smiling. "No, not at all. And as Teagan shows, sometimes those we miss listen to us. Aside from that, it's an excellent way to keep remembering him, if you ask me." She stretched her legs and curled her toes. "Though, if you're ever in need someone alive to listen to you, or otherwise cheer you up, I'm there, too."

Amara: Amara smiled, "Thanks, Cess, I appreciate the offer... And, hey, at least I can't accidentally burn you." She looked at the ring, "Maybe I can ask if they have any of the stuff they make my uniform out of lying around... I can make a pouch out of it and put them in there."

Cessily: "Ooh, that's an excellent idea. And wouldn't be hard to do, at all. There are plenty to spare uniforms lying around, so I'm sure getting some of that stuff won't be a problem." Cessily chuckled, before smirking at Amara. "And well, that's true. Feel free to heat me up as much as you like."

Amara: Amara grinned, "That an invitation?" she gave Cess a wink, "If Matt is watching I'm sure he won't mind...."

Cessily: Cessily returned the grin. "Oh, I'm sure we could provide him with some excellent entertainment." She said, then gave a casual shrug. "I wonder why there's even any doubt. My reputation alone should tell people to understand everything I say in the most naughty way possible."

Cessily: Cessily laughed. "Or what do you think I meant when I talked about milkshakes with Ben earlier?"

Amara: Amara giggled, vacating her seat and moving over to sit with Cess, "I don't like to jump to conclusions." She sat herself on the arm of Cessily's chair, adjusting her top so that it displayed a little more of her ample cleavage, "Now, just so I don't have any confusion, what would you like to do?"

Cessily: Cessily put on a thoughtful expression, though she mostly used to time to admire the excellent view at Amara's cleavage. "Hm, actually I planned to go out partying later today." She trailed her fingers up the other girl's leg. "You know, dance a little, drink something, meet some nice boys and girls, and so on..."

Cessily: She looked up at Amara and grinned. "So, you could either accompany me and we'll see what the night brings, or we could start with some partying right away."

Amara: Amara smiled, sliding into Cessily's lap, "I think you should know. I am not a patient woman."
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen