3/22 Instance: Do As I Say

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

3/22 Instance: Do As I Say

Post by Slarti »

Current timeline

Bobby: Bobby took a step back from the console to survey the room. The bugs were still not quite worked out from the Bee People remodel. Possibly literally, considering Adriana's little friends.

Bobby: "Needs more pink, don't you think?" He poked Lorna in the side, grinning.

Lorna: "Hmm, I think you're right. It doesn't look like the walls have been washed down with near enough coats of pepto." She gave a poke back, grinning at him and then the room. "Yeah, I think this might be just a bit scary."

Bobby: "No, this isn't scary." He turned back to the console for a moment, clicking on the keyboard until the walls sprouted green stripes to go with the pepto pink. "Now that's scary. I could put purple flowers on the table too."

Lorna: "Do it!" Lorna jumped a bit, cackling at the room. "Do it and we'll save it over one of the obstacle course programs or something. Just imagine!"

Bobby: Bobby had to laugh, turning the flowers purple and adding polka dots to the table cloths. He pulled up one of the old infiltration team's test runs and sneaked the color scheme into the program.

Bobby: "Cess'll love that." Bobby let his evil laugh out for a short romp. "Mom said we should pick colors that compliment your unique palette." He tugged on Lorna's pigtail.

Lorna: Lorna looked as if she was considering it, flicking his hair instinctively at the pigtail tug. "Well, I do have a theme to keep up. And who doesn't like green? If they don't they probably really don't like going outside."

Rachel: Rachel pulled her hair back as well as she could before entering the DR. She could run a quick session, and then go to work. Stepping into the room, she looked around and blinked at the bright colors. This had to be hell.

Bobby: "Well, I don't want everybody liking green too much." Bobby shook his hair out of his eyes and tugged her other tail, adding a pat to her rear for good measure. "My lawn, after all."

Rachel: Bobby and Lorna stuck out in the brightness... and that wasn't really something she'd wanted to hear. "So, one of you want to stop blinding me?"

Lorna: "Yeah, you're going to have to yell at those kids to keep off your lawn." Lorna snorted, deciding one good pat deserved another and completely missing Rachel until she spoke up. "Oh, hey Rae! You mean you don't like our art?"

Bobby: Bobby had been about to wonder where he'd put his 'keep off' signs when he heard Rachel. His hand didn't really leave Lorna's butt though. "Hey! This is the finest design here, babe. Just check the latest issue of Bride magazine."

Rachel: "Well, it's not that I don't like it... It's just possibly burning my retinas," she took another look around the room and rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I'll pass on the bridal magazines. Not really looking forward to planning."

Lorna: "If you feel the burn then we have done our jobs." Lorna gave a proud swagger before laughing. "Aw, it's sort of addictive once you get going. Should we be booking a place in Vegas for you?"

Bobby: Bobby chuckled. "We know a good Elvis for you..." He turned back to the console and wiped out the color scheme, leaving them in a plain white room with tables. "Well, good might be a bit of an overstatement."

Rachel: "Josh wants a traditional wedding, so only if you two can get him on the plane without knowing the true intention," she grinned, taking in the color change, "All the white makes it kinda creepy."

Lorna: "Ah, so you've got your hands full there, don't you? I think he'd notice once we landed in Vegas that something was probably up." Surveying the room, Lorna had to agree with Rachel. "Yeah, feels a bit sterile, doesn't it? Now that'd be a weird theme."

Bobby: Bobby put on his innocent face. "Well, we did manage to get over Indiana before we told Lizzie and Rogue where we were going." He surveyed the room with a slight frown. "We could throw some bedpans on the tables too. Use one of those plastic barfy pans for a punch bowl?"

Lorna: "Oooh, and specimen cups to hold cake and mints and syringes to get the punch?" Lorna didn't quite hold back the giggle. "Somehow I think your mother wouldn't know what to think there."

Rachel: "Hopefully, he'd agree by the time we get there," she shrugged. "Though, there'd be the issue of explaining to people when we got back. Especially, parents. Well, if I ever tell them that I'm engaged."

Rachel: "So, you have a reason for decorating the room?"

Bobby: "You haven't told them you're engaged?" Bobby gave her an odd look fueled by his own deja vu of telling her pretty much the same thing a year and a half earlier.

Lorna: "Yeah, might want to think about that." Absolutely no room to talk here. Lorna cleared her throat, pushing the thought to the side. "Oh, we're considering putting on our reception a year late. We're very fashionable."

Rachel: "Well... no. I've been putting it off since I'm pretty sure neither will take it well..." Rachel shook her head but grinned slightly, "Sounds like fun. Actually, looks like it will be, too."

Bobby: "Yeah... well, it would be fun if it was just a reception. But if you wanna know what comes of not telling your parents things..." Bobby winced, rubbing the back of his neck. "What comes is you get remarried a year later for them."

Lorna: "Yeah, so tell them...because eventually one of you are going to slip up and say some detail you shouldn't have while his mother holds up a Disney costume dress to you."

Bobby: "And that's only after lots and lots of guilt and the possibility of feeding your father to an alligator."

rachel: She looked between the two and blinked, "I suppose I'll get right on the telling thing. Suppose I could always hope they don't show up to the wedding, like I'm hoping Josh's family doesn't..."

Bobby: Bobby widened his eyes at Rachel and nodded slowly. "You should. Srsly."

Bobby: "Yeah, well, I hoped my parents wouldn't give a shit I'd gotten married... but no such luck." He flashed Lorna a grin. "Next thing you know, you'll have your mom calling up wanting to know where her invitation was." He laughed a little, then considered that and the grin fell off. "Surely... I mean, she wouldn't, would she? Your mom is pure evil with a pedicure."

Lorna: "I don't...think so?" Lorna fought down the terror that came along with the suggestion of that even being a possibility. "I mean, I don't see why she would. Unless it was for free drinks."

rachel: "Neither really like Josh, so I can't imagine them being very happy. Guess it'd be easier to get it over with though instead of worrying about it," Rachel shrugged. "Should I consider myself lucky since I haven't met your mother?" She vaguely recalled hearing about a time she'd visited.

Bobby: "Aww, they don't like Threepeo? Maybe you shouldda just shined him up before you introduced him." Bobby winked at her and slid his arm around Lorna's waist. He lowered his voice to a mock whisper. "Very lucky. She-who-shan't-be-named isn't something anybody should have to meet."

Lorna: "What's there not to like about Josh?" Lorna just shook her head at the whisper, giving Bobby a nudge. "Don't worry, I don't think she can hear you cross country."

rachel: "I think mutants just scare my mother, so it might be a good thing he wasn't extra shiny when they met. Dad and Josh met after, uh, the Essex mess... so technically we weren't together, then..." she made a bit of a face but snickered at the whispering. "And, I have no idea what there's not to like..."

Bobby: "Who knows the extent of that woman's powers." Bobby wriggled his fingers at Lorna in an 'ooga booga' gesture. "Ahhh. Well, that sucks, Sunshine. Maybe your dad'll come around under better circumstances." His mother certainly had, after all. "And all kidding aside, Josh's a good guy. If they don't like him after a while - fuck 'em."

Lorna: "...that's a good point. Maybe I'm a second generation mutant and I just don't know it yet." Lorna looked over her shoulder before snorting, shaking her head and returning to the talk. "Yeah, I mean, let them know but their issues are their issues."

rachel: "He tries to deal with it, for the most part, and has somehow instilled fear in Josh. So, maybe telling won't go badly." Rachel chewed on her lip, "I just... don't really want to have to choose between him and my family, even though my family isn't all that close. ...Not that there's much of a choice. It'd be Josh."

Bobby: "Heh, it's a girlfriend's dad's job to instill fear, chica." Though why he'd ever been afraid of Geoffrey... oh yeah, big. "I get what you're saying. It's not fair at all."

Lorna: "Yeah... I can definitely understand that." Lorna made a bit of a face although her mind busy trying to figure out her dad trying to instill fear.

rachel: "Me having to plan this wedding isn't fair. Dealing with my parents is just a cruel thing that comes with it," she made a face.

Bobby: "Bah. You can just look at it all as an exercise in how to best torture those around you. You could even borrow that color scheme we had going in here earlier. Pepto bridesmaids' dresses all around!" Bobby tugged one of Lorna's pigtails again. "Or you and Tessa and Neena and Dee here could all get together for girly night and planning in your jammies."

Lorna: "I swear, tuggy, if you do that one more time I'm going for the pants." She laughed, poking at his side. "Oh yeah, scheming sessions so we can figure out the most efficient tortures. And snackfood and movies!"

rachel: "Well, Josh did say whatever I wanted... other than eloping," she smirked. "I can only deal with so many pregnant women at once, but that doesn't sound like a terrible idea."

Bobby: "Well, there you go. He didn't set parameters, so you're golden. Pun intended."

Bobby: "Promising something there, babe?" Bobby poked out his tongue and tugged at her other pigtail.

Lorna: "Yes, yes I am" Lorna smirked, waiting a second before going for the pants as she had threatened to do.

rachel: Rachel snorted, "Somehow, I'm getting the feeling I should go before I'm blinded for completely different reason."

Bobby: "Foul!" His belt stopped him from adding Rachel to the list of students who'd seen Bobby Junior, but didn't quite hide his bright boxers from the light of day. "Ruh-roh, Raggy." He hitched his pants back up uncomfortably.

Lorna: Lorna stepped back, trying not to laugh out loud at the boxers of the day. "Hmm, so, just what would be the Scooby snack in this situation?"

rachel: Snickering, she shook her head. So much for actually getting training done before work, but there'd been advice on what to do about the parent issue. Seemed like a fair trade off to her.

Bobby: "Like you'll be getting any snacks now." Bobby made a face, sliding his hand into his pocket for the subtle readjustment. Scooby was displeased. "So, off to call the 'rents?"

rachel: "After I get back from poking people with ink-covered needles," Rachel gave a smile, "Thanks for warning me of the dangers of not telling."

Bobby: "Uaaagh. Write 'Joshy + Rae-Rae 4-evah' on somebody for me, will ya?" He smirked back. "No problem."

Lorna: "Yeah, we live to be an example. Just sometimes it's don't do what we did..."

rachel: "Somebody meaning you?" she shot Bobby a smirk. "And, darn. Guess I'll have to find a better example now."

Bobby: "No, that'd be a never. Sorry, babe. But you could put it on Joshy himself. It could be his wedding gift to you."