3/22 Instance: Fight then Flight

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

3/22 Instance: Fight then Flight

Post by Starfish »

Timeline: Set before 21/3 game

Benjamin: "Neena I'm heading out!" Ben called. He got into the Recroom and saw her sitting there, quite comfortably on the couch, doing paper work. "Got enough paper work to do?" He asked with a twisted smile. Coming around the back of the couch, he kissed her on the top of the head and rubbed her belly softly.

Benjamin: "See you soon!" He said, more to the belly than to Neena. "Off to make sure Daddy can make something of himself." He sighed, knowing day four was almost up and so far it had not been easy on either of them. But he had to get this recording done.

Neena: "Sorry," she set the files aside. "I have to get this presentation done by the end of the day. Um, so, when will you be home?"

Benjamin: "12? 12:30?" He offered. More like two. Three thirty. He gave her an innocent, half-assed smile. "Sorry?" He put his guitar case down and shrugged. "I gotta get it done, y'know? Felicia's been bugging me to take her out but, it's not gonna happen. Not this week. I told her she should call you but to make sure it wasn't late 'cuz you need sleep."

Neena: "We've been texting today," Neena waved her blackberry at him. "So...pretty much you'll be back at three in the morning? Am I in the ballpark?" she couldn't help the eyebrow rising. "It'd be nice if you'd just say it, so I don't fool myself into thinking you'll be home on time."

Amara: Amara bustled round the kitchen preparing a large fruit salad that she had no intention of sharing unless someone saw her making it and demanded some from her. She was trying to stay healthy for the small person inside her but it was hard since that same small person was putting her off all her favourite foods.

Benjamin: Ben sighed. "If I had a choice I'd be home in five minutes, but we agreed this had to be done. I need to be there for the baby to be born, the only way I can get the album done the right way is to make sure we comb over everything and get it to sound right."

Benjamin: "Making a music is as more fun than it is work Neena, I know you know this. Please don't give me the speech about how I'm hanging out with them instead of my pregnant wife because they're more fun, because honestly? They're all acting like pregnant ladies now too." Oh God... will she take that the wrong way? Yeah, they're whining but... oh jeez.

Neena: "Who said anything about speeches? Your conscience," she tapped his forehead with her pen. "Gives you enough talk, I'm sure. Whether you listen is a whole other story. I just wish I could bring my fiance lunch without getting stared down by his bandmates. It'd make things a whole lot easier. They think I'm like...Yoko Ono or something. Sheesh."

Benjamin: Oh, God not the Yoko Ono-Did she even know who she was!? "Neena you are not Yoko! Because I am not Lennon. Not anything close. You're not going to break up the band, and you know perfectly damn well I'll choose you over them any day of the week, just... right now the album needs to be completed. Please, just-I'm gonna go okay? I'll call you when we're done."

rachel: Rachel sat in the kitchen and watched Mara make her fruit salad. Maybe she could learn to make that. It didn't involve cooking, which meant that there was no chance of burning the kitchen down...

Amara: Amara had found every fruit she could (minus the tomatoes) and was chopping them up with a very sharp knife and tossing the cubes or slices into a large bowl that she'd already tipped some lemonade and orange juice into.

Amara: She turned and smiled at Rachel, "You alright there?"

rachel: She blinked, "Oh, yeah. Just... watching and attempting to learn. How are you?"

Amara: Amara shrugged, "I'm ok... mostly." She mixed the fruit around in the bowl, "And this really isn't that hard. Just just cut up fruit and throw it all in. The only skill lies in not cutting off your fingers."

Neena: "Ugh, don't bother. You'll just mess me up, god knows when I'll be done with this damn thing and I don't need interruptions," she turned away from him. "You're in a hurry enough already, I don't get why you're even bothering to say bye."

rachel: "I could probably fuck it up somehow... without chopping my fingers off and getting blood in it, that is."

Amara: Amara laughed, "Well why don't you give me a hand? There's loads of the stuff." She rummaged in a drawer and pulled out another knife, laying it on the chopping board, "Have at it."

Benjamin: "Why I even bother to-" He put the bag down and gathered himself. Then he decided to let himself go. Who cares? "Neena Thurman how can you even begin to consider the idea that I would not want to say bye to you and my unborn child! I love you both and I am trying to make something of myself! For both of you!"

Benjamin: "What suddenly I'm not allowed to do the only thing I love as work because you've just rebounded in life and landed on a silver platter, and the baby is set for life? I'm trying to give us a support beam as well as doing what I love."

Benjamin: "You've always supported that, so what the hell has changed since last this came up? Oh, right. Nothing. Because this is the same stuff you've been saying all week. You seriously think I-... I know what you're thinking. I do."

Neena: "That's great. Great. But I'd give my right arm to have you paying a little more attention to us than just...saying good morning or goodbye. But, oh, wait, you already know what I'm thinking."

rachel: "Okay... chopping things up is something I can do," Rachel moved from her spot and took the other knife, grabbing a piece of fruit and starting to chop it up. "I promise I won't pretend to chop my finger off, too."

Amara: Amara blinked at the sound of raised voices from nextdoor, "Sounds like something interesting is happening," She put her knife down and hurried to the door to listen.

Neena: With a considerable effort, she scrambled to her feet. "So enlighten me, oh buddha. What am I thinking? That we haven't said more than three sentences in the past week to each other?"

Benjamin: "Are you kidding me!?" Ben went to turn the noise of the tv off with the remote. Pointing it at the deluxe, home-theater/setero system he hit a button, not caring which one. "How can it be more obvious? 'Ben is a jerk who cares more about the band than his family! Or having a good time more than'-" "Don't Worry! About a thing!" The stereo blared.

Neena: "You said it, not me," Neena crossed her arms over her belly. "You've been awful about balancing things lately. Even when I'm swamped I still make time for you. But you- you haven't even thought to ask WHY I have to much work lately!"

Benjamin: "Gah!" Ben hit buttons over and over trying to make it stop. "Three little birds! Each by my doorstep, singing sweet so-" The song changed. "I've been hangin' arooound, this town for so long-" Argh! "Fucking stupid fucking shit!" He slammed the stop button and it all went dead.

Benjamin: "Well you just!" he looked to her with a stunned expression. "I asked you last night when I got home you said it wasn't anything I would ever need to worry about!"

Amara: Amara gave Rachel a look, her eyebrows raised, "This sounds serious, think we should go in?"

rachel: Rachel followed Amara toward the door and listened carefully, giving a shrug as she leaned against the wall, "Sounds like... Ben... which probably means Neena... so yeah. Before she kills him would be good. Or, maybe, after..."

Amara: Amara grinned and pushed the door, poking her head in to assess the scene.

Neena: "Well, dur. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer! Didn't you notice the LARGE, RED CIRCLE on the calendar in our ROOM? I'm going out to California for a conference! Oh, wait, I'm sorry, I forgot to leave my suitcase out for you. Silly me."

Benjamin: "What?!" Ben roared. "You can't do that you're pregnant! You can't possibly see that as a good idea!" He nearly was ready to snap something in half. She was making him late! "Are you serious!? Why! Why would you go to California for a conference! You're pregnant, send Lupe Fiasco or whatever his name is! Or your brother! Chrissake he can do it, can't he? It's not like it's hard it's a conference!"

rachel: Her eyebrow raised as the words became clear. Much easier to hear with the door open. She glanced over at Mara, then into the rec room. Yeah... she wasn't about to get in the middle of that at the moment...

Amara: Amara looked for a suitable place to lurk and sneaked into the recroom, fairly sure that neither Ben or Neena would notice her intrusion since they were busy being mad at eachother. She gestured Rachel to follow.

Neena: "I'm going because I need to! It's not Lazarus' job, it's mine. Don't you think he AND Lucius offered? I need to go while I can still fly!" she picked up her file. "Besides I want to see the new horses for myself, and I have to take care of a few other things. Not like you care anyway! You didn't even notice!"

rachel: Rachel slipped into the room along the wall, hoping that if anyone noticed... Ben did. She did not want to deal with Neena's wrath. Too bad her and Mara hadn't finished the fruit salad before the show.

Benjamin: "Hey speaking of noticing things, you haven't even seen my new tattoo. I've been waiting for you to say something but you've had your head so damn close to that stupid laptop!" He pointed to it as if he were condemning it. "You think I'm over-absorbed into my work?" He said with much venom. "You didn't even notice a tattoo. A permanent marking on my skin." He rolled his eyes.

rachel: She cringed at the mention of the tattoo. Shit... Being dragged into this was really not something she wanted. Not like she'd be able to side with either of them, though Neena's side was appealing. Death was somewhat of an incentive...

Neena: "Well if I was actually awake when you're around, I would have noticed," she shot back. "But no. You're out with those damn people who don't even like me! And for what? Because I'm your fiancee! And you just sit by and let them talk about me! Don't think I haven't heard that one guy. Fred or France or whatever."

Benjamin: Ben groaned and dragged his hand down form his forehead to his chin. This was getting old. "They love you! You give them wine and food! You feed rockers, that means they like you! You give them alcohol, that means they think you're on their 'to-do' list! Do you know how long it took for me to get it through to them that I wasn't planning on breaking up with you anytime soon!"

Benjamin: "Argh! You are so difficult, I'm just trying to do the one thing that is me without being an expected father or husband, and you have to crash it every time by telling me I'm not worried about my family! Maybe when I'm there I'm a musician and when I'm here I'm Ben the husband and father! Why can't it be that way, why is it so hard!" He walked to the screen door and kicked it open. "I'll be back tonight. Love you. Bye!"

Amara: Amara watched Ben leave feeling slightly bemused, She turned her stunned expression to Neena and waited for her to notice she had company.

rachel: Rachel shifted uncomfortably from her spot near the wall. Well, this sucked. At least Mara was around too, so it wasn't just her having to deal with this mess...

Neena: "He won't be back," she grumbled to herself. She was shaking, and there was a sudden ache in her belly. "Ow!" Neena sat hastily down on the couch, noticing Amara and Rachel for the first time.

Neena: "Well. Hey there girls," she cringed at another pain. "What's up?"

Amara: "Uh we were in the kitchen..." Amara told her, "We kind of heard... stuff..." She took a few steps towards her, "You alright?"

rachel: She moved further into the room and plopped down in a chair, "Hey, Neena. What Mara said pretty much covers it."

Neena: "Fine," she waved her hand dismissively. "Powers, you know. I got a little too excited and my body is complaining. Whatever. Sorry you had to hear that. I usually make it a rule not to argue around people. But, I guess we'll have a few days to cool down."

Amara: Amara covered the rest of the distance to Neena and sat down beside her, "You sure you're ok? That was a pretty heated argument and you should be taking it easy." She looked over all the paperwork, "Doesn't look to me like you've been doing much of that lately."

rachel: "Yeah, shouldn't be too hard to avoid each other since you two already seem to do that unintentionally..." Okay, that came out badly. "...For the cooling down thing, is what I mean. I'll just stop talking for a while now..."

Neena: "No, I mean, I won't see him until I get back from California now. My plane leaves at 8 tonight. Not like he notices," Neena leaned her head back on the couch. "I'm trying not to push myself too much, but it's almost impossible. My poor little girl has to put up with her mama being awful."

Amara: Amara chewed her lip, "You're not awful, Neena. And you shouldn't have to push yourself this much, maybe you can ask for help? I used to help my mother run her business before she hated me and I'm taking economics so I'm sure I can give you a hand." She put her hand on Neena's shoulder, "And you shouldn't leave feeling mad at him, he's doing his best too."

rachel: "Ah... right. That part kinda blended in with all the yelling." Maybe she should just do what she said and actually quit talking.

Neena: "I don't want to trouble you," she looked at Amara. "But I could use the help. My poor steward is already way overworked, and my aunt is still mourning my uncle. And I'm not mad at him. I miss him. Hate that Carey guy or whatever the little shit's name is. That's all."

Amara: "It's fine, I have a good mind for this stuff, I've been doing it since I was old enough to do long division," She patted Neena gentley, "Then you should call him and tell him before you go. And if he can't pick up then leave him a message so he knows or he'll be beating himself up about it the whole time you're gone." She gave Neena a small smile.

rachel: This kinda made her glad that she was the only one that worked out of her and Josh. Though... Rachel supposed waitressing and tattooing were nothing like business things...

Neena: "I'm so sure. It's fine. Let him cool his jets a bit, I'll fly out and when I come back...I'll deal. And how have you been, Amara? I haven't seen you in a bit. Haven't seen Rachel too, but that's totally my fault," she sent an apologetic look at Rachel.

Amara: Amara sighed and gave a slight shrug, "I've been alright, a bit ill. Appetite's all over the place and my powers too but I'll settle. Just stress I think." She tried not to look shifty, "And I still think you should call him first. You never know what can happen...."

Amara: She blushed and lowered her gaze to the floor, "Sorry... That was so insensitive of me... I don't know why I said that..."

Neena: Neena flinched at that. True, it wasn't the nicest thing to hear in light of her recent nightmares, but Amara had a point. "No, it's ok. I get what you're saying, believe me."

Amara: Amara put her hand on Neena's, "A few months ago I wouldn't have thought it important but my priorities changed." She pulled the chain that bore the wedding rings belonging to her and Matteo out from beneath her top, "I have a whole new perspective on life now."

rachel: "Not completely your fault. I kinda have a life, too," Rachel just shrugged, "And, I'm sure that could've come out way worse, Mara."

Benjamin: Ben punched her numbers into the phone. He didn't want to let her leave without being able to say he loved her. The taxi was approaching the tunnel though... shit. "C'mooon...." He let the phone ring and thakfully Neena's ringback came kicked in, throwing a smile on his face.

Benjamin: "C'mon... c'mon." They hit the tunnel. "No!"

Neena: Neena looked at the rings. "Those are pretty. They look like a set Ben and I were thinking about getting..." her blackberry shuddered on the couch next to her. "Sorry. It's the village idiot."

Neena: She picked up. "Hello?"

Amara: Amara smiled at Neena and tucked the rings away again, "I got married last semester while I was back in Italy," she explained, she decided to leave out the rest and then the phone saved her from further revelations.

Benjamin: "Neena?" They went into the tunnel. "Neena! Neena!?" The line was cut. Damn. "Shit... stupid tunnel." "Yesh itsa shtoopid tunnel indeed sah." The driver said. "Do yoo like de breege more?" Ben groaned. "I prefer web slinging." "Exscoosh me?" "Nothing." He banged his head against the glass.
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen