3/22 Instance: Emperors New Clothes

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Timeline right after game: with a bang and before all the other Alex instances ;).

Rogue: Rogue knocked on Sam's door and waited for a moment, looking over her shoulder at the new Alex kid, "Any preference on clothes? Button-up shirts, t-shirts? Sweater?"

Alex: Alex looked up and down the hallway, then focused on Rogue. Giving a shrug, he replied, "Well, besides ones that aren't torn up, just a t-shirt will work..."

Rogue: Rogue laughed and gave a shrug, "Guess that's good. Beggars cain't be choosers?" She frowned when she didn't get an answer with the second knock and pushed the door open, "Rebel? Baby? Huh. Guess he ain't here. C'mon in, Ah'll pick ya out somethin'."

Alex: Following her into the room, he stood awkwardly in the middle of it, not really sure if he should just stand or sit or anything, "Pretty much, yeah. Thanks, by the way, since you don't really have to do this."

Rogue: "Have a seat, sugah," she gestured at the bed and headed for Sam's closet, searching through his clothes, looking for something suitable. She pulled out a few different shirts and pants and tossed them to the bed. "Try those on." She moved to the dresser, "Sorry ta ask, but how in tact is ya underwear?"

Alex: Alex did as he was told and hesitantly sat down on the edge of the bed, eyeing the clothes she'd thrown down for him. "Pretty sure they're still in one piece," he answered and reached out for the clothing, "Where should I try these on?"

Rogue: "Well... In here if ya want, Ah won't look, promise. Or ya could go in tha bathroom. Need socks?"

Sam: He sauntered into his room, catching sight of Marie. "Oh, hey darl..." There was a guy on his bed. A kinda nakedish guy on his bed. Stopping dead he scowled and tried to make sense of this whole darn thing.

Alex: Looking between the two, he blinked and opened his mouth, searching for words and probably looking like an idiot while doing so. "I-I... um...I just n-needed clothes..." Alex slowly stood up, "Uh, I'll try them on in... the, um, bathroom..."

Rogue: "Hold on a sec, Alex." She turned to Sam and frowned at his face, "Darlin', stop that. Alex here needs clothes... Obviously. Y'all're near 'bout tha same size, so figured he could borrow some o' y'alls." She went over to kiss his cheek.

Sam: "Alex?" Looping his arm around her waist he gave the guy a smile that tried to hit more of a friendly vibe than a threatening one. "Uh, Ah didn't know we had an Alex here..."

Rogue: "We don't. Still might not. Had a lil problem at tha rally taday... Brought him here ta get him outta immediate danger. His family's here f' vacation."

Rogue: She turned back to Alex and smiled brightly at him, "Alex, meet Sam. Mah only slightly jealous boyfriend," she winked.

Alex: He cringed slightly at the mention of the danger that he'd caused but gave a tiny smile in return, "Nice to meet you, Sam."

Sam: "Hey." He held his hand out and shook the other guys hand, noticing he looked kinda frayed around the edges aside from the whole clothing in tatters thing. "You ok darlin'? If there was a problem at the rally - you didn't get hurt or anythin' did you?"

Alex: "The problem was me, ah, exploding... for lack of a better term," Alex glanced down at the floor, fidgeting with the clothing in his hands.

Rogue: Rogue frowned at Sam again, "Ah'm fine. Do Ah ever get hurt." She turned back to Alex, "It's alright, sugah." Rogue pulled away from Sam to go to him, putting a hand on his arm and dipping down to look at his eyes. "Hey, it ain't ya fault, alright? Why dontcha go see if any o' those fit?"

Sam: "You look pretty good considerin' you exploded, clothes aside." He folded his arms as he watched Marie. "Why did you explode?"

Alex: He nodded and looked around, debating whether he should go try the clothes on or answer Sam first... "Will you tell me where the bathroom is if I explain?"

Sam: "Its right thataway." He pointed to the door on the far side of the room. His eyes did a suspicious scan of the clothes, but there were no boxers on the bed, so he figured he could live with giving them to this new guy. Who Marie could really stop giving that mother theresa look to at anytime. He loved her for that, he reminded himself, but still...dang.

Alex: "Thank you." Alex gathered up the clothes, slipped past Rogue, and hurried into the bathroom to change.

Rogue: Rogue turned around to Sam and put her hands on her hips as she frowned at him, "What was that?"

Sam: "Ah dunno, you said he blew up." And then she cocked her eyebrow just so and he got what she meant. "Oh. Uh, nothin' darlin'. Ah just didn't expect a guy on mah bed. Like that." He gave her a somewhat sheepish grin.

Rogue: "Mmm." She narrowed her eyes a bit then sighed, "He just needs help, darlin'. An' he said his sister was with him when he 'exploded' but we didn't see anyone else... So he's a lil upset. We're thinkin' he's a mutant, but he doesn't know how it happened, so it might notta been him that did it..."

Sam: "Oh." That brought more concern on his face. "Where's his sister? And this was his first time?" Realizing how that sounded he made a face. "Like his first time for his powers? If he is a mutant then?"

Alex: He peeled his clothes off and slipped into the ones he was given. They fit, but they weren't the same as his own clothes. Alex made his way out of the bathroom, bunching up what was left of his clothes. "Um, what should I do with these?" he held them up, looking between them.

Sam: "Well...Ah'm no expert but Ah don't think you're gonna be able to sew them back together. Trash can is there." He pointed under his desk. "Um. So guess this is a big shock, hey?"

Alex: Dropping the clothes in the trashcan, he nodded, "Yeah and confusing."

Sam: "Yeah, Ah guess so. It's all a bit confusin' for everyone. You know, fumblin' around with it - not knowin' what you're doin' and scared that you're gonna get caught. Which, Ah guess you kinda did. Though at least by us and not the cops or someone."

Alex: "Well, there was almost getting caught by them, too..." Though, knowing that everyone was confused at first was kind of reassuring.

Sam: "So what made you go off? Do you know?" He looped his arm cautiously around Marie again, cocking his head at the new guy. The fact that she was almost arrested didn't boost his good feelings.

Rogue: Rogue arched an eyebrow at Sam but reached up to hold his hand draped over her shoulder. "Well... Ah don't care what anybody else says, it wouldn'ta been safe ta move ya 'till we knew ya weren't hurt. Ah'd rather have been caught than had ya hurt worse 'cause o' me."

Alex: "Some guy was messing with my sister, and I ended up stepping in," he answered. "I think I'd rather have been more hurt, if I was, than be arrested. I think it's easier to tell my parents that I was off meeting new people, rather than asking them to post my bail."

Sam: "Darlin'..." He half chided but listened to the guy, nodding sympathetically. "Yeah. It's gonna be hard to explain to them all about it. What'd y'all see there? Like after the 'bam'?"

Rogue: Rogue rolled her eyes and pulled Sam to the bed, patting an empty space for Alex to sit. "Ah was kinda wonderin' if maybe his powers're similar ta Remy's... That's tha only true explosive power Ah know of... Can y'all think o' any, Rebel?"

Sam: He frowned, thinking hard. "Ah don't know. Maybe that Scott guy - but he's been off doin' things right now."

Rogue: "True."

Alex: Alex tentatively took a seat where Rogue had patted and listened to them talk. He didn't know who any of those people were...

Sam: "So...you gonna stay here a bit? Call your folks? There's plenty of space - and new people come pretty often. Two new girls in the last while, for that matter."

Rogue: "Oh! Ah win that bet!" Rogue looked at them both after her outburst then shut her mouth, shoulders slumping a bit as she winced. "Sorry..." She did make a mental note to call Remy though.

Alex: He opened his mouth to answer Sam, closed it at Rogue's outburst, and blinked. Shaking his head, he went to answer again, "Probably call my parents and talk to them about it tonight or tomorrow... if I can stay until tomorrow, that is..."

Sam: He gave her a little odd look, but he was used to her and simply tightened his arm around her. "Well of course you can." His brow creased. "Oh, unless you mean they'll want you to go with them. That's gonna be the trick, ain't it? They're ok with mutants, Ah hope."

Rogue: "Sure ya can stay, sug. We can fix ya up a guest room f' tha night if ya want. Ya more'n welcome ta stay as long as ya want," she gave him a smile and leaned into Sam. "Yeah... Do ya know how they feel 'bout mutants?"

Alex: "I can't really imagine them being thrilled about the idea of me staying, but I can probably convince them that it's most likely safer if I do..." Alex shrugged, "No, we haven't really discussed it."

Rogue: "So... Do ya remember anythin' sides things bein' bright?" Rogue chewed her lip, hoping he would.

Sam: "Yeah, well, Ah mean - what else are you gonna do? If things are out of control and you have that kinda power..." Something crossed his mind. "Uh, how do you feel about mutants?"

Alex: "Well, I feel pretty grateful considering mutants just saved my ass..." He thought over what Rogue had asked, "Everything was bright, and it felt like there was pressure rising... mainly in my hands. They burned, and then there was the explosion. Then, the pressure and burning went away, and you all found me..."

Rogue: Ok, so his power involved his hands. She looked down at them and held her hand out to him, palm up. "Lemme see?" She thought over everything he'd told her. "So... Tha guy that was messin' with ya sister. Guessin' he pissed ya off real bad?"

Sam: Things started to click into place. "Wait, and she's still missin'?"

Alex: He recalled her powers and gave her one of his hands once he'd noted the gloves, "Yeah, he did and I don't know. I just hope she's okay."

Sam: He couldn't help but touch Marie's cheek just to show that he could, along with the simple reassurance of it. "Ah'm glad you weren't hurt darlin'. But it must be awful not knowin'. Ah'm sorry for that, man."

Rogue: Rogue ran her other hand over his palm then flipped his hand over, looking at both sides, thinking maybe he had something like Ben with his web thingy. She smiled softly at Sam's touch, but kept searching his hand. "Do ya think ya could do it again?"

Alex: Alex glanced at Sam and just nodded before turning his attention back to Rogue, giving her a slight alarmed look, "In here?"

Sam: "No." He answered quickly and then gave a weak chuckle and shrugged. "Ah mean...this sounds like an out of doors sorta power. Like mine."

Rogue: "Yeah, not in here. We could go outside, or.." she glanced back at Sam, trying to get a feel for what he would think about what she was about to suggest, "there's a special room we use f' stuff like that...So ya wouldn't hafta worry 'bout hurtin' anythin' outside either..."

Sam: "Yeah." He made a slight face. "If we'd be allowed down there and all. And you'd have to face away." Like hell was he letting just Marie go down to test anything with this guy. He felt for him, but he didn't even know if he'd blown his sister up, really.

Alex: "Outside sounds fine to me. I like the outdoors..." Well, and he'd rather not give Sam another reason to not exactly like him...

Rogue: "Do ya think ya need ta get angry again? Or have somethin' ta focus it on?" She could have Sam standing by with extra clothes...

Sam: "Yeah. Alright. Well, we can always try, right?" He stood and helped Marie up. "Backyard's this way. At least the worse you can do is knock some trees over."

Alex: Alex got up and couldn't really believe he was actually planning on trying that again. "I think I'll just try to focus on making it happen again, I guess..."

Rogue: "Well, if it don't work, Ah guess we're gonna find out what pisses ya off pretty quickly, huh?" She gave him a smile and opened the door for them.

Sam: He arched a brow at his girlfriend, wondering what the hell she had up her sleeve, waiting until Alex went out the door before following with a look to her.

Rogue: Rogue gave Sam a sweet as pie smile as she went out after them, not letting on to anything.

Alex: He followed, not sure if he liked that sound of that, "Uh, sure...?"

Sam: "Well Ah mean, it's your choice. Ah'm sure the doctor we have here will look you over too. Or if you'd like to just rest...they're a guest room you can sleep in. No pressure."

Alex: "I think I'd like to try this, and then a guest room sounds nice."

Rogue: Rogue smiled at Alex and pushed open the door to the backyard. "Then let's do this, yeah?"

Alex: Stepping outside, Alex nodded and let out a breath, "Yep."

Sam: He kept close to Marie, not sure about this whole thing. "Ok...well...how about aimin' off in the distance? Down over the lawn? Ah know there ain't anythin' for quite a space back there other than the trees."

Rogue: "Do ya think ya gotta focus it on an object'r somethin'? Or do ya think ya can just... let it go?"

Alex: "That's probably a good idea, and I think I'll just try to let it go toward the trees..." Alex looked out over the lawn and clenched a fist as he focused on the tree line, feeling slightly bad about possibly killing some of them.

Sam: "Ok, so do we do anythin'?" He asked in a low voice to Marie, making sure they were back far enough.

Rogue: "We're gonna watch an' see how he does it in case he passes out again. An' we're gonna help him out with focusin' if he needs it. Or at least Ah will."

Alex: Alex wasn't really sure how to get this whole thing to work, so he tried to focus on the feeling earlier with the whole burning thing... even though that hadn't exactly felt pleasant. He clenched his fist more tightly and watched it carefully for any signs of whether this was working or not.

Sam: "Help him focus?" He looked uncertainly at Alex. "How would you do that?"

Rogue: "Give him somethin' ta focus on..."

Sam: "And that means what?" He forgot to whisper with that one.

Rogue: "Ya won't like tha answer," she shrugged and watched Alex, wondering if it was going ok.

Alex: Nothing was happening. Why wasn't anything happening? He took in a deep breath and tried focusing again for a few moments before turning back toward them, "I don't know how to make this work..."

Sam: He clamped a hand on her arm. "You ain't playin' target practice with him darlin'. He'll figure it out." Turning to Alex he frowned. "Well...you said you were angry before. Try pretendin' its happenin' as it was before. But if you don't get it now you can always try again later, right?"

Leech: Rogue frowned at Sam then glared down at his hand. "Let go o' me, Sam." She looked up at Alex, "How 'bout a bit o' sparrin'? Ya good at that?"

Alex: Alex looked between the two, "I, uh, don't know. I've never really sparred before, but yeah... I can always try again later..."

Sam: "Sparrin' is one thing." He released her. "But maybe Ah can have first try with him, hey?"

Rogue: "Y'all ain't invulnerable," she reminded in a hiss and crossed her arms. "Ah could teach ya how ta spar, darlin'. It ain't hard."

Alex: "Are you sure?" he asked Rogue uncertainly, eyeing Sam. "You really don't have to. I mean, thanks for the offer and all..."

Sam: Lord she was stubborn. He crossed his arms and scowled and stood there watching the pair of them. That guy better pass out if he hurt Marie cause otherwise he was going to pound him one.

Rogue: "Ah'm sure," she smiled at Alex, completely ignoring Sam's irritation. "If ya need ta focus on someone, best ta focus on someone who cain't get hurt, right?" She turned to Sam and gave him a kiss, still ignoring the scowl then moved a few feet away, waiting for Alex to come over. "Wanna learn ta spar, or ya just want me ta piss ya off?"

Sam: "Hey. You ain't some bullseye darlin'. Get him mad, sure, but aim him at somethin'. Maybe some haybales or somethin' he can focus on."

Alex: He moved over to where Rogue was, "You can just try to make me angry." He didn't really want to be beat down by a girl... or her boyfriend since sparring involved hitting people, and he probably wouldn't take well to him throwing a punch at his girlfriend...

Rogue: "Ok." Rogue took a breath and glared at him, trying to think. "What happened with that boy an' ya sister, Alex?"

Alex: "Uh... they got in some argument over something..." Alex shrugged.

Rogue: "Something? Ya sister a lil whore, Alex?" Rogue smirked at him. She would have to explain to him later she meant none of this... It would help if she knew him better though. "

Sam: His eyes nearly popped out of his head at her language. "Darlin'...."

Alex: His mouth hung open for a moment before he managed, "No!"

Rogue: "That's gotta be it. Ya sister's a dirty lil fuckin' whore, Alex. An' Ah betcha that ya mama is, too, right? That how ya got this vacation? Mama visitin' one o' her clients? That why tha two o' y'all hadta leave tha hotel?" She put her hands on her hips and arched an eyebrow at him.

Sam: Sam stood there dumbfounded. "Rogue!" He managed to bark out, narrowly avoiding using her real name. "There's no reason to talk like that, his powers or not."

Alex: "No, they aren't!" Alex denied again, slightly agitated.

Rogue: Rogue completely ignored Sam and laughed at Alex. "Oh no? Then what did that guy want with ya sister? She not do somethin' like how ya mama does?"

Alex: His fists clenched tightly, and the semi-familiar prickling in his arms was building up again, his hands starting to let off blue-ish rings of light. Alex raised his arm to get a better look at the light emitting from it, not exactly expecting to blast Rogue.

Sam: Alex was glowing. That couldn't be a good thing. "Rogue, get out of the way!" He was one step away from blasting and catching that guy up and hoisting him a good 100 feet in the air.

Rogue: Rogue smiled, pleased with herself as she saw his hands start to glow. "Well that's a new one." She looked over at Sam, "What f', hun? We figured out how his power works f' tha most part.... Ain't no need f' me ta be mean anymore." She stepped a bit closer to Alex. "Hey, darlin'. Ah didn't mean a word o' that, alright? Ah just wanted ya ta know."

Alex: Now, how was he supposed to get them to stop glowing? He obviously wasn't going to explode again. Maybe they'd stop by themselves once he'd calmed down. Alex glanced over at Rogue, "Yeah, it's cool. You were just doing what you said you would."

Rogue: Rogue frowned at his hands, "Maybe ya should blast it out that-a-way," she gestured at the woods.

Alex: "That's probably a good idea." He nodded and tentatively held one of his hands out toward the trees, focusing on the burning in his hands until a blast fired toward the trees and sent him stumbling backwards.

Sam: "Whoa." He was more looking at the denuded and knocked down trees than he was Alex landing on his ass. "Darlin', don't piss this guy off, ok?"

Rogue: Rogue smiled and moved to help Alex up. "That's pretty darn nifty, hun." She arched an amused eyebrow at Sam, "Piss him off? Hell nah. More like sparrin' with powers." Those would be fun to play with...

Alex: Alex accepted the help up, eyes widening at the hole he'd made in the woods, "Yeah, it's kinda painful, too."

Sam: "It hurt you?" Well that sucked. "Ah don't many here that have their powers hurt them." He gave a roll of his eyes to Marie. He swore the woman loved risking her life and limbs.

Alex: "Well, my ass hurts," he shrugged.

Rogue: Rogue laughed and shook her head, "Ah think ya gonna be just fine. So... Now that ya know how that explosion happened, ya remember anythin' else?'

Alex: "Not really. Guessing it was kinda like that, except bigger, y'know?"

Sam: "Bigger?" Ok this wasn't pleasing Sam any, particularily because that had nearly been Rogue. "Well...Ah bet you've had a long day. Want a nap?"

Rogue: "Or food? We got plenty of it. Ya still need ta call ya folks, too, hun... See if they know where ya sister is..."

Alex: "Actually, a nap sounds nice. I'll call my parents after," he smiled, despite the fact that he was worried about Haley. "Thanks for the clothes and help and everything."

Rogue: "Anytime, sug. We're here ta help." She rubbed his shoulder a bit, "C'mon, Sam an' Ah'll getcha situated in a guest room f' a nap."

Sam: Sam followed after, feeling a little bit like the third wheel, but he resolved to get a nap of his own in. With Marie.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I love Alex's powers. They've always been sort of psychadelically awesome to me.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heeheehee. Sam tends to find naked men with his Roguey rather a lot.