3/23 Instance: Tips

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

3/23 Instance: Tips

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

timeline: before Fight then Flight

rachel: Sometimes Rachel would rather stab herself with the silverware than dress up for this job, but today wasn't so bad. She even got to wear pants, and they were black. She gave a smile as she set the plates on the table and let out a sigh as she walked away only to discover that she had another table to cover. Taking a deep breath, she forced the smile back on as she made her way over.

rachel: "Hi, my name is Rachel, and I'll... Neena... what are you doing here?" she dropped the act once she realized who was at the table.

Neena: "What does it look like I'm doing?" Neena raised an eyebrow. "Ben's over at the studio again and I needed a change of scenery, so I came to check out where you work," she eyed Rachel's outfit. "Nice...corset."

rachel: "It looks like you're making my life stressful by sitting there. And, you could've just come and hung out with me at the tattoo parlor tonight..." Rachel looked down at herself and rolled her eyes, "Be glad you came on a day where I'm not dressed in a french maid outfit."

Neena: She had to laugh at that one. "Oh, come now. I just want a virgin daiquiri and a half glass of wine. The bourdeaux, and bring me the oldest year you have. And then you can take your lunch break and come sit with your poor, abandoned pregnant friend."

rachel: "Well, I'll be back with your order in a few. I have to check on my tables and find someone to take care of them, if I'm taking my break." She went off to get the drinks and make herself a tentacle shake, slightly disappointed that Bobby wasn't around to make it for her since his always seemed to turn out better. After telling someone, she returned to the table and set Neena's glasses down.

Neena: "Thanks," she swirled the wine around, mindful of her belly. "Let's hope I don't drop any. I swear as soon as the belly came I started dropping food on it everytime I eat. So. About your tattoo thingy. I want one."

rachel: "Eh, it's my job. And, at least it catches everything, so you don't have to eat it off the floor," she shrugged, blinking slightly, "You want one?"

Neena: "Yep. I sure do. I'm getting ugly as fuck, Rachel. I've got this belly and Hank is saying that I'm underweight for someone who's pregnant, so I'll have to eat more. I need something chic, something sexy, you know? To keep Ben interested."

rachel: "Oh, please. You aren't ugly, and Ben is like obsessive," she pulled one of the gummy worms out of her shake and popped it in her mouth, "But, if you really want it... I can do it. What were you planning on getting and where?"

Neena: She took a pensive sip of the wine. "I don't know. Somewhere that wouldn't show. I can't be leading meetings at the growers association with a tattoo on my neck, you know? And I want it to be more for myself and Ben anyway. Maybe on my hip? Or my back? What hurts less?"

rachel: "Um... yeah..." Rachel reached up and rubbed the back of her neck where the tattoo was, leaning forward to drink some of the milkshake, "Like, the small of your back or your shoulder blade? It all depends on the person, really. The one on my back wasn't bad, except for when it got close to my sides... so I'm going with hip being more painful."

Neena: "Maybe my lower back. Like, right in line with my hips. That would be cute, right?" she thought for a moment. "At first I wanted a butterfly, but I think those are too common. Then I thought a cherry blossom. What do you think?"

rachel: "That won't be too bad. That's pretty much where mine is." She shrugged, "Those are flowers, right? Flowers are pretty common. One I have is roses. But, I think it could be cool. I can draw something out for you, if you want."

Neena: "Really! Wow, that'd be, like, uber awesome!" Neena clasped her hands in delight. "A custom tattoo! And we can do it in color right? That's how they do it?"

rachel: "Well, unless you have a specific image you want done. Otherwise, I'll just draw something and have you approve of it." Rachel nodded, pulling another gummy worm from the purple drink, "Color isn't a problem. Black and white is just cheaper. Though, you don't really have to worry about money."

Neena: "No, I don't. I can't wait to see what you come up with! How exciting." Neena finished off her wine. "Oh, poo. This is all I can have all day."

rachel: "When do you want to have it done? I'll have to schedule it, and I'm usually only in there during the evening." Rachel glanced around and checked the time. Yeah, still had a while for her break. "You want anything to eat? Or something else to drink?"

Neena: "No, I just needed a quick break. Probably next week, maybe on a friday? Those are my free days."

rachel: "Okay, cool. I'll get back to you on that," she leaned back in her seat, disappointed that her shake was pretty much gone. "So, how was your break? Don't think I've had a chance to ask.

Neena: "It was...you know," she shrugged. "Lazarus hating on Ben, Kate driving me crazy, everyone rubbing my belly. It's like suddenly I'm a lucky charm or something." And the nightmares. She could tell Rachel about them, right? She had to tell someone. "And I've been having a lot of dreams, so not too much sleep."

rachel: "Sounds like fun. Mine was Josh, work, and not much sleep... though, not because of dreams," she chewed on her lip, "Well, most of the time. Can't imagine they're good if it's keeping you up..."

Neena: "Eh. When is dreaming about dead people ever good?" she tried to keep her voice light. "Shit, I'm being, like, haunted by Milo or something. I think it's the peanut butter, honestly. I should stop eating that stuff, it messes with your brain."

rachel: "Peanut butter is awesome. Maybe it's just everything you have going on."

Neena: "I guess so. My godmother mentioned something about pregnant dreams being really intense. Anyway. And you? How's the wedding stuff going? You're ring is so stunning! It's totally vintage chic."

rachel: "Well, maybe they'll go away. Dai had me write my nightmares down in a notebook, and it kinda helped. I'd offer to let you see it... but it's kinda... dark..." Rachel glanced down at her ring, grinning a bit, "Thanks. Rogue's maid of honor, Cess is photographer and offered to help plan parties, and that's all."

Neena: "You're missing a wedding planner, you know. I could help with that!" Neena raised her hand. "Because I know otherwise you wouldn't lift a finger. So just leave it to me! And Josh. I imagine he'd be the one doing most of the choosing when it comes to wedding stuff."

rachel: She thought back to the conversation her and Ben had on myspace, but she could use the help... "Yeah, sure. If you want to help, but don't you have your own wedding to plan? And, talking to Josh would be a good idea. It's his wedding. Although... you might wanna wait until after you get your tattoo..."

Neena: "Oh, please. First I have to have this baby, then I gotta lose the pregnancy pounds, THEN I can plan. So your wedding will be like...practice!"

rachel: "Pffft, if it was my wedding... we'd be married already."

Neena: "I can see that," Neena grinned. "You'd be like Carrie Bradshaw in the Sex and the City movie."

rachel: Rachel shook her head, "I have no idea who that is..."

Neena: "I didn't think you would. It's an old movie anyway. But she got married at a city hall in this super chic suit, it was very you."

rachel: "Well, I know of the show and movie. I've never bothered to watch it and probably never will, but sounds like you and Rogue would agree on a suit. Cess suggested a dress that's maybe not white, and I don't do frilly and poofy."

Neena: "The bride should wear white," she recited. "You can do a really nice skirt suit that's no frills but still feminine. Maybe a single ruffle in the blouse or something if you want."

rachel: "Luckily, white doesn't look terrible on me," she shrugged, "And, I'd rather just suffer a dress than deal with a skirt."

Neena: "You could wear a sheath dress. No frills, no problem. Of course I'm at a total dilemma. I CAN'T wear white." Neena twisted her ring around her finger. "No matter how badly I want to. I'd look like a...dalmation ghost!"

rachel: "Well, I could always make everything think you look normal, so you'd look fine in white... or you could just pick a different color," Rachel grinned.

Neena: "That's an enticing idea, but the pictures won't lie. Maybe I can do champagne. Or tint the fabric blue so it plays off my eyes but still looks close to white." she noticed Rachel's confused look. "Shutting up now."

rachel: "Yeah, point taken with the pictures..." she chewed on her lip and looked up at the clock again, "And, as much as I'd like to pretend I know what you're talking about, I have to get back to work."

Neena: "Alright. I guess I should head back to the mansion," she looked at her phone. "Yikes. I'm late for my meeting." she gathered her bag. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

rachel: "Tip," Rachel coughed, shooting her a smirk. "And, yeah, maybe. If not, I'll have my phone on me."

[Edited on 24-3-2009 by Slarti]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.