28/03 Instance: Nanna Rising.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

28/03 Instance: Nanna Rising.

Post by steyn »

Timelined Current

Amara: Amara was curled up in an arm chair reading a book and trying not to cry. The book was sad. She sniffed and distracted herself with a piece of toffee.

Alex: Alex flicked through the channels, leaning back at bit and propping his feet up on the coffee table. At the sniffling, he glanced over at Amara and watched her for a few moments before asking, "Are you okay?"

NanaAl: After being done with mumbling curses at the taxi driver, who still refused to drive his car away, Al turned around to take a look - or rather peer through her incredible thick glasses - at the large mansion. She huffed contemptuously and shook her head. Typical decadent rich folks. Or worse, wealthy Babbitts. But it would have to do.

Amara: Amara looked up and nodded, smiling at Alex, "I'm fine... just a sad book. It'll end well, I've read it a million times but it always makes me cry."

NanaAl: She struggled her way up the stairs with the aid of her walking stick. Not even bothering with looking for a doorbell, she knocked it repeatedly against the door.

Alex: "Oh," he considered the book, debating whether he really wanted to know... "What's it about?"

Amara: "It's part of a series," Amara replied, "About four kids that get locked in an attic for years." She shifted in her seat since she was losing the feeling in her left foot, "It's a good read."

Wade: Wade opened the door. He was expecting that cheerful knock all day. "Nana!" he said with a smile so large it could make Julia Robert's mouth cower in fear. "How was the ride?"

Alex: Alex nodded, "Well, I can see why it's depressing now. Being trapped in an attic doesn't sound very appealing."

NanaAl: "Horrible." Al said and walked into the house. "The taxi driver wouldn't stop talking. Wouldn't have been half has bad if he had used a language that decent people can understand." She nudged Wade with the tip of her walking stick. "Go get my bags. And pay the man. I'm afraid he won't leave unless he gets his money. Greedy bastards."

Amara: "It's not, but they make the best of it." She put the bookmark in and put the book aside, "I'd reccomend the read but you're male so I doubt you'd like it as much."

Alex: He looked down at himself and shrugged, not exactly able to disagree with the male part, "I could try, maybe... when you're done with it..."

Wade: "Oh Nana," he sighed, then went out and stuck some money in the cabdriver's had and grabbed her bags. "They're a little heavy, aren't they?" he asked her inside the mansion, talking about the bags.

Amara: Amara smiled, "If you really want to give it a go, I've got another copy. This one's getting a bit too well-read now so it's falling apart. I bought a spare in case this one died before I was finished."

Alex: "Sounds good to me," Alex returned the smile.

NanaAl: "I always said that it's better to come prepared." Al said and nodded sagely, waddling down the hallway. "After all, who knows how long those idiots will take to fix my apartment. So I don't know how long I'll have to stay." She stopped dead in her tracks, looking around. "Where do I have to go? This place is already confusing."

Amara: Amara shifted in her seat again and offered Alex a toffee, "More home made delights from Italy."

Alex: He took the candy with a thanks and looked over at the tv, "Anything you want to watch? Doesn't seem to be much on..." That must be the reason why he never watched a lot of tv at home. Well, and he was usually busy with something.

Wade: "Actually I'm not sure myself. I still get lost around here. I think the rooms change when you're not looking. One moment you walk into a kitchen the next instance you're in the recroom, oh speaking of recroom, they got a big big tv in there." Wade suggested

Amara: Amara shrugged, "I dunno... any good cartoons on? I feel like rotting my brain." She got up and moved over to the sofa so she wouldn't hurt her neck looking at the tv.

NanaAl: "Ah, yes, now that's what I'm looking for." Al nodded again while searching through her pocket. She pulled out a clock with oversized numbers and started at it for a while. "It's almost time for my shows." She gesticulated with her stick. "Be a good boy and show me this tv, will you?"

Alex: "There might be, but I don't know what channel they'd be on..." Alex held out the remote to her, hoping that maybe she'd know.

Amara: Amara laughed, flicking through the channels til she hit the right one, "Ah much better." She set her book on the table and leaned back in her seat, "Mind rotting silliness." She closed her eyes, savouring the lack of any bad sound from the tv.

Wade: "Well, by sheer coincidence we seem to be standing right next to the door that leads to said recroom! Isn't that something? Just through here," Wade pushed the door of the recroom open with a foot, the only appendage no holding him up, or holding on to bags.

Alex: He stared blankly at the screen, the sound of the door being opened catching his attention and distracting him from the mind-numbing junk on the tv. He was fairly sure he hadn't met him yet, "Um, hi?"

NanaAl: Al trudged through the door into the rec room. "Finally, something positive." She commented after spotting the large tv screen. Ignoring the youngsters, she paced through the room on the search for the remote. "Come on, will you held an old lady already?" She asked no one in particular. "There you are." Doing her best to lean forward, she snatched the remote from Amara.

Amara: Amara heard the door and opened her eyes then felt the remote snatched from her grasp, "Hey!" She looked at the door, "Oh Hi Wade....oh god..." the penny dropped.

NanaAl: Al carefully sat down in a chair in front of the tv and gave a relieved sigh, before she started to change through the channels.

Amara: "Oi! We were watching that!" Amara informed her, "Don't you know it's polite to ask before you commondere the tv?" She looked at Wade, "Does she belong to you?"

Wade: "Dear sweet Nana Al will be staying here for a night..." Wade put the baggage down. "Or two...aww, bless her clotted heart, she looks so happy there."

NanaAl: "Don't you know it's not polite to speak up when an old lady is watching her shows?" Al asked back, giving Amara a look. "Now be good girl and shut up while I watch this, will you?"

Alex: Alex looked between the old woman and the guy, then looked over at Amara, not quite sure what to say...

Amara: Amara looked between Wade and 'Nana Al' and closed her eyes, Oh God... she sighed, "Sorry?" She blinked at the old lady then picked up her book again, "Rude..." she muttered to herself.

Alex: "So...um...what show are we watching?" he hesitantly asked Nana Al.

NanaAl: "That's better." Al said, peering at the screen. "Bah, still the news. Who wants to see that? Only idiots excited about a camera pointing their way." She tapped her stick on the floor impatiently. The announcer mentioned something about a serial killer or something, seemingly being after mutants.

Wade: "Heey, you're splody kid, you look different without the smoking clothes and bewildered look on your face. Nana, be nice, you're a guest here." Wade made his way to a free seat.

Amara: Amara shook her head as she hid behind her book. She wasn't reading, it was just a conveniant place to hide.

NanaAl: Turning her head, she gave Wade a look. "I hope they're not talking about you there." She huffed again. "Nice is overrated. Everyone I knew in life was friendly, and they're all dead now. See what it got them."

Alex: Alex gave a small grin, "Oh, uh, yeah... that's me." Right, that had been the guy driving the van now that he thought about it...

Amara: "His name is Alex, Wade." Amara reminded him.

NanaAl: "Don't bother with names." Al tossed in from her chair. "He'll forget and mix them up anyway. I'm surprised he remembers me."

Amara: "If we don't bother he'll never learn, better to train the memory than leave it to rot." Amara sang from behind her book. Wade's Nana reminded her of her mother.

Wade: "Oh nana you silly old wrinkled mushroom, I remember names very easily. That's Am...something and he's Alex. See, I remember. Besides, if I was the guy they were talking about, I'm pretty sure I would do a better job than that. Not that I will do it." He gave shifty eyes at the other two students in the room.

NanaAl: "I'm pretty sure his memory is so rotten already that it wouldn't surprise me if it grew fresh moss soon." Al said, giving Wade an kind of affectionate nudge with her stick.

Amara: Amara peered at Wade and his grandmother over the top of her book, "Yeah... ok..." she replied and left it at that.

Alex: "Amara," he supplied, looking between the two again.

Wade: "Yes, Amara, she can make toast just by holding a slice of bread, how awesome is that? And Alex here can....yeah I got nothing, what you do again?" Wade turned to look at the guy.

Alex: "Uh... explode?" Alex offered.

Amara: "He can touch me when I'm in my other form," Amara supplied, "I think that's pretty cool." She smiled at Alex.

NanaAl: "Speaking of toast, when do people eat in this place?" Al asked. "I hope they have some decent food here. Usually snobbish places like this one blow everything on the tacky decor, but know nothing about food. I have some cans with beans in my bags, if it's as bad as I fear it is."

Amara: "We all cook our own food," Amara told her, "This isn't a hotel." She set her book down on the table again.

NanaAl: Turning her head, she gave Alex a long look. "Please have the decency to use the bathroom when you do that." She huffed and poked him with her stick. "Doesn't surprise me the youth today has no decency anymore."

NanaAl: "Oh, really? I would have sworn that people here are too lazy to wipe their own asses and have personnel even for that."

Wade: "Huh. Well, I'm sure exploding can have an advantage....not sure what though. But I bet it's an awe inspiring advantage that we will find out later in the future, maybe in the some kind of class or private self taught lesson or whatnot. " Wade went into his own little world of wondering while Nana went on her rant.

Amara: Amara blinked at her, "You're just full of low expectations, aren't you?"

Alex: "Yeah, I guess there's that, too." Alex blinked at her, slowly realizing what she meant, "No, no! Not like that! Like, as in... there's an explosion with a boom and everything. It's hard to explain..." He also scooted closer to Amara on the couch to avoid more poking.

Wade: "She actually have incredibly high expectations, but she never expect people to reach them." Wade commented.

Amara: Amara gave Alex a reassurring pat on the arm then looked at Wade, "Well that's just silly."

NanaAl: "I call it life experience." Al replied, this time giving Amara a look. "You'll get it too when you're as old as I am. Provided you'll have to go through all the hard work that I had to endure, and aren't getting everything provided for you." She frowned. "Judging by your looks, however, I won't hold my breath."

Amara: Amara was momentarily lost for words then she just lost her temper. She pulled out her wedding rings and slammed them onto the table. "I've been through more than enough already. Thankyouverymuch."

NanaAl: Al just laughed dryly, trailing off with some coughing. "Oh, sure you had, honey. You all have it that tough, haven't you?" She waved her stick about. "I mean, I'm sure it's horrible to get lost in such a huge house all the time."

Alex: He blinked at the outburst and leaned back into the cushions once more, deciding he'd rather not be involved. It might result in more poking and prodding with that cane if he was.

Wade: "Aww, she's opening up to friends. I knew she'd like it here." Wade gleefully said.

Amara: Amara glared at the woman, "Yes it's wonderful to be in this nice house while my husband lies dead in the ground thousands of miles away. Fantastic." Amara snatched the rings up again and folded her arms.

Alex: "It's not like we've always lived here either," Alex pointed out quietly, hoping that maybe she was kinda deaf.

NanaAl: She peered at the table, trying to make out the rings lying there. "Now now, don't tell me you're married." Al looked up at Amara and nodded in an appreciative way. "So you already outlived your first husband. Good good. I remember when I was as young as you where and my first husband died. I hope yours wasn't as poor as mine. That was hardly worth it."

Alex: He looked over at Wade, "How can you tell she likes anything?"

Amara: Amara barely managed to contain her temper, she saw a few items on the table wobble as a slight tremor went through the ground. She took a few steadying breaths, "I think you need to apologise before you set me off." she said as calmly as she could.

Wade: "Was that Charlie or Henry, the first one?" Wade asked then looked over to Alex, "Because she's still here." Then back to Nana, "Play nice you two, or no tv for the rest of the night."

NanaAl: "Girly, when you lived as long as I did, you're way past apologizing to anyone." Al explained with a nod. "Believe me, it's overrated."

NanaAl: "Is that how you thank me for taking you in?" She asked Wade, this time poking him with the cane. "I'm just honest with the girl."

Amara: "Personally I think apologies are a good way to prevent you from being hurt." Amara replied curtly, she put the rings down again, worried her temper would make her hand too hot and melt them.

Alex: Alex looked between the two women, deciding that maybe a change of subject would be good, "So, uh, nana... how long are you staying?"

NanaAl: "Ooh, you mean I could accidentally die a year or two before I croak from old age? How frightening." Al gave a mock shudder and turned up the volume of the tv.

NanaAl: "As long as those useless workers need to fix my apartment." Al explained. "They said it wouldn't take longer than a day or two, but knowing those lazy bums I'm pretty sure they're sitting on my couch for a week and drink beer."

Amara: Amara felt her temperature rise again and decided some pacing would be a good idea. She needed to cook but the smells would make her feel ill. She was starting to hate being pregnant.

Wade: After a while of contemplating and thinking of contemplating, Wade came to a conclusion. "If memory serves me, and it usually does on certain occasions from nine to five and to seven on weekends, I can't remember you technically actually taking me into your home." Wade told Nana Al.

Wade: "Sure I found ways to get in, many ways, ways you couldn't figure out for a long time, but I can't remember you actually taking me in. But I love your company anyway Nana." Wade said with puppy dog eyes.

Alex: He glanced over at Amara and patted her arm like she had for him earlier, then nodded at what the old lady had said, "Ah... So, planning on doing anything besides watch tv while you're here?"

NanaAl: Al turned her head to give Wade a long, contemplative look. Eventually, she shrugged. "Boy, me stopping to call the cops on you is just as good as formally taking you in." She gave him a pat on the head, followed by a mean poke with the cane. "Now be glad I did that and stop questioning me all the time."

Amara: Amara flashed a quick smile at Alex to show she wasn't mad at him and continued pacing back and forth behind the sofa, muttering to herself in rapid Italian.

NanaAl: "Besides, you came in at a fitting time." She went on explaining. "My old parrot just died weeks ago. He could speak, but never made any sense. Much like you do. I guess it was just my soft old heart that made me put up with you because you remind me so much of old Mr. Nixon." She paused, looked at the others. "That's the parrot, by the way. Not the president."

Amara: "Chiudere su. il vecchio pipistrella matta." Amara said, aiming it at Al. (("Shut up. Crazy old bat."))

Wade: "Why did you name name your parrot after tricky dick?" Wade asked.

NanaAl: Al tapped a finger against her nose. "They just looked so much alike."

Wade: "The feathers?" Wade asked once again.

Alex: Alex remained silent, listening to the conversation.

NanaAl: "Close." Al replied. She kept on looking at the tv. Stupid commercials.

Amara: Amara continued muttering to herself only stopping when a pair of semi transparent shoes came into view. She sighed, nodding in resignation she went to sit down again. She had to stay happy for the baby.

Wade: "Frankly I don't see how I could possibly be the same as parrot. I'm peckish, anyone want something? I'm gonna go grab me some crackers." Wade said and got up.

Amara: "Glass of water, please Wade. Need to calm down." Amara replied, "Thank you." She added.

Alex: "I'll have some water, too, please."

NanaAl: "Bring me some toast while you're at it, will you?" Al asked.

Wade: "With what on it? Or you want it as dry as your veins?" Wade asked standing at the kitchen's door.

Amara: Amara giggled at Wade's question and looked over at Nana again.

NanaAl: "Just butter." Al said, then muttered under her breath for a minute longer.

Amara: "Non dare me che guarda..." Amara said looking over Al's head and rolling her eyes slightly. She'd decided talking to Matteo in Italian would raise less suspicions if anyone overheard her. (("Don't give me that look..."))

Wade: Wade disappeared from view into the kitchen. After a while of clattering in the kitchen Wade finally came out carrying a tray. "Here's toast," he said, handing the plate, "And I couldn't remember, did you two say water or vodka?" he said with two glasses with clear liquid in them.

Amara: "Water," Amara replied, "Please tell me you guessed water.....?"

Wade: "Okay, see here, I just disappeared in the kitchen and there was all this clattering around in there, I can't keep track of everything going on around me or my hands. Let's just hope for the best when you drink it." Wade said with a smile and held the glass towards her.

Alex: "Thanks... I think..." Alex stared at the liquid in the glass and hesitantly took a sip, his face twisting as he swallowed.

NanaAl: "During my time we used to drink vodka like it was water." Al mumbled while chewing on her toast. "In fact, we were raised on it." She continued to mumble something about the youth these days.

Amara: Amara sniffed the liquid and put the glass carefully back on the table, "I'll just go and get myself a glass of water." She stood up, "Would you like one too, Alex?"

Alex: "Uh, yeah," he nodded and offered the glass to the old lady, "You want it, then?"

Amara: Amara giggled to herself and wandered through to the kitchen.

NanaAl: "Thanks, bub." Al took the offered glass and emptied it in one go. "Finally someone here who knows how to treat an old lady."

Amara: Amara re-emerged from the kitchen carrying two glasses of water, "There was a time I would have drank that glass of vodka. But it's not a good idea right now." She offered one of the glasses to Alex.

Wade: Reaching over and taking Amway's glass, Wade sat back and took a sip, then choked. "Oh my gungha den this is terrible. This Vodka tastes like water. Here, want it?" Wade held it out to Nana.

Alex: "You're, um, welcome..." Alex took the glass from Amara and handed it back once Wade took hers, "...You can have it. I'll just get a glass later..."

NanaAl: "If it looks like water and tastes like water, it probably is water, silly." Al said and gave Wade a quick look through her thick glasses. "So what would I want with that?"

Amara: "No, it's ok," Amara told Alex, giving the water back, "I'm up, I may as well get another one... or maybe some milk..." She wandered off back to the kitchen.

Alex: "Okay, thanks," he gave a smile before she headed back to the kitchen and took a sip.

Wade: "Hmm, another glass on the table, and it looks like water in it. Therefor it must taste like water. I wonder if any of the potted plants could do with two glasses of water." Wade mostly mumbled

Amara: Amara returned and carried her glass of milk to the sofa where she sat down and picked up her book again.

Wade: After a quiet moment, Wade finally said, "So, any good shows on tv?"