3/31 Instance: Dinner and a Movie

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Timelined after Cats Gone Wild

Hepzibah prowled through the hallways, till she caught the scent she was looking for. Then, she followed it up the stairs and towards the boys' dorms. Being in the boys' dorms didn't bother her so much, but she almost turned tail and ran away while trying to get up the courage to knock on one door in particular. Finally, she took a deep breath and rapped on it lightly. "Hector?"

Hector found his stash and headed for the door and opened it just as Hepz knocked. "Yes?" Said the empty space in front of her.

"Hec-" she stopped short at the sight of nothing in front of her. God, he must still be freaked out. Hell! She was still freaked out - despite her act in the Rec Room. "Um, you're a being a little vague there..."

"Yeah... What?... Anyway, got treats." He held up a little baggy, also not visible. "Wanna share?" He asked grinning.

She couldn't see the 'treat' but she could smell it easily enough. "I, um..." She found it incredibly distracting to talk to thin air. "For God's sake Hec, would you knock it off!"

He looked hurt. "If you don't want some, just say no..." He slipped the bag in his back pocket, and closed the door behind hisself as he started to push past her.

She felt him push against her as she watch the door shut. "No! Wait!!" She grabbed at him, or at least in his vicinity. "I didn't mean that, I meant - " She felt down and grabbed what she hoped was his hand. "I meant this!" She pulled his invisible hand up in hers. "I can't see you."

"Ha.. What are you..." He finally saw, well, didn't see, what she was speaking of. "What the hell..." He waved his hand in front of his face.

"Oh shit...".

"Oh shit?" she repeated. "What do you mean oh shit? Just turn it off. I mean, I promise I'm over the whole killer kitty bit right now..." She winced. If she could have turned invisible at the moment, she would have too.

"It's not turning off... It's stuck on..." He shifted part of his field over to her, and as the hand holding his disappeared, his other hand reappeared. "Ok... I can still shift it though...."

She stared at the visible hand, wide eyed. "What do you mean you stuck?? How can you be stuck??" She stared for a moment longer, then slumped against the door, closing her eyes. "You know what? I think I want some of those goodies now."

"Need to grab food first... I'm out and I think it's going to be a long night... Lets go..." He pulled her up, and drug her down the hall.

She felt her body being yanked out down the hallway like a slinky. "Food? The kitchen is the other way." She tried to point with her free hand, but to no avail. "Hec? Where are you going??"

He didn't answer as he pulled her out the front door to the school. He looked back and forth, spotting a truck, he lead her over to it. "We are getting out of here..."

"We-" She stopped in her tracks. "Hec, I can't." The whole incident with Kyle had put her on lock down as far as the higher-ups were concerned. She'd gotten an earful when they'd gotten wind of the APB with her and Kyle's descriptions. "See, um...I might have gotten myself in a little trouble a few days ago. If I'm seen off school grounds - it's the pound for me."

"Fine." He shifted his field completely to her. "Done. Lets go." He reached his free hand through the cracked window and opened the door.

She felt a tingling sensation as she vanished from her own sight and a skinned Hector appear beside her. You know, he was actually kind of cute in a stoned-out kinda way. She was pulled from those thoughts and he pushed her into the truck.

He climbed in beside her. He reached under the dash, pulled a few wires, and wound them together as the engine came to life. He floored the gas and headed into town.

"I am going to assume either this isn't your truck or you don't own a set of keys." Hepz settled herself into the passenger's side and stared at the vacant seat to her left. "Hec?" She motioned to his lack of substance as a car passed by them.

"Yeah... Not sure who's this is... I'm gonna bring it back... So it's not like it's really stealing..." He rounded a corner and the town came in view in front of them. "What do you want to eat?"

"Hec! Focus!" She ordered, grabbing his hand again. "I feel like I'm in a bad spin off of 'Herbie the Love Bug', dude."

"Oh shit... right." He took her hand and shifted his field again. "Sorry... Anyway... What kinda food you want?"

She'd gone nutzo, he was stuck on invisible and all he could think about was his stomach. She smirked. "Yo quiero Taco Bell?" She sat back again, musing. "In Mexico, do they just call it 'food'?"

"Yeah... I mean... Yeah... That sounds good." He drove around a bit till he found it and pulled into the drive through. "What do you want?"

"I want Sonic," she smiled ever so sweetly.

He looked towards her. "You just asked for... never mind." He turned the wheel and jumped the curb and headed down the street to Sonic. He pulled into one of the spots, and turned to her again, "Now what do you want?..."

She started to say McDonald's but decided it was too long a walk back to the school. She leaned over the driver's side to see the menu. She started to point her invisible hand at her choice, then gave a sigh. "I want a that combo. The one in the middle, with the cheese fries and vanilla milkshake - extra whip cream."

Hector repeated the order and added his own. "That'll be $12.49, your order will be right out.", said the little speaker.

He thought for a moment, "I'm not going to be able to reach into my pocket... you wanna...?" He trailed off.

"I thought you'd never ask," she laughed and they quieted down as the old couple in the sedan next to them stared at Hector and his dual voices. She dug into his right pocket with her free hand. "I can't reach it! Scooch a little." she whispered.

He grinned, and then leaned to the side a bit. He whispered back, "Why don't you move a little closer?..." He pulled on her hand a little.

She withdrew her free hand from his pocket and let him pull her closer and till she was all but sitting in his lap. She gave an invisible grin to the nosy old couple who were intently interested in Hector and his seemingly bizarre movements.

He gave a grin to the couple. "Nice day." He added much softer, "Would you hurry up... Car-hops almost here with the food..."

"I'm trying!!" she hissed in his ear. "My God! How deep are these pockets??" She plunged her hand back down, trying to reach the money in his jeans. She was starting to feel like an invisible pretzel.

that's not my cash.... "Should be a big wad of cash... Can't be hard to find... it's like 200 dollars... Wait..." He reached into his other pocket with his free hand and pulled out the cash.

She leaned back against the steering wheel in a huff, setting off the horn. Startled, she lunged back forward. "You are such an ass. You did that on purpose!" she accused much more loudly that she'd intended. Now the cars on both sides of them were staring at Hector.

Through a huge grin he said quietly, "Did not..." He laughed, and looked over to the old couple next car over. "Working on a ventriloquist act... What do you think? Gonna give that Jeff Dunham guy a run for his money..."

"Did too!" She goosed him with her free hand.

"Owe!! Sounds real doesn't it..." He kept the forced grin and started to roll up the window as the car-hop showed up. He handed her a 20 and took in their food and drinks with his free hand, setting all the food on the "empty" seat next to him. "Keep the change."

Then he rolled the window up. "Oh man that was close..."

"You started it." Hepzibah dug through the Sonic bag until she noticed the load full of kids in the car next to the passenger side were staring wide eyed at the self moving bag. "God, it sucks to be invisible!" She withdrew her invisible free hand. "So, where to now?"

"Your call. Hand me my cherry limeade." He pulled out and headed down the road. "Wanna go watch a movie?"

She couldn't remember the last time she'd gotten to go see a movie. Careful to keep the hand over out of sight, she passed him the fruity flavored drink. "That would be awesome!"

He drove around a bit more till he found a theater. "Grab the bag, we'll sneak the food in..." He opened the door, and helped her out.

She complied and piled out of the truck, holding his hand the whole way as people brushed past her unnoticed.

He lead the way to the ticket counter, bought one for the new Batman movie. "This should be good... You remember Ledger as Joker in the last one?..."

"'I'm a dog chasing cars?' uh-huh," she whispered, sticking close to Hec as they meandered through the crowd. "When you said movie, I thought we were going to a drive in." She didn't like being in a crowd with this many humans.

"I don't even know if there are any drive ins left in the country. It's cool though, not like anyone can see you." He said very quietly as they made their way to empty seats.

She gave a disgruntled growl and just tried to be happy she was out and about and not still stuck at school. She settled down in her seat next to Hector. "You know? I don't think I've ever held hands with anyone this long..." The house lights went down and the theater went dark.

"Well, yeah... me too. Could put my arm around ya if you want a change?" He grinned, and popped a tatter tot in his mouth.

"Actually, that would be better. My hand went to sleep about twenty minutes ago." She slipped her hand loose and wrang it, then went after her burger and fries. She stared ahead as an endless line of previews played out on the screen.

Hector put his arm around her, and continued to pop tatter tots. "Could you grab my foot long?" He asked absently as he watched a movie trivia preview.

She almost popped off a smart reply, but bit her tongue instead and grabbed up his hotdog. "Say please..."

"Please?", he asked. He watched as the next question came up, and almost shouted, "Antonio Banderas!"

"You're no fun," she smirked and took the lid off her milkshake to get the whip cream out first. "I liked him in 'Shrek'."

"Me too." He took a bite, and thought for a second. "I'm fun..." He said a bit hurt.

"Prove it." She giggled as a new "National Lampoons" movie previewed. Finally, all the whip cream gone, she put the lid back on and took a sip.

He eyed her invisible form, and grinned. This'll be a good movie... He thought as the theater went full dark.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

D'aww, that looks like the start of something :shifty
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

And when Bobby goes to work the next day, and gets in his truck... "Where the fuck did all this white hair come from?!"
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Heptor?
Heczibah?

I can't come up with a very good sounding one, but I like the idea of them all the same. :( Poor Kyle.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Raven Hare
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Talking Pussy

Post by Raven Hare »

ahem...I plead the 5th on the cat hair in Bobby's truck. :whistle
And - why poor Kyle?? He's got a new play mate out of this whole deal didn't he?? LOL

[Edited on 4/4/09 by Raven Hare]
:hepz :kitty
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

this is totally johnny on his dsi... just trying stuff out n seeing how good it looks on here. :)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn